- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 


 

 

- 7 months ago

 

"Do you like splatoon?" Lucy asked trying to stay on her feet after a hard battle with the bottom of a bottle of wine. The reporter stayed as straight as possible, trying to hold until the time of live connection.


"What?" Fox's camera said without looking away from his work team, between confused and interested. To have an easy reporter in such a small place in America during the finals of the most boring children's softball game in the world was almost like a miracle.


"When I get drunk I like to play splatoon... it's a game... of octopus or squid girls, I never remember who are the good guys... they shoot ink and whoever paints more on stage..." The camera had eyes wide open, trying to understand. "Do you know... do you know the bitch?"


"...the bitch?"


"Yhess! The game console! It's made by Japanese gentlemen... jejejeje, Japanese... I shouldnt have drunk the fifth cocktail..." Lucy felt like that cocktail was coming back down her throat, holding it as she could.


"...Look girl, we have 15 minutes before the end of this fucking tournament, so I'll get straight to the point, do you want to come to the van and take a quickie?" The reporter pointed to the van, while leaving the camera recording. If they werent in the middle of nowhere, he would never dream of leaving the camera alone...


Lucy tilted her head confused, not understanding as on other occasions, well dressed, with makeup and well groomed was unable to take a boy to bed; and now instead half drunk and dressed in tracksuit was going to get to take him to bed.

"Yes Yes Yes!" Lucy jumped excitedly, running to the van... but standing halfway, leaning on a tree and releasing Willy.


The cameraman sighed, thinking to himself. "Better that she throw him out now than later"

 

 


 

 

- Now, underground jails of Luminous Garden

 

"Sorry! I'm so sorry!" Lucy was crying on her knees on the floor of the cell, not knowing whether to touch the bars or not.

(Logical thing, because few times in her life Lucy had the pleasure of being in such advanced facilities that even have glass bars with an unsettling phosphorescent green glow)


"I didnt want! It was an accident!" Lucy cried and said aloud, wiping her snot with her sleeve. (still stained with already dried blood)


It was between cries and laments that Lucy looked up, watching as a kind of floating roomba about 2 feet high stopped in front of her cell. Lucy was frozen, completely terrified while the roomba opened a compartment from which came a handkerchief hooked to a sort of mechanical toy arm.

"Dont cry anymore, sweety, the Goddess has never done any real harm to anyone" The roomba spoke in a totally unexpected way while the arm extended to Lucy.


"Thank you... whatever you are"

 

 


 

 


 

 

- Also now: Luminous Garden, royal residence of the Descendants.

 


The main living room of the mansion was completely closed to the ceiling, not even a fly would be able to escape from the place. And all this due to the fact of the entry covered with tears of Celica.


"She has raped me with her look! Now I can never get married!" Celica cried inconsolably, burying her face between her knees. "My life is finished before I even reach adulthood!" Her cries and laments were heard throughout the residence and by all her brothers and sisters of her ... or at least the two accompanied her in the room.

Celica was still trying to understand how it had happened, looking for someone who could be to blame. For the 11-foot girl, the simple fact of having forgotten to close the shower with a latch was already an unforgivable crime.

For the daughter of the Goddess Eva, having been caught off guard was a crime that only death could purge.


"Come on, come on... It could have been much worse!" Lahda, Celica's best friend all her life, tried to comfort her by standing on the sofa and hugging her friend's head. Lahda had always been behind her enormous friend, comforting her and acting as her great counselor, so Celica's current situation was nothing new... although the fact that this time the perpetrator was a foreigner.

 

One of Celica's brothers and the only one here, the fourth son Gwin, got up from his chair so furious that as soon as his two feet touched the floor the lights of the living room stopped working for a few seconds. "Dont comfort her, Lahda! It has been her fault again! Let's focus on how we assassinate that inferior trash and how later we take care that all her family and acquaintances pay for their acts!"

 

The violence of Gwin was not new among the assistants, reason why the great majority avoided to follow its game. Except the only person more proud than him.

"How dare you tell me to not comfort her?! Listen well, brat!" Lahda jump from the handmade sofa just for her and Celica, walking towards Gwin and standing in front of her. A titan in front of a fly, but a vengeful and resentful fly.

"We'rent going to kill anyone! That lower trash will get your mother's judgment-" Lahda fell down, as Gwin's eyes and hair turned red.


"Lahda, you may now be a great counselor, but you would do well to know your place-" ZAS! A hand as big as Gwin's head slap on the back of his neck "Eh! It's not fair!"


"Silence, Gwin, remember who let you play with them whenever you were alone at recess" Hope, the first daughter, had taken the trouble to get up from her chair and teleport with Gwin, which was more than enough to the still angry brat. As an elder sister, the firstborn of the Goddess and leader of the Descendants, Hope was the highest authority whenever there was an outbreak among the half brothers.

Teleporting this time behind Celica's sofa, Hope hugged her from behind. "Celica, you dont have to think about that nonsense. You're still the third daughter of the Goddess, an authority from the moment you arrived in this ungrateful world with ours.

You shouldnt feel that your purity has been taken away by her eyes. She is the one who must feel impure to witness a body only achievable by those who carry the divine blood. "Kissing the cheek of her little sister, Hope stood at her 15 feet, the biggest behind the Goddess. achieve its authentic potential. "Lahda, I entrust you with the protection and care of Celica and Gwin, I will go and consult Mother and make sure that this inferior garbage is not killed without reason"

And once again, Hope disappeared honoring rumors that she had never taken a step since the day her pk skills had surpassed all possible scales.

 

Lahda smiled at Gwin, who was more than ready to tear apart each piece of furniture in a fit of rage. "Well, since I'm in charge now, Gwin, I'm asking you to go and get a bottle of the juice that Celica likes, please." Winking at the Descendant, Lahda climbed back onto the sofa.

"You know it's too heavy for me, this girl can drink almost the weight of a cow in liquid in one sitting!"

 

"Bastard..." Gwin mumbled as he walked slowly toward the kitchen, hoping the cooks would still be available. Nothing could annoy the day more than the fact of having to start squeezing pineapple himself.

Lahda returned to focus on her friend, who was completely immersed in their misery. An image not at all worthy of a daughter of God. "Now I've worried you and Big Sister Hope and Gwin ..."


"They worry because they are your family! I, I want you to know, I am very proud of you, you have managed to contain yourself and you have only knocked out the inferior garbage-"


"Splatoon..."

 

"Sorry?" Lahda blinked confused, not waiting for this address in the conversation. "You want to play Splatoon now? A bit weird moment... but if it's what you want, give me a minute I'll go-"


"No no! That... reporter... That's how Mother Valeonor says they're called?" That reporter asked me if I liked Splatoon... what would she have meant by it?

She was seeing me... completely naked and erect, and yet the only thing she said before I shocked her was if I liked splatoon... should it be some kind of secret code?" Lahda sighed at the well-known imagination of the third daughter. "Dont take it as a joke, Lala, this is serious! I should question her..."


"No no! We're not going to sneak in the underground jails! That place is not made for your height, remember?! I'm your best friend and your great counselor, Cel, but I dont plan to go through the shame of having to call the workers to unblock your big ass from a door!" Lahda swore to be seeing her friend again crying while two workers pulled their legs under the watchful eye of Patriarch Lao.


"Come on, I want my revenge against that reporter and against the prison doors! I know the limit is 9 feet... but you're a great counselor... you could... have the guards stop looking a few minutes!"


"Celica, it's been a year and a half, and since that time you've gone from measuring 9 feet 4 inches to measuring 11 feet 1 inch" Lahda's gaze was clearly end-to-end. "If you couldnt before, now you cant, is that clear?"

Celica nodded, closing her eyes. Although for Celica it was enough to hide her intentions, Lahda could clearly see how the great idiot's hair was dyed deep pink.

"Are you intending to control my mind?" Lahda asked crossing her arms while Celica opened one eye to make sure of her mistake.


"...could you go personally and take a message to that reporter?... please, Lala..."


The counselor, between sighs, couldnt afford to question her. No matter how friendly they were, only one false step and Celica would be taking remote control of Lahda's body. It was the most obvious problem of dealing with someone with so much Psy ability at such an early age...

More Lahda could never be angry with Celica, the link between the two was too strong for a nonsense like mind control could even crack it.

 

 


 

 

- Luminous Garden underground prison.

 


Lucy had settled into a corner of the metal and futuristic cell, sitting on top of what appeared to be a pillow panel. (This was technology and not an Iphone!)
The reporter was finalizing the details of her masterly escape when the sound of an alarm knocked her out of her thoughts. "Shit, I just had to figure out how to find a laser file!"

 

Steps heading towards Lucy's cell put her in tension, forcing her to arm herself with her sock-mace. (A great invention, no doubt, a sock tied to another sock that has inside the two sneakers that the guards had thrown to Lucy)

"A laser file? These bars melt your file and your hand in a matter of seconds, scum" A pretty short girl and very, very brunette appeared in front of the cell, holding what appeared to be a tablet composed only of a screen, without nothing more.


"You dont have futuristic clothes like the guards ... are you ... my lawyer?" Lucy asked as she came to her knees, hiding her sock-hammer behind her.


"Lawyer? You're talking to the Great Personal Counselor of the third daughter of the Goddess! Learn your place!" The girl shouted accompanying him with a stamp to make her message clearer.


"Great counselor... I'm lost, why do you have such a long title, and why doesnt your title include your name?" Lucy asked confused, sitting on her knees in front of the now laser bars.


The brunette sighed as she clenched her fists. "I knew that the inferiors outside were almost deficient, but this?! Listen well, trash! I am Lahda Ga Wot, great counselor of Celica, the daughter of the Goddess that you had the shamelessness of assaulting in the showers!" This time, Lahda was screaming so much that several of those smart bombs approached scared.


"You're the counselor, whatever that is, the girl in the showers?! Listen to me, it was unintentional! I was so focused on not bothering with my body odor that I had not heard-" And at that exact moment, the brain Lucy understood what the words daughter of the goddess meant. "...you said..."


"I see that you finally understand your situation, scum! You have assaulted the third daughter of the Goddess! You could be sentenced to death for it! Celica should only declare that you had violent intentions towards her so that the goddess could use you as an appetizer!" Lahda smiled maliciously, waiting for the answer.


"...your Goddess eats people?... NO! IT HAS BEEN A MISTAKE! LET ME REQUEST FORGIVENESS TO CELICA! I... I just..." Lucy leaned forward, burying her head under her arms. "I just wanted to do my job! I just wanted to meet your Goddess and write about her life! She is the Goddess of a place as cool as this, so... I... I'm so sorry! I would never have entered a shower from another person without permission!"


Lahda didnt expect to break the foreigner so soon. It had been so sudden that  had completely lost the grace. Now... she was cruel for no reason, and neither she nor Celica were cruel.

"... sorry, okay? I didnt want to scare you so much..." Lahda crouched down next to Lucy, lowering her voice. "The goddess only once tasted human flesh, and it was at the express request of the old patriarch Jun... the most that can happen to you, trash- I mean... reporter, is that you order community services a couple of weeks.

You can see him around in this empty place, we dont need prisons almost never. We are a better society than yours, so you dont have to worry about anything"


Lucy looked up, her face full of tears and snot. "But... that Vaeolonor..."


"If you mean the murder of the man who was attacking you" Lahda said as he looked away. "It's because he had broken the rule number one for foreigners who come to the coast of Miracle:

Those elected to join our world are treated as fellow citizens from the moment that the blessing of the Goddess falls on them, so that any act of violence against them will be punished as if a native citizen were treated"


Lucy's journalist's nose shot with that last sentence, causing the reporter to jump up and cling (unconsciously) to the bars.

"What do you mean by the blessing of the Goddess?"


Lahda sighed, consoling herself that if the task of explaining it rested on her, the Goddess would get rid of it. "You and the other reporter have been chosen to go through the Great Iron Doors, which authorizes you to take this as your new home if you wish.

And before you ask, that about pasta and fish is a cover for authentic verification. From the moment you set foot on the ferry, the eyes of the Goddess had already decided who had a heart open to the truth and free of bonds worthy to enter our sacred home"

 

"And what would happen to my family if I decided to stay here?" Lucy made sure to take mental notes of everything they were saying here. If something Lucy was known, it was her great memory.


"That will depend on what you can offer in return, your family could accompany you if you show the Goddess that you are willing to work at our side.

We are the true heirs of this world, Lucy Crews" Lahda said getting up and walking back to the exit. "If you are worthy to get away from the lower world, then you will find a home here"

 

 


 


Lucy waited for the counselor to leave to return to her corner, closing her eyes and reviewing the entire conversation from scratch.

"A better society, huh? It's very easy to say that, but the job of a reporter is to see everything from all angles... This is going to be hard, there's no doubt about that"