- Text Size +

I rushed to my car, turning the engine on and..
"Fuck, I forgot to ask where is her workplace!"

While I was about to get out, a police car drove at full speed toward the precint.
What the hell was going on here, things were getting wierder and wierder from second to second.

I had no other choice but to run back inside to see what was going on.

In front of the reception there were two men who were holding a girl by her arms, long messy blonde hair and patched clothes.
Suddenly I felt something touch my shoulder.

"HAAAAAA!" I squeaked, turning around I saw Victoria and Kris next to me.

"Oh my God, Victoria, you scared the shit out of me!"

"I should be the one saying that, you made me truly worry before,you have been acting very oddly lately, what's going on?"

"It doesn't matter now, who is she?" I asked curiosly, the face of that young maid didn't tell anything to me.

"She is Serena, our supposed killer!"

"Why did they take her?Did she do something wrong?!"Kris asked still not completely aware of what was going on.

"What, but that is.." I was sure she was shrinking people and killing them but why was she here now?With her power she shouldn't have been caught that easily!Couldn't she control it?Or it doesn't have such a wide range to work on multiple people?!

There was only one way to know that, ask her directly.
Leaving Kris with a friend I had here, me and Victoria followed those two cops inside the questioning room.
To my request, I had them tie up Serena's arms and legs to a chair.

One man stayed here with me and Victoria, the other instead walked outside, locking us in, he stood still watching  us from a glass panel.


We waited for a while,the sound of the wind accompanying the silence of this room,increasing in its intensity gradually,becoming louder and louder, the sky had gotten darker, a storm was coming or so it seemed.

Then from under the door, that guy outside, slided in a document,in which there were inside all the clues and informations we were able to gather throughout our investigation, Victoria picked it up and handed it to me.

I started to show a few pics of the missing people to Serena.

"Do you know them?"

"I know these two, but I have never seen this cop before!"

"Did you kill them?"

"NO!" She shouted, she didn't seem to be lying but she had to be the killer.

"Listen if you tell me the truth, I promise I will make sure you will not get the death penalty, so!"

The wind started to blow even stronger, this was the first time I heard it this loud, was a tornado passing by!?
The intensity of the wind outside could be compared to the one in this girl's eyes when she answered me.

"I did not kill anyone, I would never do it, no matter what you say to me, I won't confess something I didn't do!!"

When she said that last word,I was very sure I heard something cracking, a few seconds later a thud and the room was sent into the depths of darkness.

"Fuck, what's going on here, who turned off the light!?" Victoria screamed, in her voice I could hear a bit of panic setting in.

"Don't worry, Victoria, it must have been the window shutters, their supports must have been busted by the wind, I will reach the window and..."

I felt my body getting lighter, I knew what was going on here, there was no resisting it, I closed my eyes and let my consciousness fade, everything turned black once again.

When I woke up, I found myself in the very same room I was before,the light had been restored.
I looked around and like I had suspected everything around me at grown and the three people who were inside with me had disappeared.

Still trying to get a grasp of the whole situation, the ground beneath my feet started to shake.
A  few seconds after in front of me appeared two black woman boots.


I looked up, usually I could see just a little part of the body of my assailant but this was not the case this time.
Her shoes, her stockings, her black dress, I could see up to her breasts and everything looked so familiar...
The rest instead was a dark figure with no distinguishable features.

"I told you to stay out of this but now you leave me with no choices!"
I heard a giggle then her foot was raised up in the air casting a huge shadow over me.

The black sole of her heeled boot was covered in dark red faint stains, it was clear at this point who those belonged too.

"Goodbye!" This time a laugh, a mocking laugh then her foot descended down like a hammer, in a matter of a few seconds I felt my body explode and I lost consciousness, there was no pain, I supposed the stomp had killed me instantly.

"Ugh, my head!"I had woken up once again, lying on the ground, my vision still blurry though it seemed like someone had fixed the windo..

"HAAAAAAAAAA!"

A female scream, my vision returned just in time.
I saw Victoria's shoes in front of my eyes, close to them a red stain.