- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

At home, Nick going to live an unexpected journey...

 

 

My narrowing worried me constantly. At night, during the day, whether it's sunny or rainy: in all possible or imaginable situations. And I could not forget it because reality thrilled me constantly in the eyes.

 

And the thought: What if I reduced myself to nothingness?

It was an idea that had all crossed our minds, at least once. Even Alizee...

 

And maybe that was true... I was going to shrink to nothingness. Honestly, only time could tell me. I just hoped luck was on my side. At this point in my life, I had learned that everyone was a potential danger and the list could continue to grow further...

 

After Alizee had left me in front of the door, I entered the house through a very small plastic door. Shortly after we moved our new home to Little Bastid, my mother had hired an architect, so that this house became more accessible to my height and that I can go everywhere. They had installed a series of tiny doors, as well as plastic ladders, everywhere in the house. The installation took place when I was 20 cm, but fortunately, all worked well, even at 4 cm.

 

After closing the door, I arrived in the hallway. There was the kitchen on the left, the stairs front of me and the living room on the right. My mother really liked something here: the fact that there have no doors between the rooms. Everyone could see and talk without losing sight of each other.

 

In the kitchen, there was a ladder leading to the counter, where I had a corner just for me so that I can sit down and eat my food.

In my room, I also had a ladder that climbed up to my bed, and another one that climbed to top of my dresser to access my clothes. It was really cool actually. A whole set doors and ladders built for me. The benefits of being tiny, I suppose.

 

On the wall to the left of the front door, there was a string, which was connected to a machine that beeped all over the house, to let my family know that I was at home. I pulled the rope and, of course, the noise spread through every room in the house.

I waited for an answer, but only silence greeted me. I still pulled on the rope, but still no sign of life. My mother and my sisters had to be outside. I shrugged and continued my path.

 

I walked to the living room to find out what time it was. According to the clock, it was 5:20 pm. The day had been long so I was tired. All his encounters were the result of a misunderstanding, but at least now I knew what to expect.

 

I decided to forget everything about high school, and I put my tiny shoes right in the entrance. At the outside, the sunlight was still visible. Given that there was no one, I chose to go up to my room to wait for them to come in.

 

On the stairs, the system was different. To go down, I had a toboggan run. But to ride, I had a seat, which was on a rail. The whole thing was maybe 10 cm wide. So it was not particularly embarrassing for adults.

 

So I borrowed the seat, and in 50 seconds, I reached the top of the stairs. After, the seat went down automatically.

 

Upstairs, there were all the bedrooms and the bathroom. In total, there were five rooms. From the staircase, from right to left, there was the bathroom, then the guest room, Joanna’s room, mine, Noémie's room and finally, at the end of the corridor on the left, my mother’s room. 

At the bottom, there had the entrance, the living room and the dining room, the kitchen, the laundry room and the garage. A typical suburban house…

 

After my climb, I took the road to my room. Arriving in front, I noticed a strange light coming from Noémie’s room. I had not been to her room for a while. The time was passing so fast that things were changing too fast for me. For me, Noémie was still the little girl of the past, timid but endearing. Currently, she was more of a discreet teenager discreet and she sometimes has the head in the clouds. For once, I was going to take advantage of her absence, to enter her world...

 

I followed the glow, which was only a reflection of the falling sun in a glass object on the ground. When I got into the room, I understood that things had changed. 

Usually, she did not want. In my last memory, this room was like every room of a child 11-12 years old. It was not long after we’d moved elsewhere.

 

Today, she was 14 years old. Dolls, plastic babies, ironing boards and washing machine, had given way to a mirror, a makeup box and posters of groups of music, a laptop and also a fridge. My mother had accepted this request this summer.

In fact, she had mostly given in to a little whim... But she was not accustomed to it... Not as much as her big sister...

 

At the back of the room, along the large bay window, was her huge bed, next to a desk and then a wardrobe, which was a skyscraper for me. My curiosity was rather attracted by what was between the desk and the wardrobe.

There was a blue box about thirty centimeters high and also a Playmobil building, which was barely higher than the cash register. And most importantly, everything was pretty much at my size outside! 

 

The building appeared to be in the European style of the 19th-20th century. I felt like I was getting into a house of my size. 

So I decided to have fun and do pretending to go home. I closed my eyes, to imagine my dream’s life...

 

I opened the door. On entering, I coughed. The dust reigned supreme on the ground floor. It was necessary I really took care of cleaning this room from top to bottom. The street light filtered slightly to allow me to move forward. I went to the first floor, where there were the kitchen and the living room.

 

Arriving up there, I put down my jacket, pulled off my scarf, took off my shoes and saluted my wonderful wife who was preparing the meal. She was beautiful in her cooking outfit. I kissed her tenderly in the neck. She was surprised. She jumped a little, and then, she turned. She handed me her smiling lips, and she gave me a kiss. I did not say anymore before leaving her finish preparing the meal.

 

I went to see my children who were in front of the television, where were playing a program of entertainment. I was not particularly fond of it, but either...

Outside, the winter was in full swing, and the fireplace warmed the room and our hearts too...

I decided to go to the second floor to take a shower, in order to remove the memories of this grueling day. I worked as a pharmacist. At the moment, my shop was always full. The flu, the gastro... The classics of winter.

 

Arriving in front of the shower, I undressed, I started the shower and I took advantage of this moment, alone and singular. In my opinion, the biggest decisions were taken in the shower.

During that moment, no one could embarrass you, influence you, or deceive you. One moment, alone in the middle of time...

 

I went out and heard a high voice, in the distance, telling me that the meal was ready. I did not delay.

I put on my usual black bathrobe, went down, and finished the table before settling down. 

My family was reunited for food after this cold and hard day. On the program: a soup of vegetables and little processed cheese. To keep warm, there was no better. The television had been off, so as not to hinder the course of the meal and our discussions.

 

"- So kids, how was the day?" I said, dipping my spoon into the bowl of soup.

My older son, who was 10 years old, finished his mouth before answering.

"- Well, we learned division today, I did not understand anything, but the mistress said we would explain it again" he says, with his little voice.

"- You know, that was complicated for me. I trained, that's all." I said, to give him some trust.

"- That's what I do, daddy. To have fun, I'm waiting to come home..." he says, laughing with his brother in the end.

"- What does this little laugh mean?" I said, intrigued.

They looked at each other before answering. They were still smiling. The youngest, 6 years old, decided to tell the truth.

"- Me and Florian, we had fun with the snow, on the way back. We lunch snowballs, trying to avoid himself "he says, being proud.

I laughed as I finished my bowl. After finishing, I added a joke.

"- You know, I had fun in the snow, with your mother!" I said, for impress them.

"- Really? When?" they said, with their big eyes.

I turned my eyes to her. She was waiting for my answer, to know if it was funny, while being suspicious.

"- When she first saw me, she was ice-cold in front of me, she thought I was a smooth talker. But when she really discovered me, I melted it, like snow in the sun. I had become his lucky star "I said, while the whole table listened to me, in total silence.

"- Yes, you melted me, but I thought I was chocolate, because, you know, by dint of taste me, you gained weight "she says, making fun of her.

Everyone laughed.

"- So to continue, I'm going to attack the processed cheese, it's very good for what I have!" I have said, smiling.

During the rest of the meal, we discussed our respective days.

I enjoyed these moments so that everyone shares their feelings, their ideas, their dissatisfaction... And it was good for the development of their critical sense, speak in groups and imagination.

 

The meal was hearty but delicious. After sleeping the children, and having a little care, we have took the direction of the bed. When I went to it to, I turned to Clemence. She was reading a novel, which was passionate according to her face. I only contemplated her in the silence of our room. Then we are asleep... And I fell into the limbo of dreams...

To better return to reality. Alone in the world...

 

I opened my eyes. The sun was orange. It was going to be 6 pm and the girls would be coming soon return. I got out of the plastic bed where I went to sleep, and I decided to go through the fake vistas to access the roof. I sat on the plastic tiles. Placed there, I had a breathtaking view of the room. The sun was reflected on the mirror that was next to Naomi's bed. Then, I thought back to the experience I lived. It was the life I would have liked to have. Simple but so beautiful...

But it would only be in my dreams...

 

My morale was low, and at that moment, my thoughts, once again, were drowning in my poor reality...

In a moment of weakness, a tear appeared on my cheek. My subconscious was honest with me, at less. This life was for normal-sized people, and I could not access it at this world.

For example: what is the point of doing all those years of study if I could not get decent work.

Anyway, no matter my life, I'll always need someone to accompany me in my daily tasks. It's impossible for me to cook, to clean my house, to drive a car, pay the bills... My life will be impossible.

 

And for romantic relationships, it's even worse! I would have to know someone of my size first. And even if my girlfriend was normal size, how to make her normal children, and at worst, how to be a good father when you are 4 centimeters tall? So much question, who would you brought back to my reality...

 

I was not to complain because my situation could have been worse. Live at this size and have a situation precarious, or poverty would have been horrible, I think. Thanks to her work, my mother was able to provide all the needs of the family. And I thanked her every day from the bottom of my heart... Even though I did not tell her enough, I think...

 

But despite everything, the money it relieves, its rule the problems, but it will never replace the glances people we love. And I still loved my family, despite their relative absence...

 

Suicide could have been a cowardly solution... I could have farted a lead overnight... Fortunately, I was good because, in my opinion, a second of life was better than an eternity of nothingness.

It might sound like beautiful pompous phrases, but it was my way of surviving.

 

Leo wanted to scare me, I knew it. And that was only the beginning. My family did not talk to me anymore, because sometimes I shut myself up like an oyster. Often, I felt like I saw the world through glass. To see things differently...

 

But I was not going away without fighting. I promised it to Alizee, and I felt that my meetings with Chloe and Leo, was not a coincidence. Destiny was my master, and he controlled me at its way, to achieve its ends.

 

Anyway, I had demons to defeat, goals to reach and fears, of course. But I did not have to complain, I could take my time because I was not ready to go out.

My thoughts could have been the theme of a song almost... Now it was time to get back to reality and leave the abyss of my unconscious.

When I came to the surface, I fixed the room for a few minutes while emptying in my mind. I wanted to enjoy the silence of the room. We rarely enjoy the silence...

Then, I came out of that moment when I heard a strange noise. I looked around, but it seemed to be nothing wrong with it. I remained motionless, listening attentively. I had heard something...

 

Then another noise! It was like someone knocking against a window...

 

Finally, there was the sound of broken glass. Someone had just broken a window at my house! I was robbed!

Then I listened, and I heard two voices coming in:

"- Hush, do you want to alert everyone?" said a voice. 

It was the voice of a man.

"- What's a guy like him doing? Call the police?" 

That voice was looking for me!

 

Two people had just entered into the house. I did not know what to do. To my size, I was helpless. He seemed to have broken the window of a room because they were close to me. I had to take cover, just in case...

"- You see, I told you there was no one in the house, or at least our size..." declared the intruder.

"- I'm just being careful, said the male voice. If Leo learns we're here, we'll have problems! "he says, seemingly worried.

I was furious, but worried at the same time. The intruders were there, because of Leo or not?

 

One of them seemed to go downstairs. As he went upstairs, he told the other that he had seen my shoes and my bag downstairs, but that he had not seen anyone there. The second told him that they would first search in above.

 

They did not know where I was, thankfully. I looked around and noticed that the blue plastic crate was ajar. I decided, literally and figuratively, to jump at the chance.

With a little momentum, I crossed the space between the roof of the building and the box. The landing was rather soft. Before I jumped, I hadn’t pay much attention to what was inside.

 

In fact, it seemed like clothing and personal belongings, for the most part. Luckily, the cash was translucent, so I could see the intruders wander around the room... And, in my opinion, I was too small and too well hidden, so that he sees me...

 

"- Why are the KKlub members and you are afraid of Leo?"

"- Because we respect him, and that's normal. You're not afraid of him, Eugenia?" reply the other.

 

Now, I knew a name. And she seemed to be a girl. With a very serious voice, which could lend to confusion...

"- No especially, Paolo... It's to protect your sister, is not it?" said Eugenia almost making fun of him.

"- No, I do not care about my sister... Just because you're his sister, you do not see him as we see "he replied, revealing me key information.

 

Eugenia was Leo's sister! The famous... I wondered if Jordan knew who she was. Jordan seemed to know some interesting things about Leo.

 

I haven’t seen them yet, but I heard them go around every room to find me.

"- Why did you bring me here with you?" asked Paolo, apparently confused about reasons for coming to my home.

"- You'll be the scapegoat, in case we get caught," Eugenia replied, mocking a little bit of him.

There was a blank without a word. I think Paolo was digesting the news.

"- Are not you upset about that?" Eugenia asked him.

"- No, it's okay, said Paolo, I'm at Leo's orders, so yours." he said, convincing himself.

She chuckled, apparently amused by this statement.

"- Well, then let's find this beast so that I can punish him."

"- We do not bring him back?" Paolo asked, almost surprised.

"- No, he must not disappear so early. Leo would be surprised. He does not want any problems this year. Well, if we do not ask her, obviously... "she said, softly, as if she explained to a child.

"- What are we going to put him through?"

"- Make him understand that I exist…”

"- Why are you like that, Eugenia?"

"- I do not know... The influence of Leo, surely... You ask many questions, I think! Come on, let's go to the next room! "she tells him, starting to be annoyed.

At that moment, the door of Noemie's room opened. They appeared to me. I did not expect that!

 

Eugenia had mid-length, pink hair with black roots, and her eyes looked red fluorescent. She wore false contact lenses to change the color of her iris. She wasn’t strong, but its forms were not unpleasant. I guessed that Leo was her little brother because she seemed more adult.

 

Paolo looked less than two years old, maybe three. He had the hair coming down to the shoulders. He was a little tanned. His hair was blond brown. He was wearing a jacket brown leather, jeans and sports sneakers. He was wearing a pair of leather gloves. He looked like easily to a biker.

 

After entering, they began to search the room. Paolo looked on the bed and Eugenia turned to the wardrobe. She looked at the desk and then at the house. Suddenly, she seemed marked by something.

"- This house!" said Eugenia.

Paolo looked at her.

"- What's wrong with it?"

"- It's the perfect size for a guy of his size, and the door is open..." she says before crouch down to look inside.

And their eyes opened as early!

"- And?" asked Paolo

"- He was there, there are traces of footsteps through the dust, and there are a lot of them," she says, following the tracks through the plastic house.

"- And you think he's still here?"

"- Yes!"

 

My heart has accelerated. She knew I was close now! She truly knew how to follow the insects! Which, unfortunately, was my case for the moment. She started tapping her long black nails on the roof of the house.

A little scared, I decided to hide more deeply. I was swimming through the clothes. Then I have noticed that there was a hiding place. It was a size of a box of chewing gum. I slipped to inside, and I leaned against what looked like pieces of cotton. 

Here she could not notice me. But, for her part, she continued to stalk, like a dog looking for drugs...

"- Oh, you know, I always wanted my own little personal man, said Eugenia. I heard several rumors about you… Nick …”

 

I was terrified. She knew who I was, and that for a while! I did not want to know what would happen to me if I ever found myself in her clutches.

"- I know you're listening to me!" cried Eugenia.

"- Eugenia what's going on?" Paolo asked, frightened by her screams as he searched his wardrobe.

Suddenly, she became furious, as if she really expected me to get out of my hiding with a big smile.

 

"- I know you're close, Nick

! I'll find you and I'll punish you, right!" threatened me Eugenia.

The whole Karn family seemed crazy! I saw it through the hole I had dug.

 

In her anger, she looked down at the cash desk, which she had not searched.

 

Suddenly, I saw her descend dangerously towards me. She threw the lid, and she started to mix everything, to find me. She started throwing everything on the floor. But without success.

 

On my side, the box closed, while I tumbled inside. When she threw the box, I was zero gravity for a second before landing very violently. I could not move because the fall had been quite violent. My leg was very sore, but I had not fallen into the apples.

"- Eugenia, calm down, someone will hear us!" implored Paolo.

She slammed her fist on the desk. She understood her failure, and was upset, even more, by the words from Paolo. She turned her head toward him, wanting murder on his person.

"- Listen to me fucking teenagers: you're with me now! exclaimed Eugenia. I would not be controlled by a fucking 17-year-old virgin!"

"- Fuck you, said Paolo. You're only 21 years old! Stop acting like if you were a goddess!"

 

In an instant, she leapt, and she wrapped her fingers around Paolo's throat. He immediately used both his hands to try to breathe. She should be bodybuilder in everyday life.

Then she used all her muscles to lift him from the ground. It was scary!

"- You're afraid of what my brother can do when you disobey him!" Eugenia threatened. Believe me when I tell you that I’m worse than him! "

 

Paolo choked and gasped for air. Finally, she dropped it on the floor. He was at knees, coughing violently.

Eugenia did not like to get upset and to let herself be touched by emotions, but he did look for her. Her arms were shaking, and she turned to calm down. She was showing a steel face, but inside she was different...

Paolo managed to get up and he stared at her. Then she turned to the entrance of the house, apparently worry. She ran downstairs, looked through the kitchen and saw a car.

"- They are there!" said Eugenia.

"- And the little guy?" asked Paolo, with a bitter air.

"So much the worse! We'll see later! she screamed, helping him get up. Come on, I'm not going to drag you by the wind... "she tells him, before they leave the room.

 

I heard them go back through the window. They were gone... Whew!

Despite their departure, it was impossible for me to move normally. I had too bad... Knowing me in safety, I was reassured...

So I fell into a deep sleep, because of the pain... My situation couldn’t be worse…

 

Chapter End Notes:

Review, share and have a good day !