- Text Size +
Chapter Nine: Close Encounter with a Dakadanian

Nick's boss came to look at his artwork, and was impressed.

"You're a really fantastic artist!" said the boss.

"I'm a Kubert school graduate!" said Nick. "They really drill you on anatomy and composition and everything else until you get to the point where you can draw anything like a pro!"

"You're better than most of our guys here," said the boss.

"I could use some extra work," said Nick. "How about if I drew a graphic novel on my own time and your company published it?"

"Sure!" said the boss. "Do you have a drafting table at home?"

"No, but if you gave me an advance, I could buy one and get right to work!"

"I don't see a problem with that," said the boss, as he reached for his wallet and peeled off about six one hundred dollar bills. "Six hundred should cover a decent drafting table."

Nick took the money and thanked him.

Meanwhile, Caitlin took off with her shrink ray-gun after Lacey left to go stand out in front of the comic studio where Nick worked. She had the scanner device with her, so she could track the criminals that she knew would be missing after today, as Lacey had instructed her. There was a blip on the digital map, so she got some change and caught a bus toward that area. It was at a mall, and she had already looked at a photo of the man she was hunting. He was Hispanic, and in his mid thirties.

Caitlin got off the bus, and the digital map enlarged to show more details. She could see the design of the mall, and the food court, where the man was currently at. When Caitlin got to the food court, there were multiple tables and chairs where she could sit. She spotted her prey, and took a seat not far from where he was sitting. She looked at her scanner and read the crimes he was guilty of, in order to make it seem like she was preoccupied with her own business.

According to the device she held in her hand, the man, known as Hector Santos, was guilty of a long list of crimes dating back to his teenage years. Caitlin watched as the man got up and threw his fast food bag and wrappers into the trash, and walked toward the bathroom. The bathrooms were down a long narrow hallway, so Caitlin waited for the man to finish and exit before pulling out her shrink ray-gun. The man didn't know what to expect when Caitlin zapped him and reduced him down to an inch tall, and luckily, no one else witnessed it. Caitlin knelt down and retrieved Hector, and stuffed him into one of the front pockets of her schoolgirl uniform, and left the mall.

She caught the bus back to the motel, keeping her hand clenched gently around Hector's tiny miniaturized body. When she reached the motel, she entered and closed the door. Lacey still hadn't returned yet. Caitlin jumped onto her bed and reclined, then pulled out Hector and examined him.

"You're my property now!" said Caitlin, smiling. "You will be my slave until the day you die, so you'd better get accustomed to the idea of me sending you crashing to the depths of my teenage belly!"

"Why did you target me?" Hector asked.

"You were destined to disappear today!" Caitlin replied. "It's better that you ended up as my tiny slave than for you to die some other way! I'm taking you with me back to Dakadania, a world of sadistic thunder children who carry out a never ending reign of terror on people your size!"

"But I wouldn't be this size if it wasn't for you!" said Hector.

"I'm not supposed to be this size either," said Caitlin. "I'm shrunk, too! Normally, I'm close to four hundred feet tall. You'll be re-enlarged to your normal size when we return to where I came from, but I'll grow too, so the size disparity between us will be maintained!"

"What are you going to do to me?" Hector asked.

"I told you already, I'm going to swallow you!" said Caitlin. "All the girls of my race like to swallow the people of your tiny race, then vomit you back up! We're like a race of gods!"

"What are you going to do with me until then?" Hector asked.

"I'm going to play with you!" Caitlin answered. "What else are tiny toys good for? Now, do as I command, and march astride my mighty thigh!" Caitlin slammed her right leg down, and set Hector on her right thigh. He obeyed, and marched back and forth. "Now march to my ankle and return to my thigh! " Hector obeyed. "See?" said Caitlin, "Isn't this fun?"

Caitlin looked on the table as Hector walked across her leg, and spotted a cleansing solution brought from Dakadania. "Oh, I almost forgot! I've got to clean you first!" Caitlin grabbed Hector in her fist and carried him to the table, She opened a plastic disposable cup and dumped some of the cleaning solution into the cup, then dropped Hector in. After dunking him a few times, Caitlin lifted him out and lifted him above her mouth.

"Now you're clean enough for me to stick you inside my mouth!" Caitlin licked her lips and began lowering Hector toward her open mouth. Hector could see all of her teeth clearly, and her tongue swaying back and forth hungrily. Caitlin let go of Hector, and because of the force of gravity, he had no choice but to fall directly into her open mouth. His body hit her tongue, and her mouth closed around him.

"Hmmm," said Caitlin out loud to herself, "Should I or shouldn't I?" There was a bulge in her left cheek where Hector was concealed within her mouth. She pulled out a token from Dakadania and said, "Heads I swallow him, tails he lives another day!" Caitlin tossed the token into the air, and when it came down on her other palm, it was heads side up.

"Yes!" said Caitlin, clenching her fist in victory. She tilted her head back and swallowed, sending poor Hector down her esophagus, where he splashed down onto what remained of Caitlin's breakfast. Aware of what had just happened to him, Hector instinctively tried to hold his breath, to conserve air. He took a breath once every twenty seconds or so, but this would eventually make him dizzier.

Meanwhile, Caitlin lifted her blouse and rubbed her perfectly defined abdominal muscles and laughed out loud at the plight of her prey.

Across town, in front of the comic studio where Nick was just getting off work, Lacey waited with a pad of paper and a pen, along with the other girls who were waiting for an encounter with an artist. Lacey was dressed in the same type of schoolgirl uniform that Caitlin and Audrey wore; the other girls waiting outside the comic studio with her were wearing normal street clothes. Tony exited the building with his portfolio and box of art tools, and spotted the girls waiting. They swarmed around him.

"Are you a famous artist?" One of the girls asked.

"I just started working here," Nick answered. "Maybe in a few months, after I get a graphic novel published." Nick's attention was suddenly diverted to Lacey; her schoolgirl uniform was identical to those worn on Dakadania, and seeing it struck fear into his heart. Lacey approached him.

"Can I have your autograph?" Lacey asked.

Nick grabbed the pad and pen and quickly signed his autograph. "Where are you from?"

"I'm not from around here," said Lacey.

"You look like you're still in high school, shouldn't you have been in school today?" Nick asked.

"I've got more important things going on than school," said Lacey.

"Like what?" Nick asked, swallowing out of fear.

"Like keeping my eyes on you!" said Lacey with a sinister smile.

Nick left and ran toward the bus stop, surprised that Lacey didn't come after him. The bus came not long after he got there, and he headed back to Derek's house. When he got there, James had just gotten home from the doctor's office.

"I saw a Dakadanian!" said Nick.

"Really?" said James. "Wouldn't that be on the news by now? They're like four hundred feet tall!"

"No!" said Nick. "Whoever she was, she was shrunk down to our scale! She looked like a normal teenage girl!"

"How do you know she was Dakadanian?" James asked.

"Her uniform!" said Nick. "It was unmistakable!"

"Now don't get too worked up about this," said James, "you could be wrong! Didn't you say you copied those uniforms as an art reference for your graphic novel from a photo you pulled off a jailbait website?"

"Yes!" said Nick.

"Isn't it conceivable that this chick was simply a student at some Catholic school in this area?"

"What you're saying isn't impossible, but it's highly improbable!" said Nick. "The way she acted, and what she said to me clued me in! She said she's keeping her eyes on me! It was really spooky!"

James got up and retrieved the magic lamp from its hiding spot. He sat down on the couch with Nick, and held the lamp.

"We can always wish our way out of this situation!" said James. "We can write down a hundred different wishes on a piece of paper, then narrow it down to the best two or three wishes."

"Let's start writing!" said Nick, and the two men began writing down their wish ideas down on paper.

Meanwhile, Lacey caught a bus back to the motel where Caitlin was waiting for her.

"How did your day go?" Lacey asked.

"I caught a criminal and shrunk him down to size," said Caitlin.

"Let's see him!" said Lacey. "Where is he?"

Caitlin looked down toward Lacey's feet, with a guilty look on her face. "Actually, I swallowed him!" Caitlin couldn't help smiling a little bit, and this made Lacey smile, then they both broke out laughing.

"Was it fun?" Lacey asked.

Caitlin nodded her head, then lifted her blouse, revealing her tight abdominal muscles. "Do you think he's still alive in there?" Caitlin asked.

"How long ago did you devour him?" Lacey asked.

"About twenty minutes ago," Caitlin replied.

"Use the neural stimulator," Lacey replied. "They can survive for twenty or thirty minutes, so you shouldn't have a problem vomiting him up."

Caitlin aimed the neural stimulator at her head, and she vomited a few moments later. She vomited into the bathroom sink, and plucked Hector out and rinsed him off.

"How did your day go?" Caitlin asked.

"I made contact with Nick, according to our plan. That should strike some fear into him, causing him to make mistakes! Our goal is to make sure he isn't thinking clearly."

"He still has his magic lamp," said Caitlin. "We need to acquire it!"

"Not today!" said Lacey. "We can do that tomorrow. Right now, I want to go hunt for criminals and shrink them! Are you coming with me?"

"Yes!" said Caitlin, as Lacey gathered the scanning device and both girls each grabbed a shrink ray-gun and headed out the door. Once at the bus stop, they used their computer to match up the bus itinerary with the blip on the digital map. Two bus rides later, they were in a run down area of L.A. where there were sure to be lowlifes hanging out this time of day.

Lacey showed Caitlin a photo on the scanner device of the man they were looking for, and they walked down the streets they needed to in order to meet up with the criminal they were after. Less than fifteen minutes after getting off the bus, they found him. Lacey pointed her shrink ray-gun at him, and he was instantly reduced down to an inch tall. Lacey scooped him up and put him in a container, which she stuck in her pocket.

They got on a bus again, and went after the nearest target to their current location. They spent two hours or more going after criminals, until they had captured three each, then they got back to the motel after dark.

"It's swallowing time!" said Lacey.

To Be Continued!