- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I'm planning on making this just a series of short unrelated stories, with little continuity or recurring characters. Just a little experiment.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Intro chapter, I'll add the short stories later (and later could mean days or months because I'm a disaster)

Pain, pain and death.

That's all what she knew, that's all she ever knew in all her many years of life. It has been a torture to walk that world, a curse.

The world in question was once the seat of a mighty and illustrious empire, it's name forgotten long ago, now there were only ruins and radioactive waste. The last body of water was contaminated with toxins, the last tree had burned years ago, the last city destroyed and sacked more than a century ago, the last spaceship of what once had been a grand mighty fleet was no more than a chunk of metal orbiting the planet.

As she walked through the sands, in the middle of nowhere, the woman felt the last of her energy being depleted, step by step. Weeks ago she had found a can of some kind of food that might as well be the last can of food there and in the nearest ten star systems and that simple vlcan was the only thing sustaining her. Somehow nobody had found it yet, after all those years, she thought.

Nobody, that word sparked more emotions, she didn't remember the last time she talked to someone, she didn't even remember the face of her parents.

And now, in the middle of the burning sands, she thought that maybe she was the last of her kind.

Her walk was suddenly interrupted by a rock that made her fall straight into the floor. The sands softened the fall, but she realized that there was nowhere to walk to, no reason to stood up. She had been walking for months, going from place to place looking for food or more of her kind. Nothing.

Why even bother with wasting energy standing up? She rolled over her back and looked at the sky, the blue sun of her world burning through the sky like the great star it was, the only thing she could consider pretty. At least she had found a nice spot to die.

But something was wrong.

The sky suddenly blackened, the blue star suddenly blocked by a black sphere. She stared, even if it was burning her eyes, because she felt a call.

Then there was something else, the pain, the death and the suffering of the land felt like it was converging on her. There were no words to describe it, thousands of years of warfare, plague, crisis and disasters coming together in the body of a young woman. Indescriptible pain was the only thing she felt for what seemed like hours.

And then, calm.

Her husk, with it's ragged skin and broken limbs had been abandoned. She was something new, something else. She didn't feel pain and would never feel it again. She was above pain.

The eclipse was still bothering her sight though, so she extended her hand and moved the moon away.

It wasn't picking up the moon with her hands what surprised her, it was the fact that her hand no longer suffered as she moved it.

And as the moon, shattered by the force that the hand had exercised on it, cleared the way for the blue star to shine again on her, she realized that her body, while still her own, with it's purple skin and lavander hair, was beaming with immense power.

And then, she realized that nothing of her past, mortal life mattered now, expect for one thing, a name, her name.

"Vai'khali" she said, her voice resonating through the void, in a tongue now spoken by just one being.

Chapter End Notes:

The stories are going to feature less edginess and more giantess I swear