- Text Size +

Chapter 19 - warm embrace

To Kevin's surprise, Mia responded by throwing her body onto him. Her hands wrapped tightly around his body, he could actually feel the strength of her gentle embrace. Her head buried comfortably on his shoulder after she bent down a bit, something that he knew wouldn't be possible a few days ago since her head would only reach his chest before his dwindlement started.

"Oh my God.. Are you okay?" Mia asked, her eyes filled with worry. "Have you been to the doctor? If anything happens you can come to me anytime okay, Mr Smith?"

Kevin didn't expect her to take the news so calmly, and even offering her full support for a rare condition that her employer is having.

"Thanks a lot Mia. The doctor said I'm gonna be okay... I'm glad you have my back. Soon I might need your help to get stuff from the top shelf." Kevin replied trying to lighten up the mood.

"Of course Mr Smith! I actually don't mind if I have to take care of both you and Yuki...” Mia's words sent Kevin's mind wondering if he'll eventually shrink down to his daughter's size, or even smaller.

"Yeah... Yuki might get her wish of having a little brother after all...” said Kevin continuing Mia's train of thought.

"Oh my, that's gonna be so cute!" Mia replied giggling, but Kevin noticed her voice was shaking a bit.

"Are you okay Mia?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah I'm okay Mr Smith see you later...” Mia answered in a hurry to end the conversation as she rushed inside her apartment.

=======================================

 

"Mia? What's wrong?" Daisy immediately took her attention away from her phone hearing her roommate came in, with her eyes watering.

"It’s okay... I'm just...” Mia sobbed, couldn't finish her words.

"Oh honey.. Come here.. It's alright.." Daisy gestured her best friend to come closer to her. Mia walked beside Daisy's bed with her hand on her face trying to cover her ruined makeup.

"Hey.. It's okay.. Just tell me what happened.." Daisy said putting her hand on Mia's shoulder to comfort her. Daisy got up on her knees at the bed so she could be level with her roommate.

"It's Mr Smith.." Mia couldn't contain her emotions anymore as she burst into tears.

Daisy immediately stood up to support her best friend. Mia immediately buried her head into Daisy's shoulder, only she could feel that she didn't have to bend down like she did with Kevin.

"What did he fire you or something? How dare him.." Daisy sounded upset all of a sudden thinking that her roommate had lost her job.

"Noo it's nothing like that.. He's.. sick.." Mia was quick to clarify..

"What did he have cancer or something?" Daisy asked curiously.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you.." Mia replied.

==================================

"Something wrong honey?" Kevin said as he caught his wife staring at him smiling on their bed.

"Nothing babe.. It's just I felt like i'm still dreaming now that I am suddenly taller and you got shorter.." Emily replied.

"Honestly it felt kinda good actually.. Having a husband that isn't so out of reach.. literally.." she added.

"Huh.." Kevin muttered.

"It's true.. Our sex has been amazing lately.. Now that I am a bit stronger than before, I feel somehow less intimidated by you. It's kind of a great feeling you know.." Emily's words only added Kevin's worry that soon there's gonna be a new alpha in their relationship..

Chapter End Notes:

sorry for the hiatus.. 2020 has been a crazy year :D

meanwhile, enjoy a 3 chapter update ;)