- Text Size +

Masako was honestly surprised she had been allowed to keep her weapons when she had been let inside. Obviously it was with an armed escort of two smaller giants. She had her hands behind her head as she walked through the massive halls of the mountain stronghold, looking around at the furniture that had been made to giant scale. It was actually pretty impressive. Back home there was nothing like this. If you were this big you weren’t getting a roof over your head unless you found a cave.

 

The massive doors to the audience chamber opened up and Masako looked down around her neck as she walked. The princess dangling there had fallen silent, both from losing her voice but also very clear and palpable fear. She was completely pale, as though she couldn’t believe what was happening. Poor thing had probably expected Masako to just drop everything to help, or at least decide that fighting another giant was a good idea. Yeah she was gonna hard pass on something like that.

 

At the other end of the hall, seated upon a pretty uncomfortable looking throne, was a sight that stole Masako’s breath. She was an otherworldly beauty dressed in fine silken robes, a silver hair falling about her head, soft and flawless pale skin, painted nails. She looked like some celestial being straight out of an old legend. More than that, Rei hadn’t been talking out her ass. She was absolutely Masako’s size. The blue haired Ronin had never met another as big as she was. She licked her lips and realized she’d stopped walking from being star struck.

 

As she finished walking the rest of the way she stopped a few spear lengths from General Fa. “You must be General Fa. Pleased to meet you. I’ll tell you, Princess Rei said you were a terrible titan of fear and horror but you look radiant.” Masako said with a rakish grin.

 

The General actually blinked from the compliment before smirking. “I was told you looked like an unwashed savage that hadn’t bathed in several weeks. Not as bad as all that though. Clearly an exaggeration.” She mused as her eyes trailed over Masako’s necklace. “A nice piece of jewelry. Very pretty.”

 

“Awww, you think so? Thanks, she’s nice and quiet now. Spent the first day screaming up a storm. Wouldn’t eat but hey, eventually got too hungry not to.” Masako lifted up one part of the necklace, earning a pained squeak from Rei.

 

The General chuckled. It was a rather sultry sound to Masako’s ears. The blue haired Ronin reminded herself however, that first business came and then they could exchange pleasantries. Hopefully. Maybe. The Ronin had honestly been expecting some really ugly hag since her title was Witch General. Actually that would have been way easier to deal with. Instead she got possibly the most beautiful woman she’d seen.

 

“I’m surprised. I was just preparing some assassins to go after you to kill you. Word had reached me that you had attacked some of my men in defense of Princess Rei. So to hear you had come here with her around your neck… well, it seemed a bit too good to be true.” Fa said as she leaned back in her throne.

 

“Ah, that was a misunderstanding. She jumped and told them I was serving her. I found her having nearly drowned in the river. Honestly, I was gonna eat her until she suddenly woke up.” Masako rubbed at the back of her head and had a rueful smile. “I don’t want any trouble with you guys. So, there are reward for bringing her to you or…”

 

One of the smaller giants frowned. “Mind you tongue, outlander, you should be grateful our General didn’t decide to kill you for-!”

 

Fa raised her hand, silencing the outrage on her behalf. “Fortunate for both of us you didn’t eat her. Though I’m certain she’d feel divine sliding down.” She looked directly at Rei when she said that, deliberately dragging her pink tongue over her black painted lips. The woman started struggling to escape the ropes frantically.

 

The General crossed her right leg over her left and looked at Masako long with appraising golden eyes. “What would you want in exchange for your necklace? I am open to negotiation.”

 

“Well. Seeing as how she’s the last piece of the puzzle for your boss to be named Emperor… enough gold to fill this sack.” She dropped a rather large and empty leather sack on the floor. “As well as forgiveness for any of those misunderstandings.”

 

Fa’s lips quirked upward. “Pretty straightforward. Also, well informed. I suspect Rei might have divulged her value a bit too well. Royal brats aren’t particularly bright for the most part.”

 

Moment of truth and Masako knew it. There were two things that could happen. Fa could decide she’d rather not pay up and take Rei by force or she could just compensate Masako and be done with it. Honestly, Masako wasn’t sure which she’d pick. The General’s golden eyes seemed to be mulling over that same question. Fighting when in the belly of the beast wasn’t ideal but Masako was confident she could make a clean escape at least. No way this woman was as strong as she was. As big, sure, but Masako’s strength was singular.

 

“Deal.”

 

With that one word, all the tension in the air evaporated and Masako felt her shoulders relax. She also noticed a few hands being removed from their weapons. Of course the one who was not happy and managed to start screaming bloody murder with her hoarse voice, was Rei. She was writhing and trying to escape her necklace prison with all her strength. She started to glow and Masako blinked when she actually managed to tear the rope binding her. She fell a good distance to the ground and immediately turned to run.

 

“No! I am not getting traded like some good in the market- ah!” She screamed as Masako calmly lowered a tabi clad foot upon her.

 

The black fabric enveloped the woman and pressed her against the smooth floor, keeping her pinned. Her Imperial Grace was nothing to Masako’s passive strength. She pounded and squirmed and tried to claw her way from under Masako’s foot. It was no use however. She was as trapped. Masako rolled her eyes and shifted her foot, gripping her between the gap built into the tabi at between her big and second toes. Where a sandal strap would normally occupy, Rei now found herself firmly wedged.

 

A peal of laughed sounded out through the audience chamber and General Fa was leaning over her throne, seized by fits of laughter. Masako had a really stupid idea in her head but seemed like a decent one if she found that amusing. The Ronin started walking forward, Rei screaming as she was brought along for the ride as Masako’s fabric clad feet left her sandals behind and instead she walked right in front of Fa. The Ronin lifted one leg up and presented the General with the foot currently restraining Rei.

 

“All yours.” She said with a grin.

 

Fa’s laughter redoubled and she slumped back against her throne in a very undignified manner at the absurdity of the routine. She started wiping tears of mirth from the corners of her eyes. “Ahhh…” She gasped. “I should charge you for trying to assassinate me, outlander.” She said as she managed to sober up with great effort. The general reached out and plucked the princess from between Masako’s toes and held her up before her face with a smirk.

 

Masako lowered her foot back to the ground and bowed in an exaggerated manner. “I live to please.”

 

“Ahhh… haha… Wew. You are quite funny. I haven’t laughed like that in a long time. You’ve my thanks. I feel years younger.” She said as she focused on Rei.

 

A black aura formed around one of her fingers and she touched the nail of that finger to Rei’s forehead, a golden light leaving the princess and entering Fa as it departed her. “N-no! Give that back! You can’t have it!” Rei protested.

 

“I believe I can, Princess. I just bought you after all. For a considerable amount no less.” Fa remarked dryly.

 

Masako walked back over to collect her sandals and slipped them back on. More than a few people in the audience chamber were looking at her in shock. Guess the woman really didn’t laugh like that much. Pity. She had a really nice laugh. The blue haired Ronin watched her pull off one of her boots and she had done something similar enough times to know what was coming. Evidently didn’t matter where one came from, some things were just hardwired in for giants. The thought was quite amusing.

 

Without another word, General Fa dropped Princess Rei into the opening of the boot. The screams grew muffled and then were gone completely when the two hundred meter tall silver haired beauty slid her foot back inside. She tapped her foot a few times upon the floor before letting out a pleased sigh. Masako had to admit she had perhaps stared at the whole scene a little longer than was considered decent.

 

“Well. I am very pleased I didn’t have to send out people to deal with you. You’ll have your reward. However I insist you join me for dinner. I’m of the mind to celebrate the end of my wild goose chase for these annoying brats.” She paused. “Ah. Pardon my rudeness. I didn’t ask you your name.”

 

“Name’s Masako. I’d appreciate that. Travel rations get so bland after a while.” Masako said with an easy laugh. The blue haired Ronin had been planning on leaving as soon as she got her money, but well. It couldn’t hurt to stick around. Would be rude not to accept that invite. Never turn down a free meal.