- Text Size +
Crystal fell forward as the bright light blinded her. She fell forward so fast her right boot slipped off her foot. She kept both of her boots untied since she got home, as tying and untying them over and over became a huge headache.

Speaking of huge. Crystal laid on the ground for a moment, giving a slight moan as she rubbed her eyes and her vision slowly returned. This floor felt… different. The fibers much bigger than before, with some crumbs around her roughly the size of soccer balls she hadn’t seen before. Before she even had time enough to process this something fell behind her. Something very large. Big enough to cause the house to shake a little on impact. But was it really the entire house that was shaking? Or was it…

Crystal looked behind her and couldn’t even hope to stifle her own scream. There before her was her now gigantic daughter, standing in front of her with her hands on her hips, the shrink ray in her right one, and a smug look on her face as she looked down at her now insignificant mother.

“Yep,” Barbara said, taking a step closer and further terrifying Crystal, “just one left. What to do with you.”

Crystal looked around panicked, to her left she noticed her boot that had fallen off. Only now it was bigger than her entire house and then some.

She actually did it, this was actually happening. Barbara had shrunk her. Now she was just as tiny, just as vulnerable as the people she had just delighted in crushing beneath her feet.

Speaking of those very things, Crystal watched as one seemed to run out of her own boot, seeming to just come out of nowhere from the darkness inside. It was a younger man whose clothes, or at least what remained of them were quite torn. He also seemed to have a broken arm, as he kept a painful looking grip on his left arm. He was probably one of the people Crystal had dropped in her boot and fallen down, on purpose or otherwise, down into the space by her toes or pushed himself against the edges of the shoe so he wouldn’t get squished beneath the previously giant woman’s sole.

Another distinguishing aspect of the man was the delightful little crunching sound he made as Barbara’s foot came down onto him suddenly out of nowhere. It was so sudden and so close to Crystal that she couldn’t help but to scream again and try to crawl back, trying to escape this new horror.

“What’s wrong, mom?” Barbara asked with a fake frown, “you don’t like it when the shoe’s on the other foot? Or I guess I should say… boot?” Barbara reached down and picked up her mother’s right boot from the ground.

Crystal got up as quick as she possibly could have and dashed for the open door. Her pace was pathetic compared to a single stride of her daughter.

“BARBARA!” Crystal screamed as she ran, “DON’T CRUSH ME! PLEASE DON’T DO IT!”

A shadow suddenly fell over Crystal, prompting her to scream and look up. Horrifyingly, she saw the bottom of a boot hanging over her, barely even moving. The bottom was spotted with blood and maybe a tiny body or two left in the crevices. Was Barbara going to step on her??? As Crystal looked behind her she saw Barbara’s boots, both of them still on the ground. So what hung above her now… was her own boot.

“Don’t worry,” Barbara said happily, “I’ll make it quick. And with you and Jake gone, and Dad always out on business trips, I’ll be having the house all to myself from now on. And don’t worry, I’m not gonna get caught, I’ll just tell Dad you two went to grandma’s place and shrink your car, then they’ll all just think you both ran away. See? Everyone wins.”

Crystal couldn’t believe what she was just hearing. Her daughter was going to kill her just to get the house to herself.

“BARB PLEASE!!!!” Crystal tried screaming out again, tears now streaming down her face as she ran, still making relatively little distance away and out from under the boot. It was hopeless.

A small chuckle could be heard from above. Barbara’s chuckle. She was enjoying even the death of her mother if it meant crushing someone smaller than her. She was even more sadistic than her mother. It was a chuckle of death.

“Bye mom.”

And just like that, the boot came down. Things became darker around Crystal and she was knocked to the ground. The weight fell onto her back and she felt herself getting pushed harder and harder into the dirty carpet beneath her. A rib may have cracked, but it was hard to tell in those final nanoseconds.

Barbara just kept giggling, holding back even more laughter as she pushed down harder on the boot, feeling the tiny snaps and crunches finally as her mother was no more. The whole situation was pretty hilarious actually. Here she was, her own daughter crushing her like an insignificant bug, honestly just so pathetic. She finally burst out laughing when she lifted the boot and saw the tiny red stain that was all that was left of the person that raised her. She fell over onto her side as if it was the greatest joke in the world. She loved it.

When she finally calmed herself down, another fun idea came to mind, and with it another smile on her face,

“Maybe I can do this with Dad too”
Chapter End Notes:

THE END

 

Don't forget to comment!