- Text Size +

 “I don’t like it,” said Joker, as the universe flashed past.

Commander Shepard, hand braced upon Joker’s chair as she stood behind him, was well aware of her pilot’s reservations. Not just because he – with his usual acerbic bluntness – had been complaining about their situation for the last two hours, but because she shared more than a few of them.

The Normandy was more than just their ship; she was their home, as well as quite possibly the galaxy’s only hope of salvation in their war against the encroaching Reapers. It was the most recent skirmish in that war that had scarred the vessel’s circuitry and begun an overload that even the ever-stoic Garrus described as “troublesome”. This far out across the Milky Way, there was no chance of safe haven and little hope of rescue, but every second the engines were operational brought them closer to exploding.

It had been Tali, the sole Quarian member of their crew, who had provided them with a final roll of the dice. While not strictly part of the engineering detail she knew the Normandy better than anyone, and she’d outlined her plan to the senior staff with a fierce determination that radiated though the bio-suit that covered every inch of her.

The medical bay’s bio-rig. Her suit’s haptic systems. A narrowband neural shunt. A tiny, silvery form she’d referred to as a ‘Proxy’, traditionally used to make delicate adjustments to ships of the Quarian fleet. It all boiled down to this: while Tali, the real Tali, was prone under the watchful eyes of the ship’s medic and her Asari colleague, Liara, an inch-tall avatar was scrambling through the ship’s conduits and effecting repairs. A complicated doppelganger, remotely controlled by Tali, who saw what it saw and felt what it felt.

“Commander Shepard.” It was Chakwas’ voice, and while the Doctor sounded fatigued, the worry that had hardened her words these past few hours had faded. “I have good news. Both Tali and the Normandy are absolutely fine. Her plan worked.”

This brought a round of relieved gasps and cheers from everyone on the bridge, and Shepard allowed her eyes to close for a moment as she exhaled, feeling the weight peeling away from her shoulders. “That’s excellent news, Doctor,” she said, savouring every syllable. “Have Tali report to the bridge, I’d like to thank her in person.”

“Actually, Commander, you may need to forestall the celebration for a few hours.” Chakwas’ voice sounded almost amused. “Tali has informed me that engaging and disengaging from a Proxy too rapidly carries a risk of synaptic shock. She needs to stay hooked into the system for a few hours until her vital signs have stabilised.”

Joker, who was eavesdropping as always, snorted. “Great. Anyone got a Quarian doll house she can stay in?”

Shepard shot him a look, but the curt response came from Chakwas. “That will not be necessary, Mr. Moreau. Liara has already volunteered to help the recuperation process…”

*           *           *

Liara’s mind was whirling as she stepped out of the lift, giddy with the excitement at the thought of the lithe little figure currently cupped in her palms like the most precious of gems. On the one hand it was little more than a device. On the other – in the other, she thought with an inward smirk – it was her good friend Tali, one of the new non-humans on the Normandy.

Rather, it walked and talked like Tali. It moved with the same catlike curiosity about all things. It conversed with the same rich accent that always put Liara in mind of orange groves at sunset. And it was hers for the night.

Tali, for her part, was struggling to contain a glee that the Proxy was ill-equipped to express. The true advantages of the Proxy were obvious to any Quarian but seemed to have soared cleanly over the heads of Shepard and her human friends. She hoped feverishly that Liara understood how she was feeling right now. Only once they were safely inside the long chamber that served both as Liara’s quarters and laboratory, however, did she dare raise her head up to stare at the sculpted blue face and ask the question that burned inside her.

“When did you guess?”

“A scientist doesn’t guess,” Liara said with an expression of mock-sternness that soon collapsed into a broad smile. “It was when Chakwas picked you-- picked up the Proxy and you gasped.” She sank down into the chair at her desk, laying her palm flat and beaming down at the mechanical woman in her hand. The urge to poke her with a playful finger was almost overwhelming. “It feels good?”

Tali nodded slowly, drinking in the difference in size. Liara was larger than any creature she’d ever conceived of bar the Reapers themselves, and they were mechanical in nature. To see a living, breathing woman the size of a large hillside was intoxicating to the young engineer, and she fell silent for several moments before remembering to keep up her side of the conversation.

“The suits we must wear…” she began, hesitantly. “You get used to them, but you don’t get much sense of the world around you. It’s like sensory deprivation. We can’t smell the air or feel a breeze. When we touch another species, all we feel is weight. The Proxy rig bypasses all of that, straight into the brain. It feels like being… naked,” she finished in a small voice.

There was a sudden pressure, and a warmth. With a jolt, Tali realised that Liara had silently hooked the index finger of her other hand behind her and was now making a clumsy attempt to stroke her back. It was soft in texture and effortless in strength, and the tiny woman let out a gasp of pleasure at the Asari’s ministrations.

The palm beneath her quivering legs began tilt and Tali slid obediently down onto the desktop, watching in admiration as Liara stood to her full height. The hands on which she’d been resting only a few seconds before moved deftly to the uniform’s concealed zipper, and Tali felt her stomach lurch deliciously at Liara’s next words.

“If you feel like you’re naked, I suppose it’s only fair…”

Acre after acre of flight-suit fabric peeled away from the curvaceous form that filled Tali’s horizon, releasing a wave of heat and scent that washed over the little figure. She basked in the sight of exposed, cobalt-blue flesh – flesh that she would finally be able to touch, really touch, if the gorgeous alien would only let her…

And then she was in flight; plucked up between two slender fingers nearly as thick as she was small, lifted with a speed that would have dizzied her had the Proxy not dulled the sensation automatically. She barely noticed, for her attention was focused on the pair of dark blue lips she was rising to meet.

Liara, trembling with the anticipation, brought Tali to her face and kissed. Oh, how she yearned to unleash the full force of her affection, to draw the tiny girl fully into her mouth. She could imagine probing her body with the tip of her tongue, sliding her playfully from cheek to cheek before finally disgorging her saliva-soaked form… but the Proxy was too delicate for Asari foreplay. Her hunger for Tali could break her.

Instead she pulled away reluctantly after only a few seconds, collapsing onto her bed with a plaintive sigh and bringing her minute companion to rest on the curving surface of her stomach. “We need to get spares,” she declared, wistfully.

When Tali was convinced she could speak without bursting into anguished sobs of longing for more of what she’d just experienced, she dropped onto her hands and knees and peppered Liara’s navel with miniscule kisses of her own. “Th-thank you so much, Liara,” she stammered. “I don’t deserve this kindness from you… You’re… incredible.” It didn’t feel like enough, somehow. The words were too small.

"I... I'm not so special, really, not compared to other Asari," Liara murmured, her eyes hooded as she gazed down the length of her body to the sprawling figure on her abdomen. "My feet are too big and my chest is too flat, it's why I choose to avoid most of my own kind." Not to mention I liked to put as many light-years between my mother and myself as possible, she added silently.

"Flat?!" Tali scoffed, pausing in her attentions. She propped herself up onto her elbows and gazing up incredulously at the huge, soulful face - or at least those parts of it that weren't obscured by two softly-heaving mountains. "You could hide a Geth battle regiment between those things, Liara!"

Liara smiled at this, a little sadly, imagining the sight. Almost subconsciously, she drew her hands up and across each breast, plumping them, bringing them together and imagining that—

Remembering that she was far from alone, despite her visitor's minute presence, Liara blushed a deep sapphire and dropped her hands to her side, her bosom bouncing slightly as her 'small' breasts parted. And yet…

The thought of her friend struggling to mount the curve of one sweaty, sensitive tit pleased Liara greatly, filled her core with a tingling sensation. That little body wrapping itself around her nipple, pressed down against the hardening nub by a fingertip as she arched her back in rising pleasure... Yes, why not? Tali was so small, Liara was her landscape now, and she had needs that demanded to be met…

Her hand descended.

The intercom beeped.

“Yes!” It came out as a hiss, an excited exclamation rather than the cool, questioning tone appropriate for addressing a commanding officer. Liara flushed again, gritting her teeth and clamping her thighs tightly together in frustration.

Shepard’s voice, normally a comforting presence, was presently a most unwelcome intrusion. “I’m sorry to disturb you, Liara, but I need you and Tali on the bridge. There’s a situation at the Citadel...”

*           *           *

Clance Everett hated being in outer space. He hated feeling exposed to god-knows-what weird pathogens and alien spores the freakish life forms around him might be carrying. He hated the lumbering, stupid Krogans and the supercilious, jelly-like Hanar. He really hated the humans who thought it was just fine to mix and mingle with them so freely, trading away mankind’s riches in exchange for alien trash.

That’s why he and his Humanity First group were strapped to the Citadel’s docking bays, covered with explosives, until their demands were met.

That’s why Clance Everett was the first person to see Tali'Zorah nar Rayya, the giantess.

She blotted out the sky. Her limbs were miles long; her feet the size of colony ships. Her fingertip alone was larger than the platform he was chained to, and when she spoke, his ears bled. She told him exactly what she’d do to his microscopic body if he didn’t surrender, and of course he’d obeyed, once he’d finished pissing his pants.

He was already in a holding cell before he realised he’d been duped. The Quarian had simply hacked into the Citadel’s holographic systems to project an immense illusion. Intimidating but intangible, and incapable of smearing him across the solar system like she’d threatened.

The council were grateful, of course, and had asked Tali how they could repay her for her quick thinking and her impressive use of threats, some of which had sounded terrifyingly earnest. Tali had asked for the only thing she could think of as a reward, and a box full of replacement avatars had been delivered to the Normandy’s cargo hold in short order.

Pouring a handful of them between her gloved fingers, imagining all the places she’d go once she was inhabiting the little figures, Tali reached two conclusions. Firstly, there were one or two advantages to wearing her suit after all. Secondly, Liara was going to be very, very happy tonight.

And, by proxy, so was she.