- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
With this chapter, the last time I even touched this story was over four years ago(!), but for some reason I am compelled to come back and continue; enjoy.
A light breeze came over Brian, feeling cool on his skin, as his eyes slowly opened. He closed them again as a light from above blinded him, but it was also comforting as it provided him with a warm heat. He slowly opened his eyes again and recognized the shining sun above in the sky.

Brian sat up, looked around, and noticed that he was in an open field that seemed to stretch on forever in all directions. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. The grass felt soft and inviting below him; Brian smiled and closed his eyes again, taking in everything. He opened them again, and saw Lila in the distance coming towards him. Brian waved at Lila to get her attention.

"Hey!" Brian yelled, "over here!"

Lila continued walking towards Brian, a smile on her face, but didn't seem to acknowledge him; she just kept walking. Brian stood up and waved her over once more.

"Hey!" Brian yelled again, "Lila, it's Brian!"

She kept walking closer towards him but Brian was impatient as he started running towards her; except that Brian soon noticed that something was wrong. The closer he ran towards her, and the closer she walked towards him, the bigger she started to get until Brian was no longer looking straight ahead at her but rather straight up at her as she had to be at least fifty feet tall!

Brian stopped running as he starred in amazement at Lila, who had stopped walking herself, as she stared down at Brian. Before he could even react, she picked him up in her right hand with ease and brought him up to her mouth. Brian struggled as Lila started to open her mouth wide.

"No!" Brian screamed, "Lila, stop! What are you doing?" he pleaded as Lila's hand brought Brian closer to her mouth. "Please, don't!" Brian cried, "Don't do this to me!"

Lila paid no heed to his request and plopped him right into her mouth, closing it behind Brian, who was now in complete darkness. It was wet and sticky. Brian tried to grab onto anything he could frantically, but Lila tilted her head back sending Brian careening down her tongue like a slide toward her throat.

Brian screamed.

The next thing he saw were bars. Metal bars. He looked around and noticed that he was in jail. It was a dream, a bad dream. He was covered in sweat. His heart was racing and he had trouble catching his breath. His hands were shaking.

"Just a dream," He said out loud to himself, "just a dream."

"Nah, kid", a voice said to him, "More like a nightmare."

Brian turned his head towards the source of the voice and saw a little man sitting in a cage on the floor next to his bed. He was bald, had a faint black beard and from what Brian saw he looked to be in good physical shape even if he also looked to be middle aged.

"Who're you?" Brian asked the little man.

"My name is Tom, what's yours?" he asked.

"Brian."

"Welcome to Death Row, Brian" Tom said with a smirk.

"Death Row?" Brian asked as confusion and worriment began rushing through his body again.

"Yup," Tom said with a nod, "what are you in for, Brian?"

Brian barely heard him as his eyes began looking every which way inside the jail cell. He could barely believe it, but he should have known this would happen. This is the punishment for the sort of illegal activity that he had willingly taken part in and was caught doing red handed.

Brian sighed, coming to terms with his guilt, before telling Tom exactly what had happened. Tom listened to Brian's story and, after he was done, just laughed.

"What's so funny?" Brian asked.

"Nothing, kid," Tom said, "I'm in for the same crime."

"How's that funny, though?" Brian asked again, this time a little agitated.

"Not often a Dom is dumb enough to try that" Tom said, "Easy for a sub to get away with it, ya'know?"

"If it's so easy, why are you in jail?" Brian asked.

Tom laughed again, shrugging his shoulders, "Wrong place, wrong time."

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Brian said with a laugh of his own. It felt weird to laugh during such a time, but Brian figured that if this was the end then he might as well enjoy it; although, something was bothering him...

"Wait," Brian said, "I thought there were separate jails for Doms and subs?"

"Not when it comes to Death Row", Tom explained, "What does it matter if a Dom steps on a sub in here, eh? He was going to die anyway, right?"

"I suppose so," Brian said awkwardly, "but, um, don't worry, I won't step on you or anything."

"Thanks," Tom said with a smirk, "Wish I could say the same about my wife... or should I say, my ex-wife."

"What's that?" Brian asked, confused.

"The reason I'm in here," Tom said, "I cheated on my wife with one of her best friends. She caught us in the act. Needless to say, she wasn't very happy."

"By stepping on you?" Brian asked, once more confused, "how did you--"

"Survive?" Tom said with a laugh, "well, let me explain it to you, kid..."