- Text Size +
I slept like a rock that night, not waking up until late in the afternoon. I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing.


It took me a minute to realise what was going on, before the doorbell rang again. I listened for the sound of Cadence walking downstairs but it never came, which was odd. I climbed down from my bed and walked through my door to look through the railing that lined the upstairs walkway.


Cadence was no where to be seen as the doorbell rang again, twice this time. I walked down the way, and stuck my head inside Cadence's room but it was empty. I began to worry as everything was quiet.



It took me a few seconds like it always did, but I shimmied down the steps to the main floor and peeked nervously down towards the front door. It was open, and light poured into the entry way from above the outside door. I stepped closer, and stuck my head around the corner to see if whoever it was had left.



Suddenly, from across the hall in the gallery I heard a grunt. I immediately knew who it was, and what she was doing. Keira was coming in through the side window. Instantly, I bolted for the stairs. I could hear her messing with luggage or something behind me, trying to navigate through the maze of Cadence's sculptures.


Awkwardly I climbed the stairs and made it to the top just as Keira stepped through the door.


"Cadence?" She called, looking around, two duffle bags in her hands.


I crouched down by the railing and watched her. She checked a few of the rooms on the main floor before taking out her phone and dialing.



[Hello?. . . . Yeah Cadence, it's Keira. I'm at your apartment, are you here somewhere? . . . Ok. . . . Alright cool, I'll check it out. . . . . No. . . . No, I haven't seen him. I just got in. . . . Ok. . . . . Ok. See you in a bit. . . . Bye.]



Keira hung up her phone and immediately looked up in my direction. I ducked back, my heart skipping a beat. I didn't know if she had seen me but I wasn't taking a chance, running into my room and under the bed. I felt like such a pussy hiding in my room, but being alone with Keira in this vulnerable state was a worst case scenario. Cadence was going to get a serious piece of my mind when she got home.



Listening closely, I heard Keira's footsteps coming up the stairs in my direction. My eyes were welded to the door, fully expecting her to come bursting in and snatch me from the security of the bed. To my relief, she reached the top step and turned to the right. She traveled down the walk-way and rounded the corner. She continued on to the last door.


My heart rate began to lower and I started to relax as I was sure she didn't see me. Cadence must have given her the only other bedroom left on the second floor. There were still more on the first floor below ours though.


I rolled over on to my back and put my hands behind my head. The ultra soft carpet was very comfortable and I had already decided I wasn't leaving the safety of my bed until Cadence came home. The problem was, I didn't know where she was or how long she woul be-



"SURPRISE!"



My bedroom door burst open and before I could even roll over, Keira was on her knees in front of me, craning her neck to look under the bed. I had barely even noticed her when her long, slender fingers wrapped around my ankle and I was drug out of my hiding place.


"Gotcha!" She exclaimed as she held me upside down in front of her as she looked me over.


"Holy shit! Cadence wasn't lying. . . . You're fucking tiny! " She said, giving me an uncomfortable shake. The blood was beginning to rush to my head.



"Put me the fuck down!" I shouted at her.

"No way, we need to have a little talk." Keira said ominously, before carrying me out of my room and down the stairs to the living room.

Keira unceremoniously dropped me on the floor in front of the couch before she plopped down heavily above me. She immediately made me uncomfortable by planting her big feet on either side of me. I saw her pull out her phone and face turned red as she took a quick picture of me with her flip flop clad feet as the back drop.

She just ignored me as she posted the picture God knows where. A few seconds later, she turned her attention back to me.

"I just can't get over this! It's like. . SO perfect! You finally got what you deserve." She said, a goofy grin on her face.


"How the fuck did I deserve this!?" I shouted at her, any trace of fear gone now. I should have known better than to engage in conversation with her.


"It's more like how DIDN'T you deserve this! You are a complete asshole all the time!" She said, glaring down at me.


"Only to art stealing pieces of shit!" I said, my tone calming. I knew from experience that she had no real response to that.


"Oh what the fuck ever! It doesn't matter anyway. Even with you sabotaging me 24 hours a day, I still managed to make a name for myself didn't I?"


I only chuckled, and looked away.


Not giving her any type of credit was the easiest way to piss her off. She had something to prove and I guess somewhere along the line I became her biggest critic or hurdle. . . I don't know which exactly.



"What's so funny?" She asked, scowling.


"Nothing. . . Are we done here?" I asked, turning away from her, pushing her buttons.


"Not even fucking close! We need to talk about this new living arrangement." She said, roughly grabbing my arm inside her fist and lifting me off my feet like I weighed nothing. She dangled me painfully from her seated position in front of me.



"The living arrangement is pretty simple. . . You stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours. Should be easy enough for even a big dumb ginger like you to understand!" I said spitefully, my distaste for her on full display.

She chuckled, but I felt her grip on my arm tighten immediately.

"Now THAT'S funny! You really think I'm gonna change course and go out of my way to avoid a tiny little twerp that I could just as easily flatten? I don't think so! You stay out of MY way, and maybe I won't stomp your little ass!" Keira threatened loudly, giving me another shake before dropping me back on the floor and crossing her legs. I looked up to see the bottom of her dirty yellow flip flop looming above me.

"No. . . I was thinking more of a size hierarchy." She finished, giving me a devilish grin.

I knew I couldn't let her push me around right out of the gate so I stood my ground.

"There already is a size hierarchy. . . Cadence is bigger than you, and she has my back. That puts you at the bottom of the totem pole." I explained arrogantly.

She seemed to be thinking that bit of information over.

"Huh. . . . I guess you're right!" She agreed in a condescending tone " but uhh. . . I don't see Cadence here right now. So where does that leave you?" She asked in mock confusion.


It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where she was going with this. There was a brief moment of silence, before I made a run for it. Unfortunately, she was all over me.


She pounced on me like a cat, her big palms flattening me to the floor. I let out a pained groan as she let her weight wear me out. Internally, I heard my ribs creak and my hips pop. Her long fingers wrapped around my skinny chest, trapping my arms at my sides. I winced as she used both hands to apply pressure, crushing me with ease.


The look on her face said she had been waiting for this [the act of getting any type of revenge on me] since probably the day I called her out. She was grinning from ear to ear as she squeezed the life out of me. Beyond the strain of being crushed, the lack of oxygen was taking its toll as well.


"So. . . I was thinking. . . That whenever Cadence isn't around, you're going to be my little bitch." She said, beginning a ruthless cycle of tightening and loosening her grip on me. By this point, I was about ready to pass out completely as Keira melted my body in her hands.


"Go. . Awwww. . . Go fuck yourself!" I managed to squawk between squeezes.


"Go awww!" She mimicked me, laughing her ass off. "You're so pathetic. That, and you really aren't in any position to talk shit to me!" She spat, emphasizing her point with a joint popping squeeze. My will to fight her was fading fast as she turned my body to jelly. She purposely burned my skin by wringing her hands back and forth around my torso. Keira was just essentially a giant, red headed boa constrictor. Unless Cadence walked in immediately, it seemed my choices were complete submission to her, or pass out. . .


As if on cue, Keira's death grip on me loosened and she allowed me to slide limply to the floor from between her hands.

"Ugh, yuck! You got my hands all sweaty!" She said in disgust, wiping them on Cadence's couch. "Ha! I literally squeezed juice out of you!" She exclaimed, laughing.

I was too out of it to enjoy the joke I guess. I just layed there, clutching my chest and struggling to catch my breathe. Keira gave me a brief moment to get my bearings, but it was short lived.

"Ok enough rest! I didn't squeeze you THAT hard. . . Stand up, I know what your first task is going to be." She said, and I watched her slide her feet out of her sandals.

My eyes didn't really want to focus as I stood, wobbling in front of her. Between us, her giant, dingy yellow flip flops. Her legs were in her chest and I could see her toes poking over the edge of the couch.

"The first thing you're going to do, is clean my flip flops." She said, flatly. She looked down at me, fully expecting me to raise some type of stink, and she was right to assume that I would.

"No." Was all I said to her.

It worried me slightly that it seemed to be the answer she was looking for.

"Umm. . . Yes. . . You're GOING to clean them." She responded, extending her feet down to the floor, more or less surrounding me.

"I guess I'm not exactly sure what part of "NO" you didn't understand. . ." I replied, my voice dripping with attitude.

She gave me a look of disbelief. It was like never in her wildest dreams did she consider that I might not do what she wanted.

"You do realise that I can squash you if you don't do it, right?" She asked, as if she was dealing out valuable information.

"Yeah. I uhh. . . I kind of gathered that after you nearly broke my ribs 2 sevonfs ago!" I answered, sarcastically.

"So why not just do it? You know I'll gladly crush you again. It's not worth it to be an asshole when you're the size of a Barbie doll." Keira rationalized, leaning over me.

"Its not something you would understand because you don't really HAVE principles. If I was to willingly clean your disgusting flip flops, I'd have to live with that for the rest of my life. . . . But if you force me. . . . Everything changes. If you MAKE me do it, on fear of getting physically dominated by you, there is nothing I can do about it and it is what it is." I explained to the gigantic red head.

"Oh what ever!" She said loudly, reaching for me. "Don't give me that Zen bullshit!"

I was lifted, turned horizontally, and placed roughly on my stomach on top of her right flip flop. A second later, I felt her clammy sole meet my back. My face was pushed into the well worn brown sole of her sandal and I had to clamp my mouth shut to avoid getting any grime in it as her toes planted themselves on my head.

I gave it a minute to see if she was done messing with me. She had me utterly pinned, unable to move anything but my legs from the knee down.

"Jeez! Your head is only barely bigger than my big toe!" She exclaimed, and I groaned in pain as she scrunched her toes, gripping my head between them and cranking it back for a few seconds before releasing it. Relief was brief as a moment later, she began to twist and grind the ball of her foot into my shoulder blades.


I was in hell as one of the people I despised most in this world, made a toy out of me. She hummed to herself as she casually obliterated me underfoot. I could hear my shoulders popping and creaking as she continued to twist with no mercy. My shirt was twisted into a pretzel and ground with a light layer of filth as I was forced into cleaning her flip flop against my will.


"Aww! Look! You're doing such a good job cleaning my flip flop! See?" She asked, lifting her foot from my back so that I could inspect the sole. Not that i had enough energy.


She let me lay for a few seconds while she took a quick selfie. The amount that she cared about what she was doing to me was underwhelming to say the least. When she finished, I felt her toes dig into my side and she rolled me over to look up at her. Just to be a bitch, she placed her foot back down on my chest, pinning me down.


I struggled to breathe under the weight of it, and my hands unconsciously moved to push against it, to no avail. She slowly but surely increased the pressure she was exerting on me, watching with amusement as my face began to turn from red to blue.


"Are you having trouble down there?" Keira asked, in a false sweet voice.


Of course I was unable to answer that, as I was on the verge of passing out. I began to tap frantically on her toes, doing everything I could short of begging to get her to release me. She only smirked down on me, holding me in place. She seemed perfectly content to watch my lights go out.


I struggled as hard as I could, but I was no match for the weight of her humongous foot. She continued watching me for a moment longer, before she eased the pressure, althoug I was still pinned down. Above me, Keira had paused to answer a text message. Her attention was only briefly averted, before her gaze returned to me. She looked as though she was contemplating what to do next.


"Nighty night!" She exclaimed suddenly , waving her fingers at me as her slender foot suddenly lifted from my chest and hung above me, ready to deliver the finishing blow.

"Please Keira. . . Don't do this!" I managed to say, looking up from between her toes.

"Hmm. . . . " She said, tapping her finger on her chin. "You don't by chance happen to remember a year or so ago when I politely asked YOU. . "Not to do this" when you were going around burning every bridge I might have had in the city, do you?" She asked, placing her foot back on the ground and leaning forward and getting right in my face.

"Yes. I remember." I answered, quietly.

"And I'm sure you remember that you went ahead and did it anyway, didn't you!" She sneered, contempt dripping from her voice.

"Yes I did. But that is where having principles comes in. You're not going to bully me into saying I was wrong, or apologizing, just because you think you have the upper hand right now." I said, confidently.

"Oh, I'm 100% sure that I have the upper hand right now! Look at you! You shrink down to this pathetic little size, and then you're dropped right here in my lap!"

"That's true, but karma has a way of sorting these things out." I answered, smugly.

"Karma!? You want to talk to ME about karma!?" She shouted at me, and in an instant I found her foot back on my chest. "I think you need a refresher on the score here! Yeah, I stole your painting! My karma was that I got busted and nobody trusted me. Fair enough. But then. . . . The little pipsqueek whose art I stole, decides he's going to take it a step further. . . And a step further. . . Until finally. . I have to BEG, for Flow's to even sell me any paint or brushes! Like. . . I understand that people might not "like me". . . But going out of their way to treat me like garbage at galleries and museums when I'm just trying to better myself? . . . . Fuck that! And fuck you! If you ask me, this whole thing is YOU, getting what YOU deserve!"

A moment later her foot lifted from me again, only this time I couldn't escape my fate. Her filthy sole descended violently on to me. It was the last thing I saw before I was stomped into unconsciousness.