- Text Size +

For the next few weeks at school Jenna lived in fear.  Her mother refused to measure her daily, but she could tell that she was getting smaller, about an inch a day.  Each day she stared up longingly at the mark she had left earlier that year, remembering the days she had towered over every other human.  Now she could walk through doorways without ducking, something she didn’t expect she would ever miss.

 

To compensate for her dwindling height, Jenna had vastly expanded her collection of high heeled shoes.  One day while she was walking to her locker after class she turned the corner and ran face-first into a pair of breasts.  Surprised, she took a step back, and looked up in horror to see Gina smirking down at her.  Ever since she had outshrunk Gina she had managed to keep her distance while the blond was content to observe her from afar.  This was the first time in a while she had seen Gina up close and the difference was staggering.

 

“Hey there small fry!” Gina shouted.  “Still waiting on that growth spurt, huh?”

 

“Shut up,” Jenna muttered, and tried to push Gina out of her way.  The larger girl did not even budge and continued looking down at her smugly.

 

“Jenna, I’m hurt!” Gina exclaimed.  “I’m rooting for you, really, I am!  I’m just waiting for the day that you’ll be, how did you put it, big enough to squash me?”

 

“Leave me alone.”  Jenna stepped sideways in an attempt to get around Gina, but this was hardly a new game for her and Gina easily anticipated her movement.

 

“I feel like we hardly see each other anymore, too,” Gina pouted.  “When school first started we were inseparable, now it’s like you’re avoiding me.  I mean, it is harder to see you now that you’re so small, but I still want to hang out with you.”

 

Jenna snapped.  She stepped in and sternly thrust a finger up toward Gina’s face.  “For your information,” she growled while Gina tried not to laugh, “I’m still the second tallest girl in the school, so why don’t you take that ‘so tiny’ crap and shove it?”

 

“Actually, you’re the third tallest,” interjected a voice behind Jenna.  She spun around and found herself eyes to nose with Shelby.  “Hey there, pipsqueak!  Nice shoes you got there.  How about you take them off and we find out how tall you really are?”

 

But I…” Jenna began to protest, but she knew it was worthless.  She was trapped between Shelby and Gina, both of whom towered over her significantly, and even if tried running she would not get far.  Reluctantly she slipped off her heels and slid them to the side.  As she did so Shelby seemed to grow larger until she was almost a head taller than her.  Jenna looked up at her, hoping that the boost from her heels had not been nearly as significant as it was.

 

“Wow, you’re really small!” Shelby said, looking down at her.  “I’m starting to doubt you’re even third tallest, probably not even top ten now.  With how you’re shrinking you’ll be looking up at your little friend in just a couple of weeks.”

 

“See, now that’s what a growth spurt looks like,” Gina butted in, placing a hand on Jenna’s shoulder.  “Shelby’s been sprouting up over the past few weeks instead of just talking about it.  Now she’s a distant second and you’re… whatever the hell you are.”

 

Shelby shouldered Jenna out of the way as she bent over and picked up the discarded high heels.  “I think I’ll be taking these,” she declared.  “Do you think I’d look good at seven feet, Gina?”  She nodded her agreement, and Shelby continued.  “As for you, tiny, I don’t want to see you wearing anything else that boosts your height, got it?  If you’re going to dwindle, do it with dignity.”  She slipped the shoes into her backpack and zipped it up while Jenna watched helplessly.

 

After slinging the bag over her shoulder Shelby stepped forward, sandwiching Jenna between herself and Gina.  They felt the smaller girl struggling to get free while they pressed harder, crushing her with their bodies.  Her flailing got more frantic and she tried to push Shelby away, but with no leverage she could not make her stop.  Finally, Gina stepped back, letting Jenna sprawl out on the floor at their feet.  The pair laughed at her and walked away, leaving her to gather her pride alone.