- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Initially a story for an RP setting written on a whim, decided to post it up here. It shouldn't require much in the way of knowledge of the setting I believe. That said it does have some of the most absurd size I've written in a long while. I hope its enjoyed!

The Sector of Space known in modern times as the Firax Sector possessed a long history. A history longer than the Dominion itself. Longer than the Terran Empire. Longer then the Terran Republic before that. Firax was a region of space that had long been civilized under the heel of Nessera, its ruler and dictator. She was its God in many ways. She had brought civilization and order to this untamed region of space, guiding its scattered people to the light of an orderly society. Those that followed beneath Her extended their lands further into a kingdom beneath the God-Queen Nassera, bringing more into Her light.

 It was around 40,000 years before such a thing as a Dominion and the UFRG existed when war first came to these lands. A splinter kingdom of the Earth Colonies had split off and fallen under a warlord keen to subject all of the Outer Colonies to his will. A powerful man with many vessels beneath him, one that history would never remember the name of however. His kingdom and its name was lost to history forever. The Warlord attacked the worlds of Firax and thus infringed upon the holy lands of Nassera. His vessels had claimed a number of worlds on the border and completely massacred the resisting populations. Statues and monuments built to the glory of the God-Queen were toppled.

 Drifting through space toward the fleet of the Warlord was the vessel of the Queen. It was a great pyramid structure propelled through space, massive beyond the imagining of most. It was the size of most moons. Gold shimmered through space as the light of a nearby star shined upon it. The fleet of the warlord surged forward and the vanguard of hundreds of vessels opened fired with countless lasers that lit the blackness of space in a blue glow. The beams of light bounced off of a golden barrier that shimmered around the incredible vessel. Missiles were launched, crashing against this shield and exploding silently. Still the vessel drifted forward. At that moment the words of the God-Queen were brought to every vessel.

 “Hear Our words, mortals. We are God-Queen Nassera. For your sin of touching the possessions of God, it is Our will that you will be erased from the course of history. Your leader will be humbled before Us. Your worlds and weapons will be torn asunder beneath Our steps. None will remember your names or your actions so make peace with your doom. This will take naught but the blink of Our eyes to see your end.” The voice of the God-Queen fell upon the ears of all those in this fleet.

 The fire became more desperate and the ships tried to reverse course as the Pyramid ship came closer and closer. Those ships at the forefront were dashed to pieces upon the shimmering gold barrier. Those unfortunates ejected into space were completely incinerated against the field of the ship, leaving not even ashes behind. It had not once fired its weapon, simply sailing through the vessels arrayed before it that were too slow to move out of the way. It a matter of minutes, the first offensive was destroyed completely and the ship made its way to the main fleet.

 A fleet a thousand strong drifted ahead, a massive array of ships for the era. It was enough to perhaps challenge the Earth Grand Fleet. These were the most advanced ships for the time; however the Pyramid ship simply stopped before it and then finally started firing upon the enemy fleet. From the tip of the Pyramid, a great multicolored beam shined before blasting out through space. It swept in a great swath before it, the enormous beam moving across the length of the ships gathered before it. The whole act of firing the beam and moving it had taken naught but a minute. In that minute the vacuum of space was lit with countless explosions as a fleet grand enough to challenge the Earth Grand Fleet was destroyed in the span of a single minute. They were swept from the path of the vessel of God, her judgment erasing them from space.

 There were no changes to send messages back to their lands, no ships that escaped the destruction wrought by the Pyramid ship. To a man the entire fleet had been erased from the vacuum of space by the actions of the ship. After a few moments the ship started moving again, opening a great vortex before it. In the early days, Immaterial Travel was unnecessary and travel was handled via Gate Drives. It was a technology that opened a wormhole between two points, allowing near instant travel within a limited range. Thus travel was accomplished via puddle jumping across space.

 The vessel passed through the wormhole and exited in an entirely different system. One of the worlds on the border between Nassera’s lands and the lands of the Warlord. The vessel drifted near the heavily populated planet, its shadow darkening the light of the star. After a few moments a golden pillar of light shot down from the bottom of the craft. It speared down in the mountains beyond a city upon the largest continent. When the light vanished, She stood before the eyes of the unworthy populace.

 Clad in gold and finery beyond the imagining of the mere mortals of this world, the green haired form of Nassera towered far above the mountains beyond their homes. Long silky green hair spilled down Her head and green eyes surveyed the terrain with an almost disdainful look in them. Pale skin as smooth and flawless as anything in the galaxy, a presence that was almost oppressive and beauty that was otherworldly. This was Nassera. Her shadow fell over the city from Her mere presence. The enormity of the woman was such that the tallest clouds pooled around Her ankles. It was almost biblical looking up at such a being. In the age before Caelestis became a common occurrence, there just wasn’t anything that could be so utterly massive in the scope of human understanding.

 The consequences of Her simply standing upon the planet were immediate. The crust of the world groaned in warning and pain as it was not prepared to hold Her glory and enormity. Cracks formed in the crust, opening up fissures that went as deep as the mantel of the world. Liquid molten rock spilled up onto the surface, washing over the land and drowning buildings and infrastructure in the sheer heated rock. Waves of red and orange rose up over suburbs and gleaming spires of crystal, their heat melting all that they touched. Attempts to outrun such heat were futile as the heat was such that it possessed the viscosity of water. There was no human or vehicle that could escape the liquid fire as it consumed those nearby.

 Nassera simply stood for a few moments more. Her weight cracked the mountain in two, rocks and rubble avalanching down to those that had not been melted in the fires of the lava. She crossed Her arms and watched as the city was slowly consumed in the biblical fires of Her wrath, green eyes bearing only cool judgement as those within cried out for mercy and reprieve. She could have crushed them all under a single step of her golden and immaculate sandals, ending everything with but a step.

 She had different plans. “The air of this world belongs to God, as much as the land you walk upon. That you breathe it in without Our blessing is yet another sin of your people. We shall remove this privilege.”

 With that said the God-Queen simply breathed in through Her nose sharply. Across the world the oxygen levels began to plummet as the sheer force of the green haired woman breathing in was robbing the atmosphere of its oxygen. All of it was vanishing up into the nostrils of the woman as she simply breathed inward. Clouds drifted toward her, vanishing forever from the eyes of those upon the planet. People were unable to breathe as there was soon enough no oxygen upon the planet. Worse still they began to cook alive from the heat of the sun as she had breathed in the ozone of the planet, taking away the protection from the sun’s radiation.

 Nassera breathed out slowly and what looked like smoke escaped Her nose upward into the vacuum beyond the planet, all of the things necessary to support human life upon a planet were being sucked away into space where they would simply disperse. All across the world Nassera stood upon people suffocated, they burned, they suffered for the weight of their sins. Her Eternal gaze swept disdainfully over the city before her as humans dropped like flies. In the span of about ten minutes, all human life on the planet was over as they dropped dead. Animal life followed soon after. The Oceans began to evaporate and turn into toxic pools and plant life had begun to burn and shrivel up under the heat of the sun. Soon enough Nassara stood upon a blasted wasteland, the world becoming naught but blasted and toxic wasteland unsuited for life. All from the breath of the woman.

 Nassera was consumed in a golden light as she was brought back up into her ship once more. The ship left the planet to its dead fate, drifting into another gateway and to another system. One by one, Nassera visited apocalypse upon all of the worlds the Warlord possessed, ending life in one way or another. She brought biblical doom to billions of humans. Attempts to stop Her were futile and pathetic. She was untouchable, to these humans She was indeed an angry God come to smite them from space.

 Upon one planet She simply stood upon its only continent, Her form towering upward into the heavens. Her leg lifted up, and Her golden sandal came crashing down upon the continent in a single step. Not a stomp, a simple step. The quakes sent out from the step shook every single building upon the world, toppling the products of human engineering across the world and the sound of it shattered glass and ruptured eardrums. The oceans themselves shook and frothed from the underground quakes, the shockwave traveling across the whole world countless times before dissipating.

 Those that had survived however could look up and bear witness to the end of the world. The step had triggered the activation of dormant super volcanos, spilling soot and ash into the atmosphere and across the land. Half a dozen of them had blown and covered the air that pooled around Her ankles in a grey and black substance. The light of the sun was robbed from them and the air was slowly turned into a toxic mess. The oceans were poisoned completely. The world was bathed in a grand extinction event that had played out upon Earth many times. In the end, the planet was consumed in the black veil of soot and ash and all life upon it doomed to end under its shadow.

 Another world She had not appeared upon the planet itself but rather upon its small moon. She was easily half the size of the moon, the woman far more akin to a celestial entity than a being recognized as flesh and blood. She reeled back a fist and thrust forth, smashing into the moon of the world. All below watched as in an instant the moon was shattered into a thousand pieces by the sheer strength of the Eternal. The rocks were blasted out into space and the moon was erased from the orbit of the planet. The only thing left drifting where it had been was debris and the God-Queen standing where it had been.

 The consequences of this were immediate. Without the moon to regulate the tides, the oceans began to spill onto the surface of the continents. People tried to flee but there was no fleeing the doom that Nassera had brought upon them. The waters of the oceans swallowed up the continents slowly, greedily drinking up every mile of land under its depths. People were drowned and crushed under the weight of the waves. Soon enough the ball had become naught but a stormy and frothing ball of water with not an ounce of land that could support human life upon it.

 From world to world She went, no mercy given to any upon the planet. Even those that dropped to their knees in prayer were not spared. They would repent for their sins with their lives. Planets were robbed of their abilities to support life, the cosmic fury of God something that no human was prepared for. The mistake of the Warlord and his arrogance to dare to touch the possessions of God were being made very apparent. At last however, there was only the world of the Warlord remaining. All of his worlds were robbed of life one by one until only his remained. This took all of a day for Nassera. In the span of a single day, an entire region of space had all life wiped from it. Hundreds of billions killed in a day of reckoning.

 Nassera once more emerged from Her vessel, which immediately started backing off from her as she drifted above the world of the Warlord. She held out Her arms as she looked upon the planet. “We have taken from you your worldly possessions. This is the price of your hubris. Will you accept the Judgement of God, or will you continue to rail against it as an insect against glass?” She asked.

 The response came immediately in the form of an orbital laser. It was a thing that could have devastated a small fleet of ships. Indeed even the shield on the Pyramid ship might not have survived it. The beam connected with Nassera’s form and it did… nothing. It hit Her form and made contact however it was as though water was sliding off the feathers of a seagull. The green haired woman waved a hand before Her and broke the beam with the idle gesture. The most powerful weapon of the warlord was nothing compared to her.

 “So be it then! We shall grant you the greatest honor of all, to look upon a fraction of Our Eternal Glory. Look up and know the Face of God!” She said.

 There were no words to really explain what happened next that existed in the human vocal abilities. This moment was not recorded in any history. No mortal lived to the present to record it for even if they did it would have been written off as mere scrawling of a madman. The form of the enormous God-Queen began to expand at a rapid pace. More and more She swelled upward, Her size already defying all reason and now it defied all laws of reality itself it seemed. Looking upon Her form was enough to have many upon the world of the Warlord faint. Though no one recorded him to history, he fell to his knees at the very sight of it and realized at the end the existence of the Divine.

 She stopped eventually. Stopped when She had reached the scale where the only thing visible to the world in the sky was not a sea of stars. It was a sea of green. The green of the pupil of Her eye. A single eye. It was also the only thing visible through the whole of the solar system. Before Her the system orbiting the star was a collection of so many dust particles that She would have struggled to make out as being anything but that. It was the purest expression of Her size and scale.

 It was then that she fulfilled her promise. Her eyelid came down slowly, massive green lashes that were thicker than the sun by an order of magnitude that one couldn’t even begin to fathom descended. They smashed through the system, crushing planets and the star itself into oblivion. She had erased them in the single blink of one of her eyes, completely destroying all evidence they had existed in space. In the end, the only that would remember this day of reckoning was the only Eternal being. Their fate was lost to history.