- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Last Chapter, I gotta say it's been a pleasure writing this stories and reading everyone's reviews. I wrote another story before this one that I deleted, but this one I feel definitely has the magic of "Just Like In The Movies".
Thursday, October 14th 1993


I wake up, feeling the light outside shine through the window above me on the pillow I'm sleeping on. I get up, I notice I'm about 7 inches tall, which is really shock to me. I get up, I see one of Kate's hairs on her pillow, a long streak of light brown on her pillow. I walk up and sniff it a little, noticing it smells like well, hair. I jump down from the bed and walk into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes a little when I do so. I go into the Bathroom, noticing the air in there is moist from her shower, Kate's old panties laying out on the floor, she seems to either forgotten about them or either she just didn't care enough to get them off the floor. I ignore them and climb up the cabinets to get onto the bathroom sink and wash up a little. I notice the bathroom counter seems a little bit dirty, dried up toothpaste and smears. I start to wonder if Kate has always been this dirty or I've never really noticed. But anyways, I turn on the hot and cold taps and make the water lukewarm. I take off my clothes and cut a small thing of soap with my hands.

I wash up for about 10 minutes or so before turning the water off and drying off with the blow dryer Kate left out not too far from me, it kinda stings but whatever, at least I'm dry. I walk over and flick the power off with my food and put my clothes on, a little bit wet but not soaking wet. I climb down from the counter and walk out of the door. I go into the kitchen, but I get a second thought and I realize I'm not hungry. I just go into the living room and begin my day doing the same thing I've been doing the past couple of years since living with Kate in her Apartment, watch TV.

I climb onto the couch and turn on the TV, watch the same shit I've been watching and then take a nap. I wake up around 10, I get up and decide to go to the window just to go look at something. I stare out of it for a bit, seeing the cars pass by on the road in the distance, most of them seemingly being cars in the range of brand new to 20 years old, different types of people in each car. I lean over a little bit not noticing the small crack I could slip into to, I fall.


"OH FUCK NOT AGAIN" I scream, falling through the air, noticing that I'm going to fall into the parking lot, I try gliding myself onto the road, hoping I land on a car instead of on asphalt, the rushing wind causing tears to come out.

Luckily I land onto the back of a blue 1991 Ford F150 Supercab, I land with a loud dink into the back of the flatbed of the truck. I get up, feeling a very painful stinging sensation from falling about 5 stories, but still alive and with no lasting injuries. It's one of the few perks about this condition I have I guess, but it does hurt more than usual though. I notice that driver didn't even seem to notice my crash landing, I look through the cab window and hear that he's too busy singing along to "Ring Of Fire" by Johnny Cash. The driver of this truck seems to be in his early 60s, he's in a John Deere cap and a green flannel button down shirt, I'm assuming he's retired. I Lay down on the flatbed for a bit, to make sure no one sees me. The truck keeps going for a bit down the road, it gets to the Circle K and the Truck pulls in. When it stops at the Gas pump I quickly jump out of the truck before he sees me, running as fast as I can before anyone can see me. I get to the alleyway of the building, seeing the payphone and getting reminded of when I first met Kate.

I quickly run down the side of the alleyway, and then behind the convenience store, noticing a employee in his probably mid 30s with his eyes red with a cigarette in his mouth, he watches me run past.

"I really need to start getting sleep, these fucking all night shifts are really fucking up my mind" he says, his voice sounding kinda scratchy.

I run behind the Krispy Kreme, the smell of freshly fried donuts start to make me hungry, for the hell of it. I notice that the back door is open and I slide through it, the smell becoming sweeter now. I notice the employees don't seem to notice me, more focused on their cooking than anything else. I walk around the counter, I notice there's about only a couple of people in here. A guy in a suit and tie, reading the local newspaper and eating a glazed donut out of his small box every couple of minutes, a women seemingly in her early twenties in a black dress seemingly for work, her hair is jet black and it's in a bun, her shoes are red high heels. But last and not least, seemingly a guy in a t-shirt that says "I'm With Stupid" and a pair of cut off shorts.

I slowly get up out of everyone's sights and lean towards the bathroom. I see that the first person in line, the girl in the black dress grabs the bag of 5 donut boxes and heads out the door, out of curiosity I follow her. Luckily everyone was so focused on getting their order that they didn't seem to notice me.

I slowly creep behind her, I see her walk towards her car only a couple of parking spots away from the entrance, her car seems to be a 1992 Mercedes 300e, something she must of bought with her Father's money, or maybe something she bought on her own, judging on how she's dressed. I see her open the passenger's door and set the box of donuts on the seat, I quickly slide in, going through the little slot near the front passenger's seat and the back seat, I land onto the floor. She doesn't seem to notice. She closes door and walks over to her side, she gets in, I hear her whip out her keys and put them in the ignition, and twisting them, turning the car on. She gets into the car and closes the door, mumbling something about being hungry.

I feel the car back out of it's parking space and head onto the road. The Woman turns on the radio, the song "Black or White" by Michael Jackson comes on. She keeps driving, I hear her stomach grumble a little.

"Oh C'mon Miranda" she says, I hear her voice for the first time ever. She sounds a little bit like a older Kelly Bundy from Married With Children.

"Miranda, so that's her name" I say to myself.

"What was that?" She says, sounding a little bit startled.

I don't respond, I hear Miranda pull the car over and get out, the song still playing on the radio. Miranda gets opens the left passenger's door, I don't say a word.

I see her look down under the seat, her huge brown eyes looking like cannonballs to me. I close my eyes and hope I blend in with the darkness. I feel a hand grab me and pull me out, I slowly open my eyes, making myself look like a doll, her hands feel soft and smell like rose lotion.

"Where'd this come from" she says, her eyes looking at me, studying me. Her irises look huge and like a brown ocean to me.

"Eh, probably one of the boss's kids left this behind when I had to pick them up from school" she says, she tosses me onto the backseat. Miranda stops bending down and closes the door, I notice she pulled over to the side of the road, noticing the sound of cars passing by.

Miranda gets back into the car and closes the door, pulling back onto the road. As she jolts off back into traffic, I purposely roll back onto the floor, she mumbles "You gotta be kidding me" but other than that she doesn't seem to care.

I hear her get onto the highway to head into the downtown district, noticing by the signs I see flash by on the highway. The song on the radio now is "I'll Do Anything For Love(But I Won't Do That) by Meatloaf, a song I remember hearing on MTV in Carly's apartment. Miranda gets off onto the exit and heads into the city.

I hear the noises of more cars rushing past us, the traffic seemingly heavier in downtown Tampa, I feel the Mercedes turn into a parking garage, the light in the car going dark almost immediately. I hear the car's hum as she drives, the sounds of other cars twisting and turning into parking spaces. The Radio also immediately turns off as soon as we go into the parking garage I noticed.

"Ah, Finally" Miranda says, she seemingly finds a parking spot. I hear her turn in and park. She takes the keys out of the ignition and gets out of the car and locks the door, she walks over to the front passenger's door and opens it, grabbing the bag with the box of donuts inside, she shuts the door. As soon as she shuts the car door, I roll out from under the seat and climb the arm rest and make a leap from there to the car door, I make it. I climb up the window and slide down the opening at the top.

I jump from the window to the floor, my feet kinda hurt from doing so but I ignore it. I run toward Miranda, I grab onto her foot, I climb up her blouse from the inside. I start from her right leg, seemingly there's a scar on it, her leg is pretty lean and about of average color for caucasians, I keep climbing, I get to her thigh, I see her panties are pink and seemingly what you might call granny panties, I keep climbing, I feel the rush of cold air, Miranda making it towards the door. I get up to the side of her stomach, feeling little gurgles and pops of hunger under my hands and legs, her stomach seemingly pretty slim, her navel is a bit of a outie. I feel her stomach slowly go in and out with her breathing. I hear talking around me, I feel her stop walking and wait for the elevator. Her stomach growling loud under me.

"I bet those donuts are gonna hit the spot huh" A guy says, he sounds like he's in his 40s.

"Yep haha, I do love Krispy Kreme" she says, sounding kinda embarrassed.

I hear the elevator open the sound of people getting and getting off. I climb up Miranda as she walks, I'm using her rib cage bones as a stepping stone for climbing, I feel her lungs slowly going in and out under my feet, the air rushing.

"Goddamn do those donuts smell good" I hear someone say, seemingly a older black man judging by the voice.

"Yeah, I can't wait to get into them" Miranda says.

I climb up to about her chest, I see she's wearing a black bra too, her cup size seemingly average. You can tell her a little bit that her areolas are a bit dark red if you get a good enough angle, but that's about it. I climb up to her collarbone and peek my head a little bit, the wooden panels of the elevator really sticking out to me. Miranda seems to be the only girl in this elevator, the other three seeming to be men in their 40s and 50s in suits. The elevator stops and lets them all off, I quickly poke my head back in, I feel Miranda's hand scratch where I just was, she mumbles something that she feels like something was on her.

I see her walk through the office, being greeted by various people on her way to the breakroom. She places the bag of the boxes of donuts on the ground. She takes off the bag and and sets the boxes of donuts down around the sink and the microwave. She grabs a paper plate and grabs about 5 glazed donuts and a cup of drip coffee from the coffee machine, about 5 people walk up after her, I hear her stomach rumble out of anticipation of food. I feel her walk and then she gets to her cubical, she places the plate of donuts down on her desk and takes a sip of her coffee, I hear the coffee rush down her throat, sounding like a stream of water rushing down. She plays a little on her computer, playing a card game until her boss walks by and tells her to start on her work.

I as soon as he leaves, I see Miranda completely demolish the donuts, small crumbs land inside her shirt, I eat them as soon as they land, filling me up quickly. Her stomach growling out of the sound of digestion, I hear some churns too. Miranda finishes off the donuts in about a minute to my surprise. I hear her finish off her coffee and lick her lips. She starts on her work. I slowly wiggle out of her blouse, and jump off her shoulders and land onto the floor behind her.

"Okay, so how am I gonna leave here?" I say under my breath, trying to figure out a plan. I hear Miranda behind me burp, sounding somewhat loud but loud enough that she says excuse me afterwards. I hide to the side when I see a woman with a stack of papers in her hand comes by.

I think for about 30 seconds and I just dash, all the way to the elevator, and then I hear over the intercom "Everyone head to the meeting room right now" I hear a gruff voice say, I hear everyone stop what they're doing and walk, luckily in my opposite direction. I feel a wave of relief wash over me.

I look at the elevator, the sliver crease looking right back at me. I think about taking my chances for a second, but then I realize that if I land on top of of the elevator shaft and it starts coming up I'll be a goner, so I take that idea out of me head. I walk over and I see the stairs, I say fuck it and I slide under the door.

It takes me about 2 hours to get down from the 7th floor to the bottom floor, but it's worth it. I walk out, slide under the bottom floor which leads to outside. I slide under the door, which happens to lead to an alleyway.

"I've really been seeing a lot of alleyways lately" I say, noticing the trash cans, dumpsters, and everything else around me.

I walk towards the sidewalk, the hot Florida sun making it burn like a stove on my feet. I see a taxi and a couple of cars rush by. I stand near the alleyway and think for a second on how I'm going to get back home, but all of a sudden, I see a bird swoop down and grab me, and funny enough, it's the same bird that tried to get me a couple of days ago.

It tries to swallow me as it flies up into the air, but I resist, knowing I definitely don't wanna get swallowed again, especially by a bird. Eventually I fight with the bird about a couple of minutes, I notice that there's a airplane flying not too high above us, I can even see the airline brand it is "British Airways", I'm assuming it's another batch of English Tourists coming to Florida. I fight with the bird a little bit more, I look down and Notice that we're flying over the apartments, I bit the bird again it screeches, dropping me. I fly through the air as I fall, finding the fun in the situation. I notice the ground getting closer and closer, I land onto a laundry basket, filled with clothes.

A woman picks them up, and she mumbles something about Dale not fixing the washing machine. It clicks to me and I realize this is the woman who lives upstairs. I get buried in the pile, hiding in a "Budweiser" T-shirt, something I assume is Dale's. I feel Robin walk up the stairs, and when she gets to my floor, I climb through the clothes and pop out on the bottom holes, she doesn't see me.

I fall out onto the floor, but Robin doesn't seem to notice. I run to Kate's door and slide under it. I jump onto the couch and take a breather, for a second. I watch TV for about 10 minutes and then slowly fall asleep.


I wake up, I scream, noticing I'm not small anymore, and I'm naked, my clothes seemingly small on the floor. I stand up and look around, I run to bathroom and look in the mirror.

"Holy Shit..." I say, looking at myself. I realize I'm normal sized and my condition wore off, the mirror is a little bit taller than me.

"I'm fucking huge" I say, looking at myself in the mirror. I wonder how I'm gonna explain this to Kate, Brian, and her family.

I think for a second, I see the house phone and dial Kate's dentist office's number, I remember the number due to remember seeing it advertised on the building.

"This is Tampa Dental how may I help you?" Kate says through the phone.

"Kate, you won't believe me, but I'm normal sized now" I say, trying to stay calm.

"Please don't tell me you're trying to make a joke out of me, Anthony" she says.

"Just come over here, and bring Brian along if you can" I say, hanging up the phone.

I wait a little, grabbing one of Kate's towels to cover myself up, eventually I hear a knock on the door, I open it.

"HOLY SHIT" I hear Brian say, he seems surprised, I'm a little bit taller than him.

"Yeah, it apparently wore off" I say.

"It did" Kate says, sounding like she doesn't know how to feel about the whole situation.

"I mean, so what do we do now?" I say, sounding kinda dumbfounded.

"Well, first thing first, let's get you some clothes. I think I have a pair of shorts and a white T-shirt in the back of my car, I think they'll fit you" Brian says, he walks out the door to go get them.


"I mean, wow. I thought you'd be shrunk forever" Kate says, she goes and closes the door and sits down on the couch, turning off the TV.

"I did too, but for some reason it wore off" I say.

"So, what are you going to now?" I say to Kate.

"Well I mean, you're gonna have to get your GED, learn how to drive, get a job, learn how to function in society now" She says.

"I don't mind, I've always wanted to do those things but hey, I can actually do them now" I say.

It's silent between me and Kate until Brian gets back up with the clothes. He tells me to go into the bathroom and change, and I do. It's weird knowing you're now wearing clothes that looks so huge a day ago are now normal sized to you.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" I say again.

Kate and Brian look at each other, and then look back at me and smile.

I stayed over Brian's house afterwards and until I could get on my feet, I had my first full sized meal, of Pizza and Pepsi. After that he took me out to the mall to buy clothes and stuff, which was pretty nice of him. By the first week I started going to night school, I got my GED in June of 1994, Brian and Kate took me to DisneyWorld the day after to celebrate, it was all on Brian's Credit Card. Not too long after that I learned how to drive, which I pretty much got the hang of quickly. I passed my drivers test with my first try, and I even made a name for myself to when I got my driver's licence, Anthony Lee Smith. Brian took me to a used car dealership and bought me a red 1986 Pontiac Firebird. Kate's parents came down to Florida for a week to come see me too, saying that God healed me. And in January of 1995, I made enough money as a Pizza Hut Delivery Driver to move out and drive to Grand Rapids, Michigan, passing through states like Indiana & Kentucky and stopping at motels and fast food Places and stores along the way. It was truly liberating being truly on my own driving down the highways in my Firebird and listening to the local Pop and rock stations I'd come across while passing through small towns and major cites. For the first time in some years, I felt free. The trip took about a total of 2 and a half days with stopping to sleep at a motel or get something to eat or stopping off to get gas at a gas station.

Sadly, I never did find my parents. When I first got to the city I stayed at a motel for about a week and looked everywhere for my parents. Eventually money got low around March of 1995. I got a job at Denny's and made enough money to get rent a apartment, I lived with a friend at work's parents for about a year and two months who lived about a little bit less than a hour from Grand Rapids, in Muskegon, Michigan before I got the apartment, I'll admit I was a bit lazy to stay with them that long, but I did enjoy free meals and cable TV. 23 years later, now with a wife(I got married on March 12th, 2000, her name is Erica) and two boys and a girl (Francine, 18 years old and a freshman at Michigan State, Anthony Jr, 16, and Vincent, 13) still living in Grand Rapids and working as a general manager at the same Denny's, I still contact Kate and her family, her family still keeps her brother in the dark about how they know me. Her and Brian broke up on Dec 31st, 1997 at a New Years party in Miami, and the last time I talked to Brian after that was on Easter of 2001 when he happened to be in the area when he was passing through via rental car from his job new in Toronto to get to Chicago to visit a old aunt of his, after that I haven't heard from him since, I know he's not dead because I hear Kate telling me about how he's in India alot, trying to find himself. She also tells me how he never really dated again after they broke up, only one night stands and even then those were rare. Kate moved back to Dallas around the turn of the millennium due to the fact that the Dentist Office went out business and Brian moving to Toronto for a job offer a couple of months later, she eventually had a pair of twins (both girls) with a guy about the same age as her about 2 years later, they got married as soon as they found out Kate was pregnant. They're still together and a normal suburban life.

And till this day, even though I remember hearing about Jack Cooper and how he's famous now, I've never told anyone, not even my wife and kids.
Chapter End Notes:
Yeah so that's it haha, so what did you think of the story as a whole? I probably won't write anything until next year,so this is it for the year. Hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did writing it (: