- Text Size +

Chapter 3 - The offer

The work was definitely different than his previous position. Now it's mostly just checking and reviewing files that were already done. The amount of documents he had to check on his first day was more than he'd anticipated though. Kevin had been working for most of the day until he got a call from his boss, asking him to go to her office immediately.

He noticed the door was unlocked, so he gave it a light knock and entered quietly. Maria was sitting at her seat looking attentively at her computer on the other side of the room. Her work desk had no front cover, leaving her shapely legs and the platform heels she's wearing openly exposed for Kevin to admire. He also noticed that her knee barely fits under the table, leaving him wondering whether he should propose a taller desk to fit her better. He wanted to let her know that he's in the room, but at the same time he's afraid he's gonna interrupt her doing something important. Kevin waited for her to finish what she's working at. After a few minutes, she finally noticed the man that has been standing near her office door waiting for her to call him.

"Ah.. Mr Smith. Come on in." said the voice from end of the room.

Kevin was nervous. Usually in a work-related briefing Maria would've asked him to grab a chair and sit across her, but this time she immediately stood up as he approached her desk. He feels intimidated yet somehow turned on that his boss is looking at him almost eye to eye. Being a voluptuous 6 footer made Maria easily the tallest woman in the office. With the added heels that she's wearing, even the thick oxford shoe he's wearing fails to provide any advantage.

"So, how are you adjusting to your new office, Mr Smith?" asked Maria.

"It's great ma'am. The room is definitely bigger and more comfortable than my last one." Kevin answered politely.

"Good. Then I'll get straight to the point. The reason I called you in here is that there is an upcoming mixed doubles tennis tournament, and I want you to be my partner. Since you're tall and athletic I figured you must be good at sports, am I wrong?" Just by the way she was saying it, Kevin felt like he had no choice but to affirm.

"No ma'am, I actually played tennis competitively in high school and won the championship 2 years straight. But to be honest, I might be a bit rusty since I haven't played in a while." replied Kevin a little bit nervous.

Maria smiled. Her expression suddenly softened. Kevin definitely felt some tension as they were standing really close to each other. But not for Maria. As soon as he snapped out of his imagination, it became clear to him that Maria was only being courteous. There is no sexual intention coming from her eyes. It was just all in is mind. He had to control his fantasy. Maria then gently taps his shoulder.

"That won't be a problem. Starting from tomorrow, you have to spare the afternoon for our training at least twice a week. You could delegate most your work to an intern except the confidential ones. I've prepared everything you need, all you need to do is show up. With our combined physique and experience, I believe we would make a great team. Are you in?" Maria's words sounded more like a command instead of an offer. Knowing how his boss is, Kevin had no choice but to say yes. He thought to himself that this could also be good for him since he hasn't done any exercise in a while anyway.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading! The renders are now published! Check them out on https://www.deviantart.com/harafung/gallery/71331926/babysitter