- Text Size +
Story Notes:

So uhhh... this is my first story. Hope you guys like it!

     On a small town in the realm of Eran, morning broke. The people slowly rose from their beds and prepared themselves for their daily business, whether it be Innkeeping, Shopkeeping, Mercantile, or like most of the folks living there, Farming. 

     Horace woke up in his small little cottage followed by long, drawn out yawn. He sat up from his bed and immediatley the smell of bacon filled his nostrils.

     "Morning sleepyhead" said Louise"Breakfast is ready"

    Horace smiled and with renewed energy he stood up and walked to the Dining table/Kitchen. Louise put the sizzling bacon on two separate plates and sat on chair. Horace sat across her and scratched his chin looking at the window staring at his barren plot of farmland. He let out a long sigh.

     "Field's gonna need some workin to do today." said Horace "Let's pray to the goddesses that the harvest will be good this year."

     Louise smiled and said "Don't get all worked up on that. It'll gray your beard ten years too soon!"

     The couple laughed about their conversation for a while and held hands.

     "Let's pray"said Louise "for a bountiful harvest."

    "Mmm" grunted Horace closing his eyes to pray "Pray lots."

     The two prayed together in silence.

BOOM!

     A loud crash was heard from the distance. The water at Horace's cup rippled intensely.

BOOM!

     Another one, louder than the previous. Books fell from the shelves and plates crashed on the kitchen floor.

    "What was that?" asked Louise "An earthquake?"

     Horace grabbed his wife by the arm and led her to the door. "It's not safe here. This crusty old tool shed is not gonna hold!" Two more loud booms from the outside caused the couple to lose their balance.

     Eventually the couple reached outside. Another loud crash and with the sound of breaking wood their cottage collapsed into piles of wood and broken nails. Louise fell down on her knees and covered her face in despair. That cottage was the only thing they own and now it was just a pile of wood.

     "Goddesses help us!"screamed Louise as she silently buried her face to cry.

     Horace comforted his crying wife. But their troubles were far from over. Another boom thundered Horace's ears. Three more growing in intensity and power making Horace half deaf . The ground shook even more furiously until the last boom.

     A large shadow engulfed the couple the couple. Horace looked around and saw that their ruined cottage was also covered in the shadow. He turned his head and he saw that his field, all 30 acres of it was coated in a shadow.

     Horace scanned the area and saw two mountains that were never there before. He gulped and stared confused at these new mountains, taller than any that he has seen before. As the light of the shining sun rose and illuminated those new mountains. The color was not of green or gray that most mountains had. It's a weird flesh color that made Horace more confused than he was earlier.

     Horace stood up and walked a few paces towards the mountain ranges. There he realized that the mountains were divided into 5 hills. The smallest of the hills dwarf the tallest mountain in Eran by two times! The summits of which were covered in the whitest of snow. But unlike any other mountain in the world, he noticed a large column on the top of each mountains. Stretching up to 1... no.. 3... no! 5 miles into the air! The columns were of the same color of these mountains. Horace gazed up in awe at the size of those spectacles. Then the left mountain shifted. It's moving?

     The right mountain also shifted. Each of the hills were moving so fluidly and elegantly. Horace's mouth opened as the titanic left mountain rose up into the air a good 3 miles up before crashing down again closer to Horace and his grieving wife. The left mountain was now single digit miles away from the two. The right one followed and crashed beside the other mountain. Then Horace has come to discover the horrifiying truth.

"No..."said Horace getting up, having fallen earlier from the shifting of the monolithic mountains "It's impossible!"

     The titanic feet as Horace has come to realize it has now taken a few more steps in Horace's direction.

     The miles long pillars are what Horace has come to think were the legs of a very large person. The legs whiter than the fairest princesses of Eran. Despite their monolithic size. The proportions and delicate appearance of the feet made it seem that the owner of those feet and legs are a young female.

     "Get up Louise..." said Horace to his still sobbing wife "Let's praise our Goddess. The one who has given us life, and meaning to it! Behold her form in all of her glory! We are not even worthy of seeing her kind and beautiful face!"

     The feet are now dangerously close to them.

     "Are you seeing this Louise!?" screamed Horace "Witness the Power and Might of the Goddesses! Save me Oh Goddess! Save me from this wretched life you have given me and show me the paradise that even your sole can give!"

     The foot now loomed over Horace's whole farm. Horace watched in awe how insignificant his size is compared to this one Goddess. He cannot even see the where her foot ends as it covered all horizons. The light dimmed and dimmed until his body was crushed in the earth, unrecognizable from the great destruction that this one footstep has caused.

Chapter End Notes:

Woo! That was more time consuming than I thought! I'll describe Lynn in the next chapter(if there'll be one). Welp... hope you like it.