- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As I met my first foot of the year...

 

 


 

I had learned a lot by being so different. Life had instilled in me something important: people didn’t like people who didn’t identify to something in a way or another.

I also understood that people were attacking things that they simply could not understand. For example, who could understand the reality of someone with 4 centimeters ?

The more I shrunk in my life, the more I was attacked. Rarely physically, but a lot verbally and emotionally. People never understood me because I was defying the logical after all. Doctors could never understand the mystery I was. Even my family had slowly started to avoid me in its own way. I always had the deep feeling that every time I was out of sight, I was out of their life too.

And right now, I was sequestered in boots, next to the feet of this girl for, at least, twenty minutes now. At one point, she seemed to have crossed her legs, because that there was no more pressure on my world. This respite lasted for five minutes but I knew that it would not drag on.

It was not totally dark inside, because her boots seemed a little too much great for her and, letting the light go through at some places.

The teacher outside was chatting again and again about business ethics and how to prepare well correctly an interview...

His voice fell me asleep, which did not help me. A sudden movement made me shiver with fear. The girl uncrossed her legs and put her foot on the ground, without any softness ! My world slammed on the floor. I grimaced because my pains really began to become serious. I needed to go out !

Then my worst nightmare comes true. She crossed her legs again, but this time, the pressure was exercised on the foot where I was currently stuck. The pressure increased and my head began to sink in his foot. I began to have trouble breathing.

I began to wonder where was Alizee ? I knew she was looking for me, and probably in a hysterical way. The question was, "Will she find me" ?

Because if this girl did not feel under her foot with all that pressure applied, then she would not notice me until she came home, maybe never.

And it was not good for me ! I began to fidget frantically... I tried at least. I was so tight under her sole that I could barely move.

It was even more difficult to find fresh air with every breath I took. Alizee, where were you ?

 

******* ALIZEE *******

 

Alizee had gone to the principal's office to explain what had happened. He was not happy to learn that the person designated to monitor me, had left me alone, even a fraction of second.

Mr. Meyral was angry. Quickly, he went, with Alizee, in another section of the school, where there was the monitoring station, which controlled all the cameras of the establishment. After asking where it had happened, the principal asked at the agent to go up the wire of the camera of the hall main. It only took him a minute to find the right camera and the exact moment.

"- Right there, it's him on the table!" she says, pointing vigorously her finger at the monitor.

The scene was replayed more slowly before he saw me fall into the left boot. Thirty seconds later, a girl approached and put on the shoes, before disappearing screens.

"- Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh ! Yes…" she exclaimed loudly.

"- What's Miss Sullivan?" asked Mr. Meyral, frightened by his cry.

"- I remember that girl ! She put on a pair of shoes while I was looking for Nick, but I had not thought about it until now! Nick is definitely in his shoes ! " M. Meyral seemed to be incredulous.

"- In his shoes ? You do not think about it seriously ? Since then, the girl had to notice something in his shoe? "

"- Well, I already accidentally walked on Nick, without any intentional thing ..." she mumbled, without to be proud.

"- Ok ... Wait for, what ?!" said Mr. Meyral in confusion.

"- Nothing, but I assure you that Nick is definitely there and now we have to find the name of the room where she has classes ! "she asked, very directly.

Mr. Meyral did not seem to want to argue with her. He asked the agent to zoom in order to recognize the face, because it seemed familiar.

 

****** NICK *******

 

My body hurt. The girl still had her legs crossed, and her feet were sweating a little now. It had become difficult to breathe.

I desperately wanted to be back in Alizee's gentle, caring hands, to be safe. I wanted so much to be independent... But, to be honest with myself, how can someone how small could he hope to be independent ?

Without Alizee, I was a duck sitting in this world of oversized and negligent foxes.

"- Yes, Chloe?" said the teacher.

"- Can I go to the bathroom ?" she asked.

This voice was so close. In fact, I felt the vibrations of her voice through my poor body.

Chloe Rey was the name the girl who had locked me in her shoes. I had heard her name during the call, at the beginning of the class. At least I could pin a name to my executioner now, which did not solve my problem.

"- Yes, but hurry up, I would like to start a very important presentation" said the teacher.

No movement for a fraction of a second and all the pressure was relieved before a throbbing pain on my back as Chloe stood up.

She began to walk. One step, then another step, follow another, and another one... Then nothing...

Life had paused for me.

I closed my eyes hoping for the best. Then I felt a new pressure applied to my body, only instead of being provoked by Chloe's foot. The pressure was now applied under the shoe, but that did not come off the ground. It looked like a hand.

 

 

 

 

******** ALIZEE **********

 

After a few minutes of reflection, Mr. Meyral had an illumination. We could see on his face he knew who the girl was.

"- Yes, of course... he said, slapping his hand on his forehead, this is Chloe Rey, and ..." he says before interrupting himself.

"- And what ?" said Alizee, waiting for the rest.

"- God, god... he says, putting his hair back in. If what you say is true, miss Sullivan, Nick going to receive an unpleasant visit in a few times... "he said, with a scary tone.

"- Why ?" she said, scared by the words of the principal, which was cold in the back.

"- I'll explain you later, let's go!" he says, before thanking the agent and leaving the piece.

 

Alizee walked at a steady pace, so as not to lose a second, with the principal at her sides. In fact, she mostly followed him directions because she hasn't known the establishment yet.

"- Business 101... Business 101... Busin... Ys ! This is it !" he says, looking for the good room.

It was the last door on the left, down the hall. Alizee rushed to the door. She looked inside, trying to spot the girl. And of course she noticed it !

She had just got up and headed for the door.

When she came out of the classroom, she grabbed her arm, to signify her presence.

"- Oh, what are doing ? What's your problem?" she said, indignant at what had just happened.

"- Miss Sullivan, a little restraint, please !" ordered her, M. Meyral.

Alizee crossed his eyes with the principal, then she lowered her eyes before going back. Chloe handed her up and her hair in place. She turned to the main, pretty up.

" - Can I help you ?" she asked, a little shaken.

"- Miss Rey, it looks like you have a stowaway in your shoe left "he says very seriously.

"- Excuse me, if I had something in my shoes, I would have noticed it !"

"- Let's check ?" he replied, to challenge her.

Reluctantly, she lifted her left leg. She removed her left boot before returning it.

********** NICK **********

 

After a series of violent tremors, I quickly realized that the shoe had been knocked down. Quickly, I found myself in someone's palm. It was Chloe's.

She immediately handed to Alizee, who recovered me gently.

She pulled back in horror ! She was shocked to learn that the new 4 centimeter student has been under her foot since all this time.

"- Why were you in my shoe, kind of foot fetishist or something like that ? "shout Chloe, not knowing that this situation was a contest of circumspection.

" - A little calm, Miss Rey, it's a mess, I'll explain you," said Mr. Meyral, to calm the game

" - Do not try to protect him, sir ! He has not arrived in my shoe alone ! He has no excuse! "she says, almost practicing it.

The situation was ubiquitous.

"- Calm down, please ! It's not because you're at him side, that you can all allow yourself. And I ask you do not talk about this unfortunate event everywhere around you ! Is that understood ? "he retorted, keeping his cool.

"- Manage the school properly before giving me lessons, and, yes, of course, I do not will not speak to others, it would hurt my reputation. But he will know... Sorry, for you Mr. Kemp, "she said with a tone and a disturbing smile.

"- Just know something, Miss Rey: be careful, the day where you fall from your throne, the fall could be violent. It's a tip... Make it what you want... he added almost by threatening her. Finally, Miss Sullivan, pay more attention next time. On this, young people, I wish you a good day. " he finished before fading.

As he disappeared into the corridors, Chloe turned to us. He analyzed me for a moment before talking to us:

“- Nick… Do you know that you’d taken big risks coming to this school ? Personally, I do not want you bad, but some will want to take care of you. We'll meet again, I'm afraid ..."she told me, before leaving for the toilet.

After this speech, Alizee simply looked down at me. She seemed puzzled by the discussion she had just attended. She did not want to waste more time and she went to our first class.

 

The rest of the day passed quickly enough. We went to our scheduled classes and luckily, Alizee kept me very close to her, to make sure nothing would happen to me again.

The final ring meant it was time to go home. The day had been long.

During the first sports class, in the early afternoon, Alizee had obtained a locker. At the end of the course, before leaving, she had decided to go for a ride there.

The lockers were under the gymnasium grandstand. There were a dozen alleyways that contained a hundred green and silver locker. Old neon lighted the place that was not early youth.

While she was busy with her locker, I was walking on the bench, so I was not lending pay attention to the students who wandered around the locker room so late. Alizee turned the lock and removed the lock. She grabbed the hinge, lifted it up and started to open it.

 

Suddenly, a student put one foot on the bench and lifted it slightly, making me wobble little !

Alizee heard the noise and turned her head to see who had gone.

I also turned my head, and my eyes almost left my sockets. When life decides to put you to the test constantly... She also sends you sharp knives in full face not to miss you !

My knife was him: Leo Karn ! Jordan warned me that he would pick me up, and of course, he had not been long to find me. Alizee was about to speak.

" - I..."

" - Silence, you speak when I allow you," said Leo, looking already annoyed.

Needless to say, Alizee kept her mouth shut, frightened and confused as to why Leo Karn was standing in front of us.

I continued to replay myself the moment in the hall, watching this poor freshman, on the ground, quivering with pain. Leo had only hit the kid once, and that was enough for knock him out. And I did not know if he had used all his strength!

Leo lowered his eyes and entered in my soul.

"- Nick Kemp, isn’t it?" he said, staring at me.

I stayed silent. I preferred to say nothing but to say something stupid. My hands were in the back, and I looked at him, eyes up.

" - Do not you talk anymore ? Did you cut off your tongue?" he says, trying to sting me a little.

"- I respect what you said ..." I said, gently so as not to offend him.

" - Pardon ?"

"- You told us not to speak, so I'm listening to you ..." I said, while my right hand shaking.

"- Ok. You're seem funny Nick... Let's get off to a good start, will you?" he said, with a smile that seemed a bit wrong.

I nodded, moving my head down. I did not want to upset him.

"- Perfect! he said, resting his foot on the ground. Perhaps wondering why I'm worried about you, Nick ? "he asked me.

"- Because you've heard about me, I guess ? Sorry, I'm easily noticed..." I said, thinking about all the words I wanted to use.

"- It's true ! I'll be honest with you: I think it's my sister who told me about you ! Astonishing, isn’t? I think you'll meet her one day or another... She's very... Sweet and amiable, you will see... "he said with a smile.

"- I can’t wait..." I said, hoping this talk will be over soon.

"- Anyway... No, more seriously, I care about you because you seemed to be someone from trust. Unfortunately, appearances are sometimes deceptive... "he said, rather annoyed.

" - Why, I did not cause problem to you, I think," I said, a little worried.

"- No, not to me directly but to a very close friend... You probably know someone name Chloe Rey, don’t you ? he said, with a certain pleasure. She told me what happened this morning... Karn informed me. I swallow, very worried about this memory... And I will not worry so much...

A tremendous amount of stress came to me when Karn said those last three words…

“ - If she was not, too, my girlfriend !" Karn finished.

I lowered my head directly. Fate was raging against me.

"- All she said to you is not true Leo ! Nick accidentally fell off a table even in his shoe. I have the security images to prove... "but she was reduced to silence, by the grip of Karn.

Leo grabbed Alizee by the throat directly. He was not suffocating her, however, his grip was very tight because I saw Alizee squirm as she tried to get rid of her hold. I was terrified.

"Don’t worry, girl. You're making your situation worse..." he said calmly.

He turned his eyes to me, to prove to me what he was capable of. I was overwhelmed.

" - She dares to question the words of my girlfriend. She has guts, Nick! That’s a good choice, to protect you! he almost congratulated me.

But I'm going learn you something: I protect at all costs, those I love. And if you don’t ask me problems, or help me if I need it, I'll protect you too ! he says in sign of trust.

But avoid problems, from the first day. It's better for you. It is understood ? "finished Leo, with a mocking smile.

He was not yelling at us. He had a deep voice... His voice was almost close to that of a godfather of a mafia...

Finally, Leo loosened his embrace shortly after his statement and Alizee fell back on her feet. She took her free hand to rub her throat, a tear streaming down her face.

"- Be careful next time... I won’t always be so kind. With me, there is only one warning "he says with his ring finger raised, to emphasize his instructions.

Leo turned to leave, but stopped to say one last thing.

"And by the way: welcome to Eagle High !" he said with a smile, before turning around.

And then Leo went away, disappearing behind the lockers. We did not have words...

I was lost in my thoughts. How did he find us ? How to live with the risk of to cross at any time ? How to fight something like that! How ? So many questions that haunted me from my first day...

Alizee does not say a word all the way home. After our descent, she began to return to our respective homes. At one point she stopped. I could not see her eyes because I was in the pocket of her dress, but I could see her trembling hand. She looked at me with watery eyes. The pressure of this first day had been too great.

"- I guess we're not made to fit in. Maybe we should just give up... I don’t know if I can handle this kind of world, Nick "said Alizee, at bottom of the hole.

I looked up at her. I preferred to react calmly to this situation.

"- You know, I went through almost 3 ½ years of hell in college. I probably gave up any resistance at that time. But then, I found you, and you gave me hope and salvation I needed to get where I am now. To give up now would mean that evil wins... And I will not allow that to happen ! I said with courage. Neither before, nor now, nor later... I will try to live normally, whether I am alone at 4 cm or if we are 100 to 1.80 m. And if we have to fight, we will fight ... until the end ! "I say ending with hope in the voice.

Alizee smiled and rubbed her hair. She did not say anything, but I knew that my speech had brightened her mood.

She dropped me at home, and we said goodbye. She would still be here tomorrow morning to pick me up for our second day of school...

 

Chapter End Notes:

Share, comments and have a good day !