- Text Size +
Contrary to popular belief, the story is not dead!

We get introduced to some new characters in this chapter but we mainly focus on our main 'couple', Marleigh and Jackie.

-------------------------

Jackie got off work, stepped outside looked around her surroundings, seeing the giant humans shoes pass by. Occasionally, she’d see the markings of the buses on the shoes of the humans walking by. Some were most likely full as it was ‘rush hour’ for the micros and humans alike. Jackie took a breath as she stepped out and headed for where Marleigh was set to meet her for their ‘date’. She didn’t know whether or not Marleigh knew something else was starting to build inside Jackie’s tiny heart for her but at this stage in their friendship, she didn’t want to outright say she liked her. She knew, in her heart that telling Marleigh she was interested in something more than just friendship would just drive her away.

As she stopped at the bus stop, Jackie saw a few other people waiting for their respective busses. She’d never actually seen this stop busy, considering the only times she used the service, it was at almost midnight. As she headed out into the actual sidewalk to head to the stop, she was soon overshadowed by a colossal figure. Jackie turned around and saw a giant black boot that could easily crush them all if the owner stopped mere feet from where they did. She along with her fellow micros looked up to see an actual goliath of a woman. Jackie even stepped backwards as she looked up in shock as the doors opened higher than any shoes she’s seen before. They were high up in the boot itself and it amazed her tiny brain. Just the woman’s shoe alone seemed like a building to the tiny people.

“Amy’s Rollercoaster of a Bus.” Jackie whispered to herself just as the people waiting at the stop eagerly stepped aboard. She even took note that some that came off the bus/shoe had black shirts that simply read ‘I survived Amy’s wild ride’. It made Jackie raise an eyebrow. Granted she was new to the whole idea of riding in Human shoes, she never thought of a human further marketing their brand so to say with shirts that labeled the ride as a ‘rollercoaster’.

Jackie soon noticed the now empty bench and headed to it. On the way, pulled out her phone to search up this new woman that had just taken more than a few micros willingly. She pulled out the app used for the ‘Micro-human transports’, the very same app she used to find more information on Marleigh a few days prior. She felt the steps of the woman leave the area and just as she pulled up the reviews on ‘Amy’, another pair of feet came into view. This pair of feet however were familiar, at least somewhat. Jackie stood back outside and looked at the girl she’d been waiting for. She looked up and saw the pair of feet she’d been under a few time before but this time however, the feet were out for the world to see. As Jackie got up, she saw the pair of white feet that she just barely see over. She noticed that Marleigh had painted her toes a black color, something that surprised Jackie as she saw Marleigh as the type of girl to get her nails done a more vibrant color.

“Hey little one, you ready?” Jackie smiled as she watched Marleigh bend over and extend her hand out to pick Jackie’s tiny body up. “I was thinking we can get coffee together or if you’re hungry, I know this really good place a few blocks from here.” Already, Marleigh’s sweet words made Jackie’s heart melt as she stepped onto her palm. “So you feeling hungry or what?”

“Oh umm, a little bit yeah. We can go get some food. I don’t mind.” Jackie said as she got comfortable in Marleigh’s soft palm. “I didn’t get a break today so I’m pretty hungry.” Jackie laughed slightly as she leaned back and relaxed as Marleigh started walking to their destination. She took note of how ‘tall’ Marleigh was in comparison to the other humans around her. Or really, how short she was. There were women that easily towered over not only Jackie but Marleigh as well.

“Hey so, how was your day Jackie? Anything interesting happen? I mean, I’ve just been sitting at home all day, waiting for our little meeting.” Marleigh said as she laughed as well. “I’m sure your day was much more exciting than mine was.”

“Oh um, I did get a ride from a girl earlier this morning. She was nice, short though. Kind of reminded me of you.” Jackie thought back to her short time with Zavannah and how nice she was to her. “She was really sweet.”

“Oooh Jackie, when’s the wedding?” Marleigh joked as she headed inside the restaurant. Jackie got a little red in the face as she got embarrassed at Marleigh’s joke. “I’m joking, I don’t see you as the type of girl to want to date a human.”

As they sat down at the table, Marleigh was very cautious to make sure Jackie was safe. Considering she was a literal fraction of her height, anything normal for a human would be considered extremely dangerous to a micro. The simple act of wiping away food off a table while having a meal with a micro could lead to some unintended complications for the smaller party.

“I mean...I haven’t ruled out dating a human. But there was this incident back in high school that kind of made me scared of humans for a few years. I had to go around my little town ducking behind cover every time I heard and felt an earthquake.” This caught Marleigh’s attention as she raised an eyebrow. “There was this exchange student that kind of destroyed the school. Really a terrible person. She was the worst Microphile that I’ve ever seen. Good thing she never noticed me or I wouldn’t be here today. They sent her away after a few days but those days were some of the worst days of our lives.”

“What’d she do?” Marleigh asked as their waitress came to help them.

“Alright, are you ready to order mam?” The waitress asked, completely overlooking Jackie who understandably remained silent as she knew speaking up wouldn’t end with her getting noticed.

“Oh umm yeah let me get the Chicken spaghetti with a water and whatever my friend here wants.” Marleigh looked at Jackie who in turn made the waitress look at her as well. They both noticed that she began to turn absolutely red with embarrassment.

“I am so sorry. I’m new here, my manager told me we don’t normally get micros in here. I’m so sorry. What would like miss?” The waitress seemed like she was extremely apologetic so Jackie let it slide. It wasn’t like it was her fault. Jackie herself was a literal fraction of an inch to them.

“Oh I think I’ll just share with her. And a small water too. As small as you guys have. Please and thank you.” As the waitress walked away, Jackie looked at Marleigh’s face. “You alright Marleigh? Don’t worry about her. I’m used to it. Being overlooked tends to be better than being stepped on. I guess.” Jackie laughed awkwardly as Marleigh just remained quiet. “Marleigh?”

“Sorry, I was just thinking. Not about her. Other things.”

“Like what?”

Marleigh sighed. “I’d rather not talk about it right now. But what I want to talk about is how you feel around me.” Jackie paused as Marleigh’s question hit her pretty hard. Did she figure she had a thing for her? “Like, me being a big, tall and menacing human might be a little intimidating for you. I was just curious what goes through your head when you’re getting my shoe. Willingly. After the things that girl was did to you and you classmates, you still got in my shoe.”

“Well ummm, yeah when I first got to take your...services, I was really terrified to get inside. The only other prior experience I’ve had with humans was with the girl that I saw once that had a really hardcore micro fetish. I’d rather forget about her. And the other one that almost destroyed the school I was attending.” Jackie looked at Marleigh’s face as she told her stories. “When I first got in your shoe, I was really scared because I’ve read horror stories of these humans that would take micros and sell them to the Asian Micro Market.” Hearing those words made Marleigh lean close to Jackie, so close in fact that her nose was right next to Jackie. She felt the warmth from inside Marleigh’s body every time she exhaled. “But you seemed really nice to micros like me. Before, I was completely terrified of humans. I was taught in school that humans would one day take us all up and sell us like we were nothing more than playthings. We had ‘human drills’ just in case a human wondered too close or that exchange student that almost destroyed that school.”

“You poor thing. I had no idea being that small could be so scary. Yeah, I’ve heard about that market, it’s horrible.” As Marleigh whispered, she felt Jackie’s soft and almost unnoticed touch on her lips as she closed her lips to prevent her accidentally suck her tiny friend into her mouth.

“Your lips are so soft and warm Marleigh.” Jackie said as she then briefly kissed her giant friends lips. She made it fast and unnoticeable to Marleigh as she continued. “It’s almost as if I’m touching a cloud. They’re so soft.”

Marleigh brought her head back up as to not destroy Jackie’s eardrums as she intended to speak using her fullest voice. “Oh thank you Jackie. I try to keep my lips really soft. Just in case that special someone wants a kiss.” The last few words that Marleigh said slightly confused Jackie. Just as she was about to respond, the waitress came back. Luckily, Marleigh had the hindsight to pick Jackie up as the waitress put the water glasses on the table, almost crushing poor Jackie as she did so.

“Here you are ladies. I tried to find the micro cups but I couldn’t so I had to use the human child cups. I hope that’s alright.” The waitress said as Marleigh looked at her as she smiled.

“It’s fine, we’ll make due.” As the waitress walked away, presumably to get the food. Marleigh looked at Jackie. “You’re alright with drinking from a big cup right?” She joked as she brought her own drink to her lips, sucking up small amounts of water through the straw presented but to Jackie, who was watching very close, the amount was comparable to almost thousands of gallons. She was amazed.

“Yeah, like you said, I can make due.” Jackie said, finally breaking the spell watching Marleigh drink had on her. “It’ll just take some time to get used to I guess.” Jackie said as she started to climb on the cup she was given. It was about the size of a small house to Jackie so she knew it would take some time to get to the top and start drinking.

“You seem really cute when you’re struggling to climb. Need any help?” Marleigh offered, half joking as she watched closely as Jackie made it up to the top of the cup, her muscles slightly shaking from climbing. “Oh you made it up all by yourself.”

“Yeah, no big deal.” Jackie said as she began to toss her shoes over the edge of the water to stick her feet in the ice cold water to let them relax for a bit. “Wow that feels nice.” Jackie said to herself as she looked at Marleigh. As the two of them locked eyes once more, there was a small but noticeable rumbling coming from underneath the table. Marleigh blushed as she realized what it was faster than Jackie.

“Sorry girly, I’m more than a little hungry. Just wish that waitress would bring me my food.” Marleigh said as she licked her lips, revealing the monster hiding behind those soft lips that Jackie had been admiring. Jackie trusted Marleigh enough not to be a full microphile but still, seeing the massive beast of a tongue that escaped briefly from Marleigh’s cavernous mouth. It sent chills down her spine, the only thing that overpowered her fear of the tongue was her feet being submerged in ice cold water. “A few more minutes and I might have to settle on eating you.” Marleigh laughed but soon realized the implication of almost threatening to eat Jackie. She noticed the actual, genuine fear that she had. It immediately made Marleigh’s heart sink.

“Marleigh, please don’t joke about that. I know you were joking around but please don’t bring that up again. Alright?” Jackie said as she finally brought her feet out of the cold water to warm them up slightly. She then looked up to see how remorseful Marleigh’s face was. The joke wasn’t meant to hit so close to home for Jackie, she knew this. “Sides, even if you did want to eat me, I doubt I’d fill you up.” Jackie joked back, trying to lighten the mood after she almost ruined their ‘date’. This small joke made Marleigh giggle a tiny bit before they were once again interrupted by the waitress coming back, this time with the food the both of them desperately needed in their system.

“Alright ladies, the chicken spaghetti. Would you two like any Parmesan on it? Any at all?” The waitress asked, as she looked at both Marleigh and the tiny Jackie.

“No I think we’re good, thank you.” Jackie said as she hopped down from the cup and near the plate.

“Alright, if you two need anything else, my name is Zipporah, I’ll just be running around here. Anyways, enjoy yourselves.” As Zipporah walked away, Marleigh started digging into the food, leaving Jackie only the scraps that fell off the plate and onto the table. Jackie picked up a piece of chicken before starting to devour it as well. A few bites into the chicken and she was already full. She laid down on a soft white napkin, caressing her stomach.

“Full already? But who am I going to share all of this with?” Marleigh brought her fork down to the napkin as she looked at Jackie. She then gently poked at Jackie’s stomach, making her giggle as the massive finger tickled her. “Wow you’re ticklish.”

“It comes with being tiny, after almost twenty years, I’m used to it.” Jackie said as fought through laughing. “Hey Marleigh, are we doing anything after this? You wanna just relax at...your place? Cause I don’t think I have the space to have you over at my place.” Jackie joked as she looked up at Marleigh once more.

“Umm sure. I don’t mind. Oh, we can watch this movie I just got a few days ago that I’ve been dying to see with a friend. I think you’ll enjoy it. It’s about this micro who meets the love of his life. In a mega. Sounds crazy right? We have to watch it together. I promise you’ll love it.”

“Sounds fun. Can't wait.”

-----------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, I believe the next chapter will be the last with this story but I am thinking of writing another story in this universe which I have yet to name. It is coming and there will be some new characters as well as some familiar ones in the next one so keep an eye out for that.