- Text Size +

 


 

"Well, gentlemen, excuse me while I finish filling in the documents"

And saying that, the notary turned to his desk, wetting his pen and beginning to write. The deal was closed, the money in Takun's hand and the contract in the hands of Grimm. The two gave a cordial handshake while the official notary of Greengate finished filling out the papers for the final signature, keeping silent.

 

Although, as was normal in their relationship, Takun own mind was forced to speak. "Do you think ... do you think what we have done is fine?"

 

Grimm looked at him out of the corner of his eye, preferring to close his eyes rather than start a deep conversation. "What part in particular?!

 

 

"You know what I mean!" Rubbing the back of his neck, Takun sighed. "Alter her memories..."

 

"Oh, that?" Grimm laughed softly, not wanting to deconcentrate the notary. "You make it sound a thousand times worse than it is. You said it yourself, the quadruplets were no different from their mother, and the people of the village preferred to recover their lives and their privacy before the security that the presence of Erin brought to them.

Erin is an interesting girl, and something inside of it tells me that it has great potential that I can take advantage of. She doesnt deserve to live conditioned by blaming herself for the death of people who hated her... So yes, I think we did well" With a snap of his fingers, Grimm made a card appear, stained with dried blood.

"But, as I told you, Grimm doesnt take two steps without taking care of his back. If the fault consumes you" Leaving the card on the table between them, Grimm crossed his arms over his knee, staring at Takun. "I can stop the spell before it is completed, and use your card to return the memories of the villa and this last half year... although it would be a pity, you should know it"

 

Takun kept looking at the card, doubting the way forward. In the end, the sense of responsibility of Takun was imposed, forcing him to reject the card, which vanished instantly... "You have to teach me how to do that... I mean, how do you make it appear? What kind of spell is that?!"

 

"I am sorry, friend Takun, but every great magician must keep his own spells until the moment of transmitting them is necessary! In addition, it is a very long spell, and combined more than 12 languages r03;r03;for its correct pronunciation! It's not something you can memorize in one morning!"

 

"And that's what you do in just the time of snapping your fingers?... Impressive." Takun looked at his hands, imagining how incredible it would be to possess such a skill. Unfortunately for himself, at no time in his life had he managed to listen to his inner magic. "And where do all of that things come from?"

 

"From my mansion, of course! For you to understand, the basis on which I wove this spell was the simplest long-distance transportation spell, touched up by me to be able to find any object of my mansion instantly-"

 

"Gentlemen" The notary interrupted them, passing the document. "All ready, sign both in your name to finalize the sale"

Two signatures and it was over, the notary saying goodbye before accompanying them to the door. Takun's wife was just outside the office, waiting next to the door.

 

"It's already done" Takun said showing the envelope with the money, which made his wife sigh relief. "I guess this is goodbye, Grimm?"

 

Grimm nodded, looking out the town hall window looking for Erin. "You will be fine? Do you need us to accompany you somewhere?" And although Grimm maintained a sincere smile, the adventurer couldnt ask more gods for a negative response, anxious as he had for a long time that he was not about to meet his new apprentice.


"We're going to pay for a trip in the Walker's sanctuary... so no, I dont think we need you anymore..." Takun's gaze was somber, his vision focused on the envelope with the money. "I've already said goodbye to her... so..."


"You dont need to say goodbye again if you dont think you can handle it"


"Take care of her... please. I dont know why, but that girl is unique... and I know she deserves a great future"


"A great future is what awaits her, because now she will learn from Grimm, the black shadow of Paradiso!" Grimm laughed as he made his way to the town hall doors. "You will hear from her again, call it a feeling that I have" And with a last handshake, the adventurer opens both doors, meeting the giantess sitting on the stairs of the building.

"Everything ready, apprentice?"Erin spun around, surprised by the sudden appearance.

 

"You could start saying hello! I was distracted writing in my diary!" Grimm couldnt help but notice the blog that Erin had stored in one of the sides of his backpack, a cover of a well-worked leather and with a pretty... curious emblem, engraved with metal.

 

"I didnt mean to scare you, apprentice" Grimm could not stop repeating it and smiling, each time repeated it only made it more and more real. "You have it all?"

 

Erin nodded, opening her backpack and casting an eye. "The fire ended up coming to the barn, but thanks to the gods my private drawer next to the mattress was intact. The backpack that you have given me has been more than big enough to store my 2 changes of clothes and my books, so the rest I have filled with a canteen, provisions..."

 

"That backpack was given to me by an old friend, and since I didnt know any giant I decided to keep it until it was put to good use" Grimm smiled as he reached the giantess, resting his hand on her shoulder. "I'm glad I kept it for so many years"

 

"Are you sure it's okay for me to keep it? I could buy one in the next city we went through..." The giantess didnt know how to look at her teacher, feeling guilty about being so dependent on Grimm in the last week.

 

"I dont think we'll stop much until we reach the border with Iiion, so consider that backpack your reward for completing the first of my lessons." Giving her a good pat on the back, Grimm went down the stairs of the town hall. "Do you need to go through the bathroom? Or can we start our trip?"

 

The giantess jumped up, looking at the town hall before denying. "I said goodbye to Takun last night, doing it again would only make me look like a baby"

Shrugging, Grimm began to walk, quickly reached by his apprentice. "And... where are we going? Last night you already said that we would go to the border of Paradiso with Inferno, but I'm not sure about the... you know, why are we going there?"

 

Making his helmet appear, Grimm stopped in the middle of the road. "I'm sure you are a smart girl, apprentice: Tell me what is on the border between both continents"

 

Erin crossed her arms with her eyes closed, trying to remember the school lessons. "Well, as far as I remember it is a barren and semi-desert zone, but I must point out something... you have the neutral city between the borders of Paradiso and Inferno, the crossing of the ten kingdoms... I dont remember the name. Then there are the unknown Territories of the 'Palace of Axel the broken flame' and the 'Marble Canyon'... and I believe there is nothing else..."

 

"Not bad! Not bad, apprentice! Specifically, our goal is Fallrest, the one you have known as the crossing of the ten kingdoms "

 

"Why-" and before Erin could ask the question, a huge force made her fall to her knees, unable to move as Grimm headed towards her.

 

"As my disciple and apprentice, you have a series of obligations to fulfill, Erin. The first thing you should learn is that if you want to ask me about any of my decisions about the places I say we'll go... you should first ask if you can ask"

 

"That makes no sense! I have to ask if I can ask why? "Grimm nodded, smiling and turning around, while Erin stopped feeling the pressure on her shoulders, allowing her to get up again. "Okay... I can ask you if I can ask you why we are going to Fallrest?"

 

"No, not today!" And just as Grimm finished speaking, he turned around and started walking back along the road that left Green Gate. The giantess was completely motionless, stunned by the answer... she could only think again and again that Grimm had done it completely on purpose.

"Are you waiting for something, apprentice?" Grimm screamed in the distance, returning Erin to the ground. In less than a minute, Grimm had already left the city for a good 10 meters, forcing the giantess to run to catch up.

Something unusual for her, accustomed to its enormous size gave him advantage when walking with humans.

 

 

 


 

 

 

The sun began to set in front of them, filling the snow-covered plains with a color almost of fire. Grimm had not stopped walking all day, keeping quiet despite all Erin's attempts to start a conversation.

Although the giantess at first had used her maps of the region to orient herself, it wasnt long before she understood that Grimm was not following any concrete route, constantly deviating from the roads.

Her stomach roared loudly, constantly remembering how she had not made any stop to eat since they left GreenGate that morning... almost 8 hours of constant walking, Erin not daring or stopping to relieve herself for fear that Grimm would leave her too much behind. Erin couldnt stop thinking how Grimm, to be a human, was so fucking fast.

"It's getting dark... we must take shelter under some tree to spend the night" Erin commented casually, hoping that that was the time that Grimm deigned to respond. No case on the part of the teacher.

"Come on, teacher! We've been walking too long! Also, you're keeping up with me all the time, and I know that's not easy-"

 

"How tall are you, En?" The first words in Grimm's hours and turned out to be a question? It wasnt exactly what Erin expected to hear, that's for sure...

 

"About four meters and fifty-four centimeters, according to the doctor from GreenGate who checked me last night-"

 

"And how much do you weigh?"

 

The giantess turned red as a tomato, looking away from her teacher. "It's not okay to ask a lady's weight!"

 

Grimm stopped short, looking to the right side of the road, by the direction of his head (all day with his helmet on, on the other hand) Erin deduced that he was looking at a lonely tree in the middle of the plain. "As my apprentice, you must know how to trust me about all things. One more time: how much do you weigh, Erin?"

 

Erin sighed even embarrassed, seeing that it was not going to go well stop was put as it was. "Eight hundred and eighty-nine kilos... but I'm still old enough to grow up! It's a normal weight-"

 

"Age?" And the streak of uncomfortable questions continued, as Grimm began to walk across the plain toward the tree.

 

"Twenty years... although technically I am now nineteen. I will be twenty years old in six weeks and five days will have them in 6 weeks more or less"

 

Grimm was silent for a few seconds, beginning to talk as he made his helmet disappear. "We are going to assume that your height is only increasing a few centimeters every month until you are twenty-one years old, when the next and last stage of your growth should begin, taking you to seven meters in a period of between five and six years.

Currently and without having a measuring tool at hand, your legs should measure a little less than two meters and sixty centimeters, exceeding my height by eighty centimeters. With that data and your weight in mind..."

Grimm closed his eyes, beginning to speak and do mathematical operations in a low voice and at full speed, so fast that Erin was soon lost completely. "If I havent calculated wrong, the average is that your step covers a distance of one meter and forty centimeters, so walking you travel in an hour eleven kilometers and... now imagine me, a human one meter and eighty tall , having to walk at your pace constantly... "

 

"I dont follow you, master... what are you trying to say?" Erin asked innocently, suffering from Grimm's possible anger.

 

"Yes, I'm quite tired and I cant wait to sit down to dinner and sleep" Grimm smiled, beginning to walk back to the tree.

 

"SERIOUSLY?! You make me tell you my weight... something sacred to a young lady, just to confirm that you're tired?! Seriously?!" Erin cried furiously and indignantly, watching as Grimm sat on the ground a good 5 meters away from the tree.  "We shouldnt... take refuge? I am sure that we are still in the Hyalgan territories, so it will snow safely during the night"

 

Snapping his fingers, Grimm made pencil and notebook appear, beginning to write very concentrated. "The first thing is that I am surprised at how little you have been interested in knowing how much progress you make in each step-"

 

"It's not that I change anything knowing how much my steps cover... I'm a giantess, I know that all my physical movements are bigger than those of a human"

 

"I can understand your perspective, Erin, but you must remember that having all the possible information about your body will make you more effective in your life. The second point I wanted to address is that yes, we must take refuge because until late tomorrow we will not leave the climatic territory of Hyalgan... but if you want to spend the night safely, you must do it yourself!"

 

"Eh? How? There are not many trees around here to collect firewood for a shelter" Erin knelt next to Grimm, trying to look through the notebook.

Unnecessary act, because after stopping to write and make disappear the pencil, Grimm tore the page of the notebook, offering it to Erin. "What am I supposed to do with this?"

 

With a wave of his hands, Grimm pointed to the sheet. Written there was a long multitude of unconnected phrases scattered across the page, joined by lines between them.

"Begin your training" Holding a giggle for the expression of the giantess, Grimm cleared his voice, crossing his arms.  "You are my apprentice, arent you? Well, that means you must learn my teachings! So strange is it for you?"

 

"No no! Of course not... it's just ... could we start in the morning? It's getting darker and harder to read... read... what's supposed to be written here?"

 

"A spell created by me, specifically the one that will allow us to spend the night under cover! If you want to sleep sheltered from the snow, you better start trying to use it!"

Grimm slapped the air, the tree began to shake so abruptly that all the leaves fell to the ground, leaving the poor tree completely bare.

 

"Is this serious?!" And with only her teacher nodding once, Erin understood how seriously she was going. Beginning to read and looking for an initial link, Erin didnt stop finding inconsistencies, lines that didnt make sense or phrases repeated in different languages.

Combine the five main languages r03;r03;of Paradiso and Inferno to modify and add functions to a spell was the most basic trick that anyone who was willing to learn to channel the inner magic should know. (Regardless they were magicians, sorcerers, shamans, spellwound, etc)

Erin's problem is that there was no phrase that made direct mention of the material on which the spell was held. And without material with which to create the spell... the ship was rapidly sinking.

"Wouldnt you give me... a clue or something?" Again Grimm just needed a nod to break the giantess's heart.

"It's okay! I can discover it by myself! Erin Vegner has never surrendered to a riddle, and never will!" The giantess began to spin the sheet, turning it in all directions while looking for the right angle. Grimm remained silent for a couple of minutes, talking again when the giantess was defeated.

 

"So how fast does Erin Vegner give up?"

 

"Hehehehe..." The giantess laughed softly, before turning the volume up. "Give up? I dont know that word, master!" Wrinkling the paper and throwing it to the ground, Erin ran away from the tree, using her hands to find the right position.

Grimm didnt dare to say anything, completely surprised by the safety boot of the giantess. "I advise you to keep your distance, master!"

 

"Shoot without fear! I know how to defend myself!" Grimm laughed as he put his helmet back on, standing in front of the tree.

 

Erin raised both arms, taking a breath as she began to concentrate.

Long, deep breaths, followed by rapid exhalations to send magic from your heart to your head. Magic concentrated quickly, taking different forms while as Erin mentally was weaving the spell unknown to her.

"Let's go! As Dragos said, either go for it all or prepare to beg for your life!" Erin yelled as she threw both arms forward, palms open with the tree in the middle of them.

"Charme de glace: Crystal Crown Unter dem Nachtmantel" A crystalline vortex formed between both hands, beginning to spin rapidly as it released a chill wind stream of intense light blue, illuminating all the closeness. The stream was advancing at full speed, reaching the tree in a matter of seconds, surrounding it quickly.

After a few seconds the stream began to rise through the trunk of the tree, reaching the top and spreading as if it were a liquid, covering all the branches to fall back to the ground.

"Detto e fatto!" The giantess shouted at the top of her lungs, giving a strong slap that released a white wave that froze all the icy current; turning the tree into a beautiful light blue igloo, without any entrance, but completely covered and secure. "Am I or am I not amazing?! Yeah! This is incredible! How could you create such a spectacular spell?"

 

While the giantess continued to scream with excitement and piropear, Grimm approached the igloo, impressed by her work. "To be a first time... you've managed to get it out pretty fast! Although I dont see a door, and I'm sure it included opening between the phrases"

 

"I may... have left it aside because I didnt know if the door was going before freezing or after..." Erin rubbed the back of her neck, trying to get rid of the matter. "But you have to admit, it's been amazing!"

 

Grimm shrugged, placing a hand on the igloo wall and reciting silently. Instantly, a purple saw went through the wall, opening a door the size of Grimm. "Wait... I cant get in there, teacher..."

 

"I know" Grimm said as he pushed the amount of leaves aside, selecting the driest ones and accumulating them next to the frozen trunk.

 

"Mas...Master?" Erin asked softly, realizing instantly that Grimm wasnt going to listen to her. "Okay, it should not be difficult ... it's just a cutting spell with some concrete measures... if only I had a ruler or something-"

Before Erin could even blink, the giantess was right in front of the trunk of the tree. "...what?"

 

"A simple teleportation spell, dont act so surprised, please" Grimm said as he looked at the 3 piles of leaves, a proud smile crossing his face. "Drag the biggest pile to the other side of the trunk, apprentice. That will be your bed tonight"

With a snap of fingers, the pile of dry leaves began to burn, providing extra light to the igloo and the surroundings. "If you have to urinate or the number two, tell me and I'll leave the igloo a moment-"

 

"Teacher, I cant leave... my needs here all night..." Erin said red with embarrassment, squeezing her legs to contain the desire to pee that she had given him when she remembered it.

"I guess not, you're a civilized person... it's okay, warn and I'll get you out of the igloo when you need it" And at the end of the sentence, Grimm pointed to the door, causing the ice to close completely. "Dinner and go to bed whenever you want, I'll read for a while"

 

"Well, I need to go to-"


"First prepare your bed, then piss" Erin sighed as her teacher sat by the fire, making a stack of books appear beside her. Seeing that the night would be silent, the giantess began to work on making a pile of leaves the best mattress possible... a tough task, no doubt.