- Text Size +
Nick took a step back, his heart pounding and his eyes focused on the black wall before him. The last ten minutes made no sense at all to him.

Nick had answered an ad he found online for a job in the next town over. It said it was a “small position as an assistant to the office manager”, the pay was pretty good and money started getting tight for Nick, so the least he could do was apply. Within a couple days he was called in for an interview. Maybe there was actually something to this, he thought. He shaved and got dressed in his best grey business suit and drove to the office building. He waited only a few minutes at the receptionist desk until he was called in to meet the manager.

She was stunning, a tall, slender woman with rich brown skin and a dazzling smile. She wore a sleek creme colored suit with black buttons with beautiful black hair flowing past her shoulders. The top button of her suit, as Nick noticed, was left undone, giving him a good view of her cleavage and white bra. Below that was a matching colored skirt that went a few inches above her knees. Her legs were crossed, with her right leg hung above the floor, the back of her black stiletto heel dangled off of her foot exposing her bare heel. On her desk there was a silver nameplate, all it said was “Gallienne”.

Gallienne welcomed Nick in with a smile, gesturing at the chair in front of her. As he sat down he couldn’t help but feel intimidated by the taller woman that seemed to be looking down on him. The first few minutes went by like any other interview, she asked him how he performed under pressure and how well he expected to work under her. Nick felt it was going pretty well, that is until she told him to prove it. At first, he was confused at the request, wondering if she was planning on giving him a test on the spot, but she only told him to stand up and turn around. He did so, awkwardly, and heard papers shuffling as she rummaged around on her desk. Nick thought she was looking for a list of some kind, but what he didn't know was that it was actually a small white remote device. Gallienne's red lips curved into a sexy smile as she pointed the remote at Nick. When she pressed a button Nick’s body began to feel cold all over. Against the back wall, he saw a faint blue glow that seemed to be coming from behind him. He wanted to turn around, but a sharp pain in his spine and the freezing cold stopped him from doing so. All he could do was throw his arms around himself in an instinctive attempt to keep warm and close his eyes as he winced at the pain. The sensations lasted for only fifteen seconds, but to Nick, it felt like ten minutes.

When Nick opened his eyes again, something felt… odd. The wall he had looked at seemed different, much higher than before and the chair he sat in was missing. Not only that, but he felt much closer to the floor as if he were laying on his stomach. The air seemed cooler and less dense as he stood on the linoleum floor.

Suddenly, a thunderous crash came from behind, knocking Nick out of his confused state and nearly onto his knees. Finally, he turned around and saw something he couldn’t believe. Two large, rounded black objects nearly as tall as himself blocked were before him. The tops, or what he could see of them at least, were a sloping surface of rich brown skin. As his eyes kept traveling up, soon Nick came face-to-face with the grinning face of Gallienne.

“Hey little man,” she said looking down at him, “looks like you’re hired.”

He didn’t hear her though, all Nick could hear as he stared up at this now behemoth woman was the sound of his own heart pounding. All other noise and feelings were gone to him as fear enveloped his mind. The next feeling was in his legs as he began running in the opposite direction.

Gallienne looked down at the running little man and had a sense of satisfaction, the same feeling as if she’d bought an expensive new toy and found it working better than she’d expected at home. And this shrink ray was without a doubt the best toy she’d ever bought, it even gave her a new thing to play with.

Trying to not move her feet too much, Gallienne stood up from her chair, still eyeballing Nick as he slowly made his way towards the door. He’d only made it about a foot past his own chair when Gallienne, in one step closed the distance between them by landing her left foot near him. The shock made Nick spring forward and trip. Before he could even get to his knees another crash sounded just ahead of him and something landed on his back.

Nick screamed out in pain as the pressure on his back grew and grew. He was barely even able to move his head to see what it was. All he could make out was a black pillar that went up farther than what his head enabled him to see. It felt like a cube or crate that covered most of his backside, and the pressure was like an elephant; if it wasn’t spread out so much he thought his back might snap in half.

“Aww, poor baby~,” said Gallienne putting on a pouty face, “is my heel too much for you? Where did you think you were going anyway? I thought we’d start your work right now and celebrate a little.”

Nick continued to struggle underneath Gallienne’s heel, still barely hearing her as he tried to escape. His back popped with every additional ounce of pressure and it soon got hard to breathe. ‘What the hell is going on,’ he shouted in his head as his thoughts began to return to him.

Gallienne gave a light chuckle feeling the squirming beneath her heel. Or at least what she could feel of it. She set the shrink ray down on her desk behind her, the dial set to 1 inch tall. She hoped her new employee would calm down soon, if not then she’d have to crush him like she did all the other “employees” she’d interviewed that past week. They were all too concerned with panicking or running away to actually do a good job at pleasing her, a long line of pathetic little men with nothing to offer but disappointment. As the squirming under her heel slowed down, Gallienne thought this one better work out, if not she’d still get the pleasure of crushing him. Either way, she’d still be getting what she wanted. After all, she was the boss.