- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Digging deeper into Sarah's background...

 

-----------

It’s a funny quirk of the universe that evil people seem to have the best luck.

Sarah is not someone you’d want to have the ability to shrink people.

She’s beautiful and she knows it.

She loves winning and humiliating others.

She’s from a rich family and has a wealthy boyfriend, enabling her to work 20 hours a week at a fitness studio.

She already has the world in the palm of her hand. And since college, she’s had the power to dominate others as she chooses.

It was Sarah’s senior year when she first obtained her shrinking power—seemingly out of nowhere.

She was in the library late on a Thursday night. She’d just come from lacrosse practice, and was dressed casually: her team sweatshirt, some tight-fitting shorts, and her black Nike sneakers with a pair of low-cut sucks. Her brunette hair was tied atop her head in a messy bun.

Sarah just wanted to get a couple of hours of studying in and then get to bed.


As she cracked open her book in a quiet corner of the library she noticed a guy a few tables away eyeing her.

“Oh god,” Sarah thought to herself. “I don’t need to deal with this creeper right now.”

She looked back down at her book, and then did a double take. She recognized him. It was Alex, some dinky freshman who had a crush on her teammate and roommate Kristen. He’d tried to hit on her at one of their team parties.

Sarah chuckled as she remembered how the rest of the team had ganged up to reject him—making fun of his clothes, his height, and the way he stammered nervously. Sarah had eventually pushed him out the front door into the yard, stomping his face into the grass a few times for good measure.


Now here he was, in the library, gawking at her. She noticed his gaze lingered on her legs and feet.

“Oh no, he’s getting up,” Sarah thought again.

Normally she’d love to humiliate this loser, but she was exhausted and didn’t have the time to deal with this.

“H-hey, Sarah,” Alex said nervously as he sat down next to her. “Just come from lacrosse? I, uh, heard you guys are good this year.”

Not just good, undefeated, Sarah thought. They hadn’t lost yet since she’d arrived on campus. In their latest game, they’d trounced the opposing team 27-0. Coach had told the team not to run up the score, but Sarah blatantly ignored that, pouring in ten goals, eventually driving the other goalie to tears.

“Alex, I really need to study,” Sarah said coldly.

“We’re, uh, all alone here,” Alex said moving closer.

Sarah put out her hand to stop him. “You’re such a fucking pest. A worthless pest,” Sarah said. “I wish I could make you as small as an ant and just stomp you.”


All of a sudden Alex vanished.

“What the fuck?” Sarah said, before looking down at the seat where Alex had been. As she wished, he’d been reduced to the size of an ant. “Oh, this is too perfect,” Sarah said chuckling.

Alex stood frozen in fear as Sarah swung both of her sneakers up onto the chair, the toes hanging perilously over his half-inch frame. She lowered them, then raised them, then lowered them, happily humming to herself as she did this. Any thoughts of studying had gone out the window.

“I could just crush you now,” Sarah said. “Orrr I could let you go. Let you run around the library until some other bitch in her Uggs squashes you.”

Alex got down on his knees. He was begging.

Now this was too perfect, Sarah thought. She had a little bug-sized man begging her to not casually crush him below her sneakers.

“I don’t think you’re begging hard enough,” Sarah said.

Alex ran over and started kissing the sole of her foot.

“Hmmm, not convinced,” she said as she pulled out her phone.

Sarah’s feet dropped to the floor as she took her phone and snapped a quick photo of Alex. She ignored him for several minutes as she giggled and typed.

“So, I ran an informal poll,” Sarah said, breaking the silence. “Nine of my teammates voted for stomp. But one says I should spare you—for now. Guess who?”

Alex already knew the answer.

“Kristen!” Sarah exclaimed. “I bet she’ll be so happy to see you again!”

With that, Sarah slipped off her right shoe and her right sock. She carefully picked up Alex between her thumb and forefinger and dropped him into the sock.

“I, uh, just came from lacrosse,” Sarah said, mocking Alex. “My socks might be a bit stinky. Get between my toes so I don’t accidentally squash you—not that I really care.”

With that she slipped back on her sock and sneaker and left the library.

Inside the sock, Alex was fighting for survival, pinned between her big toe and pinky toe. He was just small enough that he couldn’t get a good hold on either toe, so he was constantly battling not to slide under Sarah’s sweat-slicked sole. The ten-minute walk to her apartment was an eternity for Alex.

When Sarah came back to her apartment, Kristen excitedly ran to the door to meet her. She’d changed after practice into sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt.

“How did you do this??” Kristen asked.

Sarah just smiled. “Let’s be honest, I deserve to have the world at my feet.”

“Sooo, where is he?” Kristen asked. Sarah just pointed at her foot. “No way.”

“In my sock. I have to tell you, it’s amazing,” Sarah said as she used her feet to pop off her shoes. She then balanced on her left leg as she removed her right sock.

She peered into the sock and was delighted to see Alex still alive and moving. He hadn’t noticed her peering in at him.

“Okay, time to do some laundry,” Sarah shouted, stifling her laughter as Alex frantically began trying to climb out of the sock and get her attention. She then tipped the sock, sending Alex tumbling into her palm.

Sarah and Kristen looked at him hungrily.

“I want to make him smaller,” Sarah said.

“Yeah?” said Kristen.

“Really small,” said Sarah with a smile.

“Alex—smaller.” And with that simple command he dwindled.

“Holy shit,” Kristen said.

“Smaller.”

“Woah, how tiny are you going to make him?"

“Smaller. I have an idea.”

Sarah carefully carried Alex into the kitchen and placed him into an empty glass. Then she walked into Kristen’s room and came out with one of her lacrosse cleats and a pair of tweezers.

Kristen watched with curiosity as Sarah used the tweezers to scrape a tiny hole in her insole.

“Don’t worry, I’m not ruining them,” she said.

Finally, Sarah walked over to Alex and said, “So, you have a crush on Kristen, right?”

She could see his tiny head nod.

“Do you want to be with her?”

Head nod.

“You mean, you don’t want to be with me? You were eyeing me in the library.”

Alex waved his hands and Sarah could tell he was trying to explain himself. But he was too tiny to hear. And frankly, she didn’t give a shit. This was for her own enjoyment.

“I mean, I saved you. I could have left you to be stomped in the library. But fine, you can be with Kristen. But first you need to get smaller.”

Alex rapidly dwindled at Sarah’s command.

She then licked her pinkie finger and gently used the lingering saliva to grab Alex. She walked him over to Kristen’s cleat and ever-so-carefully swiped his body into the hole she’d scratched.

“Perfect!” Sarah clapped. “Now you can be with Kristen and the rest of our ‘good’ lacrosse team.”

Kristen was in awe. The fucking creeper that had annoyed her was now smeared on her insole.

“We’ve got a game tomorrow and it’s supposed to be 85 degrees,” Sarah said. “Good luck bug.”

Alex frantically tried to escape as the two girls peered down on his body, but he was so tiny that the hole in the cleat was like a canyon. Sarah waved goodbye, before sticking a stinky sock into the shoe.

“Enjoy wearing him tomorrow,” Sarah said. “I bet he’s good for at least a hat trick from you.”