- Text Size +
We find out what happened the day that caused our minuscule hero Jackie to be terrified of humans

--------------------------

New Delmore High School for Micros, several years prior

Jackie ran down the hallway along with the hundreds of other students scared out of their minds as she heard the footsteps of the human girl smash another classroom. She’d hoped that maybe, the micros inside escaped the foot of the girl that had decided to ‘conquer’ the school. But everyone in the hallway that was running including Jackie knew the human girl wouldn’t leave any survivors in her wake. Jackie knew as soon as she realized she’d gotten all of the ones in the class room, she’d move on to where most, if not all the students and faculty were running towards. The Anti-Human Bunker.

It was put in place along with the school as a needed safety measure for the tiny students in an already massive and world. It had the seal in front of it of by it’s builders. The seal read that it was guaranteed to be withstand any force that human could deliver. Unfortunately, the builders said the same thing about the entire school itself. And the giant human girl showed no issue stomping her way through the buildings as well as pounding through the roof with her fists to grab the micro students that were trying to hide from her. The ones that were caught by this massive girl were immediately brought to her giant mouth, only to be chewed up and the bits swallowed. Jackie could only imagine the horror on which the human girl was inflicting on the ones she didn’t eat or didn’t crush. The ones she put in her pockets seemed to be the most unfortunate ones.

Jackie along with her classmates ran into the bunker and her teachers were already waiting for them. They were handing out supply bags to the students as they came in, some of them were still shaking as they collapsed onto the ground. Jackie tried her best to find some solace by looking for her best friend Jenny in the building by calling out to her, ignoring the evil laughs coming from the giantess as she did more unspeakable acts to the unfortunate micros unable to get inside the bunker in time.

“Jenny?” Jackie called out as she was handed a bag full of a few water bottles along with some snacks to keep her nurished until the girl could be contained. “Jenny, where are you?” Jackie continued to look around as she felt a mini earthquake behind her. She turned around to see the vault style door begin to close as one more student came in, sealing them all inside. The room turned quiet as the only thing heard was the audible laughs followed by the massive stomps coming closer and closer to the bunker.

“Oh little bugs, come out and play.” The goddess teen said out loud. Even with the soundproof walls around them, the micro students and teachers heard every word that their former ‘classmate’ yelled out to them. Some of the people that were around Jackie began to panic, screaming from the stress of the situation. Jackie remembered the human’s name that was killing her classmates, teachers and other passer bys. Carissa. She seemed nice at first. It was an exchange program with a school from another state where one of their students would stay at the micro school for a few weeks while a few micros would be with the human school. For the micros who transferred over, they spoke of tall building as giant humans, some of whom hadn’t even seen a human up close before let alone the amount they saw. The ceremony introducing Carissa to the micro school was met with mixed reaction from the student body but this exchange program was an important milestone in Human-Micro relations so the students looked over the fact that their new classmate was a massive human to them. And things went without issue for the first few weeks. A broken leg from an accidental misstep here and there but overall, nothing too harmful. Jackie was even thinking of asking Carissa to tag along with her, Jenny and few others to travel to the Human district for some unique opportunities as an exchange student from out of state. That was until Jackie heard that Carissa had eaten a teacher whole. Swallowed her whole in front of the class and once she felt the squirming of the tiny woman slither down her throat, the survivors who were in the same classroom said she lost it. Grabbing micro students and stuffing them all over her body. From her shoes to tieing them into her hair. By the end of her rampage, there were no survivors that had been attached to Carissa’s body except for the ones she stuffed in her pockets.

“She knows we’re here.” A feminine voice cried out as the bunker was completely silent as they all heard the footsteps directly outside. A giggle was followed up by the roof being ripped directly off its foundation. The students screamed collectively as they all stood up and tried to look for any exit to escape from but the only entrance or exit was the vault door that was sealed tight and would require the twenty four digit code to open. They all looked up to see the giant Carissa holding the roof that was said to be neigh near indestructible, much like most of the school that was either underneath her soles or digesting in her stomach like the students that managed to survive her chewing on them. She held the so called ‘indestructible’ roof like it was nothing more than paper.

“There you all are. I was wondering where all my friends went.” Carissa said devilishly as she dropped the roof on the ground outside the bunker, making the micros inside bounce up in the air as Carissa herself bent lower to get a clearer view of her ‘toys’. “And you all got together for me. You know, all my friends back home are going to love every single one of you. Henrietta is going to go nuts for the tiny guys in here.” Just as Carissa was going to pluck the bunker right out the ground, another feminine voice shouted at her and this voice, most of the students assumed that this was another giantess about to come help Carissa take them all to a foreign land where they would never see their homes, friends or families ever again.

“Freeze mamm. I’m with the MPA, put the bunker down and come quietly. If you do what I say, I’ll be sure that you only get a few years in prison.” The Micro Protection Agency was sort of the law for any and all Human-Micro crime. It only had a little more than a dozen outposts in the world so their reach was not that extensive but fortunately for the students, the MPA had recently put a base in New Delmore a couple weeks before Carissa arriving.

After the incident known commonly to New Delmore residents as the ‘Terror of the Human’, Jackie and her family left out of fear of another attack similar to the one she’d just barely escaped from. It took almost five years of therapy for Jackie to all but forget her terrifying experience with Carissa. She couldn’t remember that day or even the ‘good times’ she had with Carissa if she tried but all the time and money all went away the moment she locked eyes with Marleigh’s roommate and made Jackie remember the things she wished to forget. All the pain, the screaming, the ungodly noises Carissa made while she went on her rampage came back to haunt her.

“Jackie? Are you alright?” Marleigh said as she brought Jackie over to her bedroom as even Carissa was beginning to worry about the small girls safety. “One minute, you’re relaxed and giving me a foot massage and the next, you’re like this. What happened?” Marleigh set Jackie on her nightstand as she sat on the bed to let her tiny friend explain.

Jackie took a big breath in as she felt the warmth Marleigh gave off. “You remember the incident I told you about? The time my school was almost destroyed by a human girl and how I was terrified to even go near a human until you came along?” Marleigh nodded along as Jackie continued. “Well when I saw your roommate, I had a bad feeling about her and then all these repressed memories came back to haunt me the moment I saw her. And I don’t want to come off as rude or insulting but I think your roommate is the same girl that attacked my old high school.”

“You know you can’t go throwing accusations like that. I’ve known Carissa for years and she’s the nicest person I’ve met. She works at a Micro medical center, she can’t be the same person you’re saying.” Marleigh said as she looked over at the cracked open door to see Carissa, sitting on the couch while browsing her laptop. “Jackie, I believe you, I really do but Carissa is a really nice person.”

“Marleigh, she killed half of my graduating class. Ten percent of the student body gone that day. I-“ Jackie said as she saw the door open up slightly. A faint chill when up her back as she saw Carissa in the doorway.

“I guess I can’t out run my past forever.” Carissa said as she set her laptop down on another table. “I’m sorry I never told you Marleigh about that day. Let me guess, you were one of the students?” Carissa asked as she bent over to get a closer look at Jackie.

“Yeah, I was. If I remember correctly you wanted to take us to your home to sell off to your friends.” Jackie fired first, even if the giant Carissa wasn’t hostile, she was. She had nightmares about that day and hated the girl that gave her them in the first place. “You ate my favorite teacher, stomped on half of the freshmen class, and then basically forced me and my parents to leave town.”

“I know you’re angry Jackie but Carissa’s changed. She helps micros get better. She can show you. Maybe you can give her a second chance.” Jackie turned around as she Marleigh gently touch her back to calm her down. “I know Carissa hurt you but you can’t hold on to that pain forever. How about tomorrow, all three of us go out after we all get off? My shift ends at ten, Carissa gets off at six and then I can pick you up when you get off. How about that?”

Jackie sighed as she felt conflicted. She desperately wanted to spend time with Marleigh but dreaded being in the same room as Carissa, let alone hanging out with her. Fortunately, her love for Marleigh outweighed her disdain for Carissa at the moment. “I get off at nine. Yeah, I guess.” Jackie turned around to see both of them smiling down at her, Carissa even had a tear or two flowing down her cheeks as Jackie agreed. “Take me home Marleigh?” Jackie asked as Marleigh nodded, grabbing her micro bus shoes from the closet nearby.

“Thanks for giving me a second chance Jackie. I promise, I’ll do whatever you need me to do to make it up to you.” Carissa said as she walked away before Jackie could say anything back to her. Not that she wanted to. As far as Jackie was concerned, Carissa was still the monster from all those years ago.

“Were you thinking of riding in the sneakers or boots?” Marleigh asked as she came forward holding two shoes, the black and white sneakers in her left hand or the all white rain boots. “What were you thinking? I could go barefoot and you could get a show while we walk and talk. Or is it I walk and and you talk to me while you’re in my shoe?”

“How about the boots?” Jackie said shyly. Her aggression was slowly going away the more she talked to Marleigh. “You’d really go barefoot in boots for me?”

“Anything for you, my little micro.” Marleigh blew Jackie a kiss as she started to get the boots on. “Now, get in my shoes so I can get you home.” Marleigh winked to Jacked as she brought her foot up to the nightstand, letting the door open up for Jackie to hop inside. “I’ll be gentle Jackie, I promise. I’ll scrunch my toes for you when I can, maybe more if you’re good.” As Marleigh heard the door on her boot seal tight, she pulled out her phone to see how Jackie was. The app pulled up a live video feed of Jackie picking a seat and when she did, Marleigh selected the seat to begin her conversation with Jackie.

“Hey, didn’t expect you to call so soon.” Jackie joked as she put on her harness to lock herself in place. She then looked up to see Marleigh’s sole pressed down on the glass. “Your foot looks really soft in your boots.” Jackie laughed as she felt Marleigh move her foot down to the ground.

“Thanks, now that I have a little foot lover in my life, I’ll take care of them more often. Maybe I can go try out that new nail salon down the street.” Marleigh said as she began the walk to Jackie’s. “They hire micros, that way every nail is polished to the tee. I’ve heard it’s amazing. Maybe you could work there since you like giant girls feet so much.” Marleigh joked as she headed out.

-------------------------

So I kind of modeled the first half of this chapter from Goddess Lucy's story "The Deranged Exchanged" which is an amazing story, one of my personal favorites. I kind of mixed it up by showing the micro side of things rather than the human's side.

But let me know what you thought of this chapter and I might slow things down on this story depending on a few things because I have another story that I'm writing as well a semi big story coming soon. Hope to see you all there