- Text Size +

The earth rumbled as the bride awoke in a pool of sticky wine.  The last thing she remembered was chatting with her friends, shooing away Jennifer as the woman kept insisting that the party was over, and she had to leave now.  It was her wedding!  As she watched the tall blonde saunter over to the edge of the room, beige flip-flop style sandals slapping against her soles, she was again infuriated by her lack of professionalism.  How dare she be so informal at MY wedding, there’s no tip coming for her!  As one of her friends drunkenly tried to pass her more wine, she noticed Jennifer demonstrating some kind of device to the assistant.  Then, a flash, and waking up here.

There was another incredibly loud, thundering boom and the bride was shocked out of her reverie.  Turning around, she began to try and get her bearings.  Suddenly, a beige wall, ten stories tall and miles wide, slammed down about fifty feet in front of her.  As she looked up, she noticed some enormous, peach colored pillars on top.  Were they moving?!   Suddenly, a titanic voice boomed out, deafening and all around her.

“See, this is the fun part of the job” the voice thundered.  “Our tiny bride is down there.”  The bride looked directly up into the sky, and opened her mouth in a wordless scream.  Above her, larger than anything she’d ever seen, was the enormous face of her wedding planner, Jennifer, smiling down at her.  “So, what do we do with them?” thundered another voice.  That must be the assistant, the bride thought, screaming aloud now but still retaining some of her faculties.  “Well, she complained about my shoes 5 times tonight, so I guess I’d better take them off” the goddess sized blonde responded.  Suddenly, the bride recognized the beige wall in front of her.  She saw the pink pillars retract as, with a tremendous scraping noise, Jennifer removed her foot from her sandal. 

The sky changed from the face of an enormous blonde to the sole of her enormous foot, and as the foot lowered the bride found herself underneath the ball, as it hovered a few hundred feet overhead.  She was dumbfounded as her new sky flexed and wrinkled as the titanic wedding planner scrunched her toes, noticing for the first time the red polish decorating each one.  “One more thing, make sure they’ve fully paid up before you “play” with them” thundered the blonde again.  “It’s a real bitch to get the money from collections”.  With this, the enormous big toe centered itself over her and began to descend.  Screaming through her tears, watching the skyscraper sized digit get larger as it got closer, the bride threw up her hands in a meaningless gesture, then blackness.  Crunch.

“Awww, that one didn’t even try to run.  Poor thing.” said Jennifer, as she turned over her foot so Amanda could inspect the bottom.  She could just make out the tiny bride, crushed and adhered to the pad of Jennifer’s toe, remnants of her white dress visible among the red smears.  She shivered, and resolved to always stay on her boss’s good side, lest she suffer the same pitiful fate.  “Slip off your shoes, and let’s get the rest.  We only have 10 more minutes on the clock, and I want to watch Grey’s Anatomy tonight.” “Why the shoes?” Amanda asked, a bit puzzled.  “Gotta make sure they squish, don’t want any getting stuck in the treads of your shoe and escaping” Jennifer responded with a wink.