- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So before you all start reading, I have a small announcement about this story. I am putting it on a hiatus. I personally feel like I couldn't make a story like this continue without loosing some of the 'magic' of the original concept. I know this wouldn't be the first time I started a story only to end it unceremoniously but with this one, I left it open ended enough in case I do come back to it in the future but with enough closure so there's still closure. Somewhat. But I do have an alternate ending which was actually the way I was planning to build this story from it's inception so if you all wanted to see what my original idea was, let me know! But until then, this is the end of Taking the Bus.

Later that night, Jackie relished in the air around her. The smell of must and dried up sweat filled her nostril as Marleigh had pulled her shoes off several hours before but her feet still had that smell. The smell that Jackie secretly loved even if it was a tad strong for her tiny senses. But slowly the scent diminished in intensity and Jackie was able to actually toy with Marleigh’s feet. And both girls loved it. Especially Marleigh, who moaned fairly loudly when Jackie dug her whole body into the surface of soft sole flesh while she continued to read a book, only in her bra and panties. Jackie wanted nothing more than this to never end, the connection the two of them had made everything they’d both been through over their lives worth it.

 

But it had to unfortunately end. As Marleigh relaxed, occasionally wiggling her toes to get a small excitement out of the tiny Jackie, she got the alarm that made her heart sink with sadness. It was the alert that she’d been dreading. It was time for her shift on the streets to start. Marleigh sighed as she just wanted one night with her best friends without some interruptions but it wasn’t meant to be.

 

“Hey Jackie? We’ll have to continue this later. I have to go in at seven.” Marleigh just inhaled disappointed as she plucked Jackie off from her as she set her down on her nightstand. “I wish we could spend more time together but I gotta do my rounds. Maybe afterwards we can finish?”

 

Jackie pouted as she crossed her arms in protest, wanting equally to play with the pair of feet she loved so much. “Do you have to go? Can’t you take one night off? Just this one?” Jackie begged as Marleigh headed over to her closet to grab a shirt and some shorts to put on for the night as she headed back to the bed.

 

“Jackie, I wish I could. You know I’d much rather spend the night with you at my feet than out there with rude customers. I can’t even wear out favorite pair of shoes anymore since I have your special chair installed, I’m too afraid they’ll destroy it.” Marleigh grabbed a pair of white athletic shoes as well as a pair of black socks. “Now, did you want to stay here until I get back or take you home now?”

 

Jackie sat down as she leaned back to lay down on the wooden surface. “You mind if I spend tonight here again? I don’t mind. Sides, I have Carissa to keep me company.” Jackie sat up as she saw Marleigh’s face with the biggest smile on her face. “What?”

 

“You’ve come a long way Jackie. Before, you used to be so terrified to be around her and now you’re so comfortable having her around.” Marleigh moved close to Jackie, her nose being right in front of the small girl. Jackie laughed as she felt hot air at her feet as Marleigh exhaled through her nostrils. “Proud of you girly. Now, I’m gonna be going, I’ll text you when I’m done. Might be pretty late, it’s party time about now.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m prepared to stay up late for you.” Jackie then  got up to hub Marleigh’s nose which was as soft as it could be. Jackie smiled as Marleigh backed away and blew a kiss to her as she continued to get ready. “Hey Marleigh? Can...can I ask you a question real quick?”

 

“Yeah, what’s up?” Marleigh slid on her sock as she looked at the small girl.

 

Suturing and having trouble getting her question out, Jackie just went with the usual thing she did when her train of thought went off the rails. “I’ll ask you it later, it’s not important.”

 

Marleigh playfully rolled her eyes as she put on her other sock and then her shoes. “Fine, ask me it later. I want that question.” Marleigh giggled as Jackie stepped onto the open palm as she walked to the living room where Carissa was sitting on the couch. 

 

“Hey Mar, going out for the night?” Carissa looked over as Marleigh gently set Jackie on the top of the couch near the brunette’s head.

 

“Yeah, we lost track of time. Do you mind hanging out with Jackie until I get back?”

 

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I?” Carissa changed the channel once more as Marleigh blew one last kiss to Jackie as she headed out the door. Carissa then looked over at Jackie with a smile. “Hey, guess what came in today?” Carissa had been waiting all day to show Jackie the hoodie that the micro girl bought Marleigh. It came this morning, fortunately while Marleigh was still asleep. Carissa then brought it out as she unfolded it to show Jackie the final product. In the center was a selfie of Jackie as well as Carissa with the small girl being in the foreground, making it seem like they were about the same height. Jackie teared up as she looked at the hoodie. “She’s gonna love this Jackie.”

 

“Hope she will.” Jackie looked at Carissa with a smile as she then looked back down at the hoodie. “Until I get paid, that was all my cash. Hope you guys don’t mind me staying here a couple of days until I then?”

 

“Jackie, you can stay here as long as you need. I mean, think of all the places you can sleep. A cereal box or in a drawer. Or if you want you can you know…”

 

“No. As much as I like to sleep on Marleigh’s feet after she’s had a long, hard day, I’d much rather prefer a softer surface than a sweat stained insole. But I appreciate the offer. Thanks Carissa.”

 

Marleigh sighed with a heavy heart as she walked down the stairs of the apartment building, pulling out her phone, activating the app announcing to the micro passengers she was open for business. As she walked to her first stop, she played on her phone, texting both Jackie and Carissa in their group chat, keeping an eye on the ground as to not crush any death wish having micros. And when she looked up, she saw her friend from this part of her trek around town, Zavannah. She smiled as she was kneeling down on the ground, letting out her passengers from her sandals.

 

Marleigh soon cleared her throat as she carefully walked towards her friend, seeing a few micros leave her unique sandal design and heading into the micro section of the sidewalk. And just when she thought that all the micros were gone, Marleigh began to walk towards her until she saw Zavannah clutch a micro person up, whisper something she couldn’t exactly hear but soon, she set them on the ground and waved at them with a smile. “Hey Z, haven’t seen you in a while. What’s up?”

 

Looking up, Zavannah’s smile continued as she saw her friend. “Marleigh!” Zavannah then stood up fully, being a few inches shorter than her friend. “Where have you been? It feels like years since we’ve seen each other. What’s been going on?” She then looked down at Marleigh’s shoes with the Micro Bus logos on the side. She smiled. “Still walking around? How’s it been?”

 

“Oh it’s great. Kind of met my new favorite person doing this. She’s real sweet.” The pair began walking to the first stop, usually Marleigh’s best place for customers.

 

“Really? Wow Marleigh, I didn’t think you’d swing that way. How is she in bed? Is she into those weird things like they do in New York? Does she-“

 

“Umm no. She’s actually a micro. And umm get this, she really into feet. Not to embarrass her but I think it’s really cute.”

 

“Oh, that’s interesting, I never thought a micro would even want to be near our feet without some sort of barrier. Does she get off to just seeing or touching? Because if it’s the second one, what’s the little ones name? I might need a small massage later tonight. It could be a little threesome. Come on Marleigh please?”

 

Marleigh had thought about this exact situation with Carissa but she knew Jackie wouldn’t want to be under Carissa’s feet one more time. For now, she just stuck with having solo massages from her. “Her name’s Jackie and she’s starting at that nail salon down the street. Maybe you could drop by and visit her there. Maybe she can give you a special. Then maybe we can talk about doing a little foot party for her.” As the pair were talking, Marleigh’s phone bleeped as they began to head to the first stop, letting her see how many micros were waiting for her and perhaps Zavannah to give them lifts. “Six or so tonight. Not bad. Hey, how have they been to you lately? Your regulars switching over to the metro too?” Marleigh had taken a few nights off to hang out with Jackie and in the meantime, a new mode of micro transport came around with storming success. The Micro Metro system. A faster and much more efficient form of getting a micro business person from A to B. As well as it wasn’t left to some human driving them around which most micros enjoyed.

 

“Some but most like the experience I give them. It’s not really conventional in this business to wear sandals but I do it. I guess I found a market full of micros that love a show on their way to work or the club. I mean, what do you do that keeps customers?” As Zavannah asked, Marleigh stopped in front of the stop, pulling out her phone as she opened up the door to her shoes. 

 

“Just watch. Maybe you can give me pointers I guess.” Marleigh the clicked the one way video call connecting to all the seats. She wiggles her toes, deactivated the once blacked out screen above their heads to show off her sole and the underside of her toes. Marleigh soon cleared her throat as she clicked the communicator. “Hey guys, welcome to my ride. Or should I say my shoe? If you would, just swipe your card or bus pass, we can get this thing started.” Marleigh then muted herself as she looked over at Zavannah. “What?” 

 

“I’ll tell you in a sec.” 

 

Marleigh then looked at her phone, glanced at the transactions and then turned her audio back on to continue talking to her guests. “Alright everyone, let’s get going! Hope you all enjoy riding with Marleigh’s Majestic Bus rides!” Marleigh smiled as she finished off, scrunching her toes as she did so but as she looked at the people down below, she didn’t see faces light up like she imagined Jackie’s when she first took a ride in her shoes. Instead, she saw bored businessmen and some girls doing their makeup. She turned off her end of the feed and looked at Zavannah. “What’d you want to say? That I’m boring to them?”

 

“Marleigh, your personality? That’s great. You just have to get a gimmick to stand out because right now, your presentation is like everyone else. I know this one woman who gives out shirts for ‘surviving’ her rides. Or this one girl that treats her customers like family, is really like a mother to them. Find your market and develop your niche.” Zavannah then leaned in to lean on Marleigh’s shoulder. “Marleigh, you’re really sweet. Make it like that, I mean, what did you do that made Jackie fall for you in the first place?”

 

“I wiggled my toes. And my personality. But I get what you’re saying. I’ll think about it tomorrow. Anyway, I gotta get going to get these ungrateful people to the next few stops until midnight.” Marleigh looked at her friend with a smile. “It was great seeing you again Zee, after you get off, text me?”

 

“Yeah yeah, and don’t forgot to tell me when your Jackie is ready to give these dogs the massage they’ve been craving. I’ll even wash them if she wants them like that.”

 

“She actually does like mine when they’re clean. But she’s slowly liking it more and more when they’ve been fresh from my shoes.”

 

“I guess it’ll be a coin toss. Anyway, I’ll see you around Mar.” The two girls then hugged goodbye as they headed in opposite directions. Marleigh leaned her head back as she started walking to the next stop, pulled out her phone and called Jackie, just as a way to pass the time.

 

“Jackie, how’s your time with Carissa going?”

 

“It’s great! We even got you a present!”

 

Marleigh almost began to jump for joy as her mind raced with ideas as to what the ‘present’ for her was. “Was it...that fairy costume I’ve been wanting to see you in? Come on, is it?” 

 

“Umm no, sides I hate the color pink. But if it made you happy to see me in it…”

 

“It so would Jackie! If it’s not that, please do that! Maybe for my birthday coming up in a few weeks? Come on Jackie, you dress up as a fairy and play with my feet. Just for one day?”

 

“I’ll think about it. But your real present will be waiting for you when you get back. Along with your little foot lover and best friend.” Marleigh smiled as she continued heading over to the next stop as she practically skipped there. She couldn’t wait to get back and see them again.

 

Chapter End Notes:

And that is the end of Taking the Bus. If you want to see the original idea I had for the second chapter (with some changes) I might be able to do that!