- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is a continuation of Tiny Josh's First Date by The Huz All Characters are used with permission from the original's author. Any events henseforth are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Adult content is included in this story so, it is for adults only.

            Josh couldn’t believe it was finally here. He sat in the crowded auditorium, dressed in his beige and red cap and gown and awaited to be called up to receive his high school diploma. It had been a long road over the past three years but, he’d made it. He looked over at the sea of grinning parents and found his mother, Brianna snapping pictures. It did his heart good to see her so happy but, he still wished his girlfriend was there for him too.

            It was not that Karen didn’t wish to be there because she did but, it was because their relationship was a secret one from friends and family. Both felt it was best that way due to the circumstances. They both felt no one they knew would understand.

            You see, Karen wasn’t your normal teenage girl. She was a Brobdingnagian girl in love with a human boy, that boy being Josh. Her people tended to look down upon the little humans and felt they were inferior to them. Karen was unusual in this for she felt the humans were every bit as much her equal with the obvious exception of size and strength.

            When Josh met Karen, he had been rather small for a human male, standing at five feet and one inch tall. This had made him shy and awkward towards girls his own age. Over the last two years however, his body had grown some more, giving him a final height of five foot six inches, an average size that he felt he could live with. In addition to height, Josh had filled out a bit more and had grown out of his awkward stage. He was toned and that boosted his confidence which, in turn, caused the very girls that used to ignore him take notice.

            There were many girls who showed interest in him but, he always let them know he was already seeing someone. He was always sure t let them down gently for he knew what it was like to be rejected in a not so subtle way. It had gotten to the point where many of the young women were wondering which girl he was dating. All they knew was her name was Karen. Josh felt they didn’t need to know his girlfriend stood nearly seventy feet tall.

            As he waited patiently for Principal Daniels to call his name, Josh’s phone vibrated in his pocket. He discreetly removed it and checked the screen, He had received a text from Karen! He smiled as he thought about how, not even a year ago, that wouldn’t have been possible.

            For the longest time, human and Brobdingnagian technology had been incompatible. However, apparently both races had been working together to change that. The result was the new version of Josh’s phone. It had new components that dampened the signal from their Brobdingnagian counterparts while being able to boost their own.

            So, when the couple heard about the breakthrough, they saved every bit of money they could to buy them. Being able to talk and text while away from each other was something they had wanted since they’d started dating.

            “Hey, baby,” the text read, “I wish I could be there for your big day. Congratulations on graduating. I’m SO proud of you! I love you! See you later tonight. Have fun with your mom today!

            Josh covertly sent a love emoji quickly to let his girlfriend know he’d gotten her message. Karen knew he wasn’t going to be able to send detailed replies and wouldn’t be expecting an answer but, an emoji would be a nice surprise for her.

            Finally, Josh heard his name called and he stood. He walked over to the principal and, wearing a big smile, shook the man’s hand and accepted his diploma. He returned to his seat dutifully and enjoyed the rest of the commencement and ceremony.

            It had been decided early on that Josh would go out to dinner with his mother after graduation instead of going on the class trip with his friends. They knew how important his relationship with his mother was so they didn’t give him too much grief over it. After all, Brianna was the only real family Josh had. Of course, they’d be close.

            While at the restaurant, Josh and his mother started talking about his summer plans and about the start of his freshman year at college. Josh told her that he planned to keep working at the family store until the fall semester started. Then Brianna tried once again to get him to introduce her to his girlfriend.

            “I just think it’s strange that,” Brianna said in her soft gentle voice, “you’ve been dating this girl for two years and you haven’t brought her home to meet your mother. Are you ashamed of me? Are you worried I won’t approve of her?”

            Josh shook his head, “It isn’t anything like that. You’re the best mom I could have ever hoped for!”

            “Then, what is it? She asked, her eyes almost begging.

            “I’m worried you might misjudge her by her appearance,” Josh answered, trying to appease his mom whilst keeping Karen’s size a secret, “Karen’s not like other girls.”

            “Josh, I promise I won’t judge her at all,” Brianna responded, “I only want to meet the young woman who’s made my son so happy. You yourself have told me how much she’s helped you.”

            “She has,” replied Josh, “Karen’s really helped build my confidence and supported me through the rough times. Not that you didn’t do that too, don’t get me wrong but, it helped to have more than a one person support system. I’ll tell you what. I have a date with her tonight. I’ll speak with her and see if she would like to meet you. I think she’s really nervous about meeting you, to be honest. She’s scared of what you’ll think of her.”

            “She doesn’t need to be,” Brianna stated, as she smiled sweetly, “I’m sure she’ll see I’m harmless when she meets me.”

            At this, Josh smiled and giggled internally, thinking to himself, you have no idea, Mom.

            “I’m sure she will, Mom,” Josh answered, “I think her nervousness comes from the fear that you won’t like her.”

            “I’ll like her just fine, I’m sure,” his mother told him, “If for any other reason than what she’s done for my boy.”

            “Thanks, Mom,” he said, “That means a lot to me. I’ll be sure to pass it on to her for you.”

            About that time, their waitress brought out their meals. She set Brianna’s plate of pasta and grilled chicken down first and then set down Josh’s order of a double burger with steak fries. Josh’s mother couldn’t believe he didn’t want something more expensive but, if it was what he wanted, that’s what he would get.

            For the most part, they ate in silence with the exception of some small talk. They touched on only a few light topics such as how he felt about the upcoming local elections and if he was excited they were adding a new electronics store in their biggest shopping center. Near the end of their meal, Brianna touched on the subject f what her son wanted to study in college.

            “I’m not sure right now,” he said, “There are a couple majors I’m interested in. English is one and the other is Social Studies.”

            “Those are pretty different subjects, Josh,” his mother told him, “I can see why you might major in English since you’re so good at it but, why Social Studies?

            “I kind of like the idea of becoming a diplomat,” he replied, “It would be really fulfilling to bridge gaps between to different cultures and help build understanding. As an ambassador, I could do that.”

            Brianna smiled widely, “Well, that’s a noble goal, kiddo. I think you’d do well.”

            When they finished their meals, they paid their bill and thanked their waitress. Josh and his mom walked to Josh’s old Honda Civic and opened the door for her. Then, after walking around and getting into the driver’s seat, he drove them home.

            An hour and a phone call later, Josh was on his way to meet up with Karen on the edge of town. His mother gazed from the window and watched as Josh drove away and noted he was heading north. She paced back and forth, trying to decide if she should follow him and get a glimpse of Karen. On one hand, she trusted her son to do what he’d promised but, on the other, she was not only curious but, eager to meet the young lady who’d had such a positive effect on her child. She debated this with herself for an hour before her curiosity got the better of her. She grabbed her keys and hopped into her Ford Focus and started looking for her son’s car.

            Josh stood at the edge of the barrier but, did not see Karen. He looked around and saw only a few people and they weren’t even paying him any mind. If a seventy foot woman came into view, Josh doubted they’d notice. He pulled out his phone and dialed Karen’s phone number. It only rang twice before Karen answered it.

            “Hi, Joshy!” the pretty giantess said excitedly.

            “Hi, Karen,” Josh replied, “I’m at the barrier. Where are you?”

            “I’m hiding behind the trees on your left, honey,” she informed him, “I noticed a few humans so, I hid so I wouldn’t scare them.”

            “Karen, they wouldn’t get scared,” Josh said, stating a fact both knew very well, “They know you can’t cross the energy shield.”

            “I know but,” Karen responded, “I still didn’t want to alarm anybody. Are you ready to start our date?”

            “I sure am,” Josh told her, “I’ve wanted to see you all day! Be right there.”

            Josh hung his phone up and walked steadily through the barrier as he had done countless times before in the past two years. As used to it as he was, he still felt a familiar tingling as the energy passed through his body. He walked over to the trees on his left and was greeted by the sight of his beautiful girlfriend.

            Karen was wearing his favorite dress, an emerald green dress with a forest green satin sash that tied around her waist. The reason he loved the dress so much is it really brought out the color in her blue eyes and contrasted with her auburn hair. She looked like a goddess to him in that dress. The reason Karen liked it so much is because, not only did Josh pick it out for her when they were shopping on her phone but, he’d insisted on buying it for her. He wanted it to be a special gift for the woman he loved. Karen was not about to argue over such a thoughtful gesture and simply accepted it as a token of his affection towards her. She liked that her boyfriend wanted to lavish her with gifts and attention, even if he didn’t have the means to. The thought was enough for her. Things were never important to her anyway. It was the people in her life that were.

            She looked down at Josh, her heart beating faster when he came into view. He had become even more handsome to her than he’d seemed the last time she saw him. Josh had dressed in a dark gray suit with a white shirt and a dark blue tie. Even after two years of dating, he still dressed up to impress her. She loved that he put so much effort to look good for her.

            “How was graduation, sweetheart?” the Brobdingnagian girl asked sweetly.

            “It was really nice,” Josh answered, “Mom wouldn’t stop taking pictures.”

            “Moms are all the same,” Karen laughed, “Mine did the exact same thing. They’re just proud of us, Josh.”

            “I know,” Josh agreed, “Speaking of my mom… She asked me again if she could meet you.”

            “What did you tell her?” Karen asked, not wanting to let on her own mother had been pestering her about meeting Josh.

            “I told her I’d talk with you about it,” he said, “I mean, I’d love for her to met you. You’re so wonderful but, I’m so worried about how she’ll react to you being Brobdingnagian.”

            Karen’s hands lowered to the ground and formed a cup. Josh stepped into them and positioned himself in her palms. She slowly lifted him up to her face and kissed his face gently. He returned the kiss eagerly and placed a hand on her lower lip. She broke from the kiss and smiled lovingly at him.

            “I would love to meet your mother, Josh,” Karen whispered, “She’s an important person in your life. The worst thing that could happen is she stays on your side of the barrier out of fear. The second she asks me to put you down, I will.”

            “I don’t know,” said Josh, “I still think it’s too risky. I don’t want her forbidding me to see you ever again.”

            “I don’t want that either,” Karen responded, “But, we can’t hide our relationship from our parents forever.”

            “I know,” Josh replied, “You’re right. I just don’t know if they’ll understand.”

            “We’ll make them understand,” Karen stated with a reassuring smile, “Now, let’s start our date. I’ve been waiting all day to spend time with my boyfriend!”

            “Really?” asked Josh jokingly, “Where is he?”

            “Oh, shut up!” Karen laughed as she stood up carefully and carried Josh to their special hideaway.

 

Chapter End Notes:

To be continued...