- Text Size +

Keith checked his phone briefly before looking outside. It was the beginning of a blizzard on that cold December 19, 2018 early afternoon. He sipped a cup of hot chocolate listening to the crackle of the fireplace in the mansion library. Susan sat on top of the round main table munching on a sugar cookie as Joseph entered the room. "Have a seat Joe" Keith said as he approached the table. The old man sat down crossing his legs. He lit a cigarette as Keith took his seat. "You told us about the fall, how they scattered, about Markus and his master plan, but you left out a few details" Keith said. "Namely that he's your son and you have some sort of arrangement" Susan said putting the giant cookie down. "It was not important to the main mission" he replied. "Don't give me that Obi Wan Kenobi crap. You hid it for not so noble reasons. You will explain yourself" Keith warned. Joseph tapped his cigarette loosening some ashes into a tray that suddenly appeared. "I see that nothing I say will change your wish to want to know. Very well then"

 

Joseph looked from his balcony window at the city below. Being a merchant and trader, he could afford such a place that towered over the capital. His wife Adona rolled over in their bed waking. "It's early. Come back to bed" she said. "Love, it's four hours since the dawn. It's not that early" he chuckled. He sat down and caressed her cheek. Her long black hair he pushed out of her eyes. Her skin was the color of fresh clay and her eyes like emerald. Suddenly, she got up and ran to the bathroom. Joseph waited patiently for her to emerge once more. "You alright?" he asked. "I'm making water for two" she shrugged. Adona was 8 1/2 months pregnant with his child, her first child at the young age of 19 which was slightly unusual but not more so than how she ended up with him. "Hard to imagine it's been a year since..."

 

"Since I found you in the market?" he finished. She nodded. "Do you believe in gods?" she asked. An interesting question for the man as by all accounts he was a god in their way of thinking. "I believe in that our lives are ruled by our decisions, not by lofty beings of power" he replied. "Sounds very reformist. Careful with that line of talk in this city" she said. "My views have already raised eyebrows. The fact I didn't eat or enslave you caused a few murmurs" he said. "Some from your son" she said. "Markus is young and swayed by those around him. One day he will see the folly of the Loyalists" he said.

 

The reformists were Lemurians that believed that humans had the right to freedom and equality, while the loyalists (called that as they sided with the beliefs of the council) that since humans had no magic talent, they were inferior and had no rights at all. This had caused a civil war that split the nation of Lemuria in two. In the west was the loyalists and in the east the reformists. There was no corner of the continent of Mu one had not heard of the conflict. Tensions were high as the reformists were eager to advance into Loyalist territory. All that stood in their way was a border town fortified with thousands of class B and higher magic users. From their location, they could rain down spells like cruise missiles for hundreds of miles.

 

"Can I accompany you today?" Adona asked. "That means wearing the collar" he said softly. "I know. I still wish to go" he said. Joseph nodded as he knew that she wanted to see the sky and handed her the collar. He watched her slip her toga on tying it as per the law. Human women were allowed clothing as long as it showed their breasts and vagina. The collar designated she had an owner and to whom like a dog's. "Put your sandals on" he said as she buckled the collar. "But it's forbidden for a slave to wear shoes" she said. "I will not have those pretty feet marred by loose stones" he said sternly. "I'm ready for you to shrink me" she said. "No. I will keep you normal sized" he said checking his satchel. Adona agreed but was worried as he was pushing it already as humans were not allowed to be their size outside of the home. Once ready, she stood at the door fidgeting. He kissed her and smiled before taking her hand and leaving.

 

They left the lobby of their apartment building and immediately got stares. "Carriage!" he yelled flagging one down. One did stop and saw his wife. "Shrink your bitch before getting in" the driver said. "She is my assistant so no" Joseph said. The man rolled his eyes and pulled off. "Told you this was a bad idea" she muttered. A small burst of power from Joseph made the back-axle snap on the carriage causing it to slump and skid to a halt. "Bad karma" he said to her. They forgoed the carriage and simply walked. It was nearly two miles of walking for them and even though with child, Adona was not tired. Quietly, Joseph replenished her stamina now and then. "Papers!" an officer yelled as they neared the marketplace. Joseph knew what she was asking for and handed them to her. "Special dispensation as she is a worker. And the child in her belly?" she asked. "Not mine of course. Part of a breeding. I plan to sell the offspring at a good price" he said. "No offense but many have broken the law regarding breeding with humans. I have to run a check" she said before using clairvoyance to peer into her womb. Adona held her breath with fright with good reason.

 

Reformists believed in breeding with humans and of course loyalists saw it as an assault on their culture as the offspring had half a chance of inheriting magic ability. Either the breed meant a half human had magic akin to their own or a half Lemurian didn't.  Either way it was not good for them. Those that were found to have impregnated humans were jailed after being made to eat the human female alive. Lemurians that were knocked up by human males were forced to eat the male just before the unborn child was terminated. Needless to say, more than a few ran to the east when they discovered a child on the way.

 

"Nothing unusual right?" Joseph asked using magic to cloud her mind while at the same time slipping her a gold coin. "No, nothing...unusual" she replied. She handed him back the papers and sent them on their way. Joseph began making his stops at shops and dealers. While they didn't share his openness about humans, they did respect him as a businessman. Even with the rise in prices due to the war, he never gouged anyone. He was flexible with payments and more than once acted as a middleman for products he didn't carry at no charge. Truthfully, he had no need for money. A snap of his fingers provided food, water, clothing, and housing if he so wished. But living among mortals meant mortal lifestyle. "Thanks Joseph. If it weren't for you, I couldn't afford this week's wheat shipment" a woman said. "Don't worry about it. Just keep hooking me up with sugar and salt and were more than good" he said back. The woman glanced at Adona. "Is that yours in her belly?" she whispered. "You know the law" Joseph said. "Yeah and I'm still asking. I don't care if it is" she said. Joseph silently nodded. "Just be careful. Not many around these parts are as openminded as you and me" she said.

 

Joseph glanced at the table behind the woman. A teenage boy shrunk down quietly sat counting coins. "You're not keeping him human sized anymore?" he asked. "There's been talk of thieves scouting human slaves for breeding in the market. Since he produces fine seed, I'm worried someone will rob me of him" she replied softly. "Isn't there enough humans in the slave market for that?" Adona asked. They quickly looked at her to be silent. Humans were not allowed to speak in public. "She asks a good question" he said. "It's more profitable to steal the ones grown here than out there. Malnutrition and poor hygiene makes the outsiders...less quality" she replied. Joseph could only nod to that. It was a sick irony that humans allowed to live (as in surviving) there had a longer lifespan due to better food, clean water, and baths. 

 

Joseph nodded goodbye and went about his business. He made four other stops making deals and exchanging money before something ominous caught his attention. He suddenly turned his attention east as he felt a massive burst of magic. A burst more powerful than he had felt in thousands of years. "Something wrong?" Adona whispered. "Nothing. Nothing at all. Let's get lunch" he said. He sat at an outdoor table making his order while his mate sat dutifully on the ground. Adona occupied her time pushing pebbles around with her finger while Joseph tapped his foot in deep thought. Whatever was east he couldn't see which made him even more worried. The waiter came with his food and Joseph pulled some meat off the bone to hand to her. He didn't like treating her like some pet, but the law was the law. It was probably better anyway as the restaurant catered to serving shrunken humans alive. He did not wish for Adona to see the young woman sitting to his left dunking a man in her meat sauce before slurping him into her mouth and swallowing.

 

She moaned as she felt him travel down her throat. This had gone on for several minutes with others on her plate until she speared a young human boy with her utensil. Joseph grit his teeth as the preteen screeched. "Enough" he muttered waving his hand. Controlling the water in her bladder, he made her piss herself. Embarrassed as hell she left and he watched as the waiter chased after her with the check. Joseph pondered if it was a good thing to even try out his experiment creating these people. Not The first time at all but like last time he needed to see if they could solve their own problems. This train of thought was broken by the ground shaking. People stopped eating and watched as tables, glass, and the very people shook. Then, it stopped. People murmured and went back to eating.

 

Not long after...

 

"You didn't have a good time" Joseph said taking his sandals off. "That easy to see?" she asked doing the same thing. "You purse your lips when you're upset" he said. "I just get tired of not living. Walking around half naked. So much bullshit because I'm not a few inches tall. Strangers scoping out my fucking womb! I just want to feel in control and not so helpless" she sighed. Joseph took off his clothing. "Take off yours" he said sitting on the bed. She wanted to object but saw a serious look about him. As soon as she finished, he shrank himself down. "What are you doing?! It's forbidden by law to be smaller than a slave" she said. "You know you are no slave in this place" he said. She looked nervous. "You have full control. You can do anything to me. Any...thing" he said to the pregnant giantess. She bit her lip anxious. She swung her legs onto the bed lifted her feet above him. "Oh, so you want to start off...

 

"Shh. Just bear with me. That's it baby. Smell, them, rub them. Fucking worship them" she muttered gently pressing her sweaty soles onto his body. This went on for several minutes as he kicked the underside of her toes. She took them off him and picked him up. "Do you want to meet our baby?" she asked. He glanced backwards at her crotch. "Uhh...I know I said you got control but that might be a little much" he replied. "I'm kidding. But you are going to drink of me" she said placing him on her left breast. A few squeezes and she coaxed some breastmilk out of her nipple. He began to drink her sweet milk as he happily laid on her breast. His small cock poking her soft, fatty, tit flesh. "Did my master like it? Did I taste good?" she giggled. She pulled him to her face. "It's that for me?" she asked before sucking his tiny dick between her lips. She held him steady as the tip of her tongue played with it while she nursed him to a nice cum. She smiled as she tasted his little seed landing on her tongue. "You're being pretty tame seeing..."

 

He was cut off as she jammed him into her mouth. Adona lowered her hand to her pussy and began violently fingering herself as she sucked on her lover's body. With an orgasm so sheering, her breasts squirted milk into the air...and swallowed Joseph alive. "By the fucking gods...that was...oh no. No!" she yelled getting up. Adona was on her hands and knees jamming her fingers down her throat. Seconds turned into five long minutes before she puked him up. "JOSEPH!" she screamed at the still form on the floor. Joseph coughed up the bile in his lungs and unshrank himself. He gave her no mind as he went to the bathroom. Her blood ran cold. Surely such a thing as a slave eating a Lemurian was punishable with death and since she was wracked with guilt, she felt no heed to beg forgiveness. Joseph emerged from the bathroom minutes later still wiping his face clean, his body was no worse for wear solely for the fact he could easily heal himself. He looked at his mate with her head to the floor. Her milk still dripping from her nipples. "Raise your head" he said.

 

She shook no. "I don't deserve to look at you. For what I've done merits death. You gave me your trust and I betrayed it" she said softly shaking. He touched her head and she whimpered like a frightened animal. "It was an accident. We've been together for a year now. Surely you know by now you are not a slave to me. So why do you prostrate yourself as one before me?" he asked. She did not answer. With a simple gesture, he floated her onto their bed. "We can go east. Where we can live as family. We can be bonded before the gods" he said. She looked at him with wide eyes. "You can't. People depend on you and Markus..."

 

"What about me slave?" Markus asked entering their room. He looked at them in disgust. "Defecting...even the thought of it is treason. You will be brought in chains father, and as for your fuck slave and the abomination in her belly, well I'll do my duty and eat them" he said coldly. "You said you would no return to this place. Have you come just to frighten a woman who can do you no harm or per chance something meaningful?" Joseph asked. "I came to tell you I will be officially assigned to Lady Ophiuchus to spearhead the counterattack in the east" he said. "Counterattack?" Joseph asked. "Have you not heard you old fool?! Reformists have destroyed the main base guarding the border with high tier magics!  They have already taken the region of Ballic!" he yelled. Markus huffed and activated the magic powered InfoVision. A floating screen appeared on the dresser.

 

"Again, we will play the memory playback of a survivor of the cowardly attack by the Reformists at Senda Pass" the newscaster said. "Don't you just love this scenery?" a young man asked. "It is impressive how it slopes right into the town. What's that?" a woman asked. The scene shows something running to the gate of the town. "Is that a woman?!" the man asked. "That's impossible! She'd have to be 200 feet tall easy! The gods! She crashed through the gate even under that fire!" the woman yelled. "She's holding something. AHHGH! Don't look at it!" the man screamed as a brilliant flash of light filled the screen. The vision was blurry as it cleared. "Aden...what was that...what is this?!" she yelled as a mushroom cloud grew into the air. "It's burning everything and it's coming this way!" he yelled. She watched as he made a translocation gate. "I love you" he said as he pushed her through. "ADEN!" she yelled as she tumbled out in an unknown location not too far away. She stood on a mountain as the ground began shaking. She could see where she had been by the tall tree she and her husband where eating under. It was nothing but flames now.

 

"The council has already launched an inquiry into the types of unknown magic used. Two hours ago, the Secretary General has called for the forces stationed around the capital to mobilize. Gods speed sir and make the bastards pay" the newscaster said. Joseph stared at the floor in disbelief. He had sensed the detonation this morning. That was what made him look eastwards. It was also what caused the earthquake that afternoon.  It just took time for the shockwaves to travel through the crust. Joseph needed no inquiry about what magics was used. The blast was a nuclear detonation. A pure one that had no fallout. He had not seen such a thing for 40,000 years. Not since that horrible day they burned the world. And that was by no means they only worry for him. The council had seen it. A council that shared Etherion among them.

 

Etherion was the highest Mage tier possible. It connected the user to the source of all magic and through it had virtually no limits on what it could actually do...other than one's own imagination and physical laws. One couldn't just create a nuclear bomb out of thin air, but one could use magic to fuse the hydrogen around them to make one. As long as you had something to work with and a good imagination, an Etherion user could remake the world. Now they had seen a nuclear detonation and that a true giantess was possible, it was only a matter of time before they made use of it.

 

"Well old man?" Markus asked. "This will only lead to ruin" he replied. "You make me ashamed to have your blood. By your treacherous sympathies for them....and the fact you betray my mother's memory with this lowly thing" he spat. "Do not sully her name tonight" Joseph warned. Markus' mother, Joseph's earlier wife had died in an accident two years earlier. A devastating thing for the teen boy who had still not come to terms with the loss. It wasn't long after he interned with Lady Ophiuchus. In a few short months, he made a name for himself a magic prodigy. Of course, that had to do with him being the son of an ex Etherion user. Joseph didn't approve of any of it and the boy moved out. They had not gotten along since.

 

"I came only to tell you where I'm going. Dirty your own name. Mine will shine" he said roughly as he left the room. "She only wants you for your bloodline! She cares not of your feelings!" Joseph yelled. The main door slammed shut. "She still loves you or he wouldn't bother to tell you he was being deployed" Adona said. He didn’t say anything as he went into the bathroom. He ran the shower. "Join me. You did make me unpresentable" he said softly.

 

Joseph laid in bed not able to sleep. He had seen firsthand the horrors of magic run amok and now his son was heading to the front. Something he as a parent dreaded. Even by this time he had sired hundreds...no thousands of children and by mixed grace, all had died of old age. None by violence. Whatever crossed words he had with Markus, he still loved him. Held him as an infant. Smiled as he took his first steps. Proud as he used his first spell. But he saw this conflict taking him away. His hand rubbed the bare belly of his mate that slept beside him wondering what world that one would enter in.

 

6 months later...

 

Joseph walked through the market with his sacks of food. Virtually no shopkeeper remained now. Food shortages and drafts had cleaned most of them out. The war had gotten considerably worse now as skirmishes had led to full on battles leaving charred giant corpses with normal ones strewn about. The news was heavily censored but talk of those that came back said enough. The loyalists were losing. Both sides had used growth magic when possible and the most exceptional nuclear magics. Joseph had quietly studied the problem and came to understand some things. First, only one in 5,000 was good enough to pull off a growth spell. And then only 10% could sustain it for more than a few minutes. And as for nuclear magics, one in 50,000. Still though that was enough to leave over 100,000 dead by this point. And once peaceful towns and villages dotting the continent was a sizzling graveyard. One would think the loyalists with the council backing them would simply obliterate them in a week's time.

 

No, the council had not moved from the capital nor had it deployed its most fearsome mages to the front. Joseph knew why. The villages were sacrifices for the purpose to wear down the enemy. And as soon as they got close enough...annihilation. A tactic old as time even back then. The ground shook again. Earthquakes had become more frequent and mostly natural. He heard a whimper in an abo add food stall. "Hello little one. You're all by yourself, aren't you?" he asked the young boy. The boy looked at him frightened. Joseph gave him an apple from his pack. The boy devoured it in seconds. With a gesture, he shrank the boy to less than two inches tall and plucked him up. "Don't struggle. No harm will befall you. I will bring you to a place where you will have food to eat, a bed to sleep on, and those who will love you" he said dropping him into his pocket.

 

 He sighed as he steadied his pack as he had more pressing concerns this evening. He made his way home and arrived just before sunset. "Welcome back" Adona said as she sat in a chair breastfeeding their child. He nodded silently as he looked down at his feet as he made his way to the kitchen. "Don't worry. They're all playing in the play area" she said. In The last few months, the war had created thousands of orphans, many of whom fled to the capital in hopes of food and water. With the infrastructure in such disarray and well as the economy, nobody was trying to feed a child not theirs.

 

Joseph had taken it upon himself to shelter the children he had found. He bought the penthouse on the top floor and changed it to suit his needs. Upon doing so, he shrank the kids down so all had room to live there. In The first week there were 20, the second 50, the end of the month, 100, and by now nearly a thousand. They had their own areas to be in where he and Adona didn't have to worry about crushing one under their feet.  Joseph took his sandals off before going over to them. "Hi papa Joseph!" a bunch yelled. He chuckled looking at the tiny kids waving at the giant. He reached into his pocket and placed the boy from earlier before them. The boy was terrified until he saw children just like him. Joseph looked into his mind for a second. "This here is Aden. Say hi to him" he said. They collectively said hi. "Briaeros. Be a good boy and help Aden get showered and clean clothed" he said to one of the older ones. The teen boy nodded and led the confused and nervous boy to the showers.

 

Joseph had taken his time making sure they had what they needed. Real showers, toilets, beds, clothes, toys, but most important love. He knew each and every one of their names and made time each day to play with them. Even using his own body as a jungle gym. Yes, life was harder, but he found joys in them nonetheless. His makeshift orphanage was a macrocosm of what his dream was as there was one peculiar fact about it. Some kids were human. Human, Lemurian, and hybrids all got along happily in this penthouse. Most human kids there ended up coming in one day. Joseph had stumbled upon a most despicable thing in the market two months prior. Humans had been sold as slaves for a long time by then but with food shortages abound, it was only time that they turned to humans to help with that. Forced breeding, aging magic, and rich customers had created a horrible cycle of atrocity. Joseph permitted himself the satisfaction of killing them all in a fire and liberating the kids in the cages. He couldn't abide anything else.

 

Joseph looked down on one particular boy that always played alone. He was one Joseph couldn't figure out how to help. He had found him that horrible night like the others and as the others began to learn of a life other than food, this one had not. He was older than the others. 14 or so and didn't talk. As the weeks went on and saw no improvement, he was curious enough to look into his mind. What he saw broke his heart. Fabian, as he was called once, was a stud. His job was to impregnate girls so the offspring could be aged and sold off as food. He had seen his own kids eaten before him and worse yet, some of the kids around him where actually his. No wonder the boy was broken inside. Joseph sorely wanted to extinguish what he had created right then and there, but the irony was he didn't have the power to anymore. "What are you drawing today?" he asked the tiny boy. The boy didn't answer as usual. He squinted to see a picture. Joseph placed him and his drawing in his hand. "It's uhh...pretty" he said. The picture was odd. Brown at the bottom, blue in the center, and deep red at the top. Whenever he held him close like this, he could sense the boy was unique. A uniqueness that only added the need to love him more. He kissed the boy and placed him back on the floor. "Just be ready for dinner" he said. Joseph returned to the kitchen.

 

He hummed to himself as he began boiling the water and peeling the potatoes. "How many does that make?" she asked. "977" he replied. "And not one word from the council about the state of affairs?" she asked. "You see the same stuff I do" he replied. Joseph cut up some dried meat and added it to the stew. "I can take over watch tonight. I can see you're tired" he said looking at her. "I don't mind. I enjoy watching them sleep" Adona said smiling. "Make sure none of the older ones have sex. We're pushing it as it is" he said as he stirred the pot. "How are you finding food? I can see from up here the lines are insane" she asked. "I know a few guys that take pity on an old man. The soldiers let me cut" he replied. "They give you fresh food while the others get stale, rotting, and lanky rations?" she asked. He put the ladle down. "Yes dear. Any other questions?" he asked sternly. She shook her head quietly. She knew he was lying.

 

The best food went to the commissioned officers and trickled down from there. By the time it got to the citizens, you were lucky to have bread you could actually chew. Joseph poured the stew into ten shallow bowls and placed them one by one in the kids' area. The older ones helped the smaller younger kids eat first. "Is it yummy?" he asked chuckling.   The inch tall or so children smiled at the giant. Adona and Joseph ate at their table while their daughter slept in her bassinet. A small tremor shook the penthouse for a moment. "More frequent" she muttered. He nodded. She asked for salt and he went to give it to her. She took it from his hand but he held it so she could not pull it back. "What is..."

 

"Your skin is paler than last month" he said looking at her palm. He caressed it. "Too dangerous for me to go out" she said. "I'm sorry" he said. "It's not your fault I can't leave" she said. "No. Not that. All of it. We should've left six months ago" he said standing up. He walked over and knelt at her bare feet. "I wanted more for you. This is too much a burden for a person, especially a mother" he said. He touched his forehead to the top of her right foot and quietly cried. "Master...my beautiful Joseph. These children would have starved to death long ago if it wasn't for you. And the humans? Far worse a fate. I take joy in caring for them. It is no burden to me. Get up off the floor. You can prostrate yourself at my feet later" she said. He got up and she pulled him close. "I wish to mate tonight, and I promise I won't eat you this time" she chuckled. He kissed her and went back to eating.

 

Adona hummed to herself as she painted her toes. "I hope you like red" she said. "Are you going to use gloss?" he asked as he washed dishes. "Silly master. You're going to polish them with your tongue" she snickered. "And if I do that, I might be too tired to lick your pussy" he warned. "On second thought, I'll apply some gloss" she said. "Hehe...thought you might change your mind" he said. His smile washed away as he sensed a presence approaching. He rushed over to the bassinet and shrank it down quickly. "What's wrong?!" she asked worried. "We got company and not the friendly kind. I'll hide the baby while you warn the kids" he said. The kids nursing full bellies were lying about laughing and talking. Then the giant feet of their giantess foster mother stomped over. "We have visitors coming. You all know what to do. No talking, no running, no screaming. You do exactly as papa Joseph say's and remember we love you all" she said. She glanced at him as he hit the four-inch bassinet in a sugar jar. He rushed her over to him so he could shrink her down to the legal three-inch human allowed size. Since the food shortages, humans were no longer allowed to be their size even at home. There was a knock at the door. Joseph opened it.

 

"Good evening fellow loyalists. To what do I owe the honor?" he asked the two MP's at his door. "Cursory inspections" one said as she pushed past him. A younger man walked behind her. Joseph sensed three magic users around him but saw only two. The woman, 20 or 21 was a high level one. The young man, 16, was mid-level but the one he could not see was way above even the woman. Joseph began to sweat. The woman searched his cabinets and refrigerator. "Are you complying with the food regulations?" she asked. "Absolutely" he replied. "Funny. Witnesses say they have seen you carrying grade b and above food while you have been assigned class c. Explain" she said grimly. He couldn't tell the truth to her for the same reason he hadn't told Adona. "That's easy. I'm such a high-level Mage I can transmute that rotten ass moldy food into premium shit" he inwardly thought. "That's easy. I thoroughly wash what I get while at the market. You'd be surprised what a good scrub can do" he said. She saw the pot of stew and sampled it. It was good but not spectacular. She shrugged. Joseph was grateful he didn't use good meat this time.

 

She looked at Adona. "A human slave? They've become rare" she said as she walked towards the table where the tiny woman stood. She grabbed her up. Joseph felt his heart beat faster. "She's in excellent shape but clothed?" she asked. He forgot to tell her to strip. "Half the fun in enjoying candy is to unwrap it" he chuckled. "I fully understand" she said as she tore Adona's clothing off. She flipped her upside down and parted her legs and ass with her fingers. Adona bit her lip as the giantess stuck her tongue into her cunt. She wanted to cry out in pain as the tip painfully wormed its way in. "She's tastes excellent. Would you be willing to part with her for 500 gold?" she asked. "Sorry but no. She's..."

 

"Ma'am. Look here" the young man said pointing right down at the shrunken kids. "What the hell is this?" the woman asked still holding Adona.  "I run an orphanage. No crime in that right? Didn't the state cut off all funding to them as well as any legal responsibility?" he asked. She narrowed her eyes at them. "There are human children among them! You would dare keep Lemurians shrunk alongside humans?!" she yelled as she snatched up a random child. The girl was no older than 10 and obviously oriental. He couldn't lie about her lineage. "Please. Allow me to explain" he said gently taking the girl from him. Joseph began a quick yet complicated spell on the girl. He held her between his fingers and used his free hand to lift her left leg. Exposing her tiny little bare sole, he pointed to a marking. "The human children are actually stock. The female you have in your hand there is my first breeder and some of these kids are her's. The rest were bought before the supply crashed. Ask anyone and they can tell you I'm a merchant" he said. "Hand her back to me" she said.

 

Joseph cupped his hands together just for a moment before dropping the 2-and-a-half-inch tall girl into her hand. "You have not been using your own seed, have you?" she asked coldly. "Of course not" he replied. She looked back at the whimpering girl before dropping her into her mouth. The giantess closed her mouth and sent the terrified young human morsel down her throat with a very loud gulp. Adona stifled a cry. "On the house right?" she asked patting her belly. "I'm sure we can come to that understanding" he replied. The woman nodded and left the penthouse with the young man. Adona broke into sobs until he hushed her sensing the powerful presence getting close now. "My officers say you're good. Hard to believe" Markus said as he entered. He glanced at Adona. "Where's the mongrel that grew in her belly?" he asked looking. Joseph concentrated trying to block his clairvoyance. He found it exceptionally difficult. "We sold it off to a breeder months ago. Are you why they came?" he asked angrily. "I came because I got word of suspicious activity about a man matching my father's description" he replied.

 

"Worried about your old man or your reputation?" Joseph asked. Markus bent down very close to the shrunken children who were doing a really good job of not bawling seeing their friend eaten alive. "They're cleared and legal by your own people. Do no harm to them" he said. Markus singled one out. An older teenage girl around 16. He bent close to her. Close enough his breath moved her long brown hair. "Is it true you're just breeding stock? Hmm? What are you to them?" he asked probing her mind. Joseph had no choice but to control the girl. "I'm a worthless shrunken human slave only good for raping and eating. You wanna eat my tiny defenseless pussy master or gulp me right down?" she said. Joseph was sweating bullets as he feared he would take her up on her mind-controlled offer.  "Lucky for you, I'm on duty" he said standing back up. Joseph released her and she silently pissed herself.

 

"Don't you have bigger worries than your disgraceful father?" Joseph asked. "You mean the reformists? That rabble will soon meet its end" he replied. "Not from what I heard. They're barely two weeks march from here" Joseph said. "LET THEM COME! You think the council isn't ready? This month they have been working on new weapons to field. 12 devices of incredible power. Devices that even a class d Mage can use to kill an elite" he chuckled. "Sounds risky to give such power to rabble. Thought The council was smarter than that" Joseph said. "The devices are bloodline keyed to their offspring. And the last one, the most powerful one, the 13th will be given to me by my mistress" he replied. "You are a collection of fools. Nothing good comes from using greater power to defeat power. Your war has all but ruined this nation. Towns lie in ashes, more frequent quakes, a third of the population lies dead. And for what? To enslave a people who has done NOTHING to you" Joseph hissed. "Your war? You speak now as if you're not a Lemurian" Markus said.

 

"Leave son. Go back to your mistress and continue our destruction. History will decide who was right" he said. "History is written by the victors father" Markus said as he saluted and then left. Joseph could hear hundreds of them crying and sobbing as he took his daughter out of her hiding place and placed her on the table not far from her mother. "It's okay honey" he said extending his closed right fist. He opened it to reveal the little girl they were sure had been eaten alive. "By the gods Trina!" Adona said running to her as he put her on the table. "I did some sleight of hand at the last moment" he said. "But I saw..."

 

"An illusion. A very well crafted one I might add" he said. She held the girl tightly. "There there. Let the others see too" he said taking her away and placing her with the other kids. Joseph watched as they dog piled her delighted she wasn't a giantess' dinner. Adona was very quiet for the rest of the evening. He laid in bed petting the back of their baby as she came out of the bathroom wearing a simple toga and nothing else. "Beloved. I have been quiet about it for some time...but what are you?" she asked. "A simple trader and orphanage manager" he chuckled. She sat on the bed. "You are far more and we both know that. I have seen many of your magics but never the magic array in your eye like the others. That and how whimsical you cast spells says you have great power" she said. Joseph loved her deeply and saw it would be wrong to hide it further. "You know of the story of how the Lemurians came about yes?" he asked.

 

"Their god lifted them from the mainland and gifted them with magic" she replied. "I am the god from their stories" he replied. For a second she thought he was joking until she saw the look of ages past in his eyes. A look she had never seen before. She prostrated herself on the bed, her bare ass and cunt sticking up in the air. "You know not to bow before me" he said. "You are a god!" she said. "Gods don't make mistakes and I have made many. Under the excuse of free will, I let this war continue too long. Now I can't stop it" he said. She looked confused. "I gave away most of my power when I created them. The council is stronger than me and maybe one day...my own son. Now raise your head" he said. She slowly did. "I am unworthy" she muttered.

 

"You are perfection in my eyes. Eyes that look deep within me. Breasts that nourish. A vagina that gives pleasure and life. And feet that smell and taste of you. But most important, a heart that has an unfathomable depth for compassion. If anyone is unworthy, it's me" he said. He caressed her cheek. A sudden tremor broke the mood. The children cried out and she rushed to protect them. With surprising speed and accuracy, she caught pieces of plaster that fell before they could crush the shrunken children. Joseph comforted their baby. "That one was the strongest yet" she muttered. "I know. When I made this land, I made sure it was stable. I fear these quakes and this war is not a coincidence" he said. "Head to bed. I will be busy here" she told him.

 

Adona cleaned up the plaster dust as she looked out of the windows. Emergency crews ran up and down the streets. The cheaper, less sturdy homes had fared worse. "Shh. Sleep now. I will protect you" she told them as they tossed and turned. Caring for 977 kids took an hour just to tuck them in. Monitoring them was a full-time thing. Over a hundred would wake up each night just to pee. Dozens for water. And of course, some would wake up from nightmares. Tonight, that would be Fabian. She saw him tossing and turning violently and he awoke gasping. He looked down at his sheets and whimpered. The giantess could see a wet spot on his sheets where he pissed the bed. "Oh honey it's okay" she said plucking him up. She stripped him of his clothes and placed him between her legs before getting to work on changing his sheets. As stated before, all she had on was a loose toga, so the teen boy saw plenty of her giant pussy in the low night light.

 

Fabian watched her change them and walked right up and began fucking her giant cunt. "Gods! Fabian no" she said pulling him back. She sighed as she couldn't deny it felt good. He ran up and began fucking her again and licking and chewing on her folds. "I said no" she said pulling him back. He pointed to his sheets. "Oh. Oh honey you don't need to pleasure me because I cleaned it up for you. That's what mommies do" she said. He began hitting his head with his fists out of frustration. "Stop" she said picking him from the floor. He glared at her as he wagged his erect tiny cock. "I didn't know it was this bad. "The feeling you have for them is how I feel about you. Just be a kid. Play, laugh, grow up" she said. He was quiet as he stared at her. She kissed his chest. "You are one of my sons little one. Don't make mommy cry okay?" she asked wiping tears away. He held out his tiny hand and she brought him close. He wiped a large tear as it left her left eye. "...mom" he said softly. She put his clothes back on and placed him in bed. She petted him as she hummed a lullaby.

 

"And you say you're not worthy" Joseph said quietly. "You saw?" she asked. "Yes" he said softly. "Can we leave this place with them? Is that in your power?" she asked. "Translocating 980 at once? Not enough to be free of this city. And go where? I have seen what lies beyond and it a desolate thing. To even get to the mainland we'd need use of the gate system which is controlled by the military and the port is just as well guarded. Adona sighed as she looked at the kids. "Come to the bedroom. I will make you feel better" he said touching her shoulder. "Sucking my toes and filling me with your cock will not change what is coming my love" she said softly. "Then you shall not sit here alone with dark thoughts" he said sitting beside her. With a gesture he shrank her down before laying on the floor. "Was it necessary to shrink me?" she asked.

 

"Call it the whim of a god...and your husband" he chuckled as he placed her on his bare chest. He called himself a god and yet his heart beat just like hers. Loved just like she did. Worry as she did. What is a god except one that is more powerful than the other? If that is truth, then the line between God and mortal was thin indeed to her. She crawled up to his face and placed herself on his lips. She moaned slightly as she felt his mouth gently envelop her tiny pussy. Joseph played with her hair as he drank her juices. His fingers tracing her little body until he touched the soles of her tiny feet. She grunted as she came and then flopped on his nose. He smelled her sweet scent of womanhood and breastmilk. "Joseph. That story is over a thousand years old. How old are you?" she asked. "40,000 give or take a decade" he replied softly. She looks at the giant's eyes and could see a sadness in them. "You will outlive me in any regard won't you?" she asked.

 

He silently nodded. "Immortality is the cruelest thing about having power. You'll outlive anyone you even love" he said. "You have loved others?" she asked. As soon as she did, she regretted asking other than it being a stupid question to her. "Many others. And the children that came with that" he said. "So, you remember them?" she asked. "Every single one" he said. "...will you remember me?" she asked shaking. He put her back on his chest and peeled her toga off. "Yes" he replied. "Even after I am gone, and my bones are dust?" she asked. His finger played with her foot as he saw her toes curl around his fingernail. His finger went up the side of her body till they played with her right breast. A trickle of milk coated his fingertip which he licked off. A tear fell from his eyes. "...yes. Now and forever" he replied. She cried softly. "That is good enough for me" she said. They laid there until the sunrise. And what they saw did not bode well. Three 200 ft. giantesses in uniform walked right past their window down the Main Street carrying cases full of mages and soldiers. "They say if you see a giantess, the burning light is not far behind" Adona said. "Yeah, yeah they do" he muttered.

 

2 weeks later...

 

"Faster sweetheart! Faster!" Joseph yelled to his mate as they carried boxes in their arms. Their infant strapped to her back crying.  What Joseph predicted, what they all predicted was coming to pass. Very early that morning, reformist forces launched an all or nothing attack on the capital. A focused bombardment destroyed the eastern wall defenses before they streamed right through. The loyalists counter attacked almost pushing them back until high level mages struck from the air. Slowly, the loyalists were pushed back even as tremors shook the city. Joseph and Adona saw the assault from their home and decided enough was enough. Joseph shrank the children even smaller to the size of ants and kept them in a magical stasis to survive transport as he and his woman fled their home to the translocation terminal. They were not alone deciding this plan.

 

Adona stumbled as the strap on her left sandal broke. She quickly threw them both off and ran barefoot down the street carrying her two boxes of precious shrunken cargo. When they arrived, they saw the military preventing civilians escaping the warzone...except a choice few. It was clear the rich and powerful were being let in. Flash some papers and some gold coin, they were allowed exit. "Watch them" Joseph said as he pushed through the crowd after putting his boxes down. "You need to let these people through. This is a combat area and you have a duty to protect the civilians" Joseph told a guard. "You need to step back old man, or you will be shot" she said sternly as she pointed a glowing finger at his head. "Let me rephrase myself. You WILL let these people through" he said using mind control magics. "I... will let these people through" she droned as she stepped aside. "Captain! We are under orders..."

 

"Go away" Joseph commanded. The young man nodded and walked off. Joseph tore the chains blocking the way down and the people rushed to the platforms. He stood uneasy with Adona as they watched dozens at a time teleport to lands unknown. Very long minutes passed as the sounds of battle got closer. A series of thuds, tremors, and booms coming closer spoke of something else. There was a loud whine above them outside the building and a scream. Suddenly, the roof was smashed as a colossal body fell through it. People screamed as rubble and giantess came down. Joseph coughed and saw Adona and their boxes had survived (along with their shrieking terrified baby girl) but many had not. The giantess was quite dead with a burn hole through her skull. Another giantess standing above them all smiling and wearing a reformist battle robe was the killer. She reached down grabbing survivors and dropping them into her cavernous mouth. She noisily chewed them alive she saw Adona and Joseph and reached for them. Joseph coldly fired a beam of light from his entire palm right through her heart killing her instantly. She fell backwards demolishing buildings and anyone on the street. "Insanity" he muttered as he pondered killing a 300 ft. giantess who was barely a teenager.

 

Adona cried where she stood as piss ran down her leg. "The port. We have to try for the port" he said pulling her along. "They're supposed to be the good guys! How can they just eat regular people?! Just kill them like that?!" she screamed as her feet were cut by rubble on the street. "I don't think they even are aware of what they're doing. Growth magic is tricky business. It's not as easy as shrinking magics. You have to contend with stronger bones, heart, and brain functions. They rushed the spell. If I had to guess they're suicide berserkers" he said. She looked at him as they stopped after rounding a corner. She bounced on her knees to soothe their baby. "I've seen many a war. There's no tactic under the sun I haven't seen before. Come. At the very least I can create a boat and we can leave this wretched place" he said urging her along. 10 minutes into their run, (which was joined by several others) Joseph suddenly stopped. "This cannot be" he muttered looking at the flooded section of the city before him.

 

"Where's the port?" she asked. "Six blocks ahead so why is this flooded with seawater? There has been no storm surge" he said. Then a massive tremor shook the city and Joseph had almost no time to shield him and his family from falling glass. "Oh no..." he muttered as he saw the water slowly creeping up the street. "What is...JOSEPH!" Adona screamed as a brilliant flash of light far behind them made them wince. A huge tremor knocked him off his feet and then the over pressure of a small nuclear detonation raced through the street. From where they had been standing, the building had taken almost the entire force. Those not lucky were blown across the street like insects and were killed instantly. The building creaked and suddenly collapsed right on top of them. The last thing he heard her utter was a horrible scream before the four-story structure came down.

 

Minutes passed as his broken body healed. He called her name as soon as his throat and vocal cords reformed. A seeping pool of blood oozed out from under a pile of stone and rubble. "Adona...Adona?" he asked as he tore away the rubble. Joseph fell to his knees when he found her. The boxes they carried had been flattened underneath her broken body. Their baby...lost...simply lost. Her last attempt had been to save the kids and their daughter as she rolled to her side.  He closed her dead eyes and made a scream that could be heard for a mile. Long dormant power surged through him as he walked away from the scene. There had been a few survivors, not many at all that looked upon the old man crackling with power. With a forceful gesture, he parted the waters down the street. "Go" he muttered as he walked forward.

 

Joseph regretted sorely giving up Etherion. With it he could've revived her but with the power he had now, at best he could restore her body and that of his daughter but not their souls. Only Etherion could recall a soul from beyond. And even he was not as foolish to revive a person with no soul. It would dishonor their memory. Joseph's display of power had not gone unnoticed. He sensed a group of high-level mages closing fast on his location as he neared the actual port. Six of them, including a familiar commander, landed before him. "Markus..." Joseph mumbled. "I sensed a strong magic coming from here and I thought the enemy had chosen to invade from this direction. Fancy it being you" he said. "Begone. My only wish left is to see these people to safety" he said. "Not until they are fully vetted. Can't have spies or turncoats" Markus said. "Have you gone mad with the rest?! Have you not noticed what had occurred to the land?! It's sinking you little shit! Your insipid war has destabilized the entire continent! This street was under 40 ft. of water just minutes ago!" Joseph yelled. Markus' subordinates noticed the wall of water being held back around them. "A justified war. And what has been broken, the council can fix. Now stand aside old man. I won't ask again" he said.

 

"You have gone mad. Because one can fix something does not give the right to destroy it!" Joseph yelled. Suddenly, two giantesses with reformist robes trampled to them. Both around 160 ft. tall. "Surrender by order of the high commander!" one yelled. "I'm having a conversation here!" Markus yelled. "Last warning or no quarter will be given!" the other yelled. "Adet" he muttered, and a strange gold and silver ring appeared in his hand. It glowed as a portal formed inside it. Markus stuck his hand through and above them a giant hand as big as three city blocks appeared. His hand came down grabbing the two giantesses from where they stood and were lifted through the portal. Markus chuckled as he pulled his hand out looking at the astonishingly shrunken women in his grip. With a cold look, he squeezed. Their screams turned to wet gurgles as he crushed the life out of them. Markus dropped the mangled shrunken corpses on the ground and whistled to one of his soldiers. A woman tossed him a small hand towel to clean his hand of the blood and guts. Joseph couldn't believe that he had gone so far as to weaponize translocation magic. A portal system that changed the object's size as it moved through. The only limit was the users magic supply. Joseph saw the horror it could unleash on the world. Entire villages, no cities could be crushed flat with a single hand or scooped up like a plaything. He resolved himself to make the hardest choice he ever made.

 

"The commander said to step aside. NOW!" one of the women accompanying him said. She touched Joseph’s shoulder. The woman felt a force as soon as she did. She felt a pain in her chest as his body glowed. She tried to pull away and her hand didn't budge. She looked at it and tried to scream as her skin grew taunt and withered. "Release her!" Markus yelled pushing him. The woman fell to the ground stone dead. She no longer resembled a fit and trim 19-year-old woman but a withered husk. "Markus. I'm so sorry" he mumbled as he turned his body and shot his son through the heart. Markus fell backwards onto the ground. The survivors stood aghast seeing it all. He eyed the other two soldiers standing there terrified. "I can't believe you'd kill your own son" Markus said standing back up. Joseph looked at him unnerved as both his eyes pulsed with magic arrays. "Surprised? My mistress shared part of her soul with me and with it the key to the ultimate form of immortality. I don't die unless I will it" he said coldly as he raised his artifact. "Then Ophiuchus has made an abomination. Your evil cannot prevail!" Joseph yelled as he snapped his fingers. Markus froze in motion as he was engaging the Eye. He had frozen a pocket of time around him. One that would not last very long.

 

Joseph took the Eye from him, formed a translocation gate and literally kicked him through. The old man wheezed as such a display of magic was not easy. "What...where'd..." a soldier stammered. "Very far away at the bottom of the ocean. The crushing pressures will keep him at bay. As for you two..." he said until another even more powerful earthquake hit them. It lasted for several minutes and now barely any buildings stood. The ground itself had cracked open. But this time the waters did not creep up. No, they receded at lightning speed. So fast and so far, the port was fully exposed and the boats moored there sat on sandbars. He looked well beyond normal sight. Dozens then two hundred miles out and what he saw was the destiny of the land. "Fabian. My god boy...you saw the future" he muttered as he saw brown land, a massive wave of ocean water, and a red sky. The same picture the shrunken traumatized boy had drawn two weeks prior. He turned to the two soldiers.

 

"How many translocation terminals are left intact?" he asked. They didn't answer. "Did you see the water recede? A deadly tsunami is coming. One that will spell doom to anyone here including yourselves" he said. "Three. There are three left being guarded by our forces" one replied. "You two got a new job. Take these people and escape through the terminal. Spread the word for those to follow" he said. "We're just soldiers! Nobody will..."

 

"I will see to that. All will see what I saw soon enough. Now go!" he yelled. They took the survivors he had been guarding and ran back to the center of the ruined city. Joseph knew the council would survive this and had to stop them. They couldn't restart their plans for humanity on the mainland. He sensed their power to the north of the city. It was clear they were finally engaged in battle by the output. Joseph translocated to their position. When he got there, all he saw was horror after horror of Etherion use. People turned to dust, shrunk beyond sight, broken and twisted like toys for the amusement of the 13. Reformists fell back with each strike. None of the council had grown as if to make their killing personal, to easier look at their victims. Joseph looked at a teen boy running for his life until a beam of light turned him into water. A man tending to the wounded shrunk to the size of a flea falling into the open wound of a young woman. Joseph couldn't spare the time or energy to save him from drowning in her blood. He was too busy concentrating to make a shield. The most powerful shield he could think up. "Old man get back! Can somebody get this old fool!" someone yelled. Joseph made his way to the forefront and threw his shield up. The council was no impressed until they saw their own spells bounce back at them.

 

"How are you doing that?" one asked. He turned to the woman who asked. Her eye was swollen shut. Her face bloody and she held her side as she bled from it. "I need your strongest mages left right here and now. They cannot be stopped so we must seal them away in a place they cannot escape" he said as power irradiated from him. She almost rebuked him until she felt in her bones his true might. Joseph concentrated keeping the shield up which was slowly weakening. "S class mages. Only...only five" she said returning. "As I told her, we must seal these beings away" he said. "How? Any array we make could be broken by loyalists or simply time itself" one said. Joseph nearly smiled as he said time. "Then you need something timeless" he said looking at the first stars in the sky. "Is it possible?" one asked. "Asking is irrelevant isn't it?" Joseph asked motioning at the council who was furiously beating on his shield. They nodded. "Such a spell can kill you. Be forewarned" he said. "...we know old man" one said.

 

One by one, they began tracing the connecting lines to stars of different constellations. Just one was exceptionally draining but all 13? Joseph watched with a warm heart as one by one, a Mage came and donated his or her magic to them.  "I can feel it working! Keep at it!" he yelled as his shield began to crack. He looked at the sky and saw the constellations glow intensely as the fabric of reality began to distort and crack. A black void of nothing appeared and one by one the council was sucked off their feet into the gaping abyss. "The deed is done but your duty is not. I need three volunteers" he said as he produced the Eye of the World. "What is this thing?" one asked. "The most powerful magical weapon in existence. Too powerful for any one person to have including me" he said breaking it up into three pieces. Three stepped forward. "You do not know me and yet no hesitation" he said.

 

"You saved us all. Does that not merit trust?" the leader woman asked. "All? Stick a pin in that. Here" he said handing the fragments to three powerful mages. "Hide these in the corners of the world. Build defenses. Make it so it cannot be used for evil" he said. "Corners of the world? The terminals are under enemy control!" the woman said. "Not for long as I must make an announcement. Please stand far back" he said as he collected his energy. Joseph began to grow...and grow...and grow. 100 ft....200...500...and then stopped at 1000 ft. His very weight cracked stone which set off more tremors. A necessary thing though as far as he could see none had grown that big. It gave more weight to what he was about to say. He nearly wept at the sight of the once beautiful city in burning ruins and bodies littering the streets. Those fighting paused at the sight of the enormous giant and wondered whose side was he on. "Lemurians. The time of conflict has ended. As I speak, a tidal wave over two miles tall is rapidly approaching this continent it will not only destroy the city but ring the death knell for the continent of Mu. The council is no more for abandon hope of their help" he said showing their sealing by illusions in the air. He then showed them the vision he had seen earlier at the port. 

 

The wave was indeed gigantic, and it was speeding towards them at just under the speed of sound. Many wanted to refute his claim, but they had seen the cracks in the ground with boiling water seeping out of them. "The wave will arrive in 20 minutes. And the continent will sink in a day. There is no longer reformist or loyalist. It is simply Lemurian. Save who you can by using the remaining terminals. I am Joseph. The one you once called God. My final commandment...my only commandment...is to live" he said softly as his magical radiance filled the sky. With such a display, none could doubt him, and even if one did, saw no point in staying to fight. Joseph heard squeaking at his feet and bent down to pluck up whomever with his fingernails.

 

He brought it to his eye which its pupil was bigger than small swimming pool. "Why didn't you stop this if you are our God!" she yelled. Joseph recognized her as the commander of the small group he saved. "What is the point of free will if someone more powerful takes it away? Isn't that what you fought to protect? The freedom of humans and Lemurians alike?" he asked. "So many dead!" she yelled. "Including my human wife, baby daughter, and 977 of my adopted children. Your sorrow is not unique" he said. Her eyes went wide hearing what he had lost and due to her closeness to his eyes, she could not just see but hear the tears welling up in them. "I had such high hopes for you all and this is what your war had brought. I don’t hate you. You fought for freedom. What I hate is the gift I bestowed was perverted" he said. "What could we do in the face of Etherion?!" she yelled. "Win over the people. Hate will never conquer hate. Only love can extinguish the fires of hatred. Even if you fight for love, it still is love. A lesson that comes far too late but came it did" he said showing her the city. "Listen. No explosions or screams of murder. One people united under one goal. To live" he said softly.

 

"If what you say is true then the refugees living in the rural areas will die. There are no terminals there" she said hopelessly. He brought her to his mouth, and she feared he would eat her alive. "My beautiful little mortal. It hurts to see you so sad and yes, they will die for I have not the power to save them all...but I will do what a god should do. Give them peace" he said with but a whisper. He placed her on the ground and looked at her and all of them one last time before vanishing.

 

He was tired. Very tired. Still retaining his size, he shrank down to a more manageable 175ft. to conserve magic. And then he simply waited in the center of the continent. And so, 20 minutes had passed and he hung his head as he felt the wave hit the city. As they were his creations, he could sense the mass dying of them like he did many times before. It was as if one collective scream and then silence. A few minutes passed and he knew the city was no more. Joseph rested as he needed strength for one last gift to give. Hours passed and refugees began to head further inland to escape the rising waters. Waters that rose a foot a minute. Needless to say, not many at all could outrun such a thing. Some did though using magic powered vehicles and those came to Joseph. And once his clairvoyance had told him all that was still alive was within range...he cast his spell with a simple one word command "SLEEP".