- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

There are people who only come to their senses with a good beating.


There are people who do not learn to kneel, getting to fight for something small that is the reason.


There are people who only understand a law, the law of the jungle.


Carmen did not reach the top of GUN being a coward that hid behind the first line of combat. Not at all.


She WAS the first line.

 

 

 


 

Casino Costa Calida: Half an hour before.

(Elsa and Bolt team)

 

The casino complex of Bahia was famous among tourists for being completely covered, with a holographic screen showing all day a starry night sky. So the illusion was created that you come when you come, the night would always be waiting ...Needless to say, this was not too well seen among those outside the casino. From a tourist trap to lose the notion of time to a gigantic aberration that destroyed the landscape of Bahia del Sol.
For Elsa, who had designed a part of the resort's main hotel, it was nothing ugly or spoiled the natural landscape. The mount that made a natural wall with mexico was not that it was a work of art, so a macrostructure so impressive was a beautifying-


"Elsa, wake up, we're coming!" Bolt grabbed the copilot's shoulder and applied the slightest shock he could to wake her up. Needless to say, the Elsa start almost loaded the glove box with a kick. "Elsa! That these cars are official GUN! If something breaks I have to pay for it!"


"BUT TO WHOM IT HAPPENS TO WAKE UP WITH AN ELECTRIC SHOCK?MORON!"


"Oh sure... Jack is used to it but I should not assume that other people too... my fault"


"You do not have many friends, right Bolt?


"Well... the truth is that no, if we do not count Dylan and the rest of the spears... the number of friends would be more or less... zero"


"Dylan was Valeria's secretary, right? Since you're going out with him, you'll have access to secret GUN stuff, some interesting gossip?"

 

"The truth is that no, Dylan is very reserved with work and his personal life, I really do not know anything about the work beyond it!" Elsa did not give credit that she was saying so happy.


"Are you aware... that when you are in a relationship, you must share your life with the other person, why I have adapted all my things for Hannah, sharing your life is the least you can do with the person you love!Bolt, I know I should not get into your life, but if Dylan wants you I'll tell you things about him."


"S... seriously? As he is my first boyfriend, I assumed that everything was working properly." As much as she wanted to call him to ask if things were okay, they had work to do ahead of them.


"Your first boyfriend? Bolt how old are you ?!"


"Currently? This year I will be 30"


"Is that before recruited in GUN with 15 years ?! Damn, Valeria took advantage of the last century!"


"Until Vagrand did not arrive at the city hall 6 years ago the minimum of the junior agents was 15, but after complaints from the government, they raised it to a minimum of 18."


"Interesting..." It really was not, but it was the first time Bolt had talked so much with Elsa since they met. After parking outside and paying the entrance to the complex, the couple went inside.

 


 

 

Elsa was really impressed, although she had worked in the construction of the central hotel, this was the first real time she was in the complex in operation. And it had to be said, it worked like a charm.

The slightly refreshing ambient temperature, the night sky full of stars, the huge buildings covered with neons... the streets were completely pedestrian, and there was no smoke in the air.
"I've already caught on to that stardust speedway... who was the idea to call it that?" After not hearing an answer for a few seconds, Elsa turned around to find Bolt in love with the neons at the entrance. "Bolt... this is some special thing from the Thunderbird?"


"So many electric energy in a single complex... so many bright lights and neons... I wish I could work alone her ..." Elsa sighed and fumbled in the pocket of the arpia and found her cell phone. If Bolt was going to be distracted by the casino lights, it was Elsa's turn to be the GUN agent this time.

"Let's see... Carmen lives on Paris Avenue... which is on the right... My hotel was in Plaza Madrid... I'd like to see it... but we have work! Focus Elsa! Dont let the lights of the casino blind yourself!" And dragging the harpy, Elsa marched towards her goal.

 

 


 

Mayor's office


Dylan came running, loaded with all the papers that Valeria had asked. The pile of leaves so huge that I could not see where it was going, and if it was not for Veronica, it would have crashed directly into Mayor Vagrand's desk.


"These are all reports about Jack's activities?" Valeria did not bother to hide her anger, tearing directly the tower of papers from Dylan's hands. Vagrand sighed as he made a hole in his desk for so many reports.


"Yes ma'am ... but I do not have even the current location of Bolt and Jack, is that a problem-" "HOW IS NOT IT A PROBLEM ?! I HAVE TWO AGENTS THAT DURING THEIR SURVEILLANCE TURN DOWN THEIR SIGNAL TRACKER! tO Say nonsense Dylan, dont say anything."


"I ... I understand, ma'am." After 3 hours of trying to use Jack's computers, of going through the GUN barracks from top to bottom and of calling the two agents without stopping ... Valeria's response was not a tasteful dish.

 

Vagrand had to be the one who scolded Valeria. "Valeria, do not talk to your secretary like that, it's not your fault! You can rest for a while, son, Veronica, please show him the rest room of the town hall."

Veronica nodded and opened the door to Dylan, who before leaving, gave a slightly offensive gesture to her boss.
"Valeria ... do not pay your secretary with your frustration"


"Benjamin, the situation is critical, WE'LL DIE EVERYONE AS I DONT ACHIEVE HANNAH THAT WE WILL FIGHT AGAINST THE KING OF MAUSOLEO! IF I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD MY ANGER ON DYLAN, I'LL HAVE TO KEEP HIM UP! I'M PAYING HIM FOR SOMETHING!"

 

"I dont think it's the best way to treat your employees ... and if you have so many problems why you want to read so many reports about Jack, you should not go out and track them down yourself?"


"We have been having information filtering problems in GUN for months, that Jack has turned off his tracker only proves that my suspicions about him were correct." Vagrand did not give credit to what he heard. Leaking problems? How could this be the first news I had of the matter? "Valeria ... why have not you warned me before?"


"Because I know it's Jack, I've been waiting for months for him to make a mistake, and all this just shows how wise he was." Valeria was more than reading, devouring report after report, looking for the proof that would allow her to send the swat for Jack.


"Even if it's Jack... do not you think it's more important to take care of the King of the Mausoleum?" Everything you've told me about him makes me want to evacuate the city more and more, but I can not give the order based on an assumption. "


"I know perfectly benjamin, and I would love to tell you exactly how and when it will appear..." Valeria sighed in frustration, and putting her feet on the table she sent all the reports to fly. "Everything the prophet knows about the King of the mausoleum is that he was locked in a prison far south of here, I'm going to tell Dylan to call Nasa, if something so big moves his satellites they should get it... I think"


"Nasa ... are you sure about this Valeria?" If this did not go well... the blame would fall all over the shoulders of the mayor. But Valeria was too tense for it to be a mistake.

 

Nodding softly, Valeria got up immediately to throw herself against the sofa in the office. The weight of the vampire combined with the force with which it had been thrown was enough to break it. This was a small price to pay compared to what Flynn would do to his head if he could not get Hannah on his side.

 

| Jack is the mole, that was for sure ... all I need is to find the right proof to put him behind bars and be able to focus on the King ... if mom was awake she would know how to get out of this. But it isnt, and now everything falls on my shoulders. |


And even with Vagrand's cries of outrage for his couch, the pressure combined with fatigue was enough to knock out the vampire, sleeping slightly for the first time in days.

 

 


 

 

Paris Avenue: 12:15 in the morning

 


"Apartment building number 27, Carmen lives here" After 15 minutes of watching Bolt as if she were a small girl that could be lost, Elsa managed to locate the building.One knows that a casino complex has a great level when it has private residential buildings within the complex.


For what she puts in the phone message, Carmen had to live on the seventh floor. A part of Elsa did not want to have to climb the stairs, so sending Bolt to fly to make it go down was a less viable option. "Well Bolt ... what do you think about going to look for-"


BOOM!

 

Elsa did not want to turn around, knowing what she would find. By the cries of the rest of tourists and members of the casino, whatever has fallen behind has done it with enthusiasm (only needed to look slightly towards the ground to see some slight cracks)
"Chief... carmen..." If Bolt was shaking so much, it is that Carmen should be a bad woman beast. For better or for worse, Elsa decided to turn around and observe the woman in an armor worthy of a science fiction movie. "I didnt know... that you had worn a GUN armor..."


"BOLT! MY FAVORITE STUDENT! WAIT FOR A MOMENT" Carmen took off her GUN helmet, letting her curly hair fall. "And this girl, is she part of GUN, so low level they ask now?"


"Chief carmen... take off the armor..." If the rumors of the GUN combat armor are real... it is totally understandable that even Bolt is nervous while Carmen carries one.

 

Keeping her composure with all her strength, Elsa took a step forward before the look between amused and interested Carmen. "Exspear Carmen, my name is Elsa, I have an offer for you"


"An offer, daughter, you should know that I'm retired from business, so I'm not interested... although maybe you can convince me"


"I will do anything to gain your attention, but before doing so... what would we be talking about?"


Carmen touched something on the inside of her arm, and after a few moments another GUN armor fell on her side.
"BUT HOW MANY ARMOURS DO YOU TAKE ?!" Bolt did not give credit to what he saw, furious and indignant.


"If between you are both able to lie me down ... I'll listen to your offer, blonde"
Elsa sighed and walked towards GUN's armor, which opened on the back to allow access. Sometimes, one does real stupid things just for love.

 

 


 

 

From a safe distance in the window of a nearby bar, Fiona watched the fight and as the old black woman destroyed the little bird and the blonde.To wear a GUN armor also the blonde, had not come to give a single blow to the old woman. And the little bird was not doing much better.


His task was only to watch the blonde, but the beating was being such, that the "blood" boiled to her begging him to enter a good fight. A well-charged drink, a couple of bullets in its charger and the din of battle were the ingredients of life's nectar.Damn the moment where he was only allowed to watch from a distance.

Removing the transmitter from the pocket of his vest, the protoslime tried to call the priestess to change his mission, but risk not charging was not viable at this time- THE OLD WOMAN HAVE DESTROYED A LANTERN! USING THE BLONDE! WHY THEY COULD NOT LET ME PARTICIPATE ?!AND A SHIT THAT FIONA WAS GOING TO SITTING!
Releasing a couple of bills on the bar, Fiona ran out of the bar, melting the mechanical doors so she did not have to wait.

 

 


 

 

Today was being a day of surprises for the architect, but the last thing that was expected was for a kind of fire cowgirl to suddenly appear, firing Carmen with a revolver and overturning one of the electric cars to cover her and Elsa .
"Are you ok, blonde? The old woman was giving you a good beating!" The cowgirl leaned against the car, checking her charger and waiting for Elsa's response. An answer that sincerely she did not know what it should be.


"In that we agree... are you an elemental?"


"Protoslime! You can call me Fiona! I would shake your hand but I'm so excited for a good battle that I do not know if I can control my temperature!"


"Well Fiona... I need to defeat Carmen, and recruit her to train me, can you help me? I can pay you if necessary!" Making allies in the middle of battles to make other allies was not the typical thing, but Elsa is an expert in dealing with uncontrol and absolute chaos.


"I do not need money from you, I just want a good cup after this victory!" Fiona walked away and kicked the car with all her strength, throwing it at Carmen as it turned into a ball of fire and steel.


Carmen put herself in the position of a boxer, and as the car approached she gave him a direct with his left fist, stopping him in his tracks. "Nothing bad outsider, but you will need much more to overcome!" The arm of the armor opened outward, showing a kind of speaker. With a direct as powerful as the previous one, she threw back the destroyed car towards Fiona.


"So I like it! A good exciting battle!" Kicking Elsa away, Fiona intercepted the car directly with her hands, melting it until there was only a puddle of liquid metal.

 

Bolt flew to Elsa, taking advantage of the fact that Carmen and the cowgirl had jumped into a direct hand-to-hand combat to drag Elsa to a corner of the building. "Our extra, is your friend?"


"I hope so... how the hell do you wear this armor?! I try to do what she does but nothing works!" Elsa showed it by trying to shake the arm to take out the amplifier, but to no avail.


"I have no idea... they are only for the human agents of GUN. The extrahuman as we have natural resistance and greater tolerance to pain, so use the armor isnt allowed" Bolt leaned over to watch, watching as the cowgirl managed to push back slightly to Carmen. Although it is Carmen we are talking about, the most powerful human precursor of GUN.


"Bolt... you can generate electricity, right? You could generate a lot of electricity concentrated in a single point? I have a plan..." Elsa took off her helmet to breathe, smiling showing her teeth while drawing the mental diagram.


"I suppose I could arrange a large discharge on one of my feathers... are you sure your plan would work? The cowgirl seems to be able to stand on its own, maybe we should wait."


"I want to be helped by Carmen, so I'm going to give her the last blow, Bolt, I'm not going to ask you to trust me, but trust Hannah who trusts me, you get it?" Bolt nodded and approached Elsa to listen to the plan.


Elsa may not have the strength of Fiona, or the power of Bolt. She may not know how to handle GUN's armor like Carmen, it's even possible that she could be compared in physical strength to Jack.

But Elsa was not known as the best tactic of her generation for nothing.


"Let the game begin"

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks as always to all the readings! It's time for the one known as the greatest genius of her generation to do her homework and prove who she is!


Carmen, Ex Vanguard of GUN


- Height: 6 feet 3 inches.


- Physical Complexion: The exvanguardia of the spears was known to carry permanently his beloved experimental armor, the first version of the later known as "GUN armor", so not many people know how it was physically. (As of today there are still rumors that it really was a robot)

For the closest acquaintances, under all the metal plates and servomotors, Carmen is a black woman full of proud scars, samples of a past where she stood up fighting face to face with people much bigger than her. Unfortunately, not all scars were acceptable. Born with a disease that was gradually worsening her eyesight, both eyes had to be replaced by the most advanced implants that science had in 2005, after years of continuous insistence by Valeria.

And although it is hard to believe Carmen has never been devoted to bodybuilding, all her muscles born as she says "Of the duty of a spear with Bahia".


- Personality: Fists first, conversations later.


- Extras: Carmen left GUN on her own initiative, tired after so many years of continuous struggle, either with the GUN itself or in maneuvers with the North American army.She took out of the bank everything she had saved after 30 years of continuous service, bought a house on the Costa Calida, and after stealing enough armor to be prepared for whatever it was, she cut all communications with GUN.

(Rumors say that the latter was caused by discrepancies with Valeria over Dylan's hiring and the decision that Zoe was his future successor)