- Text Size +

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 9.0px 'Times New Roman'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 10.0px} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 9.0px 'Times New Roman'; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

David sat stiffly on the futon, eyes glued to the TV screen. A mug of lukewarm tea sat forgotten on the coffee table in front of him. He still couldn’t believe what he was seeing. The news station had been covering it non stop since the first quake had occurred around three in the morning. At first they reported it as an earthquake, some freak tectonic event that had struck east of Holly Springs, shaking floors and rattling window panes for miles around. That was before the helicopter cameras had managed to see what was really going on. Before they saw…

 

Her.

 

David had woken up to the sound of sirens outside his window as three fire trucks whizzed past his apartment complex, lights flashing, with a cavalcade of police cars in tow. At first he thought nothing of it, but then six more zoomed by, screaming like firecrackers. Curious, he flicked on the TV and found out that apparently, he had slept through the worst earthquake to hit Kansas in fifty years. The only earthquake to hit Kansas in fifty years. Not a big one, but strong enough to noticeably shake the ground for miles around, bursting a sewage pipe or two and downing some power lines. He checked his phone and saw a text from his boss - city bus services had been suspended due to the natural disaster and all shifts had been canceled indefinitely. 

 

He set some water to boil and went to his room to get dressed. From his bedroom, David heard the newscaster’s conversation with the helicopter crew that was investigating the damage around the quake’s epicenter. 

 

We’re getting closer to the location where our analysts say the earthquake originated from. I’m seeing, fallen trees, roads are looking pretty bad. Expect closures and delays for any travel outside the city.”

 

“Do we know what caused the quake yet?” The newscaster asked.

 

We aren’t sure. All we’ve got to go on right now is this morning’s statement from geologists at Brookline College, the earthquake was a 5.6 on the Richter scale, the largest ever recorded in this part of the country. A total anomaly. Sources speculate recent fracking operations in the area may have disturbed tectonic plates in the earth, but as of right now we have no official word on the cause.”

 

David went to the kitchen and steeped some tea. He wondered how long the city bus service would be cancelled for; if the roads were really that bad it could be a couple days, maybe more. He had slept through a natural disaster and woken up to a surprise long weekend. Wish earthquakes would happen more often than once every fifty years, he chuckled to himself.

 

“Pat we - what? What do you mean?” The camera began to pick up on a low rumbling in the background, deep and hollow like distant thunder.

 

What is that? Aftershocks? W-what. Oh my god. Pat I-”

 

The audio cut off. David poked his head around the door to the living room. For a moment the screen showed a very confused Pat Roger, two fingers pressed against his earpiece. Then, the feed cut back in with a crackle of static. 

 

Get it on the camera. Are you getting this? Don’t lose a second of this - Pat? W-we’re not exactly sure what we're looking at here. Uh - take a look.” 

 

The broadcast switched back to the cameraman’s video feed. The reporters had been following one of the main interstates out of the city. Amber fields of wheat stretched for miles around on both sides of the road. Even from the birds eye view afforded by the copter, David could make out the cracked asphalt the reporters had been talking about. The camera panned up a bit. It was obvious that whoever was holding it was having trouble keeping their hands steady. The grainy image slowly came into focus.

 

At first David didn’t know what he was supposed to be looking at. A span of beige hills, the largest easily more than a hundred feet tall, covering the road and fields in the distance. It was like a mountain range had just plopped out of the sky. They were strangely round and smooth looking, each capped by a flat, lighter tan field that had a dull shine to it, almost like laquer finish. Behind them rose an enormous tower of the same tan color. The top of the structure was well beyond the scope of the camera. It seemed to be connected to the hills, but the distance and resolution made it difficult to make out the exact shape and scope of whatever it was. Suddenly the hills shifted - more so twitched - their enormous bulk rising slightly upwards off the ground and coming back down with audible thuds. There was no other movement. The cameraman cursed audibly as the resulting wind jostled the helicopter.

 

The casual, almost familiar movement jogged David’s thoughts. He finally realized what he was looking at. Not hills, but five gigantic toes, capped with clear polished nails. The tower stretching into the sky behind tham was an enormous ankle, taller and thicker than any skyscraper. It was a foot. A woman’s foot.

 

She had just wiggled her toes.

 

David plopped onto the futon. He felt very weak. He heard the reporter hurriedly saying something in the background, but he couldn’t bring himself to pay attention. He watched as the camera panned up, and up, and up, revealing a huge ankle and vast expanse of smooth shin. The rest of the body was out of view, blurred by distance and partially obscured by wispy clouds. She was just too big. The helicopter turned, revealing another colossal foot hulking in the distance, dominating the landscape. Had they been normal sized, her feet would have been considered elegant, even dainty, a fact that made their incredible bulk all the more astounding. 

 

Somebody in apartment above him screamed. David barely registered the noise. He sat transfixed, brow furrowed in horror, unable to peel his eyes from the screen. 

 

The camera cut back to a very pale looking Pat Roger. A breaking news alert began to scroll across the bottom of the screen. Pat cleared his throat and swallowed hard. 

 

I’ll be honest here, I - I’m not sure of the best way to report this but, it - uh - it appears a giant woman has appeared just east of Holly Springs. Please bear with us as we continue to report on this extremely - um - unusual development.”

 

At the words “giant woman” David exhaled hard. He hadn’t even realized he had been holding his breath. 

 

I’m getting word that she has begun walking towards the city. Authorities are urging all Holly Springs citizens to return home. Anyone living in Sharon, Bakersfield, or Munroe may also be affected. As of right now it is difficult to determine her exact trajectory.  In anticipation of any kind of seismic events we remind viewers that the safest way take cover from potential earthquakes is in a closet or basement, if possible.”

 

David could hear more commotion upstairs and car horns sounding outside. He shakily walked over to the kitchen and looked out the window. The parking lot was full of cars trying to get out. The road was already becoming congested with traffic. He saw some people running from their homes. Others watched the chaos from their porches or front yards. One man was standing on the sidewalk holding a camera. David watched as the man yelled something and pointed into the distance. People around him began to point and scream as well. David grabbed his phone from the counter and bolted out the door without even bothering to put on his sneakers. As he ran down the stairs he felt the first tremors shake the building. He ran out onto the sidewalk and joined the growing crowd, eyes fixed on the horizon. 

 

The ground beneath him began to tremble rhythmically. David could hear muffled booms coming from far away, like the rumble of distant thunder. The people around him spoke to each other in panicked tones. One woman was crying.

 

“There she is!” someone screamed.

 

David watched in terror as a dark shape appeared in the distance and slowly grew bigger.

 

BOOM

 

Haloed by the morning sun, the colossal woman’s head crested the horizon in the distance. She was looking straight ahead. Even in his terrified state David couldn’t help but notice she was very beautiful. 

 

BOOM

 

Her neck and shoulders slowly came into view. Her figure was hazy from the distance and partially obscured by wispy clouds, but it grew clearer and larger with every earth shaking step she took. He heard people in the crowd gasp as her chest came into view - she was naked. Her breasts, which would have been considered huge even had she been normal size, were the size of mountains. Enormous, round, and heavy, they jiggled ponderously with every step she took, their monstrous tonnage swaying slowly from side to side. Her nipples were obviously hard. Although they were probably the size of pyramids they were utterly dwarfed by the sheer bulk of her bosom.

 

BOOM

 

Gigantic waves of flesh rippled across her breasts as she took another step. Her breasts bounced freely against each other, momentarily forming a line of cleavage that could  have swallowed skyscrapers with ease. The rest of her figure was coming into view. David saw that despite her enormous bust, the titaness had a slender, fit, body. The ground was shaking quite hard now. Her hips cleared the horizon, followed by slender legs. Her naked thighs, gigantic and powerful, rippled as she walked. A hint of dark neatly trimmed pubes peeked out from between her legs. As she took another step David realized that her feet, which had seemed so impossibly huge from the perspective of the news helicopter, were actually quite petite. 

 

BOOM

 

In another few steps she would almost be upon them. The crowd began to disperse. Some people ran off screaming, others rushed to their cars or back into their houses. Most people however just stood, frozen, transfixed by the beauty and size of the approaching colossus. David didn’t see much point in running. It was futile. There was no way to escape. She was simply too big. He had never felt so tiny and helpless in his life.

 

BOOM

 

Finally the gigantic woman stopped. She had reached the edge of the city. David had to look up to see her toes. Even her pinky toe was huge, as big as his entire apartment complex, if not bigger. She could easily squash the entire neighborhood underfoot. He craned his neck, looking up her enormous legs. The bottoms of her immense breasts blocked her face from view. Her giant hand flew through the air, brushing away the clouds in a casual display of power. She peered down at them over the swell of her bosom. People screamed in terror under the weight of her gaze. David felt like an insect. He was nothing to this woman. A speck of dirt. She could end their lives in an instant just by raising her foot. 

 

David had never been the religious type, but now, cowering in the shadow of this sky sized woman, he understood what it meant to fear a god.