- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

 

 

I woke up, my head pounding horrifically.  It was like getting over the worst hangover ever.  Except I couldn't even recall what I had been drinking.  I shivered as a cool breeze ran over me.  I instinctively grabbed at my shirt to pull it closer to my skin.  Well until I realized by doing so I was actually touching my skin.


Holy shit!  Where were my clothes?  Why was I completely naked?  And sitting up I realized I was next to a few other people.  There seemed to be six of us total.  Four guys including myself and two girls.  And none of us had clothes.  What the hell had happened?  Standing up slowly I could feel my headache slowly starting abide although it still hurt.  For that matter where were we?  The ground was weird.  It looked like someone had done a drawing of gravel street.  The texture was strange too.  Not wood or cement or stone.  It felt familiar yet I couldn't quite place it.

Looking further I could see what what looked like a flat square object that was solid black other than the red X painted on it.  Walking across a crude drawing of the inside of a building I reached down and touched it.  It felt like the same material the ground was made of.  This was very strange.  Looking closer I could see the edges were a thick brown cardboard.  


My stomach started getting queazy as an impossible thought popped into my head.  Instead of looking close I looked farther in the distance, to see my surroundings in their entirety.  Closest to me was a cliff that I could fall down.  I didn't look down to see how far it could fall but a large brown barrier of wood rose relatively close to me. Looking to the right of it I could see in the far distance what looked like a cabinet with glass doors.  Except it was huge.  And inside were figurines of various animals made of different materials.  Some of glass.  Some of ceramic.  Some of stuff I didn't recognize.  But I suspected if I was closer even the smallest of them was over three times my size.  Turning the other way towards the far end of the strange object we were standing on I could see a wall made out of gigantic bricks.  And under it was a giant chain gateway that within I could see what looked like logs.  Massive ones that had to come from the largest tree ever cut down.


I shook my head some more.  This was impossible I was dreaming.  Something touched my shoulder as I thought and I turned suddenly ready for anything.  I probably blushed as I looked at a naked black haired woman who stood in front of me.  Oh yeah.  I'd forgotten about them.


"Where are we?  Do you know what's going on?"  The dark haired girl looked at me, fear and confusion in her eyes.  Before I could respond a loud grinding sound echoed through the room.  Both of us turned towards the sound letting us witness the most terrifying thing we'd seen so far.


A giant wall of white slid into some opening we couldn't see from our angle.  Pressing against what I realized now was a doorway with a sliding door was an imposibly massive hand.  One thudding step later and I got to see the titan that the hand was attached to.  


Well titaness.  She wore a plain brown t-shirt that fell in to a sort of greenish brown skirt that descended to a point a little above her knees.  She had a thick mass of brown hair that was cut relatively short, not even going down to her shoulders.  It looked like an unruly mess at first but then I realized it was a style as the unruliness was more organized than bedhead should look like.  She wore a silver chain around her neck which descended into half of a broken silver heart that rested on a rather impressive chest. .  A silver ring seemed to be attached to the bottom of her nose and I shuddered again as her blue eyes focused on us and a bright smile lit her face.  


The sound of giant bare feet pounding against a wooden floor overwhelmed my hearing followed by the sound of wood grinding against wood as the woman dragged back that wooden barrier I'd seen earlier and sat down in the chair that it was a part of.   Her right hand rose up above us before swooping down and I winced as it flew in before I heard a loud feminine shriek.  Staring I watched as the black haired girl who had been standing next to me rose up, struggling against the giantess thumb and index finger which held her tightly between them.  A small squeak of pain came from her as the fingers applied more pressure.  


"Uh uh.  You don't want me to drop you do you?  It might just be a little painful don't you think?"  The brown haired titaness giggled as she brought the other woman close to her face.  "The game will be a lot harder if you break a bone you know."   Watching the two of them made me realize that not only had we been shrunk somehow, but we'd been reduced to maybe an inch and a half or so in height.  And I was beginning to get what was happening.


The sound of voices behind me caused me to turn and see two more people had risen up.  Unlike me they hadn't had a chance to adapt to their surroundings with our titaness captor being the first thing they saw.  Both guys, one a tall blond who probably turned a lot of heads when he walked by, the other with brown hair and slightly pudgy had their jaws almost dropping to their feet.  It would've been funny if the circumstances had been different.  


Suddenly the titaness right  hand quickly descended and her fingers opened up dropping the black haired woman on the ground in front of me.  She grunted in pain but I suspected it wasn't too bad as she'd already been close to the ground when she'd been dropped.  The hand then reached over and prodded our two remaining sleepers.  "Wakey wakey.  It's time to get up!"  The giddy happy voice of our captor rolled over us as her fingers continued to shove at our companions.  A pair of grumpy voices suddenly became shrieks of fear as they realized they weren't being awoke by friends, but by fingers longer than they were tall.  


"Good!  You're all up now!"  The giantess continued as if this was a normal every day gathering.  "So my name is Kara and I want you all to know how happy I am that you all joined me for my little gathering."  Kara then pointed at the black haired woman.  "That's Tiffany.  And he's Mark."  Kara's finger shifted to the blond haired man as she said this.


"Next up we have Alexa, Jeromy, and Brian."  Kara's finger pointed in order at the red headed girl she'd just woken up, the black haired man laying next to her, and finally the brown haired guy I'd already seen.  "And finally you have Brad."  Kara's finger was pointing straight at me.  I was wondering how she knew who we all were but her next words reminded me that was the least of our problems.


"So anyways we're here together to play games.  Winners will be rewarded.  Losers....well nobody likes losers right?  So don't be a loser."  Kara's smiled grew wider and I shivered once more as her tongue poked out  as she licked her lips.  "But if you are I promise even defeat will be exciting."  


"So anyways I'm sure you're all as eager to start as I am so enough chit chat and let's start playing.  Tonight's game is a fun little gem called Zombicide!"  Kara held up a giant booklet in her left hand.  I could see cartoonishly drawn men and women wielding swords while surrounded by zombies.  The text at the top said in giant letters "Zombicide: Black Plague".  


"Anyways the rules are simple.  You have to complete all the objectives in your quest and avoid being eaten by zombies!"  Kara's face descended lower, her lips hovering above me.  "Being eaten means you lose."  Kara's tongue lashed out, slamming me into the ground before sliding up my form and then retracting back into her mouth.   "Although I can certainly see what they want to eat you.  You're delicious."  Another loud giggle hurt my ears as Kara's face rose up and away from me.  


"Anyways I figure you can learn as we play.  It's the best way to start.  Everyone gather onto the square you woke up on."  Kara looked down at us.  "Now."  Her right hand curled into a fist and slammed down onto the table causing it to shake.  I barely held my balance.  As I tried to decide what to do I watched as Jeromy got up and bolted from the square he was on.  He didn't get far though before a massive finger came down upon his back slamming him into the ground.  "You're going to have to obey the rules.  Anyone who breaks them will be punished.  It's for your own good.  Anyways Jeromy has chosen to be an example for all of you. "


As I continued to watch, the fingers on Kara's right hand wrapped around Jeromy lifting him up into the sky.  Her left hand reached over and she tugged out his left arm between her thumb and index finger.  The next thing I knew the fingers pressed tightly and despite the distance I could hear Jeromy's scream.  I was glad I didn't have to actually hear the sound of bones breaking as she crushed his hand.  She then let go of his hand her and her right hand descended slowly, placing him gently back on the square where she'd said for us to stand.  


"Anyways I want to thank Jeromy for giving us a demonstration of the penalty for breaking the rules.  Let's all give him a round of applause!"  A loud cracking sound echoed through the sky followed by more loud cracks.  Kara was really clapping.  She was sicker than I could begin to imagine.  


"You guys aren't on your square yet..."  Kara stopped clapping and looked down at us again.  I immediately started running back to it and saw that everyone else was too.  "Good good.  I was beginning to worry you wouldn't want to play."  Kara grinned.  "So is everyone ready?"