- Text Size +

I quickly decided it was best to sit down and wait.  It was pointless to try and stand as every time Samantha made any noticable movement I'd be knocked down.  Not that I could see much anyways.  The occasional movement sometimes gave me the tiniest shred of light before encasing me in darkness once again.  The really scary thing was the phone.  Every now and then some shake or another would cause it to light up briefly and sometimes it felt like it was about to shift.  The last thing I wanted was to be under it if it did so.  


I think I was sitting for an hour before a vibration shook the space I was in.  I looked up and saw a green light coming from the phone.  It vibrated again before Samantha's hand came reaching in and blotted out the light as it wrapped around the phone and drug it out her pocket.  "Hi Alice!"  Sam's voice though muffled was still easy enough to understand.  "Oh, you're already there?  I'll be over soon!"  Light briefly entered my world again before the brobdingnagian phone came sliding back in.  I fell back from the force of it's impact and probably came close to peeing myself as I saw first hand how close I'd come to being a stain.  Samantha probably would've washed me off like a bit of dirt that got caked on.  

 

A steady back and forth movement followed by the sound of doors opening and closing told me Samantha was on her way to wherever she was going.  Soon my room shifted sideways and I felt the faint rumble of the engine that I assumed was Sam's car.  I contemplated using this chance to climb out of the pocket but decided it'd be a bad idea.  I'd be trapped on the seat of Sam's car and probably worse off than before.  My best bet was to stay in the pocket and escape tonight after she went to bed.  I was still hungry but at least my thirst had been partially abated.   I was sure I could make it through today.   They said liquid was more important than food after all.


Wherever Sam was going it was fairly close to her home.  I doubt we'd been driving more than 20 minutes or so before I heard the sound of her engine cutting off and had everything shift once more as she climbed out of her car.  A short while later I heard a voice I didn't recognize.  "SAM!"  It was feminine, and that gleeful shout was followed by my world shaking rather abruptly.  It stopped almost as fast as it started making me wonder what had happened.  A hug perhaps?   I assumed this was the Alice that Sam had been talking to earlier.


More walking was soon followed by relative stillness as Sam sat down and the two girls started chatting about various things.  Finally having a bit of peace I started dozing off.  It'd been a rough morning after all.  


Of course I didn't get much rest.  20 minutes?  30?  Hard to say.  But when the cellphone began to slide, I scooted away from it.  What I didn't realize was that from her sitting position Sam wasn't able to get as good a grip on the phone.  Her hand came crashing into the pocket and I had no time at all to react as her pinky slammed into me.  I felt further movement as her fingers curled around the phone and I was suddenly moving forward and then upward as she pulled her phone out of her pocket.  I was blinded for a moment as I was exposed to daylight for the first time in almost two hours.  


As my vision returned I could hear Sam's voice.  "Look at this!"   The finger and hand I was stuck to flew forward suddenly and I went flying from it.  I caught a quick glimpse of a massive pale white skinned object  wrapping around Sam's phone as my forward momentum became more of a fall.  The fall ended when I landed on a brown surface as I rolled a bit before hitting a yellowish white wall.  


The first thing I noticed was the floor I was on had heat radiating from it.  Not scalding but definitely uncomfortably warm.  Ditto for the wall I had landed against.  I could hear Samantha and the other girl's voice gabbing away about some singer they liked.  Which was apparently what they were looking at on Sam's phone.  Standing up somewhat shakily I got a better look at my surroundings.  Whatever I was on seemed to be on top of something else from how the ground was tilting slightly.  Samantha's upper body rose in the distance across a vast white plain.  In front of her were a pair of large glass cylinders that rose up like two great towers.  One which seemed half full of water, the other which was filled almost to the top with an orange liquid.  Beside them was a massive plate upon which sat a literal yellow and white mountain of eggs alongside a brown and white series of caves of what I assumed were hashbrowns.  


I heard the unfamiliar voice again at this point.  "Here you go.  I don't want to get syrup on your phone."  I once more saw that pale skinned form as it went over me.  The arm and hand that I watched were paler than Samantha's.  It was hard to judge for certain from my position but it seemed slightly longer and a bit thinner than Sam's and as I watched Sam reach out to take back her phone I could definitely see the fingers were indeed so.  Unlike Samantha this titan had apparently put some red nail polish on and her fingernails were long as opposed to Samantha's which were carefully cut.  


As the arm and hand retracted back out of my sight, hidden once more behind that wall of yellow my mind finally processed my situation.  Syrup.  Warm brown floor.  The ground under me jolted suddenly and I fell to my knees as the terrain upon which I stood moved even further away from Sam.   The wall I was next to seemed to press down slightly before it started moving away from me.  


Still on my knees I turned and saw my second giant since this had happened.  A rising black wall of cloth rose high above me with what looked like graffitti of a crudely drawn black cat sticking out of a bunch of bright green and pink bushes at it's center which curved only slightly near her upper body.  This titan was not nearly as well endowed as Samantha apparently.  Which allowed me to see the mammoth face with bright red lips and dark black eyes that rose even higher in the sky above me.  Shimmering black hair went down behind it's back, how far I couldn't say from where I stood.  And I got a glimpse of something gold from it's nose.  A piercing?  This had to be Alice.  


Of course Alice didn't even look down.  Her right hand rose high above me and in it I could see a giant silver three pronged object that came crashing down into the ground of the enormous pancake I now realized I stood upon.  I was sent bouncing as it was dragged off of what I suspected was another pancake that was under it.  I watched as the fork rose into the sky before I saw it descend off to the side opposite of where I was. 


Seconds later something made of what seemed to be white porcelain rose in Alice's left hand with her right hand holding a blade of what seemed of almost impossible length to me.  As the porecelain turned over I watched a massive white ball come falling from it, landing against the pancake that was to my right.    Alice's left almost gently put what was clearly a bowel down on the table, not far from the ledge upon which I stood.   Alice's right hand then came down,  the gargantuan knife pulling a large mass of the white substance before bringing it down against the pancake upon which I stood.  I had a second to smell the butter before Alice started covering the pancake with it.  I watched as a wall of silver and white traveled quickly over the brown plains.  Realizing what would happen next I started running.   If I could get onto the plate all would be fine.   A shadow went over my head and suddenly that wall of silver and white was right in front of me and I had no chance to do anything as it slid over me.  


I felt the wind pressing against me as I slid further up into the butter and closer to the top of the knife.  While this certainly kept me safe from being crushed into the pancake it was a terrifying ride as I went up and dived back down as Alice covered the pancake.  As the knife rose once more into the air I took a breath in preparation for another dive.  Instead it just stood there.  I looked and saw across from me a gargantuan nose and confimed the existence of that metal stud in it right before looking at a humongous black eye.  Was it looking at me?  Had I been saved by the most unlikely of situations?


The answer to that question was most assuredly not.  The knife fell slightly and I found myself looking at a set of lips that filled my vision.  And as the mouth opened I stared at gleaming white teeth bigger than my van and felt a wave of warm wind smelling faintly of mint wash over my form.  I could do nothing but watch in horror as an absolutely monstrous pink and red object came unwinding out of a cavern that seemed to go on forever.  Alice's tongue crashed into the butter to my left and I watched as it slid up the knife to the handle before rolling back into her mouth.  The knife shook slightly and I found myself staring at the direct center of that nightmarish vista as once again Alice's tongue came crashing into the knife.  This time though I was not on the side and I screamed as I felt the tongue press me deeper into the butter and the movement as it dragged me and the butter I was in down to the edge of the knife.   My scream was quickly cut off as I had to hold my breath as I found myself covered in butter.  I lost all sense of position as I was rolled around and battered by an incomprehensibly huge object.  Suddenly my head was free and I saw myself moving away from the knife.   A wave of warmth hit me as I suddenly saw myself covered in shadows.  Looking up I saw huge white pillars extending in both directions.  I'd reached my destination.  I was in Alice's mouth.  She was going to eat me almost as an afterthought.  A tiny taste of butter before digging into her meal.


I started rising higher and I could see a veritable waterfall of saliva dripping down from the roof of the mouth.   I was too unimportant to even chew.  The tongue continued to rise and I felt my myself compressed between it and something above me.  A lound sound like something sucking something down rumbled in the distance.  I opened my eyes and looking down saw as the tongue descended without me.   I had been on the tip of Alice's tongue.  I had been pushed against the top of her mouth as she swallowed.  I had survived!  


My joy turned to horror as I watched the tongue rise again to where I was.  Of course.  Alice was getting that irritating feeling of food against the roof of her mouth out.  All that I'd recieved was a brief reprieve.  The gargantuan creature once again  struck against me and this time I was pushed further down it.  The oppressive humidity, the brutal force of the tongue, and the darkness left me with a feeling of terror and despair as I felt the tongue curl up in preparation to send me to my doom.