- Text Size +

Luca

It was wild dealing with an amazon like Blair. I went in with the intent to get a quick answer. But being in front of such a titan was easier said than done. My knees quaked just being so close to her. Especially when she walked right in front of me, making me feel inadequate by being existing.

But the interaction was not that bad, at least now I had a new lead. All I had to do was wait till school ended. Then I would have to face the beast once again. This time in her own lair.

With the final bell ringing, dread crept up on me. It was time to see Blair. I reluctantly packed up and slowly made my way to the other side of campus. In a matter of minutes I had arrived, taking in a deep breath to summon courage, I knocked.

"Come in."

The voice seemed pleased to hear my arrival. I did not know if it was a good or bad thing. I opened the door and found myself in a room more lavish and bigger than any in the orphanage.

"Its about time you arrive. I thought you freaked and bailed." She was seated on a desk. I felt like I was at the principles office.

"So..." I did not really know how to start. Might as well get straight to the point. "Do you know anything about Daisy's whereabouts?"

Blair sighed. "Wow no pleasantries, just straight at it."

"Well I am really pressed on time."

"Huh, is that so," she reclined like this really did not matter to her. It annoyed me.

"Yes it is so," I almost growled. "Look I am really worried about my friend. And if you dont give a damn about her I might as well leave. I wont wast my time or yours. I'm-"

"Why do you care so much for her, welfare boy?" She cut me off.

"Huh?"

"You said you were worried and from the looks of it you really are. So it gets me wondering who is this Daisy to you?"

I always liked Daisy, but she was more like a sister to me. We both arrived in the orphanage at the same time and we both got a scholarship to this school. We always had each others back. Plus, she and Ava were the only people close to family I had.

"So you going to tell me? If you do I might remember something."

I sighed. "Yes I care about her. But not in the manner that you are implying. She and her sister are like family to me. They are all I got in the orphanage."

"Orphanage?"

I scoffed, of course she did not know about us being orphans. "Yes orphanage. We are orphans."

"Huh," she did not look like she cared. "And you mentioned a sister?"

"What about her? I thought we are talking about Daisy?"

"We are, shrimp. The more I know about her, the more I might actually care to do something. So if you really do want to find her tell me what I asked."

Blair was a person who got what she wanted. And from her irritated look I knew I should just tell her. "Yes, Daisy has a younger sister."

"Wow you and Daisy both have a gift for rhetoric. Look here shrimp, if you want to know more about Daisy you got to get more descriptive." She gave me this look that make my heart skip, from fear and lust. "Tell me about her sister."

It was a command. "Fine. Her sister's name is Ava. She is about 14 years old. Looks like Daisy, but a head taller. And very worried about her missing sister."

"Everyone is taller than her?" She smirked.

I glared back. "I told you what you want. Now-"

"You gave me an age and height comparison. Nothing you said actually told me about who her sister is."

"Forgive me, Blair. But why the hell do you want to know?"

Her eyes narrowed. She was not used to being talked to like this. But I was not in the mood to deal with the likes of her.

I sighed. I really wanted to get out. Obviously she did not care about finding Daisy, which was my pressing concerns. But if I did tell her about the Ava she might find some sympathy to help me.

"Ava is a good girl with the purest heart. She likes to sing, draw, and help people-"

"Just like your ordinary princess." Blair mocked.

I did not let it get to me. Instead I continued, "She even enjoys sports as well, thought it is not best for her health."

"Why is that?"

"Lets just say she has many health issues."

"Like asthma?"

"Yes..." I answered. How did she know? Did she know all along and was playing with me.

"Of course." Blair sighed unimpressed. "No originality. Always following the same plot: sister is sick. You guys can't pay for her meds. Daisy wants to do something, ends up doing odds jobs to pay the bills. But still ends up short. Stress falls as bills pile and sister's situation gets worse. Sounds about right?" She paused with a smirk. "Well if you ask me, Daisy might have felt too pressured. Couldn't handle it anymore so she decided to run away and leave her cliche sad life behind."

I was annoyed at her reaction. I thought it would soften her up a bit, but still she was stone cold. My anger spiked up, I had to get out. It would not end well for me if I let my emotions take over. Taking a deep breath, I turning around I headed for the door.

"Where are you going?"

I might have my anger in check but I was still a bit annoyed. "Look, you clearly do not care about finding Daisy. And now I see that it was a waste of time to even come here. Daisy is missing, and her sister is sitting back home depressed about her absence. Yet here you are without the care in the world. I need to find Daisy and if you are not going to help then just let me be go and do whatever an ARROGANT JERK like you does after school."

As soon as the words left my mouth, I regretted it. Blair herself was caught off guard, which was somehow disturbing and surprising. But as she slowly stood up my fight left and I found myself backing away as she approached me.

My back hit the wall beside the door. I would have left but Blair's hand shot up onto the door, blocking my escape. Her body looming in front of my, my head dangerously close to her breasts as her eyes pierced my own. She bent down. Its intimidating to have her so close.

"Sorry I did not quite hear you there," she let her breath wash over me, asserting her presence. "What did you call me?"

She was trying to intimidated me, and I was intimidated. But I had gone too far to back out. Though maybe I can cool things down, "Look," I breath in deeply, catching her scent. "I am sorry if I pissed you off. But I really do not have time for this. If you have family of your own wouldn't you be distressed if they just went missing from your life?"

I saw something spark in her. Like for a second she was sad. She did not show any emotion but I could see it in her eyes, and it told me she somehow knew what it was like to loss someone. And For that moment the goddess became a human.

I froze as her hand dropped down. I flinched, expecting the worse. Instead of hitting me or giving me pain, she rose back up and opened the door, allowing me enough place to move. I gladly took the chance, not going to stay and push my chances. With a quick shuffle I was out. Now I just needed to get as far away as possible and probably never come back to school.

"She found a job."

"What," I turned around in surprise. Seeing her take up the entire doorway was quite a sight to behold.

"She found a job. Probably one that pays well. If she really needed the cash, then she probably took it."

Ava's meds were really expensive. And the lack of funds for her treatment was really stressing Daisy out. She was pressed with finding any job that pays anything. The orphanage did help a little. But they did not have the funds for every single child there. I mean the sisters had bleed themselves dry helping all of the orphans. Which made Daisy and I feel bad asking for more help. So if Daisy did find a good job then she would surely take it. Now the question was why didn't Daisy tell anyone? Tell us?

I wanted to ask more about it but did not want to push my luck with Blair. I did not want her to get pissed. But looking back at Blair I started to see there was more to her than what I thought. Maybe she actually cared? Maybe she was only being an ass to hide her softer side. I did not know why but I somehow knew she was different.

"Hey," I spoke with a renowned confidence. She glared at me, quite annoyed. "Thanks."

She maintained her careless look. But I knew it was all for show. She was about to go back in her lair, but I called out to her.

"And by the way, the name is Luca." I flushed a smile.

She just rolled her eyes, turned and shut the door.

With a sigh I made my way back "home". I would tell Ava what I learned. At least there is good news to share this time. It was not really an answer as to where Daisy went. But it was still something, and I would take any news I could get.

Blair was still hiding something. I know it. But slowly she will open up. If my guess on her character was correct, then Blair was not the ass I assumed she was.