- Text Size +

Alex stepped off of Kelsi's outstretched hand onto the cold glass of her coffee table. Alex stumbled forward, his head gazing up as he squinted past the lights above him at the massive billboard sized faces staring back down at his tiny form. Alex felt the regret creeping into his head as silence filled the room for a moment.

"Well? Introduce yourselves!" Kelsi directed the three other girls. 

"I'm Ava" the girl to Alex's right announced first. He locked eyes with her immediately. For a normal sized person, she was somewhat short, maybe 5'1", but compared to him she was the size of an office building. Her skimpy dress was adorned with small flowers that curved around her form, each of which was larger than Alex in his entirety.  Behind her red lipstick and blue eyes, Alex saw a look of a deep and focused curiosity. It gave him goosebumps as he stood marooned on the glass table. He shook it off as nerves once again besieging him, and stumbled out a coy "Hi."

Ironically, Ava had been one of the largest opponents of inviting Alex to go with them. Kelsi had insisted, so she went along with it, but still had her hesitations of going with a tiny. Upon being introduced, Ava's opinion changed dramatically, something about looking down at the little person made her feel empowered. She was already debating making a move on him during the party -- or just taking him for herself, he was a tiny at a party after all, not like anyone would even notice if he disappeared. She crossed her legs and smiled at Alex, ready for the night.

"Grace" the next girl declared. Alex turned to see a taller girl who made him feel that much more insignificant. Alex tried to ignore her short skirt and thin tank-top which hardly hid her boobs, each of which almost dangled over him. Alex felt like if a strap broke he would be crushed under them. Behind the hills above him was her face, her eyes piercing through him with a complete lack of emotion. Alex struggled to tell if she was annoyed or just didn't show any feelings at all. She was clearly not as pasty white as the other girls, but Alex didn't want to comment, he couldn't tell what her ethnicity was at all. "Hey" he mumbled.

Grace was pissed. Why would Kelsi want this little shit here? What's even the point? It's not like having to take care of an ant all night will be fun for anyone. It made her furious that Kelsi had been so insistent. She did everything she could to be polite in that moment, but it was to preserve the night and nothing else. As she stared down she wondered if Kelsi would even notice if Alex went missing, probably not. One "Misstep" at the party and the ant would be a stain on some dirty carpet. Something inside her loved that idea.

"Ellie" the final girl called from Alex's right. Once again, he turned to see the last girl at their pregame. She was clearly the most confident of the group, with her head held high and her blonde hair drifting down past her shoulders. Similarly to Ava, she had a small dress on only hers was a bright red, covering Alex in the red reflected off of it. Alex gazed up at her face and to his surprise, she seemed to be glad to see him. Not a creepy smile but an honest one. Alex dropped some of the stress he was carrying, perhaps this girl could be a new friend. "Hi"

Ellie looked down at Alex. She was thrilled she and Kelsi convinced the others to let him come. She had always had a knack for befriending tinies and this was no exception. The red of her dress engulfed the reflective table as she looked over this guest. 
"Do you want a drink" Kelsi asked from behind.

"Uhh, yeah whatever you have" Alex responded as Kelsi walked into the other room. Only now did he notice that each of the girls was hugging a glass of something. Alex assumed that 'something' was mostly alcohol.