- Text Size +

As Alex meandered down from his desk, he was filled with anticipation. A party? That he was invited to? Finally a real college experience, he thought. Maybe he could even get with a girl. Would there be tiny girls? Do tinies usually even go to college parties with normal sized people? Alex had no idea, but the thought of the party spurred him on as he got in his buggy and started the drive to his dorm room. 

His mind raced in anticipation as he climbed the sidewalk in his small car. Parties were commonplace for others but for Alex this was his opportunity to make an impression and defy his size for once. His phone buzzed as a text from Kelsi arrived. 

"Get to my place at like 9 to drink, we'll go to the party after"

Perfect, Alex thought, he would arrive with the girls so there was no risk of getting turned away at the door. As he smiled down at his phone, Alex failed to see a giant pink converse crash into the side of his buggy. In an instant Alex felt his small car punted into the air, rolling around violently as the awkward shape of the car tumbled through the air. It crashed dramatically into the grass beside the sidewalk, rolling a few more times before settling upside-down. The cars were padded on the inside, the designers aware of the damage that could be done by normal sized people to the tinies inside. 

Alex crawled out, covered in many small cuts and bruises he stood up to see what had happened. In the distance a girl around his age was walking away, the pink converse skipping down the pavement. She'd kicked the buggy for fun when she was walking with no regards for Alex. To her he was just an ant or maybe a toy at best. Alex felt a familiar sadness sweep him as he turned to see the dented and contorted metal of his car. He'd have to put in a lot of work to fix it. For now, though, Alex wandered away from his buggy and he finished the walk up the hill to his apartment in sad solitude. 
He stumbled through his dorm room door to see Brian watching TV. Even given their awkward relationship, Brian couldn't help but comment.

"You get in a fight?" He asked with a smirk.

"I'm not really in the mood to talk about it" Alex responded. Normally that would be a lie to end the conversation but this time he meant it. Brian relented and returned to his show while Alex fixed himself up in his room. As more questions raced in his head about the party, Alex wanted to know more before jumping in, if he didn't ask any questions he could get hurt. It was no mystery to Alex that the missing persons rate for tinies was exponentially higher. He walked out to Brian, trying to be as casual as possible.

"You ever see any tinies at those parties you go to?" Alex asked.

"Uhh" Brian hesitated like a deer in headlights, "yeah.. sometimes"

Alex didn't really know what to make of that, but he pressed on.

"Is it like, dangerous to go to a party?"

"Are you going to one?" Brian responded, ignoring Alex's question.

"Mind your own shit Brian" Alex snapped, returning to his room to study for a few hours before the party. As he studied he thought about Brians response and exactly what he was thinking about when he hesitated. Eventually, he was able to shrug it off as being surprised. Alex didn't want to let anything get in the way of his excitement for this party.