- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Time to wake up...

February 6th, 6:12am

Magneto’s Medical Wing

 

No-Name bolted upright in bed in a cold sweat, panting and out of breath.  Nightmares plagued him during his slumber.  Always the same shit.  The flashes, the stairs, that room with the--

 

“So, you’re alive after all.  That’s good.  Magneto would’ve been pissed off if you went and died on us,” a female voice said from somewhere around him.

 

No-Name tried to speak, but failed.  So he simply stuck an arm with an outstretched middle finger into the air.

 

“Very mature.”

 

No-Name sat up.  Whoever it was who was in the room was behind him.  He craned his neck back and saw the smiling face of a young looking blonde woman.

 

“Sorry, forgot your name,” No-Name said.

 

“Most people call me skids,” she said, extending a hand to shake.  No-Name stared at her for a moment or two before she withdrew her hand.

 

“Nothing personal, I just don’t like most physical contact with people.  Usually leads to massive head trauma,” he said, rubbing his head.  “… or severe blood loss.  How long was I out?”

 

“Not more than a few hours or so,” Skids said.  “Did you know you talk in your sleep?”

 

“No.  Anything worth hearing?”

 

“Sounds like you were having some dream.  Care to talk about it?”

 

“… I don’t even wanna think about it,” he said with a sigh and a shudder. 

 

Skids nodded.  “Alright.  Well, I’ll go tell Magneto you’re up.  He’ll be very happy.”  And with that, Skids made ice-skating like motions and slid gracefully out of the room.  No-Name didn’t ask questions, although he was very curious about what her power was.

 

He sat there for a few more minutes before Magneto walked into the room, wearing some sort of red and black jumpsuit with body armor.  He carried a helmet under his arms.

 

“Micro, I apologize for the measures taken earlier, but they are vital if I am to help you.  You see--”

 

“Magneto… I’m gonna be perfectly honest with you right now.  I just had a bigass needle jammed into my leg.  For most people it probably isn’t that bad, but my curse here makes my skin and everything else about me much more dense than it should be.  For Mystique to do what she did, she applied the force it would take to rip off a limb.  So forgive me if I’m a tad testy.”  No-Name cleared his throat.  “I don’t want to talk to you, or anyone else right now.  Leave me the fuck alone.  Ok?”

 

Magneto frowned.  “Very well then.  I shall leave you be, but come 7:00 you will begin training with the rest of the Acolytes.”  Magneto turned and exited.  Skids entered the room.

 

“Hi again,” she said with a smile and wave.

 

“Go away,” No-Name growled, lying down.

 

Skids continued talking, as if she didn’t hear him.  “You shouldn’t talk to Magneto like that--when he gets pissed off, bad things tend to happen.  If you’re planning on surviving capture the flag I would recommend staying on his good side.”

 

“Scarier looking people than him have tormented me in the past, now again, leave me alone.”

 

Skids just laughed and sat down next to him.  “Gonna make me?”

 

“Are you always this annoying?”

 

“Only when I want to be.  It’s fun to mess with new people.”

 

The remainder of that hour went like that.  Skids having fun by annoying No-Name, while he remained ever grouchy and anti-social.  Finally 7:00 rolled around and Pietro rushed into the room.

 

“Hey, come on, time to go,” he said at lightning speed.  Skids grabbed No-Name--much to his dislike--and created frictionless force fields around her feet.  Pietro got behind her and pushed, allowing the three of them all to travel at the same speed.  They made it to the other side of the base in roughly 0.02 seconds.

 

No-Name’s long hair was 50 different kinds of fucked up.  He felt about ready to puke.  Magneto and Mystique stood atop a large metal platform.

 

“Today you shall face off in a match of capture the flag.  Captain 1 shall be Avalanche.  Captain 2 shall be The Scarlet Witch.  Pick your teams.  Go.”

 

The men and women picked, in order per team, were as follows:

 

Avalanche’s Team: Quicksilver, Colossus, Skids, Toad, Pyro, Master Mind’s daughter, Micro

 

Wanda’s Team: Amelia Voght, Mystique, Master Mind, Gambit, Blob, Nocturne, Blindspot,

 

Micro was of course chosen last, but it didn’t really matter.  The capture the flag session was rather predictable.  Quicksilver stood guard around the flag, to make sure Amelia Voght didn’t get to it.  Mystique attempted to impersonate Avalanche and confuse his teammates.  Avalanche’s team won.  No-Name scouted ahead, looking for the flag for about 15 minutes or so.  Amelia did likewise, teleporting until she found the flag, but Quicksilver fended her off.

 

After finding the location of the flag, No-Name radioed the location to Avalanche, who then launched a full scale invasion of Wanda’s base.  Colossus headed the attack, acting as a large bull elephant of some kind.  Master Mind’s daughter made Wanda’s team see multiple Colossus’s running for them--to decrease their chances of actually knocking him down.  While Colossus cleared the path, Avalanche, Toad, and Skids followed him practically hugging his back.  Colossus launched Toad into the air and he grabbed the flag, but didn’t get it out of the pedestal.

 

“I got it, I got it,” he shouted with unbridled enthusiasm.  But then Blindspot jumped over and dropkicked him.  “I don’t got it… *grunt*”  Toad then passed out.

 

Next Skids jumped off Colossus’s shoulders and grabbed the flag.  The Blob tried to grab her, but she activated her frictionless shields and he could not keep his grip on her.  Once she was far enough away, Pietro rushed over and pushed her to the base, resulting in a victory for Avalanche’s team.  Magneto floated down from where he was in the ceiling.

 

“Very good.  Avalanche, your team did well.”

 

“Damn straight,” Avalanche said, giving his team the thumbs up.

 

No-Name finally made his way to the group--he had been hiding under a pile of rubble for most of the fight.  He was strictly there for reconnaissance, you understand.

 

“Avalanche, you and your teammates have the rest of the day off to do what you please--go see a movie or something, quite frankly I don’t give a damn.  The rest of you are to clean this base up--we’ll be having some new guests in the near future and I feel there’s no time like the present to start sprucing up… go. … NOW!”

 

And with that, the Acolytes split into their various directions.  No-Name tried to follow his team out of the building, but they were out the exit so fast he was left behind.  So he decided to just hang out in his room… wherever that was.

 

Micro spent a good portion of the day just walking around the base.  There were two main dormitories from what he could tell: one for the women, one for the men, and a large living-room like area where they could all hang out.  This seemed to be the only room not related to training--aside from the medical rooms.  He just sat in the corner of the common room and pondered over the events of the last day or so before falling asleep.