- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate goes on a rampage, destroying cities as well as the military. Can she be stopped?

Kate was now over 500 times the size she had been for the past 10 years. By now, her growth had slowed to one foot per minute, but she was still growing nonetheless. Her presence alarmed many of the world powers, including one general. His name was Arthur Titenis, a giant of a man who commanded a presence despite his aged appearance. He spoke to his troops, gathered together at a nearby military base. "Gentlemen, we have a national security crisis on our hands. A 500-foot tall woman claims to have been sighted in the Chicago area. It is your duty to try and reason with her, and if not, destroy her. "

 

A soldier spoke up. "Sir, what you're describing is impossible. It is a scientific fact that as the cubic volume of an organism goes up, its muscle power only goes up by its square. In other words, while its size is cubed, its strength is merely squared. At 500 feet, she'd be dead, her bones unable to sustain her weight. She would not be running around the city as if it was a walk in the park. " "And yet, there are footprints 80 feet long in the Chicago bay area. Your job is not to ask why she exists, but to take her out. We'll have the top biologists examine her afterwards- her autopsy should be very enlightening. "

 

Kate, meanwhile, was having the time of her life. She came to a cloverleaf, balled it up, and sent it rolling into a series of buildings. "This is just like bowling!" she exclaimed with glee. She marveled at how small the people around her seemed. She couldn't believe she was once that size. With all the remorse of a man stepping on a cockroach, Kate smashed a panicking crowd flat. She swung her fists into a building, and laughed maniacally as it fell to the ground. Soon it smashed others like dominoes. The entire city had been leveled save for a few skyscrapers she wanted to save for later.

 

That was when the military arrived. A fleet of tanks, helicopters, and infantry arrived in Chicago to confront the colossus called Kate. The general grabbed a megaphone. "Madam, stop your rampaging at once! We are prepared to use lethal force if necessary to take you out. Come quietly and we will let you live. " Kate was scared. She was a colossus, no doubt, but she didn't feel up to the task of taking out the entire platoon. Nevertheless, she refused to back down. "Do what you can to me, general. I'm 550 feet tall and growing! I'll only become larger and larger, more and more colossal from here on. I don't know or care how big I will get, but it will surely be big enough to defeat whatever you can throw at me. " Kate spied the enormous Sears tower. Even though she only was a third of its size, she was quite able to knock it down. With a push of her mighty arms, the entire structure came down.

 

There was a sound that could be heard for miles. A dust cloud formed as the structure collided with the military forces, and a shockwave toppled tanks and killed infantry. It was as if a meteor had hit. Shrapnel penetrated the soldiers' bodies and flattened tanks. Arthur Titenis was among the casualties. She then turned her attention to the helicopters. They were simple enough. With a gust of wind from her bellow-like lungs, she exhaled a breath that sent the helicopters flying. They didn't stand a chance.

 

Kate examined the wreckage. She had just destroyed an entire city! Her, the puny woman who was dumped by her boyfriend because of her small size, had demolished a city filled with 2 million people! There were no survivors of her wrath- no, her mere playing had caused all this destruction. The realization of the magnitude of her powers triggered something in her. She rapidly expanded. 600 feet tall. 650. 700. 800. 900. 1000 feet tall and growing! She moved on to her next destination.

 

Crushing several cities in her way, Kate made her way to New York City. Now 3000 feet tall, Kate strolled into town. Her proportions were enormous. Her toes alone were at least 30 feet high. Her enormous breasts were 218 feet high, her colossal legs 1500 feet long. Her titanic feet were 484 feet long and 170 feet wide. She was still growing. As she strode into town, she briefly considered making a detour to compare herself to the Empire State Building. Then she decided it would be no contest: It would barely come up to her ankles, even on the base.

 

She tore up the Empire State building, the size of a baseball bat to her. She swung it into several more skyscrapers, which lasted a bit until her makeshift club broke. She didn't really care, though. She trod on the broken glass caused by her tearing up buildings. It used to sting a bit, but now her skin was so thick and leathery she didn't feel a thing. How thick was it, anyway, she wondered. It had to be at least a foot by now. By now, it was getting dark, so she decided to get some rest. She decided to lie down, destroying thousands of acres of land in the process and creating a crater 50 feet deep. She slept, dreaming sweet dreams of destruction while her body continued to grow.