- Text Size +
That night I got very little sleep after editing the videos. My mind was too awake and my thoughts drifted to my family. I knew I should probably go home, at least for a little while, but the thought of facing them didn't sound appealing. It would most likely be nothing but love, but having to deal with explaining where I've been and what I've been through sounded like a shit storm I wasn't ready to weather.



Around 8 in the morning, I left the "safety" of my room and went down to the living room. The place was quiet and luckily the t.v. remote was left within reach for me. I turned it on and began to flip through channels. I finally found something watchable and sprawled out on one of the pillows.


I don't know when I dozed off, but I woke up to the sound of somebody walking down the stairs towards me. . . . .it was Keira. . . .only she wasn't her normal clean hipster style. . . .


Her red hair was a total mess, and her eyes were puffy like she had been recently crying. She sniffled loudly as she reached the bottom of the stairs and turned to enter the kitchen. Every fiber of my body told me to just let her keep walking. She may not have even seen me, but if something really was wrong, maybe I could help.


"Are you. . . .alright?" I asked, awkwardly.


She jumped, my voice surprising her. When she realized where I was, her normal glare was found.


"What did you just say to me?" She asked, her tone confrontational.


"I. . .just asked if everything is ok. You look. . . .upset." I said, choosing my words carefully, as "You look like complete shit!" Might not not be the best thing to say to a woman scorned.

I heard her draw in an over exaggerated breath in through her nose, before stomping over to loom over me.


"No I'm not ok! Not like you would understand! I know you made her do that to me!" She screamed, getting worked up.


I kept my mouth shut .


"And another thing! Don't think you can mouth off to me just because Cadence wrote me that stupid note. I don't give a shit about it! If you want to act big, I'll prove you're not, I don't care what she says!" She continued.


Now I was confused.


"What note?" I inquired cautiously.


For the first time, I noticed a crumpled piece of paper in her fist and a second later she tossed it at me.


Annoyed, it took me a minute but I eventually uncrumpled it and read



[Hey Keira, I have some family shit to do all day today but when I get back we can hang out or something. Maybe you can help me grab some new stuff for my sculptures! Anyway, while I'm gone you need to stay away from Preston. I told him the same thing. If I hear that you fucked with him, I'm going to shrink you down and sit on you again! I'm serious. . . Just ignore him. I'll be home late tonight. Xoxox]


"Huh" I said thoughtfully.


"Yeah, and here you are, trying to goad me into a fight! Imagine that!" She said, like she was the victim in all this.


"Ok, Keira. . . .first of all, that isn't what I'm doing at all. I'm genuinely concerned if you're ok or not. If you're crying because Cadence was mean to you. . . .well I cant help you there. But if something is actually the matter, like a family member died or something, then I'll put our differences aside and be a decent human being to you." I said calmly.


She was quiet, confirming that it was still about Cadence.

"Plus" I continued, " if I was trying to get Cadence to hurt you more. . . I would just lie and say that you beat me up. No need to pick a real fight, and risk getting freight-trained!" I said with a chuckle.

"Eww! What is that?!" Keira asked with a look of disgust.

"Huh? Oh freight-trained? It's. . . Just an expression that Zoe- " I stopped myself. . . "It's like an unstoppable beatdown." I settled.

She didn't look entirely convinced.

"And this has happened to you before?. . . Did Cadence ever do anything to you before I got here?" She prodded.

"What? No! It's just. . . . It's just an expression! She never. . ." I stammered.

"Come to think of it. . Where were you this entire time? Like. . . After you got kicked out of your studio you-

"After YOU got me kicked out! AND stole the rest of my fucking art!" I interuppted, louder than I meant to be.

"Ok, whatever!" She answered dismissively. "After. . .THAT, you just disappeared. . . I heard your family had a funeral and everything. So what the fuck? I know you only showed up here a few days before me. . . Where were you?" She asked again, a serious look on her face now.

I felt cornered now. Keira seemed to be getting taller by the second.

"I don't remember. . " I lied.

I could tell that was a no go, and she put her hand on her hip like the next words out of my mouth had better be the truth.

"I just don't want to talk about it, ok? Can you just leave it alone please?" I asked, as seriously and calmly as I could manage.

It seemed to appease her for the time being.

"Ok, jeez!" She huffed, and walked out of the room.

She was gone for 20 minutes or so, before reappearing with a bowl of cereal and heading straight for me. I only saw her at the last second and didn't have time to get out of the way as she whirled around and tried to sit on me. I closed my eyes, but the collision never happened. Instead, she sat right beside me, the impact and weight difference between us hurling me into the air and into the arm of the couch.


"Holy crap! I didn't think it would work that well!" She exclaimed excitedly as I lay dazed.


Before I could get myself together, I felt her pinch the back of my shirt and pluck me off the cushion. She moved me over the edge and carelessly deposited me on to the floor before grabbing the remote and laying where I was just relaxing.


"Sorry bud, but it's the big kids turn to watch t.v. now!" She said, not even looking at me.


I didn't fight. . . . I knew it wasn't worth it, and maybe that's exactly what having a broken spirit is I guess. I left the room and just roamed the warehouse for the next hour. I tried to collect my thoughts. I needed to make a change. . . That much I knew.


I had plenty of friends I could crash with. . . . I think. . . But I guess if that were true, I might not have been living in my studio in the first place. I also would not have come across Zoey and for all I know, I wouldn't have this internal fear that's been thoroughly beaten into me at this point.


After a while, I grew bored and walked back into the apartment side just as Keira was walking down from her room. This time she was fully dressed and ready for the day.


"Oh great! You're back. I was just about to come and look for you!" She said cheerfully.


Before I could comprehend what she was talking about, she scooped me up and began walking towards the front door.


"What the fuck! Put me down!" I shouted angrily, but my tiny punches and kicks didn't phase her in the least.


"Hey! . . Calm down, ok? I'm not going to hurt you. . .right now. . . I'm getting you out of the house for a while. Being couped up all the time isn't healthy!" She explained as she picked her art bag off the floor.



Her words were an understatement. I had lived the last few months of my life trapped indoors and I knew for sure it had taken it's toll on me. That being said, going anywhere with Keira wouldn't be my idea of a good time exactly.


"Cadence is gonna be pissed that you kidnapped me!" I tried to reason with her as I squirmed in her hands.


"She'll get over it. ." Was all I got in response as she opened the flap on her messenger bag and prepared to stuff me inside.


"Whoa! Why the fuck do I need to be in there?! I shouted, fighting harder. Holding me became hard and awkward and Keira was forced to set me down.


"I don't want like. . . .some weirdo to see you!" She rationalized.


"Nobody is going to see me in your car!" I argued, not sure why I wasn't just running for my life instead of talking to her about the efficiency of her abduction.


She thought about it for a moment. . .


"Ok, whatever!" She said, not really admitting she was wrong. "We're wasting time!" She said as she closed her bag, grabbed me, and bolted out the door.


The car ride was pretty short and uneventful. She didn't let me stand on the dash so I couldn't exactly see where we were going, but about 15 minutes later, we arrived.


"Ok, get in my bag. . ." Keira said expectantly, holding it open.


"Is that really necessary?" I asked, skeptical.


"Yes! There are a ton of people on the street. It's 11 a.m genius!" She answered, annoyed.


"Jesus! Fine!" I huffed. I knew my options were either I entered the bag on my own, or I would be crammed into the bag.


I climbed in and sat down, knowing I would be tossed around if I tried to stand. I felt her climb out of the drivers seat and into the street. It was alive with the sound of foot steps and conversation. My heart began to beat faster. It had been months since I heard the actual public.


As I listened to the world continuing to exist without me, light flooded in on me from above, but was immediately blocked by Keira's giant face.


"Ok, so there is this girl outside my window. . . I don't know what she wants but just keep your mouth shut ok?" She commanded, before closing the flap again.


Stupid Keira. . . . Now she had my full attention. Then I heard it. . . .


"OH. . Hi. . . Is this. . . . Is this your studio?"


It was her.


There was no mistaking it.


It was Zoey.


I found it suddenly getting harder and harder to breathe.


"Uhh, yeah. Mine and a friend. . . Are you an artist or something? " Keira inquired, just being polite.


"Haha, no. . . Not with a paintbrush anyway!" Zoey laughed. "It's just. . . . Your style reminds me so much of my old roommates."


"Really? Your roommate was a painter?" Keira followed up, although I could hear impatience in her voice.


"Yeah. He actually used to rent this studio before he moved in with me. . ." Zoey explained.


My mind was on over-load. The two people I hated more than anyone. . . Casually having a conversation about me unknowingly. If my name came up, it was all over. I was sure Keira would immediately show me to Zoey, hoping to impress her and from there they would proceed to rag doll me until there was nothing left. . .


"Oh. . . Then he gave it up?. . . The painting I mean." Keira asked, fumbling with her keys.


"Eh, kind of. It was just my apartment so he couldn't do too much, but he did draw and whatever." Zoey said casually, as if she hadn't been holding another human being prisoner for the last few months.


"Hmm, I'd like to meet him some day." Keira said.


I was sure it was because it was just something to say.


"Probably not. He was a little bastard most of the time. I constantly had to put him in his place, you know? " Zoey said with a laugh.


"Oh my God, he sounds just like my roommate!" Keira exclaimed cheerfully. "It's like you would think he'd know better than to piss a girl off, but in his little tiny mind, he is still a big man or something!"


"That is exactly what it was too!" Zoey squealed. "But it doesn't matter now. I kicked his scrawny little ass to the curb. Haven't seen him since. He better hope I don't either!"


I heard her stomp the sidewalk and grind her foot for emphasis.


"Well. . . I've wasted enough of your time. I'll let you get to your painting" Zoey said politely.


"It's no problem, it was nice meeting you!. . . . Keira"


"Zoey"


I heard what sounded like a handshake.


"I'll see you around Zoey. Feel free to stop in here sometime!" Keira offered.


"Will do!"


And with that, they parted ways. A moment later, the bag was set down roughly on the floor. I made my way to the flap and forced it open. I was immediately struck. . And dropped to my knees.

It was overwhelming seeing this place again. Literally the last place I was ever normal size. It looked a little different since Keira had taken over, but it was still unmistakable.

"What the fuck? Don't go bruising yourself up. Cadence will blame me for it!" Keira said as she played on her phone.

I couldn't help it. . . . Tears began to flow from my eyes as the weight of what my life had become really hit home.

Keira looked up and her eyes got big when she saw me. She did have a look of worry, but it was only for herself.

"Look, seriously. . . . You need to stop! I don't know what game you're trying to play here but. . . . It's not funny or cute!" She said somewhat frantically as she came up and stood over me, her big feet on either side.

I didn't know what she planned to do to me, so I curled up into a ball for what minimal protection that gives you against somebody 6 times your height. She didn't move, a look of discomfort on her face due to my vulnerability. It was easy to be bitchy when I was an asshole right back but now. . .

"Ugh! Fine, whatever! Keep crying! I really don't care. I have painting to do. Just keep it down." She said finally, stepping away from me and moving to a fresh canvas. After a minute she was set up and began to paint.

As I watched, I knew exactly what she was trying to do. She was trying to copy me once again. She dissected my painting from memory and was trying different techniques to copy the style. I went from feeling sorry for myself to instantly irritated.

I stood up, dusted myself off and walked to the studio display window at the front of the shop. Hiding behind some random pottery, I watched the rest of the world go about their business. I figured just letting off steam was the best thing to do right now. Since there was nobody to save me here.

A full hour later, Keira finally got tired of trying to copy me and noticed I wasn't on the floor anymore.

"God! This is a complete waste of time!" She shouted, slamming her brush down in frustration. She looked to where I was last, and then around the studio.

"Preston?" She asked, nervously.

I said nothing.

"Preston? Where are you?" She more demanded now.

"Shut up!" I called, annoyed from across the room.

"Well then don't fucking hide from me!" She snapped back.

"I'm not hiding. I just couldn't stand to watch you butcher my style in person. Usually I get the luxury of seeing it after it's done and people already hate it." I said, arrogantly.

I knew I had struck a nerve.

The floor thundered and shook as the red haired giantess stomped in the direction of my voice. What she didn't realize was that in this studio, voices seemed to get thrown, and that I wasn't in the corner she was rampaging toward.

I watched as she shoved eisels and canvases out of her way, searching for me.

"Yeah, you say you aren't hiding, yet you're not fucking here, are you!" She shouted, losing what little cool she had.

"I mean. . . Maybe if you didn't have so much junk in here. . . " I began in an innocent voice.

She continued trashing the corner as I watched patiently from the window. True, I wasn't really in view, but I wasn't actively hiding either. Keira finished tossing or smashing everything in her way and was now faced with a bare corner.

"Fuck this! You're not worth it, you little shit! People like my art better than yours anyway!" She huffed, roughly pushing her mess into the corner again.

"I'm sure. . . That's why you're over there trying to copy my style huh?" I prodded and just like that, the search was back on.

"Oh my fucking god!" She shouted, and moved to the next pile of useless garbage on the floor. "You're just asking to get your neck wrung!" She finished.

"What did you think when you woke up on the couch and it was gone? I knew you'd steal it one way or another so I had Cadence take it and hide it." I laughed, and when I was sure her back was turned I slipped out of the window to another cluster of figure sculpture items.

She stood to her full height. Her face was beet red now. She looked over her piles of shit, straining to catch a glimpse of me. Willing it to happen. I peered through a small gap between junk, keeping a close eye on her.

Moving on, Keira searched the display window. I watched as she snatched up the small painting I had just been standing by. She stomped her foot in frustration when she saw I wasn't there. I just smirked, and when she turned her back again I made a dash to the little side room/office.

I could hear her continuing to search for me, getting more and more angry as I casually lounged under the desk in there. It was the same desk that was there when I rented the place, and I think it was assembled in the room and discovered to be too big to fit back through the door.

I could tell she was close now. Her voice sounded right outside as she desperately tried to get me to respond to her, to get any idea of where I was.

"You do realise that I'm your only way home right?. . . Like. . You chose to open your little mouth and now you can't escape the consequences. . . I don't really even NEED to look for you because I know you're not going anywhere! Sure, you might find a way out, but I really don't think you'd risk letting a stranger find you!"

I'm sure she didn't understand the gravity of what she was saying. . . When I was in this exact situation months ago, I DID risk letting a stranger find me. . . .and it turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life. . . .at the time I had no other choice.

Now. . . .now I knew she was right. If she left me, I would stay put until she came back or until Cadence or anyone I knew would come to the rescue. It didn't matter how long it would take. That being said, I wasn't about to just show up at her feet and let her have her way with me for however long she planned to stay here struggling to copy my style. No. . . Either she would have to find me, or I would wait until she was halfway out the door.

Knowing it could be a while, I decided to relax in the corner of the room. It had an abnormally wide baseboard and I took advantage and reclined with my back against the adjoining wall. I sat and just thought of nothing in particular.

Being held captive for 6 months, all you tend to do is think about everything. . . Mostly things you might not ever see or do again. I had dwelled there for far too long and my mind didn't go there anymore. It was better this way.


I don't know exactly when I fell asleep, but after about the 3rd Zoey dream, I finally opened my eyes. As my head cleared, I casually glanced to my right and was informed of my situation.


I followed the long, white, ripped jeans up and up until they became a cotton tank top, tiny tits and red hair and finally the victorious smirk on Keira's face.


"Enjoying yourself in here?" She asked, in a sweet tone. "You know. . . You're actually pretty cute when you're asleep." She admitted.


I glanced toward the doorway, but she had closed the heavy oak door behind her. . . I was trapped.


"Yeah. . . No way out. . . Sorry." Keira said as if she had just informed me that she was out of condiments at a restaurant or something.

I looked back up to her, knowing what would come next

"Oh don't worry! As much as I'd like to stomp your little ass out right now, unfortunately it's gonna have to wait." She said, her voice calm like the deed was unavoidable.

I gave her a questioning look.

"While you were in here taking your little nap, Tess showed up with Damien." She began.

"So?" I asked, flatly.

"Like. . . I wouldn't care so much if it was just Tess, but her little boy doesn't need to hear the noises you're going to make."


"Did you ever just stop and think that you don't NEED to fuck with me at all?" I asked, sitting up straight.



She answered by reaching down and plucking me up by the front of my shirt.


"Huh. . . That's interesting. . . . Especially coming from the prick that sabotaged every attempt I made to better myself for an entire year!" She said loudly, as she tossed me onto the desk an sat down with her messenger bag open.



"This is a little different isn't it? I just informed people of your reputation! Plus I never said anything that wasn't true! Meanwhile, you're over here talking about doing things to me you don't want a small child to witness!"


"You went out of your way to make sure I couldn't get on any galleries! You told everyone that every piece that I did was stolen, even after I apologized for it! I think you had this coming and you're lucky I didn't do anything to you before! I'm pretty sure I could have kicked your ass at full size! You walked around with your nose up, bad mouthing me constantly and now here you are in the palm of my hand. . . You had it coming." She gloated from above me.

My blood was boiling now.

"You shut the fuck up! You have no idea what I've been through, but I can tell you for damn sure I didn't deserve it! Fuck you and fuck karma!" I shouted, my voice going horse.

She was unphased.

"See, this is why you get beat up!" She countered, throwing her hands up. "It's like your tiny brain can't fathom how small you are, while at the same time deciding to be the biggest asshole possible to people that already don't like you! That is why the universe punishes you!" She exclaimed, her voice raising.


"You know nothing about the universe!" I said darkly, pointing a finger at her face. "It's not the universe punishing me! It's just a big, dumb, flat-chested, ginger bit-

My rant was cut short as a giant, bony fist proceeded to plow into my torso, follow through, and ram me into the wall behind the desk with a quiet crunch. I knew immediately she had broken ribs. When she pulled her hand away and let me fall limply to the ground, I knew I wasn't getting back up on my own.

There was no time to cry about it though as immediately there was a knock on the door.

"Are you alright in there? Who are you yelling at?"

It was Tess.

Keira swiftly swept my broken body into her bag. Her face once again filled the opening.

"You don't FUCKING talk to me like that! She said forcefully under her breath before slamming the flap down and buttoning it shut.

As I sat in the dark clutching my chest, I heard her open the door and address Tess before the door closed and everything got quiet. I don't know how much more time passed before she finally came in again and drove us home.