- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Feel free to leave a review or anything, and if you wanna see something in the story also or a idea for a new chapter, I'm always open for ideas.
Thursday, June 24th, 2004

I wake up, it being extremely hot in the living room. I just now realize that no one has air conditioning besides shops in Europe, this is one of the few things I'm kinda homesick for, since back in the states it would of been impossible to live without. I look at the clock on the wall in Sarah's kitchen, it's a 12 hour clock, which is quite rare to have over here. It's 11 o'clock in the morning, and I assume she's gone off to work. I see a notecard the size of a rug carpet to me on the counter near the couch I'm currently standing on. I jog across from the right end of the couch to the left, feeling like I just walked a entire soccer field. I climb up onto the side of the couch, using the leather as a grip point before jumping onto the wooden counter to. I walk over and attempt to lift up the notecard and lay it slanted on the lamp for I can see it better. I do, and walk back a bit

"You were sleeping as I was getting ready for work, so I didn't want to bother you. I'll be back around 4:30 or so" I read out loud to myself, Sarah's hand writing is in cursive so I kinda had to twist my head a bit.

"Hmph, well that's thoughtful of her I guess" I say.

I feel a slight churn of hunger in my stomach, kinda stunning me for a bit.

"I really need something to eat, I could really go for some Mickey D's right now" I think to myself, using my inner voice for the first time since I've shrunk.

I jump down from the couch and walk to the kitchen instead, knowing if I go outside I could totally be seen. I climb the bottom cabinets knobs like they're those multicolored steps on climbing walls, pushing myself up onto the counter. The toaster seems as huge as a semi truck to me, some crumbs of toast scattered around it, looking like the size of rocks. I walk past the toaster, which is seemingly unplugged. I get towards the sink, the knobs are hot and cold and look like the size of the passenger cars on Ferris wheels. The sink is basically besides a couple of plates and cups, which look almost comically huge to me. The bottle of Fairy dish liquid halfway filled with yellow liquid, the Lemon scented smell is kinda strong too. I walk along the edge of the sink, to avoid falling in and landing on the glass plates and cups. I pass the sink and get near the metallic breadbox. I put both hands on the metal handle and lift slash throw it up with both of my hands, a metal shuffling sound as I do.

I manage to get the breadbox open, a package of something called Penguins, red and blue coloring on it. The package is seemingly already opened, I stick my hand inside and pull out a even smaller package, I look at, before tearing open the package. It's a little bit taller than me. I drag out the chocolate covered rectangular like cookie. I take a bit out of it, it tasting chalky at first but I grow to like it. I take about 3 big bites out of it before feeling full, putting the rest of it back in it's wrapper. I leave it out on the counter. I jump back down, actually scaring myself with the drop this time. I didn't expect the fall to be this far and this fast, I actually kinda scared myself doing so. I land on my two feet, the adrenaline rushing through me and my heart pumping pretty fast. I ignore the pain in my feet and also kinda my back for jumping, I sit on the floor and breath for a bit, trying to calm myself down.

"I'm never (I take a another deep breath) doing that shit ever again" I say, before breathing again.

I get back up in about 3 minutes, walking to the living room to watch TV and possibly fall asleep. I take my time, kinda dragging my feet from the hardwood floor of the kitchen/hallway to the carpet on the living room. I climb onto the couch and turning the TV on, airing a ad for British Airways, I watch a little bit of it, wishing I had a bed on my flights with Delta to get here. I watch TV until 1 o'clock, mostly American shows like "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" one of the few TV shows mom would watch, or a reruns of Friends, a show I'm surprised is still on, another channel seemingly airing a all day marathon of "Malcolm in the Middle", a show I remember Nate would sometimes would watch in the living room on Sundays if a new episode of it was on.

I decide to turn the TV off and go to sleep, I sleep until I hear a key insert the door and turn. I wake up almost immediately as soon as I hear it.

"How was it being at home basically all day" Sarah says, she's dressed in a striped T-shirt and blue jeans with holes in them, her shoes are New Balance.

"It was fine" I say, mocking her Scottish accent.

"Oh really?" She says, doing a valley girl accent, and I admit, she doesn't sound half bad.

"Really" I say, we both laugh.

"Well, I'm going to go to Jonas's flat. Do you want to come with me? There's only one way to go though..." She says with a smile and her pale left hand on her belly.

"Eh, might as well" I say, Sarah picks me up and lays me in her palm she slants her hands and I slide in her mouth, my shoe hitting on of her bottom teeth.

Sarah closes her mouth, it's dark and moist on the inside. Her tongue feeling like a giant wet living carpet, it's all black inside her mouth, only just a little bit of light shines in when she swallows, her muscles pulling me down. I fall down her throat again, I see her hand press on her throat, Sarah attempting to feel me as a slide down. Her stomach opens up and I splash down, I see some digested lettuce and other mushed up vegetables, the acid being a acid/water mix. It's up to my knees, I see a small sweet tomato she must of swallowed not to far from me, it's about the size of a tire. I splash it back, getting some acid on it and it starts to melt a bit.

"I can see you ate pretty healthy today" I say.

"Yeah, I had a salad from ASDA that Tim said he had in his fridge in the back of the store that he hasn't eaten yet when he realized I didn't have any money on me for lunch. He's actually a pretty nice guy when you need something from him" She says, her voice booming, her heart beat almost as loud as it from inside her belly.

"Nice, so who is this Jonas guy? I don't think you've told me about him?" I respond back, her acids starting to kinda work on me but as soon as I feel a sharp burning pain it seems to not work.

"He's my boyfriend. He's from Germany and I met him at the university in November of last year since we had the same classes, but he kinda just takes night classes now" she says, I can hear her heartbeat even louder when she talks about it, maybe she's blushing.

"Ah, interesting" I say, remembering she told me she had a boyfriend when I first met him, she didn't really say much else.

A acid bubble pops in my face, I flinch but it doesn't burn.

"I feel like your stomach hates me for some reason" I say, watching that same acid bubble causing more bubbling and watching one rise up from her stomach.

"Well, it does see you as (She burps) food" Sarah says, putting her hands on her belly and pressing it a bit, I feel the food come more towards me and the acids really starting to digest and bubble up as she puts pressure on her belly, the space being a bit more cramped.

"Tell me about it" I say, Sarah takes her hand on her belly and everything flows back to where it was.

I feel Sarah walk, the food and liquid also swaying around as she walks, sloshing me back and forwards. I realize I've never really had the need to piss or shit while this size, which is kinda weird. She opens her door and walks out, I feel her get on her bike, her belly kinda adjusting itself too, the food starting to get more digested as she rides, I see a big wave of acid wash over me and the food, and a churn. Sarah remarks that she could hear and feel that. The bike ride is about 20 minutes, I could tell that we went from the city to more suburban by the ten minute mark, judging by the lack of cars and traffic. I feel Sarah start to slow down. Before getting of the Bike. She puts a chain on it before she opens the door, she closes it behind her. I see the lettuce and the other foods slowly starting to move on into her intestines, I resist it, since I know for a fact I'm not going on that way out of her again. I do and I stay in her stomach, the only things left is still some water and some lettuce and chewed up cauliflower and tomatoes.

She walks up the apartment stairs, it echos throughout the apartment. The liquid and food and me sloshing around a bit with each step. She walks about two more steps before stopping at a door, she knocks on it.

It's about a minute before I hear the locks on the door unlock and the sound of a TV airing.

"Sarah, I didn't think you'd come over today" I hear Jonas say, he has a pretty strong German accent.

"Well, I haven't seen you in awhile" she says, smiling, she takes a couple of steps inside his apartment.

"It's pretty clean in here, compared to last time I was here" she says, with a teasing sound in her voice.

"Very funny" he says, I hear him slouch down on his couch and open what I think is a bottle of beer.

"They're airing pregame stuff before the match tonight on Sky Sports" I hear him say before he takes a swig of his beer, I realize everyone's voice sounds kinda muffled from inside Sarah's belly, her stomach walls not transmitting sounds all that well, but what do you expect.

"Oh, yeah. It's England vs Portugal tonight yeah?" She says, sitting down next to him.

"Yes" He says, taking another swig of his beer afterwards.

"What time do you get off work anyways?" Sarah says, I feel her adjust her shirt before she slides back down in in the couch, I feel her kick her shoes off.

"Ehhh, around 3 or so. My mitarbeiters get off later though" He says, I think squeezing a German word into that sentence.

"Your what?" Sarah says, confused.

"Coworkers. I really need to stop using German words in English sentences" He says.

"It really does" She says.

It's silent for about 5 minutes, until Jonas sticks in finger into Emily's belly, it's kinda poking into her stomach walls.

"You've gotten a bit doughy since I last saw you" He says, teasing.

"I mean, at least I'm eating. You're as skinny as a stick" She says, laughing a bit at the end of her sentence.

He laughs and takes a swig of his beer, mumbling something in German and getting up to put his beer in the trash.

"Want something while I'm up?" I hear him say from a distance.

"No, I'm fine" She says, I feel her cross her leg on her lap.

I hear the fridge open and close, with a glass clink. Jonas walks back to the couch and takes a seat.

"So, I've been meaning to tell you something" Jonas starts off, reaching for something in his pocket.

I hear Sarah's heartbeat going faster and faster out of anticipation on what he's going to ask.

"I bought these two Eurostar tickets to Berlin on Monday. I thought it would be nice if you met my family for the first time, We've been dating for months at this point so I thought it was time. Sorry I'm telling you on such short notice, I didn't think about it again until this morning" He says, I notice Sarah's heartbeat slowing down again.

"Yeah, okay. When?" She says, I can feel her lungs above me fill with air, a loud wooshing sound.

"About 12 this Friday" he says.

"Yeah that is short notice, but I think I can call my boss and explain the situation to him when I get home, and I can afford to miss a couple of days of class, I'll just pull a all nighter when I get back" she says.

"All nighter? Isn't that a American term" he says.

"Yeah, I heard one of the American guys at uni talk about pulling one, so that's where I got it from" Sarah says, pulling her leg down from her lap.

"Americans, first the world, now the English language" He says joking. I'll admit, it was kinda funny.

It's quiet again for awhile, the soccer match between England and Portugal going on being the only sounds besides Jonas drinking his beer or Sarah coughing.

"Well, I'll pack my bags for Friday, see you then" She says, getting up and putting her shoes on, her belly kinda folding over a bit as she does that, I land face first on her stomach wall, I feel her wince a bit.

"Bye Sarah" He says, turning the TV up louder.

The ride back home wasn't bad, but Sarah did say she's not used riding near sundown.

As soon as she gets inside she runs into the bathroom, before I even notice I'm sucked back up her throat and on her mouth, with some other food.

"I did that just for you" Sarah says, grabbing me and placing me on the side of the bathroom counter.

"You threw up?" I say.

"Touched my uvula, mouth of course, don't get any ideas" she says, smiling.

She starts to clean me and the kitchen sink up, which takes about 5 minutes.

"I don't know about Germany though, will I get back before my trip is over?" I say, as she dries me off with a hair dryer after washing me.

"I mean, just only for 3 days so yeah. Plus, it's nice to have a change of scenery" She says, turning the hair dryer off.

"Yeah, I guess so" I say, my clothes still kinda dripping wet and smelling like dish soap.

Later on I overhear Sarah calling her boss, he says it's fine, and afterwards calls Emily and tells her the situation, she says it's okay as long as he gets back before his trip is over.

"Are you ready for tomorrow, Matt?" She says, dressed in her night clothes.

"I guess so" I say, standing on my pillow.

She laughs and turns off the light. I lay down on the pillow, the words "A change of Scenery" sticking out in my head as I fall asleep.
Chapter End Notes:
The next couple of chapters are going to get much more exciting, I've had those parts planned out since January or so.