- Text Size +

“We’ve only been accepting donations for a few seconds, it warms my heart to see people donating so eagerly,” Steph said with a real genuine smile.

“You guys really are the best,” Matt agreed.

“Alright, let’s see here,” Steph said, her finger moving around the trackpad of her laptop. “Three dollars from MerchAppreciated. Thank you so much! They said, ‘I don’t have much but I want to give what I can.’ Aw MerchAppreciated, we appreciate you and your donation! There’s no such thing as too small a donation,” Steph said.

Matt nodded in agreement. “Definitely. Every little bit counts, and it all adds up. We appreciate your contribution, I promise.” He also gave a pretty warm smile.

Steph continued reading off the donations that came in. The first few ranged from small to moderate donations, but none more than fifty dollars. As Steph read them off, Chris kept track and tallied them together. Every time they hit another thirty dollars donated, the machine lights would flash.

But Matt had only lost three-fifths of an inch so far. No one could tell he had shrunk at all, or that the machine was doing anything but lighting up.

Matt and Steph were in the middle of some banter when Steph glanced down at her laptop and suddenly cried out.

“Holy cow!” she yelled. “Bluegoose just donated $230! Thank you so much, Bluegoose!” Cheerful noises of approval and amazement could be heard from both Jason and Chris.

“Wow, that’s insane.” Matt said. “Jeez, thank you so much, that’s incredible. Did they leave a message?”

Stephanie was so blown away from the huge donation she had forgotten to read the donator’s message. “Oh yeah! They said, ‘Real big fan, let’s see that machine do some work!’ Yeah I agree, Chris is the machine gonna do some work?”

“Oh you bet. I’m make sure I’ve got all the tallies lined up real quick. Give it just a second,” he said off-screen. Matt’s eyebrows raised in anticipation.

Only a moment later did the green arrow show up with a beep beep. This time, a close observer could see a change in Matthew. It may just look like he shifted slightly, but in truth he lost a whole two inches off his height.

“Whoa, did you see that?” Steph asked, excitedly. Her eyes and smile were both wide as can be as the wonderment of what just happened overtook her. “That’s so cool, I wanna see more,” she admitted.

“Wow that was super strange, feeling. When it was just a fifth of an inch I didn’t even notice, but two whole inches is a totally different story. It felt like my whole body shifted slightly against my will. That was wild,” Matt said, looking amazed himself.

“Pretty neat!” Chris chimed in. “Hey uh, the donations are coming in a little quicker, Jason and I have an idea on how to streamline this a little better so Stephanie’s not just reading from the chat non-stop.”

“Okay, sweet. I’ll still keep an eye on the chat, though,” Steph assured the audience.
Soon the viewers saw the donation amount in the upper left and Matt’s current height in the upper right, in the usual blocky green font featured on the livestream. At the bottom, in the same shade of green but a much slimmer font, was the most recent donator username along with their donation message.

“Whoa!” Matt yelled when he saw it on one of the screens that he could see the livestream on. “That’s way too good-looking for our janky livestream.”

“Yeah, where’d the budget increase come from? Because it definitely wasn’t us,” Steph joked.

But now that the donation process was streamlined and no longer reliant on Stephanie reading every single one, Chris was able to give input to the machine almost as fast as the actual donations were coming in. At first, the machine seemed to light up and emit its beeps every couple of seconds, but as the donation amount in the upper left constantly updated, it seemed to be stuck on.

Steph began to giggle as she watched her husband lose height before her very eyes.
“This is so amazing,” she managed to get out.

“This is surreal,” Matt muttered. He gestured his hand towards the camera and said, “GTLive, the only show on Youtube where you can watch the host whore out his body for charity donations!”

“Whoa! Mature stream!” Steph jokingly declared. But true to form, the mature stream warning briefly flashed on the screen. Matt and Steph both laughed at the gag.

“It’s kinda what it feels like, honestly,” Matt added. The donations were climbing rapidly, and the donation amount in the corner read $2,013 and the height counter read 4’10”.

Stephanie gave Matt a once-over. “I can’t believe you’ve already lost a foot. Your clothes feelin’ a little baggy there?” Steph asked, laughing at the incredulity of it all.
“Actually yeah. I’m feeling a little loose.” Matt replied.“

Uh, will that become an issue?” Steph asked, raising an eyebrow and looking off-screen.

“No, Matt has something for that,” Jason’s disembodied voice answered.

Now Steph looked back at Matt. “You have something for that?” she faux whispered into her clip-on mic.

“Yeah, so when we got this doohickey,” Matt started, gesturing at the mass reduction apparatus, “I was given a weird unitard to wear. It’s honestly a bit of a tight fit but supposedly as I get smaller the tightness is what will keep it form-fitting,” he explained. “I’ve worn these on stage and those were more comfortable than this, but I guess being state-of-the-art means sacrificing dumb stuff like comfort.”

“Well we better hope it works or this stream will have to be cut off pretty early!” Steph exclaimed. “Hey, since you’re now a foot shorter, we should stand up and compare heights.”

Matt agreed and stood up. His head was cut off at the top but even from this incomplete shot it was evident to the audience at home that his clothes weren’t fitting quite right. Steph set her laptop aside and stood up as well, also getting cut off.

The camera was adjusted, presumably by Chris, to get both hosts heads fully in frame. Matt usually had quite a bit of height on his much shorter wife, but in this very moment Steph was a few inches taller than him.

“Wooow!” she exclaimed in amazement. "I can’t believe this, now I’m the tall one!”

Matt laughed. “Yeah, now I’ll have to ask you to get stuff off the top shelf.”

Steph brought her hands together and wiggled her fingers evilly. “I have so much power now, I’ll relish the opportunity,” she said.

“If this is all it takes for you to feel powerful then Matt better hope the donations stop flowing in,” Chris chimed in from somewhere unseen.

Matt once again gestured his hand towards the camera, trying not to laugh as Stephanie tried to casually plant her elbow on his head to use as an arm rest, even though he hadn’t quite lost enough height for that to be viable yet.

“I would never wish for the donations to stop flowing in. However, I would consider wishing that the machine broke,” he said, ignoring his wife being a goof.

As she rested her elbow on his head, she said, “You know, I actually can feel you getting shorter like this.” She slightly pursed her lips and nodded as if this were something she was completely fine with.

Matt and Steph sat back on the couch and Chris adjusted the view to properly frame them again. Steph pulled her laptop back on her lap.

“Hey everyone! Everyone! I’m checking Twitter!” she announced, and turned her attention to her screen.

“Everyone at home mark this one on your calendars! It’s a date to remember, Steph actually checks Twitter!” Matt called out. Steph simply shook her head with a faint smile, obviously more interested in what was on Twitter than her co-host’s light ribbing.

“@AryanaMelonLord on Twitter says we should try arm-wrestling now that you’re smaller and see if your reduced size makes you any weaker,” Steph said.

“Ooh, that’s a neat idea. Thinking about the science, I love it,” Matt replied.

Steph flexed her arm muscle. “Like you’d have a shot anyway,” she says confidently. Matthew laughed and agreed with her.

Steph set her laptop to the side and Matt went around the table to the side nearer the camera. Chris adjusted his shot so he could get the two in frame locking hands and planting their elbows on the table.

“Three…twoonego!” Matt yelled and started pushing. Stephanie was caught off guard and lost a lot of ground at the beginning, but began to make some impressive push-back. However, despite the screen reading 4’5” for Matt’s height, it seemed like he was slowly beating Steph.

“No fair!” she grunted through the effort, “you’re supposed to lose now that you’re getting all shrimpy!”Matt was determined and focused. It was clear that while he was gaining on Stephanie, he was having to work pretty hard for it.

But then there was a rapid change in the numbers on the screen. 4’5” quickly counted down to 3’11”. Matt visibly shrunk the additional six inches, and Steph overtook him quickly. Within seconds she slammed his hand down on the table and yelled, “Ohhhhhh! New champion!”

“No fair! The donators cheated for you!” Matt yelled.

Steph looked right into the camera with an attempt at a serious face, which was hard from all the fun they were having. “Donating to charity is never cheating,” she said.

“Give me a break,” Matt said. When he stood back up his structured outerwear easily slid off him. His t-shirt was ridiculously baggy, and his pants fell to his ankles. Thankfully, he was indeed wearing a black unitard underneath, which still appeared to be skin-tight.

“Well good thing the unitard is pulling through. It still feels ridiculously tight though, I wonder what size it’s designed for,” Matt mused. “Still, I can’t believe I took my pants off on the livestream. I haven’t felt this exposed since Sauna Pants.” Matt joked.
The mature warning flashed on the screen again, eliciting laughter from all four in the room.

“Well now that I’ve beat you in arm wrestling and you’ve had that unfortunate incident there, it looks like I’m the one wearing the pants in this relationship,” Steph said, holding her arms out.

Matt sighed and yelled, “Baddoom ching!”

A quiet “Boo!” could be heard from Jason.

“You wanna come back over to this side of the table, shortstack?” Stephanie teasingly said, her hands on her hips.

Matt shuffled back over to the other side and joined Stephanie. “Don’t get cocky, kid,” Matt grumbled.

“What’s that?” Stephanie put her hand to her ear. “I couldn’t quite catch that from up here,” Steph said. Matt gave a flat “done” expression to the camera.

“She’s got jokes, everybody,” he said. Steph just giggled, clearly very amused now that Matt had lost some real height.

“So Chris, what else do we have to test or try out with Matt’s height?” Steph asked, still a bit giggly.

“Um, well, we’ve got a whole box of stuff. We didn’t know how small he’d get so we just thought, y’know, prepare for every occasion,” Chris said.

There was the sound of cardboard sliding on carpet in a couple of short movements and then the box peeked ever so slightly into frame.

Stephanie leaned over and looked through it.

“What were your bets?” Stephanie asked.

“Well, I thought there was a good chance it was all fake and we’d look silly. But if it did work, this is pretty much the height I thought he’d be by the end of the stream,” Chris replied. The screen read 3’07”. Steph somewhat pursed her lips and nodded, clearly finding that a reasonable guesstimate. 

I thought he’d get so small we’d lose him in the carpet,” Jason could be heard saying smugly. Matt gave him a light-hearted glare. “I more or less agreed with Chris but said we should try to get stuff that would be really funny for when he’s smaller. You know, in case the machine malfunctioned.”

Stephanie gave a sarcastically obvious wink to the camera.Steph pulled a tape measure out of the box.

“Isn’t this kind of pointless? We have his height on the screen,” she said, referring to the green 3’05”.

“To be fair, we didn’t know we’d do that,” Chris replied.

“Good thing Jason decided to be resourceful for once,” Matt said.

“Quiet, shrimpy,” Stephanie said with a chuckle. Matt threw his arms up in defeat.
“Since when do we not give Jason crap!” he yelled.

“Well, I can totally kick your butt right now, so that means Jason could kick your butt too,” Stephanie said.Matt rolled his eyes with a face of exaggerated disgust. 
“This stream is going to Heck in a handbasket,” he declared.

“No it most certainly is not! We’ve already raised,” she paused to look at her laptop screen, “$4,862! That’s so incredible, you guys!” Steph said in genuine amazement.
“Yeah, that really is great, thank you guys so much,” Matt added in. He did sound grateful, but there was something in his voice now that made it sound a little bit different than when he thanked the audience before.

Stephanie continued rifling through the contents of the box, occasionally giggling to herself when she found something interesting. Matt meanwhile, was telling a story about the last time he had to wear a unitard.

Throughout his story he gradually lost more and more size. Steph nodded along and asked questions to make it more entertaining, but she also worked her way through the contents of the box. She seemed disinterested in a lot of it and gave Chris funny looks, as if to say, “Really, you thought this would come in handy?”

By the time Matt’s story was done he was down to 2’08”. He was finally small enough that the neck of his t-shirt was too wide and slipped down around him. Now he was only wearing the unitard,everything else was too big for him.“Wow,” he said as his t-shirt fell around him, “that is kind of unbelievable. This whole ordeal is just…surreal.” 

“Hey man, there’s still time to get more donations, it can only get crazier from here,” Steph said.

“Oh boy,” Matt replied.

“Hey, let’s do another size comparison,” Steph said, standing up.

Matt scooted off the couch and stood up. His head came below Stephanie’s waist. Stephanie scooted right next to him to really show it off. She was all giggles while Matt only shook his head with an unamused look.

Steph, with a big grin, turned to the side, her butt right next to Matt’s face.

“Bah! Get your big butt outta here!” he yelled and tried shoving with his small arms. Suffice to say, he didn’t accomplish much. Stephanie laughed and bumped him with her butt, just about knocking him over.

“Do you see this guys? I lose all my height and Steph starts to bully me!” he yells at the camera. Steph had no real response but to laugh.

“Shoot, I lost my good opportunity to use you as an arm rest,” she said, with a fake pout. “Though if you stand in front of me on the couch, I could probably use you as a foot rest,” she said with a big grin.

Matt crossed his arms defiantly. “Not happening,” he said.

“We’ll see,” she said with a wink. “Anyway, Matthew, you’re getting pretty small, it’s about time we bust out some of the more fun stuff.” Steph said. 

Matt raised his eyebrows as Steph reached for the box of stuff. He didn’t look very excited to find out what his wife had in store for him.

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you like it so far! Keep in mind that the story will go past just the livestream, so that's at least a couple more chapters to look forward to.

Also, like I mentioned before, on Monday, November 26, 2018, Matt and Steph are doing a huge, potentially 8 hour long livestream to raise donations for the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation. Their stream will be starting at 12pm PST (iirc) and they'll have a bunch of guests and apparently be premiering a new game? I think? If you like my story or are a fan of GTLive (or ideally both) please consider tuning in to donate! Even if you don't have time to tune into the mega stream to donate, the donations are open right now, and still will be after the stream.