- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Just a short story I had to do, with some crude symbolism thrown in.
A beautiful giantess stands poised, hands on slender hips, in a field of dust and dirt. All around her feet are tiny figures, working and toiling. She is dressed in classy, skimpy clothing, and is adorned with diamonds and fur. Her gaze drifts downwards and rests upon one of the tiny figures she is towering over.
She slowly lifts her leg. Her silver skirt sparkles and begins to crease up as her leg forms a right angle to her thin, straight body. The bend in her knee leads straight downwards, even past the ankle where her white stiletto heel seems to form an arrow pointing towards earth. Where it points, her shadow follows, until it pauses over the tiny figure toiling below her.
The figure looks up, and drops his tool in surprise and dismay. The massive silhouette of the bottom of her shoe is high above him, the dark sole of her white feminine heel, a solar eclipse. It begins to grow larger as it starts to descend, like a planet falling from heaven.
Dark specks on her sole become visible, chunks of earth adhering to her otherwise immaculate clothing. There is a smell of fresh dirt and the sound of earth pattering onto earth. It is falling all around him, a meteor shower of dirt in the shadow of her shoe.
The shadow grows much wider. The sky is gone, replaced by a vast, dark ceiling. Displaced air rushes around the tiny man as it draws ever closer, an unstoppable descending doom. The smell of leather and dust becomes prevalent.
Sounds of rushing wind blow in the man's ears. The horizon becomes a thin bright line, rapidly disappearing, and then, only blackness.
There is a dull whump as her foot lands on the earth. Clouds of dust blow up around her gigantic shoe and swirl madly about as if searching for safe purchase.
The massive pillar of her stiletto heel rises up above the ground as she raises her ankle, leaving her sole planted firmly on the earth. She starts twisting her ankle back and forth, slowly grinding her god-like foot into the dirt. Sounds of earth scraping and grinding emanate from beneath it.
The woman's eyes flicker up. She looks into the distance and her hands drop from her hips as the titaness begins to move. Her leg rises from the ground, heel first, then her whole foot as she starts to walk. The enormous leg swoops forward past her other, foot spreading slightly as it takes the weight. Soon it too begins to rise up, heel first, and take off, leaving only a massive shoe print and a cloud of dust in the midst of the tiny working figures.