- Text Size +

Rubbing her tummy gently, Floretta thought for a second before continuing to type. "The production and transport of populated planet snacks releases pollution into our own atmosphere. Methods used to harvest then still aren't efficient, or sustainable." The writer's tense shoulders relaxed into her leathery seat. This was turning out a lot better than she thought; when she read her words, they looked authoritative and straightforward.

But that last snack had made her throat dry. Smacking her fingers together, the bespectacled girl fished around the bag of assorted snacks - knocking aside dusty meteors and comets - before plucking out a water planet. The seas from its surface felt cool in her hand, its wetness keeping it stuck to her index. Finding water-covered treats that fit her meat-free diet was one of Floretta's small joys. Applying pressure to its eastern and western hemispheres, she squeezed the tiny ball like a grape - playfully squirting its liquid reserves into her awaiting mouth.

This supposedly "vegetarian" planet, Holvu, also had an imperceptible population. Amphibian humanoids with blue skin hid safely in clear underwater domes, dotting the depths. Their structures' durability even protected then from the massive waves generated by Floretta's immense, inescapable grasp.

Thus, ten billion finned people received an unobstructed view of her sun-sized eyes; the canyon-sized ridges lining her lips; and the shining, white teeth as she opened her mouth, squeezing them in. The pressure sent geysers everywhere, and sucked them into whirlpools, leading right between her jaws.

Instantly, the world's councils sent their navies out for a preemptive strike. The hero of three wars, General Aluon, led an assault - her forces braving the turbulent waters to reach their foe. "Onwards! Kill the monster!" With a shout, a thousand missiles with their greatest weaponry launched from their carriers. Many didn't pass the stratosphere; more still exploded into a trench of her fingerprint, or into the pores of her face. A thousand explosions covered the brown, smooth surface. Those who weren't warriors cheered them on. For the first time in Holvu's history, all hearts beat as one - all their petty battles meant nought, once they united against a common threat.

And, as dust from their weapons cleared, it became clear: it was the last time they'd fight together. Floretta's looming, greedy maw remained undeterred; the monster hadn't even noticed their all-out attack. As her cruel fingers mercilessly squeezed the corners of the globe, its very life essence flew out with it. Tiny droplets of water that flew from the snack each contained a shining aquatic city, or a four battalions of Aluon's Army, rocketing at high speeds towards her tongue.

Even in the jaws of terror, they didn't falter. Their machinery fired at the wobbling, slimy muscle - and the aquatic people drove spears and knives into her all-consuming taste buds. They no longer expected to take her down - they simply sought a way out of the terrifying, murky cavern. They kept attacking as the Royal Capital of Hunde teetered into her throat; as the financial hotspots of Lufu and Aigeh slid off the moist, quivering pink slopes; as all they ever knew floated away on cleansing waves of saliva, into the mighty writer's innards. They were soon buried in the half-melted mush of her healthy, green breakfast.

The pressure launched General Aluon herself out in a stray droplet of her homeworld. She surveyed the warm, squishy landscape around, before realizing where they'd landed. Her ship - her fleet - and the water droplet surrounding it - they were all clinging into one of the fleshy folds of this monster's lip! The moisture from Floretta's landscape of skin seeped into the displaced ocean, keeping it glued nearby. The general had a front-row view to the last of her planet being slurped down. The beautiful waters that she grew up in were gone; all that remained was a dried husk, with the bespectacled woman soon plopped into her world-trending mouth and chomped into. Her warm breath drifted over them like a specter.

The general flew into a rage. She abandoned her ship, tossing concerned assistants aside. With only a spear, the warrior swam right into the tiniest corner of flesh, and wailed away at it. "Murderer! You'll regret swallowing our blue planet! For everyone here, I'll make you pay!" The military leader's voice continued to echo defiantly, even as a monstrous tendril of pink muscle reached out - traversing the mountainous canyons with a sickening squelch, and abducting her body into its inescapable hold...