- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Been out of the game a while, but decided to give it a go one more time. Let me know if you guys think I should keep going! More chapters to come shortly.
“Ugh, fuuuuuuuuu…” groaned Joe, holding his hands over his face, trying to block out the blinding light that threatened to melt his eyes.

“Whas goin on? Where m’ I?” He slurred. The room spun, and the light made his eyes hurt and his head pound. He pressed his palms into his eyes hoping to quell the pain, but found little to no relief. With a throbbing headache caused by either the light or something hitting his brain with a hammer, he tried to think clearly. But it was nearly impossible in his current condition.

Ok think, he told himself. What’s the last thing you remember? Wracking his brain, he thought about the date. That was simple enough. Ok the date was… it was… It was Saturday. Yeah ok that’s a start. Today was Saturday. That meant yesterday was Friday. Ok, and it was the first Friday of the month. The first Friday of the month, now why was that a date that- oh right! That meant it had been the monthly meeting with the board.

Oh right… The meeting. That stupid, cock-fuckery of a meeting. The memory came to him suddenly, and he groaned once again.

“Those fucks!” He yelled, as the floodgates of his mind opened, and the events from the previous day washed over him like a tidal wave. He winced at the sound of his own yelling. Too loud, too loud. He now realized why the light hurt and his head was throbbing and why the sound of his own voice made him want to throw up. He was hungover. And based on how well he was remember the previous day, he had a pretty good idea as to why.



Joe worked as a researcher for Apex Technological Innovations, or ATI for short, a research facility that funded him and his many scientific endeavors. While he’d been pumping out minor successes over the years, none had seemed to appeal to ATI’s picky-ass board of dick-rectors, as he liked to call them, and their greedy little one track minds. All those suit and dress wearing monkeys cared about was tech that would help them make more green stuff.

Their main reason for funding him five years earlier was for no other reason than the potential they saw in his scientific break through: The power of molecular manipulation, AKA a growing/shrinking process. While at the time he’d only managed to make any progress on a molecular level, he theorized that he could scale the process to include larger objects, both organic and inorganic.

While this discovery had limitless potential, ATI’s board had only one goal in mind; To sell the process and make trillions of dollars in the process. They then agreed to fund Joe, giving him 5 years to perfect the process on a larger scale.

Yesterday had been the end of their predetermined date, and while Joe had made incredibly promising strides towards achieving his goal, he had yet to produce any concrete evidence of his process working. The meeting was originally meant to discuss extending the deadline and increase funding, but the board had blindsided Joe and instead terminated their contract right then and there.

After exchanging a few choice words with the bird, the last thing Joe remembers was storming out of the boardroom, driving straight home, and grabbing a full bottle of Jack Daniels from the bar.



Well, that explained the hangover at least. But where was he? His nostrils flared as he smelled the familiar scent of chemicals and basement must. That must have meant he was in his basement lab. There was also a heavy scent of alcohol, masking the lab/basement smell, and Joe glanced around blurry eyed trying to figure out where it was coming from. His eyes searched his immediate surroundings until he glanced upon a bottle of good ol’ Jack Daniels. A Bus sized bottle of good ol’ Jack Daniels.

Joe’s eyes grew wide, and the bleariness faded as the massive brown bottle beside him came into focus. The words Jack Daniels, old No. 7 were printed on a bottle so massive he could fit inside of it. Joe sat up straight, and momentarily forgot his current state. At the same time, he felt his stomach lurch from the sudden movement, and immediately vomited in both a dizzying sickness and out of pure excitement.

“I BLARGH did it BLAAARG!” He yelled in excitement through gags and tears. Somehow, last night, he’d perfected the molecular manipulation process! Standing up on shaky legs, he glanced around him for his lab desk where his notes from the previous night would hopefully be. Hopefully, in his blacked out state he’d managed to take down some form of notes, maybe even recorded some of it on a webcam he kept near his table.

A cool breeze caused him to shiver as he also realized he was butt naked. While not the first time he’d woken up from a blacked out daze in his birthday suit, he certainly hadn’t been expecting it.

“Brrr. Gonna have to stay away from Jack for a bit after this. Drunk science can be… “ He took one look around him and realized his desk was nowhere in sight. In fact, he hadn’t remembered his basement being so… big. It was at that moment that Joe realized he hadn’t caused the bottle of Jack to grow. Looking up, he saw the ceiling and lights way above him. Impossibly far above him. He could also make out the lip of his lab counter and his clothes in a heap to his right. The pile was massive, and almost made Joe wonder how he’d missed it.

“...dangerous.” He finished, coming to the full realization that he’d gone and drunk scienced himself to 5 fucking inches tall.