- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just a short chapter. Sorry. Been quite busy, but I think I have most of this story figured out. Thanks for reading :)

 

 

When Janine opens her eyes again she is most surprised to be alive. the last memory she has is from Maggie’s cavernous mouth opening up with a most horrendous roar and then… a ton of vomit raining down in an endless torrent that sweeps everything on its path. Now, the carpet forest had disappeared; the floor was a hard brown one with rifts and cracks everywhere, and just few steps ahead from herself, she spotted Jake lifeless body.

 

- Jake! Jake!! Can you hear me?!

 

No response. Nothing. The step-brother’s body lay full of bruises and his breathing is slow. Janine conceives the worst, getting so worked up in the process that she fails to register the monolithic fingers coming for her; they form a claw to pinch her off the ground and although Janine fiercely struggles against her captor fat thumb and index fingers, it’s less than useless. Soon she is staring at a humongous blue eye.

Maggie herself can’t believe what she is seeing through the magnifying glass.

 

- My God, it’s really her!

 

- Told ya – is all Kate says in return. She is far more concerned with Jake than Janine.

 

- And how did you found they? They are smaller than ants!

 

Let me intervene hear. Kate was not the most brilliant student, but she had plenty of curiosity to compensate for it and, thanks to such a trait, she decided inspecting the tiny flea on her possession. For the bruised Jake, seeing Kate pick up a magnifying glass was the best turn of events. The young boy evoked whatever energy he had left when Kate’s hazzle eye filled the horizon to wave and call for help. For one moment, he feared losing conscious. Oh if only that was the case…

 

- AAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

The air trembles before Jake ears can register Kate deafening scream. Kate, still in shock, try taking another look, but Maggie voice brings her back to reality.

 

- Kate, is that you? What happened?? Did you found him??!

 

Found? Yes! She had found him! She had to tell Maggie about this! The girl clutches her fingers together and runs out of the bedroom while having tiny Jake safely trapped inside her stuffy fist. But when Kate finally meet with Maggie, the late is on all fours throwing up all over the floor.

 

- What the fuck Maggie! Don’t expect me to help clean this mess.

 

- Ah… A little help… please? – Maggie asks, angrily gritting her teeths at her younger sister coldness. Kate scoffs but ultimately decides to help.

 

None of the giantess is aware of Janine’s body floating on the green-ish gastric pool. From their point of view, Janine is just another dot on a pool of digested food.  But Jake had this strange uneasiness, this intuition that, much like him a few minutes before, Janine was in the worst situation ever.

He starts rubbing against the callous joints of the hand, in hopes of calling attention to himself. It works. Fearing hurting Jake, Kate loosens her grip and opens the hand. Seizing this chance, the tiny runs towards the edge of the palm. From there he can locate Janine and tries to get Kate’s attention.

 

- WHAT IS IT?  - Kate booms to him. Despite his best efforts, Kate is more worried with helping Maggie right now and doesn’t understand his desperation. For all he knew, Janine could already be dead… without choice, Jake takes a deep breath and jumps off Kate’s palm.

 

The free fall is cushioned by Maggie’s puke. The gastric liquid feels uncomfortable, the smell is terrible, but Jake refuses to stop, fast swimming to were Janine’s body is. He manages to get to her but is far too tired and hurt. The rescue mission isn’t a total failure, because a most frantic Kate sunk her index finger into the vomit pool and pulled both out.

That is the summary of what Kate had told Maggie with extras from the storyteller. What will happen now that both sisters are aware of their siblings shrinking?

 

Chapter End Notes:

Will try uploading another chapter tomorrow or wednesday. Feel free to leave a review. Suggestions are always welcome.