- Text Size +

 

We’re both settled, possibly safe from giant people stepping on us. I’m starting to get hungry and thirsty with all my running about, and I’m sure Anna is too. I’m thinking that at this upcoming party, liquids will be splashed around, as drunk college kids stumble about the apartment, and we’ll be able to find something to drink. And maybe some food to hold us over. Hopefully not just Jägermeister and, well, whatever college kids eat at parties.

Anna and I sit under Grace’s entertainment center, restless, dust surrounding us, a massive surge protector behind us. Grace eventually turns off the TV and walks past us, her enormous bare feet slamming in front of us, sending a small breeze past our tiny bodies.

“We have to do something!” Anna screams at me. “This is fucked up, I’m sick of this shit!”

“I know, of course, I know. Do you want to go run out and get crushed by your little sister? I was just standing on her foot, and she didn’t even feel me. Grace can’t see us, she can’t hear us, she can’t feel us. Running out from this safe space is suicide.”

We sit and argue for a while as the light from the windows fades. Night comes, and the party approaches. There’s a knock on the door. Grace walks past us wearing high heeled shoes, her unpainted nails sticking out. The black shoes come down in front of the entertainment system we’re hiding under and quickly fly away from our view. The knocking sounds the heels make against the hardwood floor is terrifying, though (secretly to me) sexy as hell.

“Look at those slut shoes,” Anna says to me. “Jesus.”

Anna and I walk out a little bit to see the door to the apartment open, as Grace loudly greets three college-aged girls in tight dresses, two blondes and a brunette, very tall to us, but also normally tall with their high heeled shoes.

“I didn’t think my little sister would hang out with skanks like this. Yuck, look at these girls, so much makeup. I thought she was smarter than that.”

“C’mon, let’s get some shots!” Grace says to her friends, as the giant girls approach our hiding spot to head to the kitchen past us. The incredibly massive feet touch down near us, and Anna falls back toward the wall. I stand though, mesmerized by the girls. Grace stomps past us again, and the first unknown girl walks by. She has a shorter heel, her toes painted a dark red. Her two feet slam by me and rise away. The second girl has a giant heel, many times taller than me, with shiny black painted toenails slightly bending out from the edge of the shoe. I stop myself from running out, enamored by the beautiful young feet walking past me. The final third girl’s right foot crashes in front of me. She’s only wearing a black flip flop, her massively long toes ending in a fresh French manicure, the bright and shiny long mother of pearl toenails falling near my tiny body. The foot stops as the toes pivot to me.

“How do you turn on this stereo, let’s hear some music, I’m ready to dance!” The woman yells at the others headed to the kitchen for beverages. Below the TV and above me is the stereo in the entertainment system. She kneels as her heel rises, and her toes move forward closer to me. I want nothing more than to run to her foot and rub and hand across the surface of these insanely perfect toenails. Being this tiny has awakened in me a lust for the beauty in such things.

“What are you doing, asshole?” my girlfriend says to me, surprising me by grabbing my arm, trying to pull me away for the large foot. “Do you have a foot fetish now? Great, now that you’ve been hanging out on my little sister’s foot, you’re in love with feet. You know what? Have fun! I’m outta here. Go fuck some young girl’s toes. I’m going to go get help. Fuck you.”

Anna is off, running full speed toward the kitchen where her sister and two other friends are getting drinks. I follow to try and stop her, but once we’re past the safety of the entertainment system, I stop. I’m not going out into the open hardwood floor. It’s too dangerous. There’s only four giant women here now in this small apartment, but there’s soon to be more. No use both of us getting stomped on.

Music begins blasting around me as the French manicured girl gets the party started. “Call Me Maybe” is the song. Her feet turn to the kitchen, poor Anna running miniscule on the floor to her destination as well. I’m helpless to save her. After only two steps the giantess is upon her. Anna slides into a crack in the floorboard and is gone from my sight. The right foot of the flip flopped college girl lands on top of her position, and rises away to the kitchen to her friends. I stand worriedly hoping for the best, and Anna’s little head pokes out from the hiding spot. She jumps out, and she frantically runs back to me, as the doorbell rings again, more party guests ready to enter. As Anna is running to me, her sister leaves the kitchen and steps right next to Anna. She falls and is blown away from the massive high heel. Luckily, she rises and heads back to me, reaching me and hugging me, shaking in terror.

“I was almost crushed twice. These little fucking college girls. We’re hopeless. I’m done.”

Anna sits on the floor, exhausted and hopeless. I walk over and sit next to her.

“It’s only been a few hours. This sucks, I know. Let’s fight through this night and see what happens.”

More and more people end up coming to the party, music blasting, completely unaware two people 1/8th of an inch tall hiding below the stereo, terrified. It’s maddenly loud to our tiny ears, but we remain there, hiding, Some liquid splashes near us, we run to it, but it’s vodka. A potato chip falls under the entertainment center as well. We grab what we can from it, hungry for any sustenance. There are dozens of people after a time at the party, walking, dancing, standing around. So many different shoes step around us, men’s gross birkenstocks, more high heeled women with red toes, barefooted hippie types with smelly feet and anklets, that one girl with the Goddamned perfect French pedicure that loves messing with the stereo in front of us, etc. Anna and I stay put away from the ruckus, avoiding any harm.