- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Addison comes home after a long and quite wobbly day.

 

+++

 

 

Addison gave a deep sigh as she leaned against the door of her bedroom after shutting it close.

Finally, alone.

This day was one hell of a rollercoaster. First, her escape from the clutches of Lindsy after almost two weeks. Then, the unexpected news about her aunt's passing. Choked on a freakin microscopic steamship after swallowing it whole. Where do you come up with that?

Kaiser and Wiggins was a vast imperium carrying significant weight and influence in the world. It was now left without its captain, its chieftain, its honcho whose task it was to course its vessel towards thriving economic prospects.

Aunt Cassadee's former partner, Albert Kaiser, deceased many years ago under suspicious circumstances. Some had strong reason to believe that Cassadee herself had a finger in the pie regarding Albert's sudden death. However, concrete proof to support this suspicion has never been found.

Cassadee bought Albert's business share, and the company became a sole proprietorship, with miss Wiggins being at the helm of it all.

Addison was surprised to hear that Cassadee had apparently scribbled her name down as the company's successor in case of death.
This queer guy, Dr. Goof, was appointed as interim successor until Addison reached the age of 18 and would be given full control of the company.

Addison was glad about that. It would free her from obligations like attending deadening board meetings and concocting future strategies for the company. Addison was the type of girl who loved to benefit from all things accessible in life. She was however, somewhat reluctant to work for it. Some would call such a person a freeloader. Addison, on the other hand, was more inclined to categorize herself as a hedonist, though.

Being appointed as the successor for a company like Kaiser and Wiggins gave her more benefits than she could ever dream of.

She would gain access to all of its resources, even the most confidential ones. She would have a hefty say in what to do with all of its size altering technology.

What would it be like to grow? Like many miles tall. Addison would definitely love to experience that one day.

She ambled her way towards the back of her room. It was a quite vast bedroom Addison had, the biggest one in the house. Her parents gave in to Addison's ceaseless whining a long time ago. She kept insisting that her room was far too small for exercising her hobby of managing her micro kingdom. She wanted to expand, and these cramped walls prevented that.

After many months of stomping feet and wailing screams Addison finally got her way and switched bedrooms with her parents.

Addison plunged upon her overly luxurious king-sized bed (also traded with her parents) and shuttered her eyes to sink into a pleasant slumber.

Her eyes peeled open when she felt something root in the side-pocket of her skirt.

Lindsy…

Addison fumbled in her pocket and presented a triumphant smile as she watched a three-inch tall Lindsy dangling there from her thumb and index finger. The fabric of Lindsy's shirt was tightly pinched between them.

Addison snickered as Lindsy seemed to experience a moment of discomfort while her armpits were being sanded by the fabric. With one hand comfy cushioned behind her head, Addison's eyes scrutinized tiny Lindsy with the interest of a zoologist studying some rare specimen from the animal kingdom.

"What are you going to do to me?!" Lindsy's little voice screeched as her body failed all frantic in a desperate attempt to gain a comfortable position.

Addison merely presented a smile. She brought her hand over her mouth, letting Lindsy dangle helplessly above her parted lips.

"I showed you mercy! I let you live!" Lindsy screamed.

Addison lowered her hand, causing Lindsy's flailing body to enter the dark moisty depths of her open mouth. Her body was halfway in now as it endured Addison's hot, steamy breath.

"Pleaaaaaase!" Lindsy cried now as Addison's teeth were slowly closing in on her now. "I'll-I'll put up a good word for you, to your, to your aunt. I swear! It'll make you a boss in no time!"

Addison's eyes flashed open as her aunt was mentioned. She leaped up and her eyes fumed while they zeroed in on little Lindsy clutched tightly within Addison's fist. "You do not speak about her. Ever again!"

She tossed Lindsy to the side, where she rolled and bounced on the bed.

Addison keeled over and reached for her backpack, lying on the floor between her feet. She zipped it open, foraged about, and pulled out a handheld-sized plastic dome containing a shrunken city.

Her eyes strained hard as she tried to discern the location where she was being held while in captivity. All these buildings were so ridiculously minuscule now. And all those people living there are impossible to perceive with the naked eye. Addison could hardly believe that it was barely two days ago that she lived there. Theresa was there too. Miss Packinmaker, the history teacher who is probably presumed dead by the public.

She was the only one who was there for me when no one else was. Addison pondered.

She wanted to make up for her, so she promoted her to the city's new mayor.

The first order Addison gave to the citizens was to tear down Lindsy's statue and replace it with a new one. A bigger one and more beautiful than its predecessor, with her resemblance. Addison's youthful face formed into a satisfied smirk as she saw no more sign of Lindsy's statue.

"Hold it right there!" Addison said.

Little Lindsy froze in her track as she was about to clamber down along the blanket sprawled out on Addison's bed. She fell backward, bouncing up and down when Addison's humongous upper-body crashed down right in front of her. She was utterly surrounded as Addison's massive arms slithered along, blocking off her path.

Lindsy swallowed hard as Addison's fiery eyes pierced down upon her.

"I-I was just going to- "Lindsy ceased her pitiful explanation when Addison granted her a look of disapproval.

"You know what?" Addison rose a finger. "I'm going to allow you to do exactly what you were planning to do. With one catch." Addison looked down with glee as she saw Lindsy's body reducing in size after she gave it the full blunt with the modifier.

Lindsy looked about in panic as she saw every fiber of the blanket she was standing on seemingly increasing in size.

"There." Addison stopped when Lindsy was roughly the size of an ant now.

"Go. Do what you have to do. I'll be back in an hour or so, and if I still find you in this exact same spot, well… lucky you, because that means you've chosen to dedicate your life to me and I will take good care of you. If not… well… good luck managing on your own then."

With that, Addison stood up from the bed and ambled off, leaving ant-sized Lindsy to ponder.

She walked her way towards her most precious possession, laying there sprawled out at the end of her vast bedroom. An extensive collection of some of the most progressive cities Caspivur had to offer, with soaring skyscrapers showing off their majestic presence among the urban low-rise. These thriving cities were once cream of the crop compared to many other major metropolises around the globe, radiating great attraction to those in search of knowledge, power and wealth.

Then, things started to change rapidly when the modifier made its entrance into the world. One by one, these mighty urban centers received the full brunt of it and ended up as a ridiculously tiny fraction of their former size.

Their once-imposing quality became almost laughable when seen in perspective to the eleven-year-old godlike brat looming over them through the glass showcase, whining, "Give me this one! I want this city, mom!"

Many great cities, including its populace, stood on the brink of entering a dark and desolate era in life when they all came into the possession of a spoiled teen girl named Addison.

Millions had to cope with the fact that it was not about them anymore. They were forced to accept their new place in life as a mere plaything for a cruel girl.

That was more than three years ago and they all learned the hard way to not defy her divine will.

Addison had taught them well throughout these years. In the end, they all accepted her as their undisputed Goddess. Their loyalty was not born out of love but out of fear.

She did not mind, though. As long as these pitiful Caspivurians did as they were ordered. And they certainly did.

A broad smile crept upon Addison's face as her gaze swept over the relatively vast micro-kingdom adorning nearly half of her bedroom.

It was the warm smile of a mother who was finally reunited with her long lost offspring. She had missed them all, and Addison liked to think that they had missed her too, their queen.

The whole civilization stretched out from one side of Addison's bedroom to the other. It was boxed in between three walls, with a long, translucent fence of roughly one foot in height closing them in on the fourth side. It was possible for Addison to move the fence, so she could always expand her empire if the need was there. The only limit regarding space was the size of her vast bedroom. The civilization now took about one-third of the area—all in all, plenty of room for expansion.

All three adjoining walls were impeccable white. To break the monotonous view, these shrunken Caspivurians were forced to look upon each day a projector was installed to the ceiling. It projected a lifelike image of a vast blue sky, soaring sun and drifting clouds included during the daytime. The time between dawn and sunset corresponded with real-time to grant them a natural day and night rhythm. After the orange/purple hue of twilight, the projector simulated the endless void of a pitch dark sky night, radiating its raw energy when the lights of countless stars managed to lit up thousands of shrunken roofs under a soft silvery blanket.

Its atmosphere was almost idyllic and serene. It made some Caspivurians almost forget about the perilous situation they were trapped in. It almost smelled like freedom.

That was until Addison's thundering giggle snapped them back to reality, making people shiver in each other's arms.

Just like Addison had boasted earlier, the whole civilization was already into a full stop when Addison loomed over them all in a majestic stance. They already anticipated her arrival. All knees touched the floor and all heads bowed down in deep reverence to welcome the return of their beloved brat Goddess.

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!