- Text Size +

The sun's faint light pierced the dense foliage above, its thin rays weakly touched the damp soils and illuminated the area. I felt safe in here but I knew it couldn't last, my heart still beating strong, still amazed that I had managed to escape. And just barley at that... I dropped to my knees and tried to catch my breath the adrenaline felt almost liberating. In the moment I felt like nothing could stop me. I raised my self-up and staggered forward almost losing my balance as I did so. I had to keep moving if I did not want to get caught... or found for that matter. The jungle was thick but I was able to move freely without much hassle the strong smell of the various plants mixed with the soil was intoxicating, almost overwhelming at times, it tried to turn my stomach that thankfully and unfortunately was empty. As I continued on my way, climbing over roots and crawling under the leaves I found myself on the edge of the pathway looking down a bumpy slope the ground levels out before rising back up on the other side. I gathered my courage and began my descent downwards. It did not take me long to reach the bottom and actually make it onto the path way but crossing it would be the tough part, I had a lot of distance to cover and no idea If I would be safe being exposed for so long. But I had to cross it; the large red round lumps on the other side look so inviting and my stomach rumbled and gurgled. I took 1 step... and another... and another. I started to pick up the pace, I was making good time all things considered, I had walked this path so many times with no problems, no fears and not a care. But now everything was different... so Very different... I had no time to react, plan or even think. In moments the shadow covered me, almost engulfing all the light. I was fell onto my bottom intending the soil with my cheeks as I landed, The right boot was flat to the ground, The left one was vertical with the toes planted in the ground swaying gently side to side on them. She stood like that... grinding a hole into the ground. The boot raised up and almost immediately dropped back down. She was probably nocking the dirt off it. The boot impacted onto the ground and knocked me up into the air before I feel down lying flat face up in the dirt. She tapped the boot gently this time and then she took a step forward. The heel came down first and compressed the soil beneath it... the rest of the tread began to follow. The dirty, blocky pattern of that tread consumed the sky above, until all that remained was its blackness as the light coming in the sides got thinner and dimmer. I lay on my back as the boot tread under her toes approached. The reality finally set in; there is no place for insects in her world. All I could do was scream. "MOM NO!"

Chapter End Notes:

Please leave a review letting me know what you think, What you might like to see in the future stories/chapters and any ways I may inprove in my work. =)