- Text Size +

The blue-haired cosplayer gave the device a quick look-over again. She touched the frame of the giant, fake glasses slowly, testing to make sure they were real.

"Well," she shrugged, "that happened." She kicked the thick frame back through the portal, and watched it pop back out at normal size, expertly catching it in her left hand. With her right, she placed the device down. "I'd -love- to see exactly how much trouble this thing could cause, if you hadn't come so close to the con's opening."

Mark stayed silent, feeling her prancing shake the carpet while she faded into the distant cupboard. The room to her door was much too far away for him to reach. His hipster hostess, high in the sky, glanced over her shoulder to make sure he was still there.

"Don't look so nervous, I've got a costume for you already! It's classy, not too common, not something that'll look silly in a year... Yet, easy to identify!" She tossed a faded green tunic out - it landed over the boy's tiny body, hiding the world behind a fabric curtain. As quickly as she'd placed it on him, she tore it off and sent it through the portal on the wall. It popped out from the floor, shrunken. At that size, Mark could indeed recognize it: Link's tunic from Zelda.

"That's your costume." The colossal cosplayer gave the look of a game show host about to reveal an answer. "As for mine..." Her immense heel popped while she reached into the cupboard, pulling out a pink wig, a flashy gold bikini, and fake plants. She grinned down widely, spreading her arms a mile out, as if she were waiting for applause. "The Great Fairy! I WOULD say this could be very enjoyable for you, but that'd be making assumptions about your sexuality." For another moment, they were both totally silent again. Mark just staring up as the mountain of a young woman started slipping in, removing more of her clothes... "Well, put it on! We're tight for time!"

Mark looked at the tunic, shaking his head. "Are you crazy?" He gazed back at the woman, skin still nearly-flawless even when it looked enlarged multiple times.

She tisked. "Language." Seeing how the minuscule Mark wasn't moving, she took the dressup job into her own hands - as well as her victim. Her fingernail dove into his shirt, tearing a hole in it. The teen shuddered, but didn't dare to squirm. Soon, his clothes were in tatters, leaving his body exposed to the elements. The titan manipulating him smiled, wide enough to swallow him whole again - but it was hard to tell why. Did she like what she saw? Had she come up with some scheme? Was she just holding back laughter at his pathetic shrunken body? Whatever the case, it stayed as she slid the costume onto him. She grabbed the golden chain of a necklace from her drawer, and wrapped it around him.

He kept still, mostly out of fear. This costume couldn't possibly work. No matter how cute or manipulative this girl might be, she'd be wearing a struggling, shrunken man in plain sight. SOMEONE would notice and save him.

"By the way," she said, "you'd better behave at the con. It'd be a shame if this smart boy with such a promising future was found guilty of breaking-and-entering a lady's chambers with an illegally-modified and unpredictable gun." The close-up motion and sound of her winking eyelashes nearly made Mark hurl.

"There!" She laughed, putting the cap on. The golden chain fit snugly around his waist "You look perfect. Now, wait in this box until I'm ready!" She looked around the room momentarily, putting a finger to her mouth. "Box, box box box..." Her eyes closed in on the size device near the table. She nodded to it. "I'll have to bring that along... Oh, this works!" She dashed towards the cupboard, and pulled out a white boot, taller to Mark than most buildings downtown. She let her grip loosen, watching from afar as he plummeted in - making a soft landing in the heel area. Rubbing a newly-formed bruise, he gazed up, staring right into her blue eyes. The faint odor of female musk entered his nose.

He tried the best he could to calm down, and possibly appease her. "L-look... I screwed up with the size device. I can understand that. Sort of. But really - keeping me trapped in this empty, smelly - I mean, a barren room without any food or water? Isn't that a bit t-too far?"

The blogger's lower lip flopped down. She crossed her arms in disgust, glaring back down. Then her mouth trembled. Followed by her hands. Then her nose started wriggling. Finally, she put a hand to her mouth and gasped: "Ohmigod, why are you doing this to me? No, I - well, yeah, but - you're right! You're absolutely right!" She turned her head in shame. "I am figuratively Hitler right now! I can't ignore your basic human rights!"

Mark sighed happily, his head feeling lighter - he hoped it was from the sense of freedom, not from the humid air. His captor's shadow went away, illuminating the shoe's interior; but from the sounds of her continued fretting, she hadn't gone far. When she came back, she held the portal device, and fired it - but the opening landed just above Mark's reach. With that, she dashed away again, shaking the floor.

Confused, he gazed into it - and a bag of chips emerged from the other end, shrunken. The shrunken teen looked closer; a shrunken soda bottle hit him squarely in the jaw.

"There!" Her voice boomed from the other side. "I won't keep you in without food or drink! Oh, also..." She pushed the following items into the portal: a romance novel; volume 2 of an untranslated manga with pretty boys in uniforms; a poster reading "hang in there"; and a bottle of peach-scented air freshener. "Now you're all set."

"Great..."

...

Mark had trouble telling how long he stayed in for. For a while, he wondered if the convention was even starting that day - the blogger could have a slanted definition of "tight for time".

None of the entertainment the blue-haired girl brought into the boot was of much interest. And every time the little Hero of Time tried to relax and think of a way out, he could feel the walls shaking.

He realized: there was a balance tying him in place, along with the golden chains. She could only threaten him as long as she had his modified size ray. If he could retrieve his device, she had no evidence of his intrusion; he could teleport away. Even if he managed to slip out WITHOUT the gun, she couldn't ask someone to help her chase him - or else she'd be arrested, too, for kidnapping. But how to esxcape from inside her worn footwear, or tied to her body? He tried loosening the chains around him again and again - to no avail.

Finally, the shaking halted. Her smiling face loomed above - now heavily made-up and decorated with sparkles, but still overpoweringly cheerful and confident. If anything, the Great Fairy costume made her features more striking and intimidating. "Welcome to the con! They're just slowly catching onto portals in this town, so you'll look ESPECIALLY stunning here." She glimpsed back and forth before chuckling: "It also means the Weapons Check didn't think to look for shrunken guns!"

The glittery fairy tugged the tunic-clad hero out by the binding golden links, wobbling him back and forth a little. She turned it around in a circle, giving him a panoramic view of the convention center. They were in an immense hotel lobby, with many warm lights - like twelve suns in the distance - and rows of powerful doors shutting off even larger rooms. This area was fairly closed-off, but he could hear loud chatter of dozens of other titans just around the corner.

"It's a smaller venue, but what can I say?" She tucked the boot in a bag. "I like the personal feel these have. Less celebrity showoffs, more cool costumes!"

Her voice was low, but there were very few people there - only a couple of boys caught in an argument. Both had pretty snappy suits, one blond and one brunet. They spoke with animated voices and motions. Suddenly, the latter started shouting louder, and leaning forward in an aggressive motion...

"Hey!" The Great Fairy cosplayer noticed them and shouted, hurting her shrunken passenger's ears. "Leave him alone!"

The blond, shivering, said: "No, i-it's okay, we can handle..."

"Mind your own business, Gilda!" The brunet answered with a glare. Mark saw his captor's long, almost-bare arm reach behind her head, snatching his device and taking aim. "What are you-" A portal opened under his feet, cutting him off. A flash of surprise twinkled in his eyes, turning to fear as he fell in - and emerged from a portal on the wall, not much taller than Mark.

She approached the other boy, cooing calmly: "It's okay. You're safe now." He yelped like a cornered kitten and scurried away. His shrunken companion tried to follow, screaming, before she brought her boot down on him. Opening-first. She scooped him inside, trapping him in the same makeshift room Mark just exited.

She tucked it away in her bag once more. "Huh, the response time's faster than the rentals. That's some great tinkering you did!" She wiped it on her costume, looking down to the chained teen, before pulling it back up again. "Aren't you happy I'm putting it to good use? Stopping bullying, shifting paradigms, and looking pretty cute while doing it~"

Mark groaned. If she made a habit of firing the portal device off, she could get in trouble - and that'd mean she'd have nothing to lose by revealing his work.

"Alright!" The cosplayer interrupted his thoughts. "As promised, I'll let you choose how I wear you. Bracelet, necklace, or anklet - what would work best?"

Chapter End Notes:

This chapter originally ended with the following options:

1. Bracelet
2. Necklace (This is what we'll go with)
3. Anklet