- Text Size +

 

Chapter 22 - short people club

"By babe.. Have fun at work!" Emily waved at her husband as she dropped her husband at his office building. At the same time, Ruby was approaching her from the back wanting to say hi. She has no idea that the Emily she's about to meet is now slightly different than the Emily she used to know. Ruby sneaked up trying to startle her from the behind. What she didn't anticipate was that she is the one that is about to be surprised.

Emily turned back at the same time as Ruby was about to say boo. She had to retract one of her hand that she had extended forward to surprise Emily. Ruby was taken aback by how tall Emily looks from her perspective. She scanned Emily from head to toe only to find out that they are wearing similar sized heels. Ruby was flustered.

"Wait.. This can't be real! How come you are so much taller than me, Emily?" Ruby asked, finding it hard to believe that she'd lost her petite friend. Emily was also surprised to find that she was able to look down at Ruby, who she had been eye-to-eye with.

"It's a long story. The gist is, I had a little growth spurt. I'm five foot three now." Emily couldn't help but smile looking down at her former same-size friend now that it's no longer the case. Emily once again felt powerful and loved that feeling. She could see that Ruby was feeling a little bit jealous.

"But how? It's so unfair. I'm always surrounded by tall people my whole life. I thought you would be the exception to that but now it seems like I'm gonna be the only midget in the world of tall people again.." said Ruby, disappointed that her only friend that she can talk eye to eye with is outgrowing her.

"Don't worry.. I have a feeling that you you're gonna have another member in your short people club very soon.." Emily said smiling.

"What do you mean?" Ruby asked confused by her cryptic reply.

"You'll see." Emily replied, ending their chit chat as she waved her goodbye and drove to her work.

==========================

Kevin walked into the elevator feeling confident wearing his new work clothes that he bought. They're a few sizes smaller than his old ones but at least they fit him perfectly. He took a deep breath trying to clear his head of any distractions. He had to be productive today as the work keeps piling up on his desk.

He was watching the steel doors slowly moved towards one another when out of nowhere, a rather large feminine hand slid through the gap between the doors and stopped it from closing properly. Kevin was guessing in his mind as to who that could be. Judging by the size of the palm he figured it has to be his boss, as she's the only tall woman in the office. But as the door opened, it quickly became clear that it wasn't Maria. In fact, it wasn't anyone he recognized at all..

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

new character in the next chapter ;)