- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And here we are, the last chapter (in theory) before my takes on the Special events ! If you haven't read it on NotSirk's story, go for it ! 

Chapter 25: Revelation and advices

“What? We don’t even know what your sister did to lose it and apparently destroy your future or whatever! Why am I the one you’re yelling at!?”

“You can’t be serious ‘Rando!? I told you I’m interested in Izzellah, how could you fall in love with her, especially when you already have Shannon!?”

Alejandro took a deep breath and slowly released it, trying his best to keep his head cool, which was really hard with two enormous girls screeching and screaming at him, as if it was his fault! As if feelings were something I had control over! And I’m really not in the mood for that kind of talking from MAJORS! Taking a firm stance on his feet, the young man glared at both amazons and, to his relief –and surprise, managed to silence them, if only for a moment. He decided to push his advantage, and extended his arm in an accusatory move toward his fiancée.

“It’s your fault because I told you to drop your stupid idea to try and push me in Izzy’s arms to somehow prove your worth to me or something! And you!” he roared, turning toward his Little Lind now, “You should know that it’s impossible to know what the heart wants! How many times have you ended in a fight of something because you wanted a toy or to play with a friend, eh?”

“But I just want you to…” tried the ebony giantess but the Minor managed to shut her up once more.

“I told you I love you! I told you that yes, I want to marry you! What more do you need, Shannon? There is nothing more I can do! Yes, Izzellah is cute, and in any other circumstances, I would probably be so smitten that I wouldn’t even give you the time of the day… But we are not in those other circumstances. You changed my life more than you care to admit Shannon. Without you, I would still be wallowing in my own suffering, not really living the life I’m lucky to even have! So, stop trying so hard to woo me, because you’ve already won, I swear!”

Far above his head he could see Shannon’s tongue moistening her lips, her face inscrutable beyond this little sign of doubt. Alejandro tried his best to not sigh. MAJORS were stubborn creatures, especially his sugarplum, and he realized that his tirade did little to change her minds. He would have to suffer through her crazy ideas to prove herself worthy, but the young man decided that he wouldn’t endure it in silence. If he was vocal about his displeasure, perhaps she would relent and give up on it sooner. Or it would only harden her resolve, because it would be interpreted as a minor being petulant while his MAJOR mate knew best.

“Does… does it meant that you won’t try to seduce Izzy? Even if you… you’re in love with her?” meekly asked Lindsey in his back.

“It’s exactly what it means, Little Lind. And before you spout some stupid nonsense about not wanting to be an obstacle for me or something… I want you and Izzy to hook up. I really do. I think that, even if it was only for some weeks, or some days even, it would do good for both of you. At least it would be good for you to have Izzy’s help to shape up at such a crucial time of your life. She is far more used to dealing with droves of giant teenagers than me, after all.”

“But why would you want it?” finally grumbled Shannon. “It’s the one thing I can’t understand. Why wouldn’t you want to… to take Izzellah Ivory for yourself? Why wouldn’t you want to boast that even in spite of so many of us, MAJORS, conventionally believed to be superior beings compared to your kind, pining for her, it would be you who would snatch her heart? It… it’s just something I can’t comprehend!”

Alejandro shook his head in disbelief. He knew fairly well that MAJORS were a different breed from his own kind. But surely, it wasn’t so hard to understand that he was in love and that he saw no interest in competing alongside peoples barely above horny gorillas to seduce Izzellah. She deserved better than that, and so did his little sister. But apparently, being happy with one’s station was just too alien for the massive billionaire. If he was being honest, it wasn’t so surprising. In the dog eats dog world of MAJORS, one couldn’t succeed as she had with empathy or turning away from any kind of competition. Because MAJORS were dumb like that.

“I’m a Minor” he simply replied.

“Humpf. Even then… How can I be sure that you won’t regret choosing me over Izzellah – or anyone else for that matters- in the future? I don’t think I could endure it, sweetie.”

“How can you be sure you won’t become bored of me, or disgusted when I’ll grow old, and weak and senile and you’ll still be in your prime?” countered the young man quite bluntly. “Or that I wouldn’t end not regretting not choosing you if I ended with someone else?” he hastily added as his fiancée was opening her mouth to strongly oppose this idea. “The true answer, the honest answer is that you can’t, and you know it, even if you doesn’t want to admit it. And that’s why you really should stop worrying so much, Shannon. We’ll be fine.”

“But you won’t!” interjected Lindsey. “Because I ruined everything. I was with Samantha Paolini, Helena and Jenny and I ended revealing that we knew Shannon, and that you were childhood friends and Jenny understood that you were the first Righter and… and…”

Lindsey seemed to choke on her tears suddenly, and Alejandro felt really bad, because he couldn’t understand why something so… trivial, had made her overreact so much, to the point that she had made him afraid for her well-being. Somehow, he guessed that what she had told him earlier, how she felt left out from their family’s past had simply grown and over-spilled when they had moved here and that their lives had changed so much. And it made him feel bad that he had failed to take notice of this and helped her deal with it beforehand.

“It’s not terrible, Little Lind. Really, it isn’t, it was bound to happen. And I don’t even like this “Righter” moniker, I just want Minors to have possibilities and opportunities to grow into their own peoples, that’s all, really.”

“Yes, but now they know you may have ignited this! Those who are unhappy about it will take action! Your every days at schools will be full of pestering MAJORS!”

“So, nothing will change then” laughed Alejandro. “I mean, really? Have you not seen how this Helena Beaulac started it as soon as the ceremony ended our first day?”

“Helena Beaulac?” repeated Shannon, her voice suddenly quite urgent and tense. “Taller than the average teenager, black, very muscular?”

“Yes, she’s your cousin, we know” huffed Lindsey, focused on her brother and apparently not too happy to have the gigantic woman trying to inject herself in their discussion, if Alejandro knew her.

“Well, I don’t!” yelled the Minor. “I mean, does it mean that this insufferable Shawna is your cousin too?” he asked to Shannon, a scowl on his face.

“Yes she is. Did she bothers you?”

“Bother me? She’s an insufferable ass!” bellowed the Minor, making the two girls blink in surprise at his enraged tone, “belittling others and so sure of knowing what is right for our kind when all she does is spouting the MAJORS’ usual rhetoric, as if we were poor things in need of you guys all the time, to do everything, and that we should be glad to be treated as permanent babies or something!”

“You can’t blame her for it!” firmly declared Shannon. “Both her parents were Minors, they cut ties with our families because of our usually very traditional view on your kind and its position in society. And they both died during Katrina because of it, when she was just a little girl, and she was taken by our Beaulac’s cousins, and they treated her well, giving her the security she craves so much!”

“Even then! She shouldn’t judge all the Minors who feel differently!” huffed Alejandro, refusing to back down on his distaste for Shawna, even if he still ended looking quite embarrassed suddenly. “Anyway, she isn’t important here. What’s matters is that you shouldn’t be so shocked and shaken about it, Little Lind. It was bound to happen anyway, and if need be, I had fully in mind to make public that Shannon proposed and I said yes.”

“You’ll be married soon!?” squealed Lindsey, suddenly clapping her hands and jumping up and down in delight at this news, which managed to fully dissipate Alejandro’s lingering anger in a great burst of laughter.

“Ask it to this black mountain over there. She’s the one managing all of it, really.”

“Well thanks you!” grumbled Shannon, stomping quite powerfully with her left feet. “You shouldn’t sounds so happy, it could make me lose my mind…” she added, crossing her arms under her ginormous breasts, pushing them up and out in so doing.

“Oh come on Shannon! You know I’m excited about it. I mean, you know it full well after what we did two days ago. It’s just that… well, yes, I’m clearly not used to have a say in something as momentous as a marriage, even my own. I am a product of our society, after all.”

“But you don’t need to sound so detached about it…” she mumbled, looking a little sorry for her petulant behavior, or simply feeling bad about ignoring his upbringing, Alejandro could never really tell with her.

With the bond you could, but he chased this idea away. Bonding, even with Shannon, wouldn’t become a common thing. Letting even her into his mind too often was not something he liked to think about. Izzellah had told him that a lot of bonding some honed the senses of the MAJOR when it came to sniffing out the bonded Minor. And already knowing how easily a Tier 2 like Shannon could break his defenses without too much difficulties, especially when he wasn’t so hot about keeping them up, even for a moment, this idea was frightening.

“Sorry if I felt not interested my love” he decided to answer, letting go of his sister to go and caress his fiancée’ leg, trying to appease her as best he could. “Anyway… now you see why you don’t have to be so worried and feeling bad about your revelation of Shannon and I’s past as childhoods friends. Because, let’s be clear, if need be, I won’t hesitate to call on her to help me at school” he decided to add.

“You would rely on a MAJOR?” asked the two gigantic women, both as bewildered by this revelation.

“Yup. I mean… I’m not living under Joseph’s shadow anymore. I don’t have to always do the opposite of what he would have wanted me to do. If I want to laze around, I can. If I want to rely on a MAJOR, I can. I already told you that I don’t want to eschew all help from your kind. It just has to be asked by me, and not imposed on me. It’s an important nuance in my eyes, ladies.”

“What have you done to my brother?” asked Lindsey, looking up at Shannon with an inquisitive looks.

“Nothing, I swear! It’s how he feels. We… bonded two days ago, deeply, so I can assure you that it’s not me messing with his mind, Lindsey!”

“Hey! I would like you to stop talking over my head!” complaining the young Minor man.

“It’s kind of hard to do that, considering that we are taller than it” taunted Lindsey, the last remnants of her breakdown apparently chased away, which rejoiced the young man, even if he didn’t like being made fun off because of his size too much.

“Har, har. Very funny! And here I was, ready to tell you the plan I had to bolster your chances to seduce Izzy… I guess it’ll be a pass from you then, I wouldn’t want to hurt my neck looking up so much.”

“No! I’m all ears, I’m sorry!” yelped Lindsey, literally throwing herself at him, catching his torso in her extended arms to prevent him from retreating further, clutching around Shannon’s left leg in the process.

“You’re sure? I wouldn’t want you to waste time listening to…”

“Yes I’m sure, cut your crap already!” yelled Lindsey, making him wince. “I’m sorry, but really, please, please, please! Tell me what your ideas are, I’ll follow them to the letter, down to the very minute’s details, I swear. And you know I always do as I swear, right?” she added, trying her best Bambi’s eyes imitation.

“You won’t need to follow a script, it’s just some ideas and some advices for you, Little Lind” grumbled the Minor. “But I would like some space to breath, if it please you.”

“Of course! Anything you want!” said Lindsey, jerking back off in an almost comical way. Even if he often disliked it, Alejandro admitted that sometimes, a MAJOR’s overreactions could be funny.

“Fine… so, here’s the deal…” begun Alejandro, pointing his index to the ceiling. “Izzellah is a precursor for Minor’s standing in the future, or so I hope. She spent a whole year unbonded at her school, among horny and crazed MAJORS. She won’t take kindly on you trying to impose yourself, Lindsey. You can show off a little, but not enough to be off putting, if you catch my drift.”

“Where did you learn to talk like that ‘Rando? Catch my drift, really” huffed Lindsey, shaking her head in disbelief.

“See? That kind of attitude won’t do you any good when it comes to getting in Izzy’s good grace.”

“But it will be very important to succeed in your life, both at school and outside of it. Believe me, when you’ll enter the professional world, being sassy is the least of the requisite to not end being a worker drone” pontified Shannon.

 “Oh, I know” chirped the young MAJOR. “I mean, I already managed to convince my brother that me fighting in school is good for his dreams of independence and respect!”

“Really!? Now, that’s a feat of strength, he isn’t exactly that open to us demonstrating our superiority on our peers, you know.”

“Yeah, I can understand why, with his past and what Mac Ferlan did, but we are nothing like him, so it shouldn’t bother him that much, right?”

“You two remember that I’m here, or have you already got your heads so up in the cuckoo clouds that you’ve forgotten me?” creaked Alejandro. “Just for your information Lindsey, do it and you can say goodbye to Izzellah. I’m practically certain that she puts up with it from her friends, because she sees them all the time, but you’re basically still a stranger for her, what she accepts from them, she won’t accept from you.”

“But I’m way cooler than that stupid Rodriguez girl!” whined Lindsey. “I’m brilliant, I’m muscular and I’m funny! If she is okay with her friends doing it, why wouldn’t it be better if I was doing it?”

“Because she doesn’t know you yet?” asked the Minor rhetorically. “You’ve met her for like, an hour and a half, perhaps? And at least a third of that time was spent fighting with her soon-to-be step-sister. That’s not exactly the way to a Minor’s heart, well, not an enlightened one, at least.”

“Aren’t you exaggerating sweetie?” asked Shannon, looming large over the two siblings. “I mean, I get it, it’s distasteful, and it can be taken the wrong way, but surely Izzellah Ivory won’t lose it just because we have some MAJOR’s habits.”

“You don’t know it. Heck, I don’t know it, but from what she told me of her daily life, she really dislike being handled or treated as a doll or a kid by your kind. And speaking as if we weren’t even here is definitively insulting, I can tell you. I put up with it because I love both of you, but it’s seriously as if I wasn’t even here for you. How would you react if I did the same to you, talking as if you weren’t even here, with Izzy, for instance?”

“We would do what you just did and complain?” offered Shannon, a huge smile on her face now. “And probably make clear that you little guys mustn’t act that way around us, by smothering you in our perfect bodies? And then, if you and I were here… well, I would probably tuck you somewhere else…”

“Shannon!” screamed an indignant Minor as his fiancée liked her lips in a very seductive way, making quite clear what her intentions were.

“Can we focus on your plan for when Izzellah’s arrive?” asked Lindsey. “The sooner it’s dealt with, the sooner you two love birds can return to your usual practices.”

“Fine by me!” chirped Shannon, suddenly ensnaring Alejandro in her hands and bringing him close to her massive chest.

“Hey! What did I just said about being manhandled!” roared Alejandro, struggling to get free.

“Technically, you’re womanhandled, or MAJORHANDLED baby” laughed Shannon. “And quite frankly, you haven’t been in my arms for hours now, it’s far too long when you’re here! Plus, it’s not as if you needed the ground beneath your feet to tell your sister your ideas, right?”

“How would you feel if someone plucked you out of the ground at her whims?” grumbled the Minor.

“I… I don’t know” admitted Shannon. “I don’t think I would like it very much… But I still won’t put you back, sorry” she added, sticking out her tongue.

“Damn it…” mumbled Alejandro. “Fine! Then, Lindsey. My idea was to let Jim Paolini go and get Izzy and her friends at the airport, and then have them dropped at our house, where you would be alone.”

“You would do that for me!? Oh ‘Rando, you’re the best brother in the whole world! But… don’t you think that Izzellah will be angry at you for doing something like that? I mean, it would be very manipulative or underhanded.”

“Perhaps” admitted the young man, rather unfazed. “But you know what? If it gives you an opportunity, I’m okay with that. But just for your information… don’t push your luck nor lose your temper. I know you’re quite used of flaring up easily and starting a fight at the slightest provocation. I still remember that time when you were nine when Alaric went in the fridge and got the last raspberry-flavored yoghurt and you lost it, screeching and trying to gouge his eyes out because of it. It wouldn’t do, not at all little sister.”

“Come on! You told it yourself, I was nine, I’m thirteen now!”

“Twelve” corrected Alejandro. “And I know, you’ll be thirteen in two weeks. But for the time being, you aren’t, so keep your hands in your pocket or around your weights, Little Lind. It’s not legal yet to kiss you, and certainly not to touch you in other… places” added the Minor, his face turning bright red due to embarrassment.

“’RANDO!” screamed Lindsey. “I would never do something like that! Izzellah is too important for me to do that! Plus, she’s so pure and innocent that I know that I’ve nothing to be afraid off, she won’t make a move which would drive me crazy!”

Alejandro did his best to keep a blank face. If only she knew! One of the reasons he had went along with her wishes to become quite literally a gym addict, pushing out crazy muscles, was because he knew that Izzy had a things for female wrestlers. Of course, he couldn’t have known that such a course would have led him to be close enough with a rampaging and over-sized alligator in their very first week-end in New Orleans. I guess living with MAJORS will always be crazy. I can understand Shawna’s parents for wanting to distance themselves from all those insane freakazoids!

“Of course, we’ll come right away” declared Shannon, a little haughtily perhaps.

“You can’t, it would defeat ‘Rando’s whole idea to take a bullet for me!” yelled Lindsey. “What’s the point of him not meeting with Izzy at the airport or at home if you barge in, in like, ten minutes once they’re inside?”

“Well, I’ll need to be here, to help her accept that staying at your house would be a better alternative than going to the poor motel they’ve probably chosen.”

“Hold on a moment! Don’t tell me you’re doing to Izzellah what you did to us” grumbled Alejandro. “It’s not like that that you’ll convince her to become one of your ambassadors. And since she is terrified of you, clutching her to your bosom won’t help either” he added with a wry smile as he felt his lover’s fingers coiling a little tighter to press him into the might globes on her chest.

“Terrified of me? Why!?” yelped Shannon.

Alejandro looked at her, perplexed. Is she joking or… But the colossus seemed quite serious, pleading for an explanation with those big brown eyes he loved so much. Looking down, over the curvature of her breasts, he saw Lindsey, also expecting an explanation. While he had wanted to help his sister prepare to seduce Izzy, he had elected to not reveal anything too personal that his so far only Minor friend had told him. It was best to let themselves discover each other, he had decided. Knowing MAJORS, with too much information, his sister couldn’t have helped but come out as over-eager or smothering and jinx it.

“Well… you’re quite big Shannon and it is terrifying. Even I was frozen solid when I first saw you – saw your back even! I think that, if my memories of you from when we were kids, hadn’t come back, I would have remained distant and cold at best, became utterly terrified at worst.”

“Oh baby… why didn’t you told me, I would have…” started the giantess, anguish etched on her face.

“Done what? Trying to find a shrinking serum? Perhaps a laser gun to become smaller? What could you do, exactly Shannon, with this information? Nothing. Plus, I would hate myself if you felt the need to change physically to cater to what I feel.”

“Oh, that’s so sweet…” cooed Shannon, bring the young man’s face to her lips to offer him a long and passionate French Kiss.

“Eww” said Lindsey, a disgusted look on her face.