- Text Size +

Chapter 25 - tallest in the office

“I'm guessing this is the receptionist desk?” Naomi's voice brought Kevin out of his trance once again.

“Yes you are correct.” Kevin answered. “Usually you would find Ruby here. She's our receptionist, and a friend of mine. She probably had some errands to do, that's why the desk is empty.” he added, as he continues giving a visual tour of the rooms they have around the desk. He tried his best to sound professional, like he already knows the place inside and out, when in fact he himself had only been working in that floor for less than a week. The click clack sound of a pair of high heels could be heard as another girl was approaching both of them.

“I'm guessing that is Ruby..” Naomi said pointing to the person walking towards them.

“Ah yes.. Ruby, this is Naomi. She's our new intern. Naomi, Ruby.” Kevin said, introducing both girls to each other. It was a rare sight to behold. The petite Ruby, standing just under five feet standing face to face with a girl almost two feet taller. The top of her head barely cleared Naomi's waistline. Kevin observed quietly, as both girls who by the looks of them might as well come from different species shaking each other's hands. Ruby then shot a look towards Kevin. Judging by her facial expression he immediately knows what she's thinking.

 

“Nice to meet you Miss Collins. I'm here for the internship interview..” Naomi said, looking down at the petite woman in front of her.

Ruby still couldn't believe what she saw. Standing before her is a girl that's years younger than her, yet could probably pass as her mother. Her sheer size made Ruby questioned herself. Has she been taking the wrong milk? Is she not drinking enough? She judged that Naomi was at least five sizes bigger than her in all dimensions. The tight gray pencil skirt she's wearing that only came down to her mid-thigh would probably cover all the way to the top of Ruby's knees. Her plain but matching in color pumps had to be at least size ten or more, making Ruby's generously size 5 strappy stilettos look like it belonged to a kid entering puberty.

She asked Naomi politely to allow her to examine her enormous palm even though they have already shook each other’s' hand just moments before, to which Naomi generously complied.

“Gosh.. I mean.. Look at this.. My hand is like a baby's hand compared to hers.” Ruby told Kevin, her expression clearly suggesting that she's still in shock. Her mind was blown. The comparison was too comical. Naomi's palm completely engulfs Ruby's tiny hand inside her grip. She'd also initially thought that Kevin was the tallest person she's ever gonna meet, but standing as straight as she can even with her heels on she only came up under Naomi's boobs..

“Well Ruby, aren't you supposed to escort Naomi to Mrs. Lopez's office for her interview?” Kevin said reminding her of her job, knowing that Maria's probably waiting for Naomi in her office.

“Crap. Right. One second.” finally snapping back to professional mode, Ruby quickly jumped back behind her counter and rang the phone on her desk. “Mrs Lopez, your 10 o'clock is here..” she said through the call, to which Maria seemed to be affirming. “Ok, so all you need is go straight to the end of the hall, and to your left you should be looking directly at her office door. She's waiting for you. Or would you like me to take you there?”

“That will not be necessary. I can find my own way. Thank's a lot Miss..?” Naomi asked. “Collins. But please hey, just call me Ruby.. I'm not anyone's boss around here..” Ruby said being her usual friendly self.

“Okay Ruby.. And hopefully I will see you around sir! Any tips for me?” Naomi turned her question towards Kevin.

“Me too Naomi. You'd be a great addition to us. As for the tips, well, just be confident and be yourself. You're gonna do great!” Kevin said as she went to her interview.

“"Whoa.. Can you believe that? She was so enormous she made even you look tiny. And you're the tallest person that I know.” said Ruby clearly still astonished in what she just experienced.

“I guess I won't be anymore.” Kevin replied. He imagined that If he stopped shrinking now, Naomi's height would take people's attention from him. His slightly shorter self might go around unnoticed. But yet he got a strong feeling that his shrinking is still a long way from finished.. He might even have to get used looking up at Ruby very soon..

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Due to a few reasons, i've decided to end the text only version here (for now),

however fear not, you can still read the full (ongoing) story, with great renders on here: https://www.deviantart.com/harafung/gallery/71331926/babysitter

Thanks for your support!