- Text Size +

Unfortunately, he had to make sacrifices. This was for everyone's good; he needed that portal device as soon as possible. So he left the brown-haired boy to fall. If he got the invention quick enough, maybe that could save him...

Down further and further, the shrunken man fell. His figure shrunk below. Mark tried to swing up, closer to Kat's ear; but the repeated twirls made the hair slip between his fingers. He gripped on, flung by the dance, and tucked his cheek close. Only a bit higher, now...

But underneath him, there emerged a low rumble. Their target spoke: "What? What was that?"

The dizzying movement stopped.

The Great Fairy removed her mask.

She looked below, and reached into her garments.

Mark didn't have to worry about saving the brunet anymore. He'd landed into her smooth bottom, and alerted her to their presence - while there were still people climbing.

"Holy - what's your damage?" Kat pushed away from Thea, her soles stomping on the ground. The Char cosplayer stumbled back into another dancer. Everyone occupying her vines and leaves started clawing, punching, kicking - anything to stop the hipster. But there simply weren't enough of them. She wiped her arms, and their tiny bodies collapsed onto the dance floor. Her gigantic hand swept over the landscapes of her legs, as she kicked them out - sending more miniature attendees flying. One by one, she plucked the helpless creatures clinging to her bosom and back - and effortlessly flicked then away, with a cringe of disgust. "Can you even - what were you thinking? Trying to take advantage of me when I'm just relaxing? Who would do that?"

Thea just sputtered, scared, her shivering arms trying to lift up. Now, the rest of the crowd was watching - seeing the tiny people scurry at her boots.

The girl tossed more and more of the shrunken victims off her body. Soon, only Mark remained. He regained his lost altitude. The portal gun was right beside him. He reached out...

And Kat plucked it away.

"Of course it's Mark." She addressed him, but didn't even look his way. Before he could do anything, she grabbed her wig - and tore it off, tossing it to the floor. It was like someone had pulled his surroundings from underneath and sent him crashing down. He landed among the other shrunken people, head spinning, a thousand feet rotating around him. The young woman shouted, her voice's force rattling the glowing floor: "Of course, it's fucking Mark! You're the worst prop ever! Why did I ever bring you here? My done level has exceeded 170%! All I wanted was to make this a great day for everyone!"

Mark's body was numb and shaking. Her shadow stretched far above him. No plan B. He'd lost. Even though his reduced body weight made the fall non-lethal, and the wig have cushioning, he was immobilized by impact's shock. The cosplayer's overwhelming size chilled him. Those soft curves were like meteors ready to crash on him. He coughed: "All I wanted... was to go home..."

"Home?" Kat bit her lip, aiming his device - which crackled with energy. "I'll send you home!"

She fired upon the shrunken crowd. A portal opened, large enough to even suck on the frozen Thea. The lights and electric fizzles became a kaleidoscope. He saw sights of faraway places between screaming attendees. Still playing in the back, the speakers repeated the refrain, until Mark faded out of consciousness:

"It all returns to nothing
It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down..."


---

Mark's head weighed a thousand pounds. The light was harsh and searing. A fruity, artificial smell drifted through his nostrils as he pulled himself up, breathing in.

When he got his bearings again, he found himself in his bed. He sighed. "Just a dream..." But when he removed his covers, he found something terrifying:

He was wearing the green Link costume.

The ground shook. A bass murmur crawled through the ground. He rushed out of his door, trying to make sense of what was happening. In the living room, his mother and Jessica consoled a crying Emmy - while Nikki shook her head, staring out the window. Megan ran to him, hugging him tightly. "You're finally awake... Oh, I was so scared..."

"What's going on?" The number of people who'd gathered there took him aback. "Was I knocked out for long?"

"A few days. Only a few days." Nikki didn't look to him, simply pointing out the window. "You messed up."

The boy peaked outside... and instantly felt like dying.

His hometown was there, with every house exactly the same - save for a few large details.

Long stretches of flesh-coloured land rolled in the distance, like mountains. Further still, the skyline of a city that hadn't been there before - floating in the air. Other cities lay beyond it.

And instead of a sky behind them, impossible miles away, unhidden by any cloud or fog, was Kat's visage. Each fold of her smiling lips rivalled a canyon in scope; she could effortless swallow at least three of those settlements. Tree branches curved in and out, blown by the gusts of wind from her unreachable nose. And both of her eyes, blue as her hair, seemed to focus right on him, the blinks of her long eyelashes shaking the earth with a harsh THUD.

Behind her was a pastel wall of boys, cute animals, Union Jacks, and a motivational slogan.

Her eyes pointed to something below her. The earth rapidly rattled beneath them - Mark's friends and family members instinctually grabbed to furniture for support. He fell flat on his ass.

After a few seconds, his phone buzzed. He picked it up into his shaking palm. It was a text from an unknown number.

"This Mark? Got your number from a friend."

He answered: "Yes. What's happening?" Quickly, he typed in: "Who is this?"

Outside, the planet-sized Kat chuckled loud enough to knock everything off the tables. She stuck her tongue out - and the world rumbled once more. Soon after, he got another text from the same number.

This was a selfie of Kat, making the same expression, get tongue outstretched. She was relaxing on her bed, dressed in a sailor uniform. She showed off her left hand. Instead of polish, cities were on each of her nails. Their tall buildings barely even compared to the dizzying length of her fingers.

She texted him again: "That's you on the middle finger."

He stared. It hit him all at once, the weight falling on his shoulder. Yes, he recognized that view from the last time he was in a plane. This madwoman had returned him to his hometown... And taken it captive, along with thousands of other people.

More tremors preceded her next text: "Check out my tumblr."

With his family trying to calm Emmy's screams, the boy rushed back to his room. His computer was on the same page, the tumblr site giving her receiver link. He looked closer at the profile.

It was full of pictures with her posing with tiny cities over her. They resembled glimmering jewels, simple decorations that complemented her figure. He couldn't believe it. Reloading the page again and again, he hoped it was some kind of joke. No. It was real.

This post, dated from "today",had her holding a large set of buildings in her hand. She'd added a caption: "Guess which city this is! First to get it right decides where I put it~ (◕દ◕)"

The next image had her in rest, with a larger set of structures in her cleavage. "Doesn't London look cute here? (◕j7;◕d47;)"

In disbelief, he kept scrolling. Now, she showed off her bare feet, with a metropolis covering her largest toe. A smug grin rested on her face. "Until you pass that human rights bill, New York will be my nail polish. ¯_( v5;° v0;b2; v5;°)_/¯"

Further below, a new photo. Thea sitting in a birdcage, filled with tiny comic merchandise. She smiled widely, showing her teeth. That betrayed her thousand-mile stare into the camera - blank, pleading, close to her breaking point. "I forgive you! BFFs with the captain! (a381;ωa381;)つ⊂(a381;ωa381;)"

Another one had her hovering her monolithic backside over a city - cheeks outsizing them seven times over. "Lol, these Moscow guys thought they could teleport out. Like my modded device wouldn't block that. Punishment time~ (_|_)"

Mark almost couldn't bear continuing. The last image simply had her posing with the portal gun. "Guess that pervert's gun had some use after all. Stopping bullying, shifting paradigms, and looking pretty cute while doing it~"

Each image had thousands of comments. Over time, they followed a pattern:
"Cute models!"
"How did you make those?"
"Do Paris next!"
"wait is this real"
"it can't be"
"Guys, look at the news. That city is missing. Like it was actually torn from the ground."
"Holy fuck what"
"HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?"
"Please help me. I'm on her lip."
"This isn't a fucking joke."
"my brother's there oh my god"
"God's not here, only her"
"I'M LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW"
"still cute tho"

It was because of him. Mark sobbed, pounding his face in the wall. No punishment could be enough for him. Because of his experiments, humanity lived at the whims of a hipster. A new era of history began. The decades to come would be forever remembered as "The Era of Kat."

He texted her. "You're insane."

Another earthquake; and then, a new reply. "Language. Now hold that thought, I gotta pick a booger."

A few last rattles, as the cruel face in the distance flashed a smug look. "Think I'll use my middle finger, lol."

The sky went dark. Gravity shifted in multiple directions, rising Mark to the ceiling. From his window outside, building up with humidity, the world fell into darkness...

Chapter End Notes:

SAD ENDING GET